Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13351 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well, BGEE is just a graphical update of BG1+Tales of the Sword Coast. The pack contains much more. I haven't looked much further into BGEE and I won't until it hits $5.

Ars has probably one of the fairer reviews of BGEE.

It is a little more than just a graphical update. It also does include new characters, voice work, and areas, tho I don't know if it amounts to much.
Posted Image

#13352 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Anyone else amused that Square Enix Weekend on Steam is still stuck on Thursday?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13353 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Anyone else amused that Square Enix Weekend on Steam is still stuck on Thursday?

No since it didn't appear until about 7 EST last night.

#13354 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

They're doing the opposite of the GMG "Friday" sale....:roll:

#13355 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

It is a little more than just a graphical update. It also does include new characters, voice work, and areas, tho I don't know if it amounts to much.

I guess at the price I'm just meh on it. I think as an iPad game it's an enticing entry. (but I don't have one of those)

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#13356 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yes, it's actually a fair bit more than just a graphical update. I wouldn't necessarily pay $20 for it because I played all of these games back in the day, but I'd buy it on sale for the new content and play it before I bought old unoptimized versions of these games.

I guess at the price I'm just meh on it. I think as an iPad game it's an enticing entry. (but I don't have one of those)

It's not really an iPad game either. The iPad version has a different interface and all of the add-on content is paid in the mobile versions, which is why it's much cheaper than the PC version.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#13357 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'm so tempted to grab it for the iPad. Feedback seems to indicate they're still fixing bugs, will probably buy when it's less frustrating to control

#13358 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

So in addition to Steam not continuing on with the Square sale from Thursday to Friday. Their facebook page is posting updates about the winter sale. It's currently Day 15 and 14 again. so...holiday sale anyone?

and Ace Combat is now on steam. It was fun enough when I played it on 360.

#13359 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

So in addition to Steam not continuing on with the Square sale from Thursday to Friday. Their facebook page is posting updates about the winter sale. It's currently Day 15 and 14 again. so...holiday sale anyone?

and Ace Combat is now on steam. It was fun enough when I played it on 360.

LOL wasn't sure if you were serious.. but I checked Steam's facebook page and it's true. Whatever GMG is smoking, Valve seems to be smoking as well.

#13360 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

QQ Why didn't anyone post that the Steam Winter Sale started. ;)

#13361 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Is there any chance that it will be cheaper or should I buy now? Will there be a recap day? Does it activate on Origin?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#13362 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

The Winter Sale started?! I'm so unprepared!

#13363 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Is there any chance that it will be cheaper or should I buy now? Will there be a recap day? Does it activate on Origin?

Yes, no, banana, West Virgina, simulated, objection overruled, Popeye the Sailor Maaaaan, the M62 junction 33, left.

Clear? Good.

#13364 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I am reading mixed reviews on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Would you recommend buying the available D&D packs containing the BG games over BGEE (disregarding the cost)?

When you factor in the cost/game ratio and the modding you can do, it seems like a no-brainer (unless you really, really want BG on Steam)

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#13365 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

No coal?????

Edit: Glad I didn't change my avatar!

#13366 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

I am reading mixed reviews on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Would you recommend buying the available D&D packs containing the BG games over BGEE (disregarding the cost)?

At the price BGEE is selling for for desktop users, its a ripoff. The UI has been updated for touch screen users, existing mods added, one small adventure (which by all accounts is pretty naff) accessible from menu,several new charachters. No. Not really. Get the original.

#13367 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

At the price BGEE is selling for for desktop users, its a ripoff. The UI has been updated for touch screen users, existing mods added, one small adventure (which by all accounts is pretty naff) accessible from menu,several new charachters. No. Not really. Get the original.

I'd be all for using the Enhanced Edition, but the UI is pretty darn ugly.

#13368 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Comcast is boss. http://imageshack.us...815/steamhx.png

#13369 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Wow, my download rate is 400 kb/s :lol:

76561198071042127.png     logo.png

#13370 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Is that the norm? or the exception? thats my question.

#13371 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

When I had Comcast the speeds were always fantastic.

It was the reliability of the connection I had issues with.

#13372 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

When I had Comcast I could always max out my bandwidth downloading from Steam.

#13373 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Just bought the D&D Master Collection... I must say the Gamestop client is OK... I like it. Is a bit clunky and "old"... but is ok. It seems to keep your games updated and all the stuff.

#13374 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Just bought the D&D Master Collection... I must say the Gamestop client is OK... I like it. Is a bit clunky and "old"... but is ok. It seems to keep your games updated and all the stuff.

All the stuff, huh?

I'm sold.

(But really I think I might have to buy this.)

#13375 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

If I recall, doing a back-up w/ GameStop PC App is a pain.

I don't know if this has changed recently, though - but for Impulse games, you had to make different archive-file back-ups for EACH OS.
Maybe someone can speak on this on if this has changed?

I had a back-up archive-file of both DOW: Dark Crusade & Divine Divinity that wouldn't install onto this Win 7 PC b/c archived back-ups through their program are actually OS-specific and was archived on Win XP.

EDIT:
Yeah, that's what I thought...
Of course, this post was 2010. Anyone know if this has changed or not?

#13376 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

If I recall, doing a back-up w/ GameStop PC App is a pain.

I don't know if this has changed recently, though - but for Impulse games, you had to make different archive-file back-ups for EACH OS.
Maybe someone can speak on this on if this has changed?

I had a back-up archive-file of both DOW: Dark Crusade & Divine Divinity that wouldn't install onto this Win 7 PC b/c archived back-ups through their program are actually OS-specific and was archived on Win XP.

EDIT:
Yeah, that's what I thought...
Of course, this post was 2010. Anyone know if this has changed or not?

I'll leave downloading and check that...

#13377 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Amen!:applause:

#13378 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

I'll defend Invisible War.

It is a game that was perfectly fine when it was released but had to live in the original's shadow. It does not hold up today, but the vitriol aimed at it is unreasonable.

Can't agree. Saying it was perfectly fine for when it was released at least partially implies it is... let's say... half as good as the original. It isn't. Yes, they had constraints because of the the Xbox platform but at that point the game stops being a Deus Ex game. The levels were absurdly small such that skill specialization was meaningless. Speaking of which... the choice of augs was pretty bland to begin with and although they try to make some form of trade off between black market and federal it isn't particularly interesting. Neither are the side quests which solely exist for giving you money which isn't really scarce. To be salvageable it would need to have some redeeming features to make up for the level design. I can't think of any.

It's just a bad game with poor design. It was then and it is now.

As an aside, if anyone wants to try the game that would have been 'Deus Ex 3' (was going to be multiplayer centric but it got cancelled/reworked under a different name because of the poor reception to IW): http://store.steampo...d.com/app/7010/

#13379 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

And the bandwidth caps.. which will be even worse once they're done with "testing" their new plans.

#13380 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Just noticed xcom officially added some of the second wave options that were cut.

Damage roulette: wider range of weapon dmg
New economy: council offers random funding
Not created equally: randomized rookie stats
Hidden potential: promoted soldier stats increase randomly