Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2011 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

But where else will I win 15 games? I mean sure 2 were fake and 1 win was from the 25K faerie solitare that had a 100% win chance.

Also does anyone know if there is a way to get this site to not hate closing spoilers in Chrome?

wait, we're supposed to be able to close spoilers?! :drool:
Spoiler

WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#2012 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

Choice is to avoid Steam gifts!

But! But! But! But Mooby! But... Free things!

Free things, Mooby!

#2013 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

Choice is to avoid Steam gifts!

I don't know the exact percentages but it's been $6ish two or three times during the last major sales.

Exactly, it's easier just to buy the games you want when they're on sale.
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2014 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

I don't know the exact percentages but it's been $6ish two or three times during the last major sales.

$5 would be 75% off, and we all know that it's not an alright sale unless it's at least 75% off. ;)
I'm hosting an Indie Gala July Madness group buy - PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot. :)
> Also selling a Steam copy of Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe ($4.98).

#2015 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

This!

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2016 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Because it just takes way too much time to enter those giveaways. What if you win a game before it is on sale or even released? Because of Draekon I won a pre-order of Dark Souls.

Really though I would say Steamgifts is for those games you kind of want, but don't want to buy. Examples include Duke Nukem Forever I really wanted to play Duke Nukem, which let's all be honest should have stayed as For-Never, but knew it was so bad that I was unwilling to spend money on it.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I have actually been getting control over not buying games and working through my backlog, which like most of us is massive. Because of that I pass on sales all the time and with Steamgifts I can, rarely, win games without spending money and without really expanding my backlog by much.

#2017 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Steam Gifts could be really nice, mostly if you're in some group, that's how you can get the most of it, fair giveaways and nice people.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#2018 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

wait, we're supposed to be able to close spoilers?! :drool:

Spoiler

I honestly had no idea that this could be done in other browsers. But then, what need do you have for closing a spoiler once opened? I usually refresh the page when I get to the end anyway which has the same effect.

Chrome is the best, though. Like enjoying a nice, cold pop.

#2019 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Just finished Bioshock Infinite

Holy shit...

Game was good, story was absolutely amazing.

#2020 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

I honestly had no idea that this could be done in other browsers. But then, what need do you have for closing a spoiler once opened? I usually refresh the page when I get to the end anyway which has the same effect.

Chrome is the best, though. Like enjoying a nice, cold pop.

Lowball auctions. When each spoiler contains a massive picture and you want to look at the rest of the items it becomes terrible. Also it isn't just Chrome because you can close spoiler tags on Gamespot.com and some other sites.

#2021 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Quick question: I bought the KOA: Reckoning game + dlc bundle off steam a few weeks ago and just got around to playing it. There is a page asking me to sign into my EA account which I don't have. Do I need to create one to play the game or DLC?
Thanks in advance!

#2022 intruige

intruige

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

think you do man

#2023 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hmm, I think someone might be trying to hack my account. I got an email from Steam (actual Steam support, not a fake one) that there was "query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address." Anyone know what this means? I haven't done any sort of query or anything.

fs_overall.png

#2024 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

It generally means you redeemed a public CD key and someone else tried to too and they hit the "Retrieve account" button. It's usually nothing to worry about.

#2025 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Alright thanks, I was worried someone was trying to pull something.

fs_overall.png

#2026 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Daily: Titan Quest Gold - $4.99

Weekend:

Hitman Absolution - $9.99
GTA IV Complete - $7.49

Those are the advertised weekend deals, but the entire Hitman and GTA franchise is also on sale. 75% off.

#2027 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Weekend Deal

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack $12.49 75% off includes below
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3 $2.49 75% off
Grand Theft Auto 4 $4.99 75% off
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes from Liberty City $4.99 75% off
Grand Theft Auto Vice City $2.49 75% off
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas $3.74 75% off

Hitman Collection $15 75% off includes below
Hitman Codename 47 $2.49 75% off
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin $2.49 75% off
Hitman Blood Money $2.49 75% off
Hitman Absolution $9.99 75% off

Hitman Absolution DLC $0.24 each 75% off (not included in pack)

#2028 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

I highly recommend upgrading Titan Quest from the humble THQ to Gold if you haven't already.

469.9 hrs on record

#2029 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Steam Daily: Titan Quest Gold @ $5 75% off also TQ: IT is $3.75 in case you have TQ from HIB. This version seems to only have Steam DRM.

Notable Weekend deals:
Hitman: Absolution @ $10 75% off (dlc 75% off too). And the older Hitman Titles are 75% off, and $15 for the Hitman: 1, 2, Blood Money, & Absolution (no dlc).

All the GTA titles are 75% off as well including the whole pack for $12.50

Edited by asheskitty, 28 March 2013 - 05:34 PM.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2030 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hitman: Absolution @ $10 75% off (dls 75% off too).

Tempted by this - any must-have DLCs?

See what happens when we spend two pages discussing GTA?!

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2031 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Wow, didn't Hitman Absolution just come out like 5 months ago? And it's already down to $10.

#2032 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Cross posting from my GMG thread post...

GMG is having a good sale on some Codemasters games, from the few I tried, GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z9B doesn't seem to apply an extra 20% though.

Edit: GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD seems to work for an extra 20% off. Thanks Fox. I was using the wrong code. Remember, the code only applies to one item per checkout, so do multiple transactions if you're buying multiple things. (And hope your bank doesn't fraud-flag you after a few transactions.)

Full list of Codemasters sale.

Dirt 2 @ $3.74 (75% off, Steam) If you have any interest in racers (arcade or sim) you'll likely love this. This the lowest it's been.

GRID @ $5.09 (66% off, Steam) I also highly recommend this title as well. Both Dirt 2 and GRID have wonderful physics and a 7 (or 9) difficulty levels making it easy to find the right amount of challenge for you. This is the cheapest price ever, though since GRID 2 is coming out in a few months, we might see a 75% off this year. I highly recommend it, even at a whole $5.09. ^_~

Dirt 3 @ $8.49 (66% off, steam) is another good racer. It was recently this price on GG.

Dirt: Showdown @ $10.19 (66% off, steam) is the lowest price yet on Showdown. They veered away from the deeper racing roots with this one and enraged fans of the Dirt series. I don't own it yet, so I can't comment further.
Edit: Rechecking reviews, wow. I'm actually passing on this at $8. Reviews paint it as a bad knockoff of Flatout, with stupidly simple physics. It shouldn't have carried the "Dirt" name.

The F1 series is sim racing, try the F1 2012 demo on steam to see if you have any interest. They were recently on sale at these prices or better on GG. In short, F1 2011 is refinement on F1 2010, and F1 2012 is more an an annual sports franchise update. I only own F1 2012.

F1 Race Stars is a cart racer that reportedly lacks the certain magic needed for cart racers. Imo, so reason to consider this since Sonic All-Stars Transformed is a much better title and has been availble for about this price.

I also love Overlord/Raising Hell (and Overlord II seems to be more of the same), but the complete pack was $5 on the Steam Winter Sale.

Edited by asheskitty, 28 March 2013 - 07:07 PM.
Slamming Showdown

#2033 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Cross posting from my GMG thread post...

GMG is having a good sale on some Codemasters games, from the few I tried, GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z9B doesn't seem to apply an extra 20% though.

That code is only for select pre orders (25% off).

This code: GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD

Should work on the codemasters games (worked on Dirt 3 when I tested it)

I have a handful of leftover July Madness Bundles - PM if interested

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#2034 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Absolution DLC is worse than useless. It really seems like the publishers insisted on it more than they actually pulled some good content for DLC.

It's useless in the story mode. The Contracts mode lets you make your own kill targets in the games story levels. For instance, you might be forced to kill three guards in different parts of the map in esoteric ways. You "play" the challenge to make it so it also doubles as an ersatz free play mode for these levels.

The DLC is just additional weapons and suits for that mode. You can't play a mission created by someone else that requires a DLC suit or weapon that you lack.

This is so much more useless than even the worst cosmetic SD DLC.

#2035 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Wow, didn't Hitman Absolution just come out like 5 months ago? And it's already down to $10.

GMG had the professional edition for $10 back on March 1st. It was also hitting the $17 mark a few time in Jan.

Tempted by this - any must-have DLCs?

See what happens when we spend two pages discussing GTA?!

IIRC, the DLC is multiplayer stuff, but at this price, I'm tempted to flesh out my dlc for it (just own the Professional Ed from the GMG sale). (It's been in my AAA backlog for 4 weeks.)

=D I think the complete GTA pack is a good deal. I bought it in the summer sale for $12.49 despite owning the all of it from a smattering of retail and non-steam DDL. GTA III, VC, & SA also net you the better mac port (port in the mac app store is worse), which interested me. I think I'd seen some texture mods for VC & SA a few months back.

#2036 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

I think Absolution is worth the ten bucks, but I have Hitman Blood Money and have never played it past the first mission. So my first real experience with Hitman has been with Absolution.

I thought the game was fun but I found myself racing through missions instead of carefully assessing everything before proceeding, which is my preferred way of playing stealth. This is because of the checkpoint system, I'd much prefer a save-at-any-time method. I was going quickly through levels because I didn't want to get to a point where I'd fail and would have to restart some twenty minutes earlier. There's certainly enough "collectibles" and different ways of approaching each target, and I suppose that encourages replayability, but I never cared to go back and try other methods after I finished the game. It'd take too much time to go past certain situations only to fail and have to restart at a particular checkpoint. I know that this is in line with the Hitman series tradition, but I guess it was too challenginf for dumb ol' me.

The checkpoint system is also bugged: enemies that you have taken down before a checkpoint will reappear if you need to go back. The disguise system is also quite annoying, as many have mentioned before.

I just realized I have more complaints about the game than compliments, and yet here I am recommending it. There's enough variety in the missions and tense moments to enjoy it. The crowd scenes are the best ones, I think.

#2037 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

Sounds like I want to steer clear of the DLC for H:A. I'll decide between now and Sunday whether I'll pick up the game+guide pack (not that interested in the Professional extras).

Since Asheskitty didn't mention it in her post, I'll add that Rise of the Argonauts is a terrific ARPG (best handled with a controller, but still a fun riff on classical mythology).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#2038 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I think Absolution is worth the ten bucks, but I have Hitman Blood Money and have never played it past the first mission. So my first real experience with Hitman has been with Absolution.

I thought the game was fun but I found myself racing through missions instead of carefully assessing everything before proceeding, which is my preferred way of playing stealth. This is because of the checkpoint system, I'd much prefer a save-at-any-time method. I was going quickly through levels because I didn't want to get to a point where I'd fail and would have to restart some twenty minutes earlier. There's certainly enough "collectibles" and different ways of approaching each target, and I suppose that encourages replayability, but I never cared to go back and try other methods after I finished the game. It'd take too much time to go past certain situations only to fail and have to restart at a particular checkpoint. I know that this is in line with the Hitman series tradition, but I guess it was too challenginf for dumb ol' me.

The checkpoint system is also bugged: enemies that you have taken down before a checkpoint will reappear if you need to go back. The disguise system is also quite annoying, as many have mentioned before.

I just realized I have more complaints about the game than compliments, and yet here I am recommending it. There's enough variety in the missions and tense moments to enjoy it. The crowd scenes are the best ones, I think.

I thought both the save system and disguises were way better in Blood Money. They were part of my huge disappointment with that game. I've complained enough about the game so that I won't do so again here, but I encourage you to go back and try Blood Money some more. The first time I tried to play it I wasn't feeling it after the introductory level. Slowly it grew on me until everything clicked into place and I played the hell out of it for a couple of weeks.

#2039 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

For what it's worth, Blood Money is on my short list of best games ever made.

Absolution is quite good and definitely worth this price. Those shocked? EVERY SE PC release has done this sort of precipitous price drop.

#2040 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Dirt 2 @ $3.74 (75% off, Steam) If you have any interest in racers (arcade or sim) you'll likely love this. This the lowest it's been.

GRID @ $5.09 (66% off, Steam) I also highly recommend this title as well. Both Dirt 2 and GRID have wonderful physics and a 7 (or 9) difficulty levels making it easy to find the right amount of challenge for you. This is the cheapest price ever, though since GRID 2 is coming out in a few months, we might see a 75% off this year. I highly recommend it, even at a whole $5.09. ^_~

Grid was $3.75 on Steam (2011-10-27) ;)

Dirt 2 is one of the best racers out there. Dirt 1 is great, but Dirt 2 is more "fun".