Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#4921 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

ya i fnly gt 2 bi hidrowfobya 4 gud pryc

It's actually not awful.

It just throws all its good ideas at the last 20 minutes of the game, implements them poorly, and has a dreadful final boss.

Actually it's sort of awful.

Kind of neat though.

I guess.

If you're feeling guilty about your backlog.

#4922 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

ya i fnly gt 2 bi hidrowfobya 4 gud pryc

lul tihkn ov al ad hcimniganhas u cudv ated stupdi spodermen

#4923 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

lul tihkn ov al ad hcimniganhas u cudv ated stupdi spodermen

dedpul pls

#4924 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Weeklong Deals
Hitman Absolution - $24.99 $12.49 (Professional Edition - $29.99 $14.99)
Anodyne - $9.99 $6.69
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - $9.99 $2.49
The Book of Unwritten Tales Collection - $39.99 $9.99

Postal - $6.99 $3.49
Postal 2 Complete - $14.99 $3.74 ($44.99 $11.74 for 4-pack)
Critical Mass - $4.99 $2.49

I remember buying the disc for Robin Hood. It's sorta like Commandos as a RTS. I still have it somewhere, maybe I should buy it on steam for nostalgia.

BTW the steam gameplay video looks strange to me. It's too dark and the screenshots look more correct, but I remember it still hard to see what's going on sometimes.

#4925 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Also, there's a new (cheap) BundleStars bundle available.

http://www.bundlesta...stellar-bundle/

Steam keys for:

• Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Alien Shooter Revisited
  • Alien Hallway

All repeats, but the bundle is only $0.99 for those that missed these previously.

Never been to that site before but it seems pretty good, would click again

#4926 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

well Driver Fusion has achievements...I'm done:wall:

... wait, what?

First Visual Studio adds achievements, now this? Agh.

In other more on-topicky topics, I'm interested in the current Indie Royale but I already own every game on that bundle -except- Primal Fears, AS2 Conscription and Lucius... and I've heard that Lucius is an awful, AWFUL "adventure" game.

foxhack.jpg

#4927 Branyon47

Branyon47

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

So I get the joke about the frequency of Magicka sales. However I have never played it and i cannot tell if anyone likes it or just hate on the sale. Is it any good? Worth picking up at current sale and or DLC?

#4928 E-104 Epsilon

E-104 Epsilon

Saltybets King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Dammit! I missed the Xcom deal by minutes! I wanted that game pretty badly :cry:

:360: Game Count: ~108

#4929 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Dammit! I missed the Xcom deal by minutes! I wanted that game pretty badly :cry:

it will be $10 on amazon later this month, so don't feel to bad;)
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#4930 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

So I get the joke about the frequency of Magicka sales. However I have never played it and i cannot tell if anyone likes it or just hate on the sale. Is it any good? Worth picking up at current sale and or DLC?

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Multi-player is really fun, and the magic system can reach QWOP levels of hilarity at times (acciddently casting spells on yourself or friends instead of monsters, etc)

It's also been in Indie Gala so you could easily pick it up for less than $2.49 if you look in the trading thread.

#4931 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I played a little bit of it and it was not bad at all, but it was in an indie bundle recently so you might find it for cheaper in the trade thread.

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4932 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Never really wanted Magicka. I think it was great idea and the spell mechanics were very cool but after playing the demo the controls felt awkward. Spell selection was better with M+K but movement was better with a controller.

#4933 Yenos

Yenos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

So just noticed that there was two coupons in my inventory. Anyone want 50% off Duke Nukem 3d? Or 75% off Total War Shogun 2? I will give them to you just let me know

*Edit*
Showgun 2 Coupon is gone!

Edited by Yenos, 14 May 2013 - 01:07 AM.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Yenos/
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2ghz(oc 3.8ghz) -Corrsair Dominator 8gb DDR3 2000 - EVGA Geforce GTX670 FTW+
Gt=Yenos PSN= Yenoham
www.justin.tv/failgaming
Always playing the newest games so come check it out

#4934 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

I want to love Magicka. I do. It's got a great premise, some cool ideas, is funny, and coop is mostly of fun. That said, the control scheme is horrible. KB+M, Gamepad, Razer Naga - none helped. After trying multiple times in multiple setups I could not get comfortable with the controls. A shame really. Maybe I will give it another shot when someone wants to play coop, but otherwise it's not happening.

TLDR: Game could be awesome if the controls weren't complete shit.

#4935 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

If you can find a friend to play through it with and voice chat and troll each other with the quirky/fucked up spell system you'll have a blast.

Can't imagine playing it single-player, though.

#4936 cyrus386

cyrus386

I used to go by "annihilator"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

I want to love Magicka. I do. It's got a great premise, some cool ideas, is funny, and coop is mostly of fun. That said, the control scheme is horrible. KB+M, Gamepad, Razer Naga - none helped. After trying multiple times in multiple setups I could not get comfortable with the controls. A shame really. Maybe I will give it another shot when someone wants to play coop, but otherwise it's not happening.

TLDR: Game could be awesome if the controls weren't complete shit.

Yeah, I think this is why I gave up on it after a couple hours too. Also, its optimization is pretty shitty.

#4937 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

Magicka was fun, especially co-op. I had little trouble getting adapted to the controls (maybe because I had my emulators setup on weird funky control schemes for 10+ years now -_-)
Indie Gala Codemasters / January bundles $2.50 each. Indie Gala Capsule Computers $3.65 each. 70+ Steam keys for sale. Check out my trade thread. Direct Link:
Need to buy something from Green Man Gaming? Use this referral link and create an account and make a purchase then both of our accounts will be credited $2

#4938 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

When can we A) expect the spring sale and B) get some 75% off action on DmC?
Posted Image

#4939 cyrus386

cyrus386

I used to go by "annihilator"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

I don't think anyone's mentioned this today: GamersGate has 75% off Orcs Must Die titles and 50% off DLC. I'd probably pick up the complete pack if I had the 20% off. I wonder how much lower these titles can go?

link: http://www.gamersgat...tdie?aff=ggnews

#4940 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

There isn't a traditional "spring sale." Sometime there are lengthy promotions in the Spring, like the Indie sale at the end of March. But the next definite sale is the Summer Sale.

DmC... I wouldn't hold your breath for that happening any time soon. CapCom is not great at discounting their digital releases.

#4941 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

There was a dude selling DMC for $13 I think on the trade forums, that's 75% off it's $50 pricetag on Steam right now. He might still have some copies available. I can check who it was later on.
Indie Gala Codemasters / January bundles $2.50 each. Indie Gala Capsule Computers $3.65 each. 70+ Steam keys for sale. Check out my trade thread. Direct Link:
Need to buy something from Green Man Gaming? Use this referral link and create an account and make a purchase then both of our accounts will be credited $2

#4942 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

There was some discussion, and then argument because some people need to grow the hell up. It's a shame the mods came in so heavy-handed with their deletions and got rid of a decent amount of interesting content along with the bickering.

Actually, I'm the one who asked the mods to delete the little argument. Naturally they deleted it... and everything else. Sorry about that. :lol:

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#4943 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

I enjoyed Magika single player. I finished the campaign in the base game.... as much as I prefer controllers... play with KB/M... you can't do spell casting at speed on a controller. Also **** the DLC.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4944 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

There isn't a traditional "spring sale." Sometime there are lengthy promotions in the Spring, like the Indie sale at the end of March. But the next definite sale is the Summer Sale.

DmC... I wouldn't hold your breath for that happening any time soon. CapCom is not great at discounting their digital releases.

And yet they had Operation Raccoon City and all its DLC for like fourteen bucks a few weeks back.

foxhack.jpg

#4945 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

There was a dude selling DMC for $13 I think on the trade forums, that's 75% off it's $50 pricetag on Steam right now. He might still have some copies available. I can check who it was later on.

He doesn't and he's not getting anymore, I checked a couple of days ago.

#4946 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

Who's the real ashes?!

#4947 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

y u ask dat spoder?

#4948 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

And yet they had Operation Raccoon City and all its DLC for like fourteen bucks a few weeks back.

They may be failing as a company. but they are not stupid. They still know which games are good, and which are crap.

#4949 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

They had a similar price on PSN.

I don't see $14 for a year old game as all that great.

#4950 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

They had some pretty decent sales recently if I remember on Resident Evil 5 -75% off and a couple other games cheap as well. My memory is clouded in a thick glaze of bong smoke from when I was a kid and the names to every unique item in Diablo 2 so I can't remember specifics.