Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#211 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

It's good to see Jade right up there, no bad feelings at all there
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#212 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

I've always wondered, why doesn't this Steam deals thread get stickied? Same with the Xbox live weekly deal and PSN weekly deals thread?

It's not difficult to find. It rarely leaves the front page. I think the stickied list should remain pretty small or else it tends to lose focus.

Right now you've got the Sunday deals thread which is meant to be a roundup of multiple threads, the Amazon PCDD thread which makes money for the site, and the raffle thread which is for the kids. I think they all make a lot of sense.

#213 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

No.

Not in exchange for stickying threads.

*Edit: More or less ninja'ed by Louiedog

Well not directly but obviously more people seeing a thread means more click through links means more affliate bonuses etc.

Anyway, this thread is almost always on the first page and with the big sale coming up that is pretty much guaranteed for a while so it's not a big deal to not have it way up at the tippy top I don't think.

#214 Ozonekill

Ozonekill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

No.

Not in exchange for stickying threads.

It increases the chance of people seeing the thread, thus the chance of people buying from links they clicked on from said thread.
Posted Image

#215 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Well not directly but obviously more people seeing a thread means more click through links means more affliate bonuses etc.

Sure, but that feels like a distinction worth making.

#216 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

dammit steam, i still have so many games to finish from the summer sale!

i hope there is a good deal on borderlands 2
Posted Image

#217 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

It's always nice to know who the PERSONA fans are. For whatever reason, PERSONA3 fans are less vocal than the Persona 4 ones, and I regard P3FES to be the superior of the two games. That's just me, though.

Hahaha, that Daily Deal is hilarious. The people on Valve's staff know what they're doing.

I don't want to think of how many hours I've sunk into P3:FES. P4 is still on the shelf in the cellophane wrapper.

If that Ubisoft pack is $50-60 I might get it for Ass Creed 3, From Dust, and Anno.

Spoiler

Didja forget that you picked up From Dust for $1 this summer on the 4-day Uplay sale?

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#218 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Also, concerning the 75% off sale on Crusader Kings II, how damn annoying is it that the 3 DLC's you don't own are the only ones not discounted. They need to stop excluding stuff when a game goes on deep discount.

The Russian DLCs that are excluded were just released a few days ago. I don't expect this trend to change.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#219 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Is there a way to tell if a Steam key has been redeemed without actually redeeming it?

I thought so, but I guess not. I asked her if she had used it over the phone, and I guess she couldn't be bothered to. Motoki's right, it literally takes less than a minute to redeem a key. So it was unused when it was posted here.

That's another problem they should've solved already.

#220 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I love the Persona series too I would have to say I like Persona 4 more though even though I played Persona 3 first.

Persona 4 had a little more fun to it than P3FES, but both are fantastic.

My biggest want this sale is Dark Souls to hit 75% since it is currently tempting me to get it on the 360 for $13.

fs_overall.png

#221 Ozonekill

Ozonekill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Sure, but that feels like a distinction worth making.

Not to sound condescending, I never would have expected someone to interpret what I said the way you did. So no distinction was made.
Posted Image

#222 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Not to sound condescending, I never would have expected someone to interpret what I said the way you did. So no distinction was made.

Lovely.

#223 MidnightRythms

MidnightRythms

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Key is still active. It's for Adventures of Shuggy. I gave it to a girl as a present on Friday, but she's apparently an ungrateful bitch. ;) Someone should use it so it isn't wasted.

I snatched the key up. My apologies for not letting everyone know sooner. Thanks Blade.

#224 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I enjoyed P3:FES a lot. I can't think of another single player game that I've sunk ~100 hours into (I generally get tired of Bethesda games after about 50-60). I think I'll probably give P4 a shot later, but I need a nice long break right now.

Actually just finished P3 this year after years of working on it. Really enjoyed it. Also have P4 in my backlog, which I will get to at some point.
Posted Image

#225 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I snatched the key up. My apologies for not letting everyone know sooner. Thanks Blade.

You're welcome! And it still says "Product Already Owned" which means sunghost is correct. There's no way to tell without redeeming the key yourself.

#226 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

I thought so, but I guess not. I asked her if she had used it over the phone, and I guess she couldn't be bothered to. Motoki's right, it literally takes less than a minute to redeem a key. So it was unused when it was posted here.

That's another problem they should've solved already.

One thing that Origin does that I approve of!

Persona 4 had a little more fun to it than P3FES, but both are fantastic.

My biggest want this sale is Dark Souls to hit 75% since it is currently tempting me to get it on the 360 for $13.

I'd pass on Dark Souls 360; the DLC that's bundled with the PC version is $15 there on its own.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#227 MidnightRythms

MidnightRythms

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'm sure you guys were aware of this but Steam has the ability to send you an email if any of your games on your wishlist goes on sale. I didn't know this til today...too busy lurkin' around here.

#228 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm sure you guys were aware of this but Steam has the ability to send you an email if any of your games on your wishlist goes on sale. I didn't know this til today...too busy lurkin' around here.

I think this is new, and I need to turn it off.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#229 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think this is new, and I need to turn it off.

And everyone's email box explodes when the big sale hits.

#230 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Apart from the DLC, the PC version of Dark Souls doesn't suffer from the frame rate issues and muddy textures of the console versions. (Assuming you have a decent graphics card -- works good @ 1920x1200 on my GTX 260)

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#231 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

From SG:

Free Strategy First Bundle (NON-Steam, no Steamworks)

Go here: http://www.strategyf...egy-bundle.html (it says 75, but will change to $50 in cart)
Apply PROMOCODE: HAPPYHOLIDAYS for $50 off.
Bundle includes:
Jagged Alliance 2
Disciples II Gold
Space Empires V
Dangerous Waters
Steel Fury
Razor 2
Iron Warriors

OOS already :(

#232 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

LOL Jade Empire is 75% off

Are you effing kidding me, that was the first game I added to my wishlist when I made my account on Steam... such memories... snatched, obviously! :applause:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#233 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Since when? :hot:

#234 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

And everyone's email box explodes when the big sale hits.

Not sure how it is set up since I can't find this option, but ideally it would be set as a price alert instead of a generic "its on sale" alert.

#235 MidnightRythms

MidnightRythms

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Not sure how it is set up since I can't find this option, but ideally it would be set as a price alert instead of a generic "its on sale" alert.

You can find it under Account Details -> Email Preferences.

#236 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I've been playing this game on Origin and it runs really smooth. The game play and graphics are really good, but the story and main character feel empty. It's a tired story and the main character is bland. It might have to do with she doesn't have a voice. That didn't bother me in DA, but for some reason in this game it does. Despite it's flaws I really enjoy it. I only wish I had more time to play it- work and kids.

Yeah when I was giving it a run I got bored fairly quick. Very uncompelling game.

At best, that's a backlog of modest proportions. You've got a ways to go before "immense" can be handed out. ;)

Yeah...some people have 1,000 games+. I just started my PC backlog in October or so and I'm at 200.

Going to have to get Jade Empire. tho I still have the Xbox copy.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#237 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

You can find it under Account Details -> Email Preferences.

I had to restart Steam, at which time it did an update. Funny that Steam keeps all my games updated in the background, but can't update itself . . .

#238 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I was just eyeing my Wishlist in preparation for the winter sale and have come to realize that during Steam sales I seem to buy everything but the games I apparently want because my list is as long as ever but my backlog keeps growing.

What is up with that and who can I blame?

#239 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Drop Dead Fred

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

who can I blame?

GabeN

#240 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I was just eyeing my Wishlist in preparation for the winter sale and have come to realize that during Steam sales I seem to buy everything but the games I apparently want because my list is as long as ever but my backlog keeps growing.

What is up with that and who can I blame?

I always keep my wishlist at 10 and every new year I vow to lower it. It's still at 10 even though I knocked some games off it, they get replaced by new ones. Drives me nuts because it keeps happening year-after-year.