Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#2191 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

OK

Posted Image

You sir, are winning.

fs_overall.png

#2192 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Steam has drawn first blood.

Sim City 4
Ys Origin
Ys Oath of Whateverthehellthatthingis

Republic Commando.... I'm watching you....

#2193 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Hey, thanks for the heads-up on the Ys games, everyone! I would have kicked myself for missing out.

^_^ It's the best thing I like about this thread. Pointing out and recommending titles that would have escaped notice.

If you want more of a turn based RPG with a party Drakensang: The River of Time is good and is 75% off at $4.99 but there's no rush on that since it will be that price for the duration of the sale.

I'd point out that you can pickup Drakensang Complete: Original + River of Time + Phileasson's Secret for $10 on fleaBay. I did. The Special Plastic Edition (retail) is DRM-Free.

I should just wait for Torchlight II to get to $4.99. Someone tell me to wait.

You should not wait. Try to get it for $7.50 in a 4-pack. Steam group buy thread is here. If not it's well worth $10 (and I feel worth full (low) price of $20).

Yeah well us PC gamers are also kind of ghettoized to a couple of threads while the console people have the whole rest of the board to spread out in.

That and they seem to be holding onto physical disc media for dear life and view digital downloads for junky little games that no one wants to pay $1 for.

Small hearts. Small minds. Small wallets. :lol:

I think it's because we're more open to discussing ridiculous stuff. Those Xbox guys are like "lol wut these grafx r like from 2009, whers the assult rifle" and we're all "fuck yes Mission Runway Coconut Queen Bad Rats crossover! BUY ALL THE CHEAP GAMES"

Spoiler

Nice graphic! Digital distribution has really helped us as a community to branch out into all sorts of genres. (As it did with music.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2194 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

I can't decide which is more shameful, buying it: or owning it.

Buying it, definitely buying it.

#2195 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Grabbed YS Origins from the flash sale!

#2196 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

To be honest, unless some games go to historic lows (Over 75% off), there isn't much that would be "please take my money". The combination of a large backlog and lots of indie bundles really chopped down what I'm willing to spend money for. It isn't like I'm taking my money elsewhere for PC games....

For me, I think it's just a matter of learning my lesson. Too many times I've jumped on a sale, thinking it was a great deal, but the game ends up on my backlog and inevitably goes on sale for much cheaper before I get around to actually playing it. I'm no longer looking at sales in terms of "How good of a deal is this?", but in terms of "What are the chances this will get discounted lower before I play it?" I'm more discerning and less impulsive than I used to be - and some of that may be because of the backlog, but I think some of it is also the fact that deals on Steam (particularly extended sales like this one) are far more frequent than they used to be (the December sale used to be the only really big sale each year, but now there's practically one every four months).

I told myself I was going to get through more of my backlog before this sale, because I do like being able to stock up when games are cheaper, but I really didn't make much progress, so the only games I'm really looking at on Steam are ones I'd immediately move to the top of my backlog, which really isn't much.

#2197 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Ooh, this description makes the Ys games much more attractive to me. The only Ys I played was the 3rd game on SNES, which I did feel skewed toward grindiness. If I were to only invest my time in on one Ys game, should I get Origin or Oath?

I would say both but if you want one, go for Oath now. Origin later.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#2198 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

I told myself I was going to get through more of my backlog before this sale, because I do like being able to stock up when games are cheaper, but I really didn't make much progress, so the only games I'm really looking at on Steam are ones I'd immediately move to the top of my backlog, which really isn't much.

Yep. As it stands I have more than enough games to last until the next Summer Sale. Not going to get anything unless it hits my targeted price point.

#2199 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

What is this CRAZINESS?!!!!

#2200 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Ooh, this description makes the Ys games much more attractive to me. The only Ys I played was the 3rd game on SNES, which I did feel skewed toward grindiness. If I were to only invest my time in on one Ys game, should I get Origin or Oath?

Oath in Felghana is the 3rd Ys game. Well a remake of it anyway.

#2201 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Wait, WUT?

#2202 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Not sure if this was posted yet..

Bethesda New Year Collection is 91% off ($30) on GamersGate UK

http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle

EDIT: Ninja'd

#2203 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Okay, that's a GOOD price if I didn't already own Oblivion, Fallout Series, DOOM, and Skyrim on Steam.

#2204 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

this was probably already stated earlier, but damn

http://www.gamersgat...llection-bundle

what a deal o.0

EDIT: LOL im too late, but in my defense i bought 2 of the bundles first before making this post :p

#2205 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Wait, WUT?

I have the majority of that bundle, but couldn't help but buy it.

Guess I'll be gifting some GG keys...

#2206 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Okay, that's a GOOD price if I didn't already own Oblivion, Fallout Series, DOOM, and Skyrim on Steam.

they're all separate codes, you can send/sell your extras if you wanted to

#2207 Davinatorman

Davinatorman

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Holy shit that's incredibly tempting. Even though I already own about half the games on there, it has Dishonored, Skyrim, Brink, and Doom 3. Ugh..

#2208 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Finally picked up the Ys games. I don't know when I will get around to them since I'm currently playing KOA: R.

edit: I'm extremely disappointed that Revelations 2012 removed the dance key. Since I'm terrible at FPS I at least like to run around dancing while I'm mauled by waves of Mayans.

It's still there in the options, but it does nothing. What a horrible tease.

I've just played Revelations 2012 for the first time ever. Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. Astonished. Taken aback. Appalled. Flabbergasted. Stunned. Speechless. Mortified. Petrified. Stupified.

I actually enjoyed it.

I liked the shotgun until it stopped firing on auto.

#2209 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Instant buy for me. Thank you!!!!

:applause:
Posted Image

#2210 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'd point out that you can pickup Drakensang Complete: Original + River of Time + Phileasson's Secret for $10 on fleaBay. I did. The Special Plastic Edition (retail) is DRM-Free.

I actually own the non-Steam version but will be re-buying the Steam version anyway. It's the cheapest it's ever been on Steam, at least TRoT is, and I think there's a good chance this game will disappear off of Steam at some point.

DTP sold the US rights to distribute it to Valusoft because they are Germans and didn't really get that they don't need physical distribution here here in the US because boxed retail (outside of Blizzard games) is dead. They did this with a bunch of their other games too like Venetica and Grey Matter.

Recently DTP came to their sense and wants to get their games on Steam but Valve won't give them the time of day so they made them go to Greenlight and their games aren't doing well there in the popularity contest.

Right now the Drakensang games on Steam are only available in the US region under Valusoft. Valusoft already got unloaded once by the sinking ship that is THQ so who knows what will happen to their or if the US rights will revert back to DTP and be stuck in Greenlight limbo forever or what.

TL;DR - I'm getting Drakensang TRoT on Steam because I like all my games attached to my Steam account and I'm afraid this game will get yanked at some point.

#2211 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

So I go away for 6 hours and everyone starts putting santa claus hats on their avatars.

Anyway think I'll grab Tom Clancys End War. For $2.50 I should be able to have some fun.

#2212 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Which of those Bethesda games will redeem on Steam?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2213 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

I'd be all over that if I didn't have everything except Dishonored and Doom (but I have all the Doom games separately).

#2214 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Looks like all of them.

#2215 TwentyBullets

TwentyBullets

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Instant buy for me. Thank you!!!!

:applause:

Are the games all redeemed at once or do you get separated codes?

#2216 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

All

#2217 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Anyone want to give me an epic Christmas present? :lol:

Seriously though that is insane. I wouldn't have expected it to drop THAT low.

#2218 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Wait, it says "Activation:Must be activated on Steam". Does that mean they ALL activate on Steam? If so, SOLD.

EDIT: OH JOY.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2219 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

All of them.

I think I have most of this pack, but I can't pass. I'll figure out what to do with the keys.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#2220 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Stardock collection $25 http://www.gamersgat...ku=DDB-STARDOCK

Get two of them and two Bethesdas and get one free!