Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#16531 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Okay how's this for beer talk, I like to buy beer in Oregon where I don't have to pay sales tax and then drink it while playing EA And Activision games and complaining about how money grubbing they are.

Weird, I didn't think you could buy BEER anymore, I thought Miller stopped producing it.

Posted Image

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#16532 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

Okay how's this for beer talk, I like to buy beer in Oregon where I don't have to pay sales tax and then drink it while playing EA And Activision games and complaining about how money grubbing they are.

Get the hell out of here right now. :lol:

Also, apparently there's another free GOTM for IGN Prime subscribers, AI War: Fleet Command. Received my email about it at 8:14PM today.

Here's the page: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/ai-war

#16533 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Sooooooooooooooooo steam deals...
Posted Image

#16534 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Sooooooooooooooooo steam deals...

Well the free AI War sorta, kinda is one. You just can't work the Prime system like you used to be able to.

steam_sig.png

#16535 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Has anyone played Proteus? I still have no idea what's going on but I have to admit that I kind of dig it. It's pretty serene and produces a nice calming effect on me. Of course I did just eat dinner at this brewpub.
Spoiler
You don't even miss the gun and map. It seems destined for a bundle, but definitely an interesting experience when that happens and all of you pick it up.

I can't tell which parts of this post are on topic and which are off.

#16536 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Is AI War anything like the AC series?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#16537 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

You don't even miss the gun and map.

If it's all the same to you, I'll hold off until the GOTY edition with the gun and the map.

Spoiler

#16538 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

If it's all the same to you, I'll hold off until the GOTY edition with the gun and the map.

Spoiler

I was lying anyway. This game could really use a gun and a map. Of course circle strafing is pretty difficult, but a VATS like system could do wonders.

#16539 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Well the free AI War sorta, kinda is one. You just can't work the Prime system like you used to be able to.

Only free for members ;)
Posted Image

#16540 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Only free for members ;)

Amazon Prime? Where?

Amazon.com user reviews of SimCity are hilarious.
Got burned once with D3. Not doing that again.

#16541 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Amazon Prime? Where?

Due to the "you can't work the prime system like you used to" comment, I'd assume that they're talking about IGN prime.

#16542 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

http://www.amazon.co..._myd_asin_block

4 Pack is only $14.99 on Amazon right now. Very likely a price mistake since one copy is supposed to cost that much.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#16543 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

With EA's track record on competitive multiplayer servers, this is a relevant concern.

www.ea.com/1/service-updates

#16544 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

http://www.amazon.co..._myd_asin_block

4 Pack is only $14.99 on Amazon right now. Very likely a price mistake since one copy is supposed to cost that much.

Thanks for the heads up. This game got totally panned on Rock Paper Shotgun, but I still couldn't resist for some reason.

76561198026637637.png

#16545 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Age of Empires II HD re-release is coming next month on April 9th and will be Steam exclusive. It's being done by Hidden Path (Defense Grid and Counter-Strike: GO) and includes the content from the expansion as well as online play. There will be a 10% discount for pre-purchases on Steam, but it doesn't appear to be in the store yet.

With Microsoft's recent touch based hardware releases it honestly surprises me that this is Steam exclusive for now and not also on their store.

via GameSpot

q_MEFt7KrxQ

#16546 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, I recall some 20% Gamefly coupon a few days ago, be warned GameFly coupons are almost always single-use. GFDMAR20 I'm not sure when it ends.

Nvidia announces Physx and Apex support for Playstation 4

For those of you who don't know, the PS4 runs a customized AMD APU (APU=CPU+GPU in a single die/package). I guess it's more important for Nvidia to get PhysX into next gen consoles than it is to maintain it as an edge for their GPUs. (Imo, don't take this to read that retail AMD GPUs will have official PhysX support).

Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

#16547 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I kind of want the HD'ized AOE II but I can't see paying $20 $18 for a 14 year old game that I used to own but lost the damned disc.

I guess I will wait for a Tony deal or maybe so how low they go on the summer sale.

steam_sig.png

#16548 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I don't think I ever played AOE II. I remember liking the original AOE, though I didn't get too far in (too busy commit to playing deeper games at the time).

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16549 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

I kind of want the HD'ized AOE II but I can't see paying $20 $18 for a 14 year old game that I used to own but lost the damned disc.

I guess I will wait for a Tony deal or maybe so how low they go on the summer sale.

I must have missed the part of this discussion where it was $18. Really? I still have my old Age of Kings and Myths fancy box I paid $50 several years ago (the only thing I didn't already have was the Titans expansion for AoM, but I was atoning for my earlier acquisition of um, skull-and-crossbones versions of the AoeII games).

EDIT: Oh, I found it. The store listing is here: http://store.steampo...nr=1_4_4__106_1

For those of you who don't know, the PS4 runs a customized AMD APU (APU=CPU+GPU in a single die/package). I guess it's more important for Nvidia to get PhysX into next gen consoles than it is to maintain it as an edge for their GPUs. (Imo, don't take this to read that retail AMD GPUs will have official PhysX support).

Wait, the PS4 is going to feature Apu? Thank you, come again!

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#16550 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Age of Empires II HD re-release is coming next month on April 9th and will be Steam exclusive. It's being done by Hidden Path (Defense Grid and Counter-Strike: GO) and includes the content from the expansion as well as online play. There will be a 10% discount for pre-purchases on Steam, but it doesn't appear to be in the store yet.

With Microsoft's recent touch based hardware releases it honestly surprises me that this is Steam exclusive for now and not also on their store.

via GameSpot

Now I wish they have a HD version of this as well.

Posted Image

#16551 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

And Steam's Daily Deal Disappointment is Braid for $2.50.

Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#16552 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

How is the PC Port of Max Payne 3. Lets forget about the 35 GB Install, how is it port wise besides that.

$13.50 is tempting.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#16553 Rirse

Rirse

The Death of Grammar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Really shitty weekend deal this time. Max Payne 3 was good, but already got it from Amazon. And I hate Soccer Manager to the very core of existence, so that wastes a weekend slot.

#16554 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Now I wish they have a HD version of this as well.

Posted Image

I would love an excuse to replay that game.

#16555 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

By his very existence, Football Manager is the worst part of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#16556 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Yep, I'll be waiting for that sweet sweet 75% sale on this and BG II:EE (probably Winter 2013 sale).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#16557 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I must have missed the part of this discussion where it was $18. Really? I still have my old Age of Kings and Myths fancy box I paid $50 several years ago (the only thing I didn't already have was the Titans expansion for AoM, but I was atoning for my earlier acquisition of um, skull-and-crossbones versions of the AoeII games).

EDIT: Oh, I found it. The store listing is here: http://store.steampo...nr=1_4_4__106_1

Wait, the PS4 is going to feature Apu? Thank you, come again!

I thought it was going to have apu chips and a full gpu also, from what I got
Watching the.unveiling. maybe I misunderstood?

#16558 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

So Games for Windows is pretty much dead now. Maybe they'll shut it down completely and give me a Steam key for my 10 cent copy of AoE III Collection. I can dream, right?

#16559 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

So Games for Windows is pretty much dead now. Maybe they'll shut it down completely and give me a Steam key for my 10 cent copy of AoE III Collection. I can dream, right?

Really a shame, I would have liked to see GFWL have some success - at the very least as an alternative platform for distribution and community. Especially for console converts - it was nice to have achievements be in one place, etc. Their pricing and lack of content really killed them though.

#16560 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

They've actually been re-purposing it a bit for Windows 8. I bought 4 Elements II when it was on sale on the Windows 8 app store and that logs into your GFWL/Xbox account and has XBox achievements.

steam_sig.png