Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14311 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

You have been dropped from 1 group
Remove notice
Posted Image

Brawny Gents and Coconut Queens
Kicked at Feb 2 @ 7:39 PM

lol
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#14312 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

There was a change to the rules and everyone needed to comment to indicate agreement or be removed. I nearly missed it myself. Technically, I DID miss it myself as I commented after the posted deadline. There was never an announcement that went out or an effort made to tell people about it outside of visiting the group, so far as I saw.

I'm guessing you should just have to message Spoony and agree to the new condition in order to be reinstated.

I think there was an announcement that came up in my client about it whenever it happened. I also remember seeing it in this thread, but it moves so fast with our semi-off topic conversations that it would've been hard to miss. Regardless, I'm certain the news was made public by Spoony because most of us signed and remain in the group.

And personally, I'm happy that Spoony treats the group more professionally than the public CAG group was. I never liked the idea that people who aren't active CAGs (or even members) could win our games on Steamgifts.

#14313 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

If you were dropped from the group, it's not a lifetime ban or anything. I just had to see who was paying attention and actually wanted to be in the group. I intentionally did not post anything about it on here because I wanted to see who was actually using it.

Here's the deal: there was a lot of BS going on. We sorted it out and decided to implement a civility rule. We also decided to make a push to have the group actually be worth something more than a place to get free keys. To that end, we are running more discussions and events from the group page. We want people in the group who are going to participate in it. If you want to be a part of the group (again) then PM me. But only do so if you actually plan on being a part of a community there. We want to see people talking and playing games with each other.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#14314 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

People use Origin aside from getting free games? Whoa...

And wait a minute, I only have 33 free games. Did I miss out on a bunch? I demand a 20% compensation for this!

Sadly yes. When EA forces you to use it for things like the new Sim City game. So someone didn't memo me that Amazon was doing $20 credit on the boxed copy of Sim City. That made my night, after this whole Fire Emblem fiasco and trying to find a copy :lol:.

Great price on Rayman Origins, love that game. Although I own the PS3 version so no point in rebuying it, actually wait, I own all the midweek and the daily. Can't say on Alan Wake, but Witcher is awesome.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#14315 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

We want to see people talking and playing games with each other.

Which, honestly, over the last month has been going fantastically. We've been getting several game nights together every week. We have people making co-op parties for games like Borderlands, and there about a dozen of us that are pretty dedicated to busting our backlogs and discussing the results.

It really has become a very cool group.

#14316 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Has anyone tried this? Worth $1? And is there any history of them giving out the Steam keys when (if) it's greenlit?

Apparently the answer is yes: https://indiegamesta...f=2&t=480#p1923

#14317 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

Which, honestly, over the last month has been going fantastically. We've been getting several game nights together every week. We have people making co-op parties for games like Borderlands, and there about a dozen of us that are pretty dedicated to busting our backlogs and discussing the results.

It really has become a very cool group.

Yeah, the group has become more and more active. It's great and that's what we want. Anyone is welcome back, but the announcement went up like three weeks ago, the page had a discussion, and Spoony made follow up announcements leading up to it. So it wasn't out of the blue, I assume most people kicked hadn't even bothered to look at the group page in months.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#14318 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Soooo... before asking to be part of BGCQ should I fulfill any prerequisites? Like owning a copy of the titular "award-winning and critically acclaimed game that ended on a cliff-hanger with lots of unanswered questions"? :bouncy:

I'd like to enter the community, even though I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer due to time constraints, but I'm willing to contribute to discussions with my inappropriate, ill-formed and often way off topic assertions :)

Plus, I think it would be cool if we group together other, more "asynchronous" initiatives, like the one launched by MrshllJcb on PC General Discussions here: even though it's not completely Steam-related, it could boost group activity and drive more people to contribute :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#14319 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

It's not a horrible service, I don't mind it. I would never buy a non EA game off it though. I am not going to limit my gaming just because of one service unless it's that god awful. Luckily I haven't come across that yet.

That's kind of why this whole Valve cracking down on Origin deals thing shocks me. Besides the fact that aside from glitches and coupon abuse their deals usually suck, I honestly don't see them as a competition for anything outside of EA games. Somehow I don't think most of Steam's money is based off of EA games. More and more of them lately aren't even getting added to Steam in the first place.

I feel like we're pretty much moving to a situation where people are going to have to get EA games from Origin and (mostly) everything else from Steam. That's fine but Origin has a long way to go to be serious competition as a general use client store for non-EA games. Maybe Valve sees them as a threat in that area but I don't. I can't think of a single non-EA game I would want to get there even if the prices were good, which they aren't.

mdUFwSE.png

#14320 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Have to wonder if behind the scenes EA tried to pull something or trashtalk Steam or some other ridiculous thing that has caused this rivalry.

fs_overall.png

#14321 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Sounds like Origin is making Valve nervous.....kinda sad honestly

I can't see how. As others have pointed out, Origin deals are few and far between (and generally terrible). I think this has more to do with the Valve-EA feud over Steam not carrying any EA games that don't have all of the DLC available for purchase on Steam (like ME 3). And that's all about EA wanting to force you to buy your DLCs from them.

When you've got a competitor that makes up outright lies and goes out of their way to try to destroy you, yeah, I'd ban them from everything I could as well.

I'm still not sure what this means.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#14322 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

I dunno, but somehow I'm no longer a member of BGCQ's... :-( I coulda sworn I just saw some messages for it.. but when I look today, poof!

#14323 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Have to wonder if behind the scenes EA tried to pull something or trashtalk Steam or some other ridiculous thing that has caused this rivalry.

All it took was one incompetent support chat session after Gabe's credit card was accidentally charged twice for Mass Effect 3 and all bets were off.

#14324 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I dunno, but somehow I'm no longer a member of BGCQ's... :-( I coulda sworn I just saw some messages for it.. but when I look today, poof!

Same. I haven't really been very active on steam/CAG lately due to certain developments in my life (yay employment!!) so I'm bummed I missed whatever warnings there apparently were. At the same time, I can't say I was a really good contributor to the group, because I had been so inactive in general anyway.

#14325 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

You needed to /sign some thread or something stupid. I read the announcement after I got kicked since that's viewable, but I probably wouldn't have signed whatever discussion thread it was referring to. The idea of needing to sign something like that is stupid in my opinion. Not a big deal either way as I haven't participated in anything really. At least not enough for me to warrant wanting to get back in.

As for the pop-up stuff, what you're seeing is calendar scheduled stuff that was scheduled before you were booted.

#14326 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Apparently I'm a bad participant because I work and have a life. Bummer. Oh well. WWMD (what would Motoki do?)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one though. Having some other regulars find themselves booted... I lose BGCQ and the CAG group in the same week. I'm.... well... oh well. Moving on.

#14327 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

There really isn't a need to get all uppity over getting kicked. If you visit this thread enough, you're probably already Steam friends with a lot of CAGs and can easily organize gaming sessions of your own. The only thing you'll miss out on are the giveaways, but then again you shouldn't be entering those if you weren't active or haven't contributed.

#14328 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm calling it now... By 2015, all Activision games will require codplay..... Or dutyware

#14329 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

What is your folks opinion on Alan Wake. Seems like a pretty decent price. Question is...is it a decent game?

#14330 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'm calling it now... By 2015, all Activision games will require codplay..... Or dutyware

hopefully by 2015 the world has moved on from COD

#14331 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Might have been mentioned but the current Indie Game Stand game, McDroid, is also on Greenlight: http://steamcommunit...rchtext=mcdroid

I saw that game on IGS and said I'll buy it... Then I forgot about it. Thanks for the remainder!

#14332 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

hopefully by 2015 the world has moved on from COD

lol... wishful thinking. I think COD is like the Madden of military shooters. We'll just get a different iteration. Maybe an entire version based on the zombie apocalypse by 2015.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#14333 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

What is your folks opinion on Alan Wake. Seems like a pretty decent price. Question is...is it a decent game?

It's one of my favorite games of the last few years. It's more about story and atmosphere than gameplay. The story isn't amazing or anything, but I love the world that they create. I really like the way it plays, but fully admit it's pretty repetitive, so people who don't like the combat generally really dislike it for that. I think it's definitely worth playing.

#14334 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

It's one of my favorite games of the last few years. It's more about story and atmosphere than gameplay. The story isn't amazing or anything, but I love the world that they create. I really like the way it plays, but fully admit it's pretty repetitive, so people who don't like the combat generally really dislike it for that. I think it's definitely worth playing.

Yea, I was one of those who couldn't get into it due to the clunky combat. I was looking forward to this game for quite some time too...

#14335 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Bought it forever ago, then finally started it and couldn't stop. If you have any warm fuzzies when you hear the words twilight Zone or twin Peaks, then it's a no Brainer.

#14336 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I personally really liked the game. I played it for XBOX when it first came out and thought it was very well done. I didnt play any of the DLC's, but I have heard that they are both very good and are included with the PC version. I actually re bought the game a little while ago and will play it again when my backlog is smaller.

#14337 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I saw that game on IGS and said I'll buy it... Then I forgot about it. Thanks for the remainder!

33 / 2

You're welcome!

#14338 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Today's deal is Street Fighter X Tekken at 66% off

$16.99 for base game
$23.80 for complete pack
$4.42 for each of the costume packs
$13.60 for the full DLC pack

The additional 12 characters pack is 75% off ($5)

#14339 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Happy that Sniper Elite is doing good money in piecemeal mission DLC. Have not been disappointed in any of those purchases on sale

Crapcom's recent willingness to go sub $20 on Steam sales is great. It portends good deals on DmC and the upcoming RE:R. (And the execrable RE6 as well unfortunately.)

Loved it. Fun story. Beautiful. Combat is unique enough to be very satisfying. Only downside is that the finale is hideously unsatisfying.

#14340 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Apparently I'm a bad participant because I work and have a life. Bummer. Oh well. WWMD (what would Motoki do?)

Well I was stepping over this subject but since you asked, I would leave (again) because people were dragging CAG dirty laundry over there and there was no one who was stepping in to say 'Hey, let's not get into fights with each other here okay? Take it elsewhere'.

I'm glad that people are (supposedly since I'm not there anymore) using it to actually play games and do positive things. For a while there it was turning into a place to bitch about CAG and why CAG sucks and who sucks on CAG and who was flipping games for too much money and ripping people off, or is a terrible person because they got into an argument with someone a long ass time ago and are trying to let it go and get the hell over it but people just won't let it die etc.

Anyway, if they're all Care Bears now since I left and a certain other person went all Norma Desmond ready for her closeup and made a grand exit,
Posted Image
then I'm happy for them.

No seriously, I am. It was a real negative place for a while and it's good that they were able to get past that.

For those who got booted, eh, it's up to you if you want to reapply or just find people to game with elsewhere. It's not like there's any shortage of people to play games with if you really want to look for that.

mdUFwSE.png