Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14071 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I can't wait for Brutal Legend to hit Steam! I've never played it before but have really wanted to try it. Double Fine is awesome for doing this, although I'm not sure how well it will sell at this point.

WHOA. I wasn't expecting that news - I'm quite excited at the prospect of having Brutal Legend in my Steam Library. I missed out on the game because I didn't have a current-gen console. This announcement remedies that issue.

What does that leave, Tim Schafer fans, Grim Fandango?

There was an ugly trophy bug,sound issues, and save game corruption glitches for the PSN version, Double fine made a patch to fix it, but Sony (and some claim EA) refused to release it unless it was purchasable DLC (just like they did with FrozenByte and their Trine patch they had to charge $1 for). Hope to see the game proper on PC. I've passed on this game 3 times at a $5 price point because it sounded like more frustration then it was worth.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#14072 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

I had fun with Brutal Legend but I wish it didn't have that silly strategy component. I like to think it would have been one of my favorite games of all time if it was just a straight up metal themed, open-world, third person hack 'n slash game.

#14073 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Brutal Legend was Airmech or Herzog Zwei. The campaign was largely a long tutorial/practice mode for the vs. AI or the online MP, and the online was full of silly exploits and tricks that rendered it not particularly fun or balanced.

Any mention of Herzog Zwei deserves some extra attention.

Posted Image

All right, back to the Steam-specific stuff.

#14074 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Any mention of Herzog Zwei deserves some extra attention.

Posted Image

All right, back to the Steam-specific stuff.

Come on Sega Genesis and MegaDrive classics pack 6!!!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14075 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Brutal Legend was Airmech or Herzog Zwei. The campaign was largely a long tutorial/practice mode for the vs. AI or the online MP, and the online was full of silly exploits and tricks that rendered it not particularly fun or balanced.

That said, the Schafer dialogue is there, and Jack Black, Tim Curry, and Jennifer Hale all turn in great performances alongside actual metal icons.

But as a hack and slash, it's terrible. As a competitive multiplayer game, it's terrible. As a geeky love letter to metal, it's absolutely amazing. As a fun ride with friends who don't know or don't use the infinites or the exploits, it's quite nice. If it actually DOES hit PC with a couple of tweaks here and there (Maybe a better save system. No preorder crap or DLC crap locked away.) I'll be in line for it

Pretty much this in a nutshell.

#14076 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

I had fun with Brutal Legend but I wish it didn't have that silly strategy component. I like to think it would have been one of my favorite games of all time if it was just a straight up metal themed, open-world, third person hack 'n slash game.

That would have been awesome! The strategy thing was a let down to me also when that was revealed.

Or, imagine if it had Zelda elements as well. :drool:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14077 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I played the demo on the 360 around the time came out. It ended too fast.

Like has been said, the gameplay isn't great. It's totally functional from what I played and still fun though, and you're not really playing the game for its technical prowess.

I'd grab it for $5.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14078 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

I've stared at this game in so many discount bins wanting it, finally I can play it on the PC where it belongs.
Posted Image

#14079 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Time for a little spring cleaning.

*points to sig*

#14080 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

War of the roses is going free to play... http://www.gamesta.c...ndle-additions/

#14081 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

El oh el.

#14082 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

War of the roses is going free to play... http://www.gamesta.c...ndle-additions/

Been wanting to try this so its good news. Heard pretty mixed opinions and it seems like most people agree that Chivalry is a better Medieval combat game, but I wasnt too crazy about it when I played during the free weekend. Looking forward to trying this on the 6th

#14083 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

I guess that's what I get for buying the last paradox 2012 bundle mainly for this game. :roll:
Posted Image

#14084 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

I guess that's what I get for buying the last paradox 2012 bundle mainly for this game. :roll:

I know right! I wasnt able to get the Paradox bundle but was working on a trade with someone for when their keys arrived. Guess thats not necessary anymore

#14085 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I'm assuming this will pretty much destroy any hopes of me being able to sell the War of the Roses keys from that Paradox pack. Should have tried to sell them right away instead of waiting for the initial wave of keys to clear out.

#14086 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Nice to know that I can soon play War of the Roses without supporting people who have wholly ripped-off Mount & Blade.
sudo mklove

#14087 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Did any of you read the article? The free to play version is seriously gimped. No unlocks, only default loadouts, and xp/gold at half the normal rate.

I haven't tried the game yet but that really sounds more like an extended demo than anything.

#14088 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Did any of you read the article? The free to play version is seriously gimped. No unlocks, only default loadouts, and xp/gold at half the normal rate.

I haven't tried the game yet but that really sounds more like an extended demo than anything.

I was thinking the same thing.. I doubt they'd call it a "trial" version without some major restrictions.

#14089 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Looks like Cryostasis & UFO: Afterlight have been removed from the store. Speculation over on SPUF is that 1C has lost the rights to distribute these games. I'm glad that I already own both because of bundles. But now I'm starting to question my recent policy of avoiding bundles with a lot of games from 1C because of the promised 1C bundle from Amazon. By the time Amazon actually gets that bundle up & running, 1C will have lost the rights to half their game library.

#14090 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Oh wow, nice.

#14091 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, I did read the article, but chances are I wouldnt have played the game long enough to unlock that stuff anyway, and I would have paid for it to boot. At least now I can play for free and see if its something that will really grab my attention, and if so then I can pony up the dough for the full experience

#14092 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Looks like Cryostasis & UFO: Afterlight have been removed from the store. Speculation over on SPUF is that 1C has lost the rights to distribute these games. I'm glad that I already own both because of bundles. But now I'm starting to question my recent policy of avoiding bundles with a lot of games from 1C because of the promised 1C bundle from Amazon. By the time Amazon actually gets that bundle up & running, 1C will have lost the rights to half their game library.

I'm pretty sure I saw UFO Afterlight in Walmart the other dsy for $40. I had to laugh about that.

Also, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition is $9.89 thru Gamestop right now, activates on Steam.

#14093 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'm assuming this will pretty much destroy any hopes of me being able to sell the War of the Roses keys from that Paradox pack. Should have tried to sell them right away instead of waiting for the initial wave of keys to clear out.

On the plus side, this is my chance to trade Cryostasis for skyram!

#14094 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Yeah, I did read the article, but chances are I wouldnt have played the game long enough to unlock that stuff anyway, and I would have paid for it to boot. At least now I can play for free and see if its something that will really grab my attention, and if so then I can pony up the dough for the full experience

Right, and I was pointing it out to the others who saw it as a bad thing. Sounds right up your alley, but the rest of the responses weren't so optimistic. But I guess if the game is as bad as many people seem to be saying, it hardly matters one way or the other does it.

#14095 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Right, and I was pointing it out to the others who saw it as a bad thing. Sounds right up your alley, but the rest of the responses weren't so optimistic. But I guess if the game is as bad as many people seem to be saying, it hardly matters one way or the other does it.

I don't care how bad it is, but if people dont choose to play as Yorkshire/the white rose/House of York then I'll start de-friending!

Bloody Lancastrians.

#14096 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

This only serves to remind me of what a disgustingly large number of games I have. I had to check in a panic I had Cryostasis because I couldn't remember if I'd gotten it or not. And then found out I also owned UFO: Afterlight, which I didn't even realize was a thing that existed.

This makes me think I (and perhaps this thread) needs to participate in "Four in February." You pick 4 games, either started or not, and create an unbreakable vow to the ancient gods promise to finish them before March.

#14097 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

This only serves to remind me of what a disgustingly large number of games I have. I had to check in a panic I had Cryostasis because I couldn't remember if I'd gotten it or not. And then found out I also owned UFO: Afterlight, which I didn't even realize was a thing that existed.

This makes me think I (and perhaps this thread) needs to participate in "Four in February." You pick 4 games, either started or not, and create an unbreakable vow to the ancient gods promise to finish them before March.

I'm down for a "four in February" type thing. If you need someone to pick your games and get this started I gladly will. I could also send you a list of my backlog so we can get this goin.

#14098 aShufflinZombie

aShufflinZombie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I would participate!

#14099 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hey man, not trying to bite on your idea but I created a 4 for February thread so that people could pair up and get this started

#14100 Seraphym

Seraphym

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

BL2 Shift key for 5 Golden keys. It's limited in number of redemptions!
53WTB-S9XKW-SWFT3-TJBJB-FWWZW