Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#13411 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

Very few of the HD collection ports that are all the rage these days tend to look any better than a PC version has been looking for years. The only real reason to buy them are if you only have consoles or the port was legendarily terrible like Devil May Cry 3.

#13412 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Yeah there's no way that the PC versions look worse.. they're far superior. I do know that the PS3 version of Anniversary has better framerate than the 360 version (but both have crappy framerate, PS3's just sucks less). The textures for the PS3 trilogy were updated, so they might look a bit better than they did on 360.. but they aren't better than PC. PS3 trilogy has some advantages over the 360, but none over PC. I don't know why anyone would say they don't support high resolutions.. I run them at 1920x1200.

BTW if you do end up buying them on Steam, turn off Data Execution Protection for the 3 games. It causes some crashes with Legend, not sure about the other 2.

Thanks, I hadn't heard about that causing crashes. I'll likely be getting these on PC then.

#13413 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Actually I tried the DMC3 port again a few weeks ago. 60 FPS solid on my gtx 260. Hardware caught up.:D

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#13414 osso1

osso1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

Looks like The Free Bundle #2 is Up

http://www.thefreebundle.com/

Also you can get Bundle #1 as well

Gotta Love Free Stuff...

#13415 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Ok. Tried the "Archive" option within the Gamestop Client to backup Planescape Torment. It succesfully created a .impulse file.

Then I tried the Restore option in the tools menu. I get a "archive could not be restored" message

It seems to be an OLD issue (https://forums.impul...iven.com/350804)

I created a post in the forums asking about this... but I can tell you... Unless I am doing something wrong, this is my first and LAST purchase from Gamestop. I don't like this

#13416 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

double post

#13417 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

Looks like the Prototype pack from amazon last year was a waste for me. Prototype 1, after having a sudden difficulty spike where I couldn't even injure those creatures in the warehouse last night I restarted on easy, and now it runs around 5fps. I've played the game before on 360 so I know it's not that difficult, but that was just absurd. Throwing me against 5 of those large mutants when the only power I have is claw and the game forced permanent sprint so I couldn't pick up the rocket launchers like it wanted me to is just stupid.

I've also been playing Hotline Miami and am getting frustrated at map 13 where I cleared out two floors of the building and then get pushed outside the elevator, to midair. I can't reset the map and the only solution was to restart from the bottom floor. Grumble.

#13418 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thinking of Buying the Deus Ex collection, but only really interested in Deus Ex:HR, should I Just buy the solo game or are the DLC's worth getting as well?

#13419 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Thinking of Buying the Deus Ex collection, but only really interested in Deus Ex:HR, should I Just buy the solo game or are the DLC's worth getting as well?

IMO, the only DLC that is worth getting is The Missing Link. It's no ME2:LotSB, but still fairly solid at extending your HR experience. The others are just primarily in-game bonuses that you can live without. Even the extra mission in the Explosive Mission Pack is very minor. Though, if you're a fan, there's nothing wrong with getting them all (because that's what I did).

#13420 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Alright so today I was playing CS:GO and for some reason, the game kept on randomly forcing me to look down or up. Is this normal? BTW I'm using a 360 controller if that matters.

#13421 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

@Page 670 I'm sorry for making an assumption but what could you possibly be downloading that you use 100GB everyday?

#13422 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I have no clue on the older DLC's for DE:HR...

...but Deus Ex: Human Revolution (base game) + Missing Link DLC are great stuff. :D

Deus Ex: HR (base game) is absolutely fantastic.
Missing Link DLC is actually one of the better DLC's out there, compared to most DLC's on the market.

#13423 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I picked up the Deus Ex Collection, then traded my PS3 copy of HR to Best Buy for 6 dollas, making my purchase half-off :D

#13424 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Which Sleeping Dogs dlc is actually worth the money?

#13425 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

That`s Funny
I remember two friends buying a new TV sealed in the Box from some shady dude
It did have a new remote control in package taped to the top of Box

Turned out to be a Box of Rocks....

If it`s too Good to be True. Its probably not

I find it difficult to believe that they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in weight distribution between a television and a box of rocks when lifting it.

#13426 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I find it difficult to believe that they wouldn't be able to tell the difference in weight distribution between a television and a box of rocks when lifting it.

These are guys that weren't tipped off when the remote was taped to the side of a sealed box.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#13427 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Apparently, it's still Friday. Thursday seemed like it lasted a really long time as well.
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#13428 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

The Squenix deals started and changeover in the evening.

Looking at when Tomb Raider's prices revert, expect the new sale in just under six hours.

#13429 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Apparently, it's still Friday. Thursday seemed like it lasted a really long time as well.

This Square Enix thing seems to have the daily updating around 4 PM PST (WTF?). I can only assume that 10 AM is way too early to switch daily when you have the sorta hangover those guys do.

...either that or Gabe got sick of the "woe is me, I missed the Friday daily" tweets and decided to confuse everyone.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#13430 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Skyrim is 50% off today.

#13431 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Daily deal is Skyrim, 50% off. Does not include preorders for the Dragonborn DLC coming on the 5th.

#13432 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Common consensus is: "None".

There's some support for the content DLC such as the zombie thingy at North Point, but anything such as outfits etc. seems like a waste. Save your pennies.

#13433 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Daily deal is Skyrim, 50% off. Does not include preorders for the Dragonborn DLC coming on the 5th.

That's kinda boring. Where's the excitement?
Where's the steam key roulette?
No Hunted: The Demon's Forge, no deal.
You know what goes really well with Skyrim? DOOM3 BFG. ;)
I hope they at least send out random cancellations.
In for a 20% off all steam purchases in 2013.

#13434 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

The two story DLCs, and there is a SWAT pack that gives you 20 extra cop missions.

#13435 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well ain't that a kick in the nads? Even the PS3 version is getting 50% off for the first week. Granted PS3 players have had a to wait an eternity for any DLC for Skyrim, but still that's a little sour to not offer some sort of discount for PC.

#13436 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

After beating the game, I came to the conclusion that none of the DLC I purchased was worthwhile. There are costume and car unlocks mostly, but I found that it took away a bit from the experience of being able to purchase my own stuff. Also, I started the game out on level 5 for Triad, Police, and Face XP, so I was already fully upgraded halfway through the game.

Nightmare in North Point sucked...not worth wasting money and 90 minutes for. I didn't buy Zodiac Tournament (have no plans to either).

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#13437 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Putting the quote after the main comment makes your post read like a Jeopardy! question.

#13438 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Putting the quote after the main comment makes your post read like a Jeopardy! question.

I've always thought that myself. It always gets a laugh out of me.

#13439 Argive

Argive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Man, have updates for a weekend sale been so far behind as this Square thing is? Good thing that I'm pretty sure there's nothing in Square's catalogue I want, haha.
Posted Image

#13440 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

After beating the game, I came to the conclusion that none of the DLC I purchased was worthwhile. There are costume and car unlocks mostly, but I found that it took away a bit from the experience of being able to purchase my own stuff. Also, I started the game out on level 5 for Triad, Police, and Face XP, so I was already fully upgraded halfway through the game.

Nightmare in North Point sucked...not worth wasting money and 90 minutes for. I didn't buy Zodiac Tournament (have no plans to either).

Yep, those are my exact thoughts as well. Cash is pretty much useless if you have the DLC. There's a way to remove the unlock/XP boost DLC by deleting a few files in the game directory, which would've made it so you don't start out at level 5.

Nightmare in North Point wasn't fun at all, I just wanted it to end.