Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#4951 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

They had some pretty decent sales recently if I remember on Resident Evil 5 -75% off and a couple other games cheap as well. My memory is clouded in a thick glaze of bong smoke from when I was a kid and the names to every unique item in Diablo 2 so I can't remember specifics.

I will trade you a one-hitter for a set of Saigon's.

#4952 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

Phew, it's been a busy half a week. This thread is my favorite distraction. Glad to be caught up at last.

The Book and Unwritten Tales and its prequel Critter Chronicles are both 75% off at $4.99. Not a bad deal if you like adventure games.

Most of the other stuff is meh though as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for pointing this out Motoki. I enjoyed Book of Unwritten Tales so will be picking up the prequel.

My thoughts exactly. Oh, except that I haven't actually played the first one yet. But yeah, thanks for pointing it out, going to buy the prequel, etc.

#4953 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

My memory is clouded in a thick glaze of bong smoke from when I was a kid and the names to every unique item in Diablo 2

quote of the week

#4954 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

Shifty (for all you key-junkies out there)
KTCTT-ZTZ3C-JZX3J-JTBBJ-JFKT9

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4955 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

There isn't a traditional "spring sale." Sometime there are lengthy promotions in the Spring, like the Indie sale at the end of March. But the next definite sale is the Summer Sale.

DmC... I wouldn't hold your breath for that happening any time soon. CapCom is not great at discounting their digital releases.

Capcom seemed to do a lot in the last Christmas sale. I remember because I kept asking myself, "Why is Capcom of all companies the only one really taking the sale seriously?"

#4956 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I haven't seen a lot of talk about this online - and people always wonder why I want the Steam versions of Ubisoft games, so I thought I'd leave this here:

http://www.richardka...g-picture-mode/

TLDR: You can essentially 'bypass' the uplay launcher with these launch options:

Spoiler

Uplay still launches, and you'll have to launch normally the first time you boot the game - but after that it launches for like two seconds, and you're in game. When you quit the game uplay auto-exits and goes back to Steam. Works great for those of us who use Big Picture almost exclusively. So there that's why I'm always looking for Steam versions of Uplay games. Last game I personally tested was Blood Dragon, which works just fine with this method.

Edit: There is no patching of exes or any funny work here. Just launch options.

#4957 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

The Book and Unwritten Tales and its prequel Critter Chronicles are both 75% off at $4.99. Not a bad deal if you like adventure games.

Most of the other stuff is meh though as far as I am concerned.

I'd so get this but I haven't even played the.first yet lol. Still tempted though as heard.its.good, just not as good as the first.

#4958 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

I enjoyed Magika single player. I finished the campaign in the base game.... as much as I prefer controllers... play with KB/M... you can't do spell casting at speed on a controller. Also **** the DLC.

But, but, Star Trek robes! What about the Star Trek robes!

Kidding! ;-)

There actually are a few content DLC but there's so much shlock that they make it a PITA to fish out the ones that actually do add new areas from all the cosmetic nonsense.

Of course this is where I plug Jshackles' Enhanced Steam plugin which has crowd sourced categorization of DLC.

steam_sig.png

#4959 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Of course this is where I plug Jshackles' Enhanced Steam plugin which has crowd sourced categorization of DLC.

Now with 100% Magicka categorization. :)

Also - Sacred 2 Gold is on sale at GMG (activates on Steam) for $6.79 - 20% coupon = $5.44

#4960 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

http://store.indiegala.com/

Tower Wars is on sale for as low as $1.99 with Gala Points at the Gala Store. Likely bundle fodder, but I heard good things about it. Is this the cheapest it has been?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#4961 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

Also - Sacred 2 Gold is on sale at GMG (activates on Steam) for $6.79 - 20% coupon = $5.44

Not bad... but not 75% off (or cheaper) so I'll wait. ;)
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#4962 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Daily Deal:

Midweek Madness:

http://store.indiegala.com/
Tower Wars is on sale for as low as $1.99 with Gala Points at the Gala Store. Likely bundle fodder, but I heard good things about it. Is this the cheapest it has been?

$1.99 is certainly the cheapest it's been, but like you said it might be headed to a bundle soon, especially since they're now selling keys through the Gala Store. I played the beta and it's a pretty decent tower defense game.

#4963 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

Be Mine 8 is up and it is good:

http://groupees.com/bm8

#4964 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Fortix 2 is 80% off @ $2.00.

#4965 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Humble Bundle added all the prototypes from amnesia fortnight to the current Humble Bundle, so it looks like we won't be getting The Cave or Iron Brigade.

#4966 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

That's an extremely disappointing 'bonus'.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#4967 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

That's an extremely disappointing 'bonus'.

But satisfying for me, because it's what I guessed it would be and I didn't buy the bundle. ;)

#4968 Mac the Geek

Mac the Geek

Member Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

So just noticed that there was two coupons in my inventory. Anyone want 50% off Duke Nukem 3d? Or 75% off Total War Shogun 2? I will give them to you just let me know

*Edit*
Showgun 2 Coupon is gone!

I have three of the "75% off Shogun 2" coupons in my inventory. PM me if you'd like to use one.

Also, if you haven't played GeoGuessr yet... well, it's the biggest game on Planet Earth. :lol: Free, too. Basically, it gives you a picture from Google Street View, and you have to move around and figure out where in the world you are. My first game last night took me to South Africa, Norway, New Zealand, Mexico, and the US.

#4969 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Be Mine 8 is up and it is good:

http://groupees.com/bm8

Excellent! Fairy Bloom Fresia was on my wishlist.

And it looks like the first bonus was unlocked between my purchasing (was at 99%) and my getting to my downloads page. I'm going to go ahead and claim credit.

#4970 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Also, if you haven't played GeoGuessr yet... well, it's the biggest game on Planet Earth. :lol: Free, too. Basically, it gives you a picture from Google Street View, and you have to move around and figure out where in the world you are. My first game last night took me to South Africa, Norway, New Zealand, Mexico, and the US.

I played this with my girlfriend the other day. We used to live in San Francisco and one of our pics was taken from the visitor center parking lot on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge. I think it said we were off by .001 km, which is about 4 feet.

My best game included one where there were no signs or anything, but I thought, "You know, that looks like Vancouver Island," and sure enough we put down the marker about 1/2 a KM away. Neither of us have ever been there. It's a fun game that has made me want to travel to several places that we saw.

#4971 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Daily Deal:
Proteus (50% Off) $4.99

By all rights, I should look upon that as possibly the most boring "game" ever made. Yet after watching the vids on the steam store page, I find it strangely compelling.

*adds Proteus to wishlist*

#4972 melted77

melted77

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Does anyone know if you get the extras if you bought a gift link early and below the average? I got an extra gift link that is not claimed.

#4973 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:12 PM

Humble Bundle added all the prototypes from amnesia fortnight to the current Humble Bundle, so it looks like we won't be getting The Cave or Iron Brigade.

Blah! Can't say I'm not surprised though.

#4974 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Also, if you haven't played GeoGuessr yet... well, it's the biggest game on Planet Earth. :lol:

STEAM OR GTFO

Also, every spot on earth apparently looks like Paraguay. Deciduous trees along a dirt road? Paraguay. Scrub desert? Paraguay. Conifers on a snowy mountain? Paraguay.

#4975 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Fortix 2 is 80% off @ $2.00.

Has anyone played this? Bundle material?

#4976 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

I like it. It's Qix with dragons. It's been bundled a couple of times already so there may be cheap keys out there.

#4977 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I like it. It's Qix with dragons. It's been bundled a couple of times already so there may be cheap keys out there.

Thanks. I must have passed on those bundles because I don't have it yet. It looks like the first game is 99 cents.

#4978 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

It was in IG 2.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4979 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

It looks like the first game is 99 cents.

FWIW: The first game hasn't been bundled.
Selling Steam key: Race The Sun $1.10 (Cards) & Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine $1.10 (Cards) (Or both for $2.)
I'm also selling Indie Gala August bundles! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#4980 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

It was in IG 2.

And my first IG was #3. I missed out by not being an early adopter of the indie bundle craze.