Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#14641 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think Motoki was able to get it gifted to him at the discount price from another CAG so it is possible, might want to PM him to see who got him the hook up.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#14642 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Titan Quest was a great game, ruined by an awful loot generator. You'll barely ever get anything good. Shame, really. I piled way too many hours into that game with hardly any reward.
www.bighugenerd.com

#14643 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Titan Quest was a great game, ruined by an awful loot generator. You'll barely ever get anything good. Shame, really. I piled way too many hours into that game with hardly any reward.

It may just be luck, but I'm having a bit of the opposite experience. I've put about 10 hours into the game so far, and I've always found really solid loot (though, sometimes, a few levels above what my character can equip so I have to save it)

That was my primary gripe with Diablo 3. Since they introduced the RMAH, it seemed like Blizzard would rather you PAY for the good items instead of them being dropped. I went through the first 3 areas feeling underpowered and that I never found any "good" equipment. Finally, I just gave up.

In Titan Quest, I'm finding all kinds of cool "unique" loot, and I really like their item modifiers which are making my normal stuff pretty awesome too.

#14644 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

I think Motoki was able to get it gifted to him at the discount price from another CAG so it is possible, might want to PM him to see who got him the hook up.

It's possible. I bought it from someone here who was able to gift it to me at the discounted price. Not sure if I should mention who since that person might get a ton of PMs about it.

Note that owners of the Platinum version do not get the discount if they buy more gift copies. It's only for owners of the 2011 and 2012 versions.

You can always go the Cities XL 2011 page and see if it shows any of your Steam friends as owning it.

The Cities XL 2012 page is gone, with the Platinum replacing it so I don't know if there's an easy way to see who owns that game anymore.

You can apparently go to http://steamcommunit...thatplay/201760 and it should show you who you are friends with who own the 2012 version. You can't get there through the store page because they yanked it since the Platinum version more or less replaces 2012, but the community page is still up http://steamcommunity.com/app/201760.

mdUFwSE.png

#14645 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

IIRC it was drabelincoln.

EDIT: Motoki'd

#14646 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

It's possible. I bought it from someone here who was able to gift it to me at the discounted price. Not sure if I should mention who since that person might get a ton of PMs about it.

Note that owners of the Platinum version do not get the discount if they buy more gift copies. It's only for owners of the 2011 and 2012 versions.

You can always go the Cities XL 2011 page and see if it shows any of your Steam friends as owning it.

The Cities XL 2012 page is gone, with the Platinum replacing it so I don't know if there's an easy way to see who owns that game anymore.

You can apparently go to http://steamcommunit...thatplay/201760 and it should show you who you are friends with who own the 2012 version. You can't get there through the store page because they yanked it since the Platinum version more or less replaces 2012, but the community page is still up http://steamcommunity.com/app/201760.

Alright, thanks Motoki. I've got three people on my friends list who I've done business with before who own Cities XL 2011. I might try hitting one of them up for an assist later on.

#14647 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

http://store.steampo....com/news/9919/
I think we will have regular Week Long Deals every week in addition to Daily, Midweek, Weekend deals.
Steam is getting bigger and bigger and it's reasonable way to provide extra slot for a Magicka discount without occupying other, which can be used to provide great Hydrophobia or Alan Wake sales.

#14648 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

The MP for Flat Out is a complete mess if anyone was interested in that. Single player mode plays fine though.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#14649 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't know. The quest say Level 13, trivial but I am level 19 and all the enemies are 18-20. There hasn't been a single one below 17. I was thinking maybe the area always has that level enemies, but even the quest-specific enemies have been 17 or 18. Just seems odd to me.

There are some areas that scale depending on your main story progress, that might be the issue. Most of the time they don't though.

This is probably the issue. Remember, some map areas contain multiple quests in them too, so it's possible you already caused a level increase in enemies either by your place in the story or triggering another quest in a common map. For the most part though, enemies don't change a whole in level on your first playthrough.

76561197971332172.png

#14650 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

The MP for Flat Out is a complete mess if anyone was interested in that. Single player mode plays fine though.

Yep. Even though it has a network play feature built right into it, you can't actually play online unless you download some third party program.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#14651 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yep. Even though it has a network play feature built right into it, you can't actually play online unless you download some third party program.

At least it supports LAN, so you can use tunngle. I'm used to doing that for a few games, such as: Magicka, LOTR War in the North, Dungeon Siege 1, etc. due to connection issues or the online MP being dead.

Lara Croft Guardian of Light doesn't support LAN, so I can no longer connect to any online MP games, where I could a year ago. Somehow, they broke the multiplayer in it for a lot of people.

#14652 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for mentioning this, otherwise I wouldn't have looked. Yeah, this is a cool feature. Tells which games you played the most and what your rarest achievement is and everything. And yeah...I earned 1,791 achievements, which is like 5 a day. /foreveralone.jpg

Where do you see this? Was it in an email? I get the weekly summary emails, but I haven't gotten a yearly summary if that's the case.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#14653 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

At least it supports LAN, so you can use tunngle. I'm used to doing that for a few games, such as: Magicka, LOTR War in the North, Dungeon Siege 1, etc. due to connection issues or the online MP being dead.

Lara Croft Guardian of Light doesn't support LAN, so I can no longer connect to any online MP games, where I could a year ago. Somehow, they broke the multiplayer in it for a lot of people.

Well, we're not all computer rocketbird scientist like you!

Where do you see this? Was it in an email? I get the weekly summary emails, but I haven't gotten a yearly summary if that's the case.

I got an email about it, but there should be a link to it somewhere on your raptr page.

#14654 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Out of Flatout, Flatout 2 and Flatout Ultimate Carnage, which are the best? Best, second best and third best.

Also, is Karateka any good? Has 60/100 on Metacritic. So I don't think I wil buy it.

#14655 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Out of Flatout, Flatout 2 and Flatout Ultimate Carnage, which are the best? Best, second best and third best.

Also, is Karateka any good? Has 60/100 on Metacritic. So I don't think I wil buy it.

Edit: Damn, double post.

#14656 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Try the demo for Karateka. It's too simple for its own good. There's a certain joy to it but not enough to keep me interested.

That's not to say that it's easy but it isn't engaging especially since the challenging part only comes at the very end.

#14657 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Flatout 1 is good, but a bit dated. Flatout 2 is awesome, but totally superfluous since Flatout: Ultimate Carnage is basically Flatout 2: Complete Edition. And I wouldn't wish Flatout 3 on my enemies. So if I were you, I would only get Flatout: Ultimate Carnage and maybe Flatout 1.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#14658 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yep, it should be on your Raptr page like Fox said. If it's not there, just use http://raptr.com/Lig...on/summary/2012 and replace my Raptr name in the link (LightRebellion) with yours. Can also do that if you don't feel like logging in.
Spoiler

Also, anyone can Raptr add me if they'd like.

Edited by Blade, 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#14659 Dudeson

Dudeson

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Flatout 1 is good, but a bit dated. Flatout 2 is awesome, but totally superfluous since Flatout: Ultimate Carnage is basically Flatout 2: Complete Edition. And I wouldn't wish Flatout 3 on my enemies. So if I were you, I would only get Flatout: Ultimate Carnage and maybe Flatout 1.

Thanks! Then Im picking up Flatout: Ultimate Carnage and maybe Flatout 1. :)

#14660 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yep, it should be on your Raptr page like Fox said. If it's not there, just use http://raptr.com/Lig...on/summary/2012 and replace my Raptr name in the link (LightRebellion) with yours. Can also do that if you don't feel like logging in.

Spoiler

Also, anyone can Raptr add me if they'd like.

Ah, cool, thanks for the link. Turns out I played 95 games for 713 hours and earned a total of 775 achievements. The thing that sucks about Raptr and I know it's not their doing, but it doesn't keep track of playtime on PS3. It does keep track of the achievements so that's accurate, but I do play quite a bit of PS3 so I'd estimate my total playtime to be more like 1,200-1,500 with all the Call of Duty I play on PS3.

Also, added you on there Blade. My name, as you'd guess it, is Tsel so if anyone else wants to add me, feel free.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#14661 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

http://www.kickstart...longest-journey

Dreamfall Kickstarter coming to a close and I know some people showed interest. Needs a pretty big push to get the funding.

#14662 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

http://www.kickstart...longest-journey

Dreamfall Kickstarter coming to a close and I know some people showed interest. Needs a pretty big push to get the funding.

26 days left. I think they'll make it. Maybe you looked at the wrong date?

#14663 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

The Kickstarter still has 26 days to go; hardly what I call "coming to a close". It will exceed its goal by that time.

#14664 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Ha, someone posted it on my fb and put like 8 days or something! Maybe tried to play mind games with it or got the date wrong.

#14665 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

I couldn't really find a rhyme, reason or cohesive theme for this week long sale, but hey a sale is a sale. Be nice if they featured it on the front page somewhere though.

I did see the Longest Journey 3 Kickstarted the other day. Actually it just started. Kind of sucky that Funcom is too busy with F2P MMOs to fund the next chapter in one of the most loved and critically acclaimed Adventure games ever. The Longest Journey is pretty much a piece of video game history. The Secret World is okay for what it is but I kind of don't think people will be talking about it 10 and 20 years from now.

Then again Ultima Online is still up so who knows? :-P

Anyway, while I want another Longest Journey game, my inner CAG is telling me to wait for a Greenlight bundle, which is almost a must if you want to get into Steam these days though they probably have a big enough name to get in without it, or a post release indie bundle that most adventure games these days seem to get into sooner or later.

mdUFwSE.png

#14666 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Is Mortal Kombat on sale? First thing I thought of when reading the thread title...

#14667 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Actually the championships call for different kinds of vehicles. In the case of the B-class, you can only use "off-roaders" like the ones Asheskitty mentioned above.

I figured that, but I certainly hope there are some real offroad vehicles, as opposed to Touaregs and soccer mom SUVs...

My SO and I are also playing through Titan Quest. I never caught it when it came out, but I'm surprised at how well it holds up. I'd like to go on record as saying that it is better than recent entries into the genre. I think it's better than Diablo 3 by a mile, and even better than Torchlight 2.

Amen. Titan Quest Gold is incredible. Be sure to get the unofficial patch that comes with the dye packs as well.

Basically agreed, but Flatout 2 is quite a bit cheaper than UC, and it has a much larger catalog of mods and more modding support than UC.

I did see the Longest Journey 3 Kickstarted the other day. Actually it just started. Kind of sucky that Funcom is too busy with F2P MMOs to fund the next chapter in one of the most loved and critically acclaimed Adventure games ever. The Longest Journey is pretty much a piece of video game history. The Secret World is okay for what it is but I kind of don't think people will be talking about it 10 and 20 years from now.

B2P!

Obvious personal feelings aside, TSW is one of the most original, detailed, fleshed out online RPGs to come out in ages. If you'd play it more, instead of just kicking around in the first area for a few hours with the most annoying beginner weapons to use in the game (pistols), you might figure that out. :roll:

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#14668 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

Rig N Roll Steam Keys Only .99 Cents:

http://store.indiega...oad-bundle.html

Also, TSW is the best MMO I've ever played, but mostly because it plays more like a single player RPG than a mindless task mmo.

#14669 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I doubt that Funcom doesn't want to fund it as much as they want to fund it and then suggest they put in some of the same shit that bogged Dreamfall down like terrible combat and stealth sections.

#14670 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Rig N Roll Steam Keys Only .99 Cents:

http://store.indiega...oad-bundle.html

Also, TSW is the best MMO I've ever played, but mostly because it plays more like a single player RPG than a mindless task mmo.

That's a good point. Whereas an MMO like SWTOR (or even Maple Story's constant group areas) forces you to party up (or hideously over-level) to beat certain missions, you can fully solo everything in TSW... with careful skillset design and strategy.

That said, it's still great for group play, and dungeons are set up as group areas and are not necessary whatsoever if you don't want to do them.

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png