Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#1591 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Fuck me. I bought this 2 days ago after waiting 2 weeks for a sale after my trial ran out.

Good software eh?

#1592 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Hey, I just met you

AND THIS IS CRAZY!
Spoiler

So I apparently cant play batman arkham city.... The game just crashes when I start it up.
Posted Image

#1593 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

AND THIS IS CRAZY!

Spoiler

So I apparently cant play batman arkham city.... The game just crashes when I start it up.

That's just the first Riddler challenge. The game is very meta.

#1594 omgoblins

omgoblins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Looking for a trade for any Skyrim DLC.. Have a lot of Steam keys up for trade/sale.
Trade List Link
Thanks for your time,
OMGoblins

#1595 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Looking for a trade...

This isn't a trade thread. Those are in the subforum you linked to, so you already know that. Try the Steam thread in the master trade lists over there.

#1596 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

That's just the first Riddler challenge. The game is very meta.

HA I WAS NOT FOOLED! I had to go to the game file itself and load it from there.
Posted Image

#1597 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

ALSO: not that this has (yet) been announced for Steam but this is some of the best gaming news I've seen all day:

Rescue Rangers or GTFO

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#1598 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Rescue Rangers or GTFO

Fo reals.

I love how our forum software will hold a multi-quote for days, but if you walk away from your CP for 10 minutes, it assumes you caught up with all the new posts without having clicked on a single damn thing.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#1599 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Good software eh?

I wholeheartedly recommend it. Easy to use, does a great job of helping visualize your budget and seeing where your money is going, and instead of reactively putting your money into various buckets, you tell it how much you want to budget to various areas and then pull money from those budget areas.

If you aren't sure at the $20 price and want to wait for the next sale, there's a 34 day trial to let you budget out a full month plus, and the dev is extremely active on the Steam forums.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#1600 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Anybody have any indie gems to recommend? Like 60 hours of Terraria for 2.50$ type o deals? I need to buy something.
Might try out Valley of Wind 2, looks kind of addictive.

Wishing I bought Gnomaria while it was on indie game stand. Along with quite a few other steam indie's that are popping up daily as of late.
However, I did get Anodyne, La Maluna, Kenshi.

#1601 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Anodyne is available on Steam! Now waiting the steam key... was it from Humble Store or IGS?

Anybody have any indie gems to recommend? Like 60 hours of Terraria for 2.50$ type o deals?
Might try out Valley of Wind 2, looks kind of addictive.

Wishing I bought Gnomaria while it was on indie game stand. Along with quite a few other steam indie's that are popping up daily as of late.
However, I did get Anodyne, La Maluna, Kenshi.

I'm playing AVWW 2 and is awesome!... just ask for recommendations on certain games, there are about 100 on sale and I don't know which ones you have :)

#1602 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

So I was browsing the indie games and apperenently they have war Z up for sale again for 0% off.... why have that game in a sale, not on sale... better yet why still sell that piece of garbage.
Posted Image

#1603 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

Anodyne is available on Steam! Now waiting the steam key... was it from Humble Store or IGS?

Humble Bundle store. Just checked my page, no key. Probably going to take a few days.

Also, here's a steam code for Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP: GEBGN-9EHDR-PM82D

#1604 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Humble Bundle store. Just checked my page, no key. Probably going to take a few days.

Also, here's a steam code for Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP: GEBGN-9EHDR-PM82D

Snagged Superbrothers. Thank you, figured enough time had passed that I wasn't even going to try to redeem it.

#1605 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

The dev stated he couldn't find a way to generate keys, which explains why there aren't any keys yet. He emailed Steam for more info.

#1606 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

The dev stated he couldn't find a way to generate keys, which explains why there aren't any keys yet. He emailed Steam for more info.

It's nice they'll give Steam keys to early buyers :)

#1607 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Whew. Doesn't look like I missed Patterns or Prison Architect in any cheap bundles. Those look good. Check out the price on prison architect.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 23 March 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#1608 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Fuck me. I bought this 2 days ago after waiting 2 weeks for a sale after my trial ran out.

:dunce:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#1609 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

I knew Duck Tales on NES inside out, forward and backward. Pretty sure I still have the game entirely memorized including hidden treasures and rooms. But I'm still looking forward to playing this rerelease.

#1610 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thanks to The End for his simple fix, I was able to put in about 3 hours of Bioshock 1. It's a pretty competent shooter, but I constantly feel like I'm running out of ammo / scrounging to survive. But no matter - it's fun. I'm on Spring Break for the next 9 days so I'm going to try to finish 1 / 2 / possibly Infinite in the next week. :)

#1611 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thanks to The End for his simple fix, I was able to put in about 3 hours of Bioshock 1. It's a pretty competent shooter, but I constantly feel like I'm running out of ammo / scrounging to survive. But no matter - it's fun. I'm on Spring Break for the next 9 days so I'm going to try to finish 1 / 2 / possibly Infinite in the next week. :)

I had the exact opposite issue, constantly running out of room for all the ammo I fell over. Then again I did spec more towards the wrench. Enjoy your first time through the game, but don't burn yourself out if you decide to play 2 right after 1.

On A Valley Without Wind, I recall the first one being a mess of ideas that didn't really meld together, how does the second one do at that? Is it a more competent game?

#1612 Pheace

Pheace

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Whew. Doesn't look like I missed Patterns or Prison Architect in any cheap bundles. Those look good. Check out the price on prison architect.

Couldn't resist Prison Architect anyway, looks damn good :)

#1613 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I had the exact opposite issue, constantly running out of room for all the ammo I fell over. Then again I did spec more towards the wrench. Enjoy your first time through the game, but don't burn yourself out if you decide to play 2 right after 1.

On A Valley Without Wind, I recall the first one being a mess of ideas that didn't really meld together, how does the second one do at that? Is it a more competent game?

According to the Metacritic reviews, it looks better and has a great soundtrack but suffers from some of the same problems the first one did, largely due to the procedurally-generated nature of most aspects of the game. It sounded to me like you spend too much time doing SNES-type "fun" which I didn't like back when it was popular, so it's a pass for me even at $3.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#1614 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

After hovering around $3.98 for a couple of days, the beat-the-average price of the Mac App Deals bundle has dropped to $3.91.

#1615 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

EDIT: And in replying to posts, I forgot the whole reason for coming to the thread. I am sometimes completely oblivious, and in the even other CAGs here are as well, I'd like to share what I learned quite late to the party I can only assume...After reading the description of this Postal 2 steamgift, I learned that previous Groupees Be Mine 3 bundle buyers got Steam codes for Postal 2 as well... You can get your's here if anyone was in the dark about this like I was...

https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys
^Find the game, click "Request Key", redeem on Steam, and done!

Get Telltale Game's TWD if you want a good game. Avoid all the hastily-made rubbish.

www.gamefly.com/Download-The-Walking-Dead/5003915/
Good timing to sugest, as its at a pretty decent price on gamefly, $7.64 after SLICKSPRING10
Sinful Source ->
Spoiler

I'm wondering if they'll add more games. Didn't they last time? All I want for now is Lume. I may see if hubby wants Spellforce.

Thats what I'm worried about; so I'm waiting till closer to the end

I believe the site to register pre-2008 games has been taken down. It used to be here: https://activate.ea....yentitlement.do

Now it just redirects to the Origin account sign up. I recommend contacting support for help.

DAMMIT, now I can't register ma Battlefieldz 1920 million

Hydrophobia is on sale for $.99. I think I might finally bite.

Been said enough, but to say it again, its actually a decent game. Only major flaw is that its basically an episode 1 of a never complete episodic series.

No reason to get rid of Infinite just because you didn't play the first 2. There is no continuity between the games, unless there is something they've kept under wraps.

Ya, one might as well say Fuck it to bioshock 1 & 2 if you haven't played System Shock, by the logic of getting rid of Infinite based on similar logic.

Hey, I just met you

AND THIS IS CRAZY!
Spoiler

Warning...epic awesomeness or gut wrenching sinful ear pain ahead...its still undecided among the Internet Gods...
Listen on Soundcloud.com

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#1616 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Just FYI, La Mulana is a masterpiece. It's everything good about indie gaming, except that it is such a daunting undertaking that those that finish it will be a slim minority of those that actually play it.

But I think even tasting such masterwork is worth the price of admission. It's not a pile of instant-kills and identical rolling/circle-strafing combat like Dark Souls. You can actually take quite a bit of punishment and escape quite easily, but you are waging campaigns against daunting, enormous, puzzle-filled levels. It's just a fantastic piece of work.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1617 louiedog

louiedog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Today's deal is Empire: Total War at 75% off ($3.74)

DLC is on sale
Collection w/ DLC is $7.49

Total War Master Collection - $22.49
  • Medieval II: Total War™
  • Rome: Total War™
  • Empire: Total War™
  • Napoleon: Total War™
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2
  • Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
  • Viking: Battle for Asgard
  • Total War Battles: SHOGUN

#1618 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Did the sale percentage for Chaos on Deponia actually go down for the daily deal? I could have sworn in it was -50% earlier.

#1619 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Did the sale percentage for Chaos on Deponia actually go down for the daily deal? I could have sworn in it was -50% earlier.

It's been 25% since the first day.

#1620 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Just a heads up, if you are looking to get the DLC for Total War make sure you get the pack, saves you .95$. Not much but this is CAG right?

http://store.steampo...d.com/sub/2892/

76561197970731518.png