Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5589 replies to this topic

#2071 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

anyone else have this in their inventory?

Spoiler

Looks like the gift they give people when they're hired by Valve. Maybe they've hired you and you just don't know it yet.

If you want I have a list of all of Valve's IP addresses. :D

#2072 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Posted Image

No! :(
But, I'm sure many of us would LOVE that GIFT. ;)

#2073 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Spoiler

Hmm, I'm gonna need you to send that to me to make sure it works properly. Can never have enough troubleshooting experience, after all! ;)

#2074 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

I wonder how long it'd take to load your entire game list, if you got entire Steam library...

#2075 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

But with everything in the Steam library... I wouldn't be able to play the meta game anymore! Plus, I could never enter a Steamgifts drawing again. I'd have to start my (Pokemon) journey over again on a new account.

#2076 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Well over a year ago, and like $0.30 more now. It's a great racer, I wouldn't let that stop you. It doesn't go on sale enough to confidently say, "grab it @ 75% off on the next steam sale." My post is aimed at games I think CAGs will really like.

FYI, Dirt 1 was pulled from Steam in Fall. Dirt 1 has more rally races, which I personally enjoy.

I was just mentioning the last Grid's 75% sale. That was the LAST time it had a good sale... until now. There's no reason to wait for $0.30, is an AWESOME racer... even crashing your car is fun!!

I liked Dirt 1, The rally maps were great, much better than Dirt 2... but I found Dirt 2's gameplay and handling better. I don't know if it's more arcade or realistic than the first one, but I like it :)

#2077 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Spoiler

Actually I do. Unfortunately cracking the Valve wifi to get on the network has been a huge hassle and I've been camped outside for days. Does anyone know Gabe's dog's birthday?

#2078 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hmm, I'm gonna need you to send that to me to make sure it works properly. Can never have enough troubleshooting experience, after all! ;)

give me a copy of bad rats and its yours
;)

Spoiler

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#2079 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Picked up Titan Quest and the GTA4/Episodes deal. :applause:

Titan Quest is a must own for any ARPG fans, it still holds up incredibly well visually and gameplay wise. GTA 4 i didn't much care for when i played on 360 when it came out but now that i have a beast of a rig i am interested in the whole mod scene with the ice enhancer etc.

#2080 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Posted Image

Is that even a real thing?
Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.70
I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#2081 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

yes.

#2082 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

My complaints about Rise of the Argonauts far outweighed my likes.

The story is what shines. It doesn't matter how good gameplay is in an RPG if the story is a boring, cliche snorefest. RotA took the classic story, tweaked it, and came up with something very good. Not all of the dialogue is great, but in general the dialogue and voice overs are very well done.

The combat is probably more action than it is RPG, but it works, it's fun, and it doesn't make you think "I like the story of this game, but I wish the gameplay was better", which I feel happens all too often. The skill trees are simple, but they're fine. I didn't find any of the skills that I unlocked to be useless, overpowered, etc. Like I said, the game is more action than RPG, so the skill trees reflect that.

The dialogue choices aren't game changing, but they do help you build your skills, which is an interesting, if not perfectly executed idea.

If you're a fan of ARPGs, you'll probably like it. If you're a fan of the Greek/Roman mythology thing, you'll like it. If you're a fan of neither of those things, it's still a solid game, but it'll probably rightfully sit in your backlog.

I'd probably give it a 7.5/10, but that's not taking into account the fact that I'm into mythology. I love Titan Quest to death for the same reason.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2083 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Dirt 3 @ $8.49 (66% off, steam) is another good racer. It was recently this price on GG.

Oooohhh... $6.80 sounds like a really nice price. I've been waiting for DiRT 3 for quite a while now.

76561197971332172.png

#2084 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Valve employee who got the bundle this past winter: http://steamcommunity.com/id/NoESC

#2085 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Valve employee who got the bundle this past winter: http://steamcommunity.com/id/NoESC

4360 games... I wonder how anarchyoblivion feels about that. Good or Bad?

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#2086 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

well, I did a stupid thing. I figured for $3 Dirt 2 was worth it. Problem was I forgot I was in the (installed games) view when i checked to see if i owned it, and i already do.

MENH7-QLQG7-KNIA6 for Dirt 2 Steam.

Have at it!

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2087 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

well, I did a stupid thing. I figured for $3 Dirt 2 was worth it. Problem was I forgot I was in the (installed games) view when i checked to see if i owned it, and i already do.

MENH7-QLQG7-KNIA6 for Dirt 2 Steam.

Have at it!

Wow, a whole minute later it was still unredeemed.

Thanks! I will definitely play it. :)

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#2088 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

random interjection.
I enjoy Eurogamer's head to heads when they use an "average" pc gaming rig to test their games. I think its really lopsided to play new games with Quad SLI NVIDIA Titans......LOLZ....and say yeah, the game looks really good and is great to play.

Thats not realistic. Such as when I'm on the road and I need to play games on my laptop. I've recently discovered that Mass Effect 2 actually runs quite well maxed out on a 6750m. Still have a bit of troubles with Skryim, but I'm gonna try a little more with that this weekend. Always on the lookout for great laptop friendly games and not just for my laptop! Graphics SO != enjoyment. I actually kinda stay away from AAA games that laud their graphics really at all. I talk about all this as Eurogamer just put up their head to head on Infinite which I'm eager to read.

DOODZ i can play game X on my Quad Titan setup. ePeen! dood.

i really hope that the new consoles don't destroy this nice semi lull we've had in pc gaming requirements. games are much more forgiving on average and its nice. Maybe it will actually buy us some time as more games use more threads. I don't know whats going to happen. I just know I'm not buying the new consoles anytime soon. I'll give it 2-3 years. Consoles seriously need time to come into stride. I'd argue that even the 3DS is *still* not ready. The WiiU imoho is a total clusterf in terms of launch. The best time to own any system is in its last year....or right now.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 29 March 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#2089 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

i really hope that the new consoles don't destroy this nice semi lull we've had in pc gaming requirements. games are much more forgiving on average and its nice. Maybe it will actually buy us some time as more games use more threads. I don't know whats going to happen. I just know I'm not buying the new consoles anytime soon. I'll give it 2-3 years. Consoles seriously need time to come into stride. I'd argue that even the 3DS is *still* not ready. The WiiU was a total botch. The best time to own any system is in its last year....or right now.

I don't think there will be a "huge leap" forward in PC gaming requirements overnight like there was when the latest generation of consoles was released about 5 years ago. Mostly because the PS4 is really just a watered down PC, as is the eventual Valve-released-Steam-box.

When Sony had their "big reveal" that the Playstation 4 was getting
Spoiler
I was like "are you seriously kidding me right now?!?!??!?!" :roll:

Gaming has almost always been driven by the average hardware that can run it. I don't see that changing any time soon.

#2090 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

i really hope that the new consoles don't destroy this nice semi lull we've had in pc gaming requirements.

No worries there...

bZ2g3eF.png

#2091 AVacuousSmile

AVacuousSmile

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

@ post 2022:
Thanks for the help! Weird that after all these years I've never gotten an account. Guess it's never too late.

#2092 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

No worries there...

The thing that scares me about the PS4 is the DDR5. The GPU and CPU....not so scary. When the 360 came out I remember being quite in awe of the tri-core.
Its happened before. New consoles come out and my system is no longer relevant. I'm pretty sure that happened to me.
I played Morrowind on my Xbox. This is why I have this fear/complex people. MY XBOX.

#2093 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

Expectations had/have been low for the next Playstation and Xbox, due the the changes in the market. The PS4 announcement seemed spot on (and sensible). Remember, the PS3 & 360 drove HDTV adoption. Right now there aren't really any games I can run a good looking settings at 30 FPS at slightly higher than HDTV resolution, on my 4 year old Phenom II X3 720BE & GTX 260. With consoles driving HDTVs there is no need to exceed 30 FPS.

The next generation of consoles isn't going to push graphics forward. This is certainly true of the PS4. The next Xbox is still wait and see, but expectations are low.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#2094 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

The thing that scares me about the PS4 is the DDR5. The GPU and CPU....not so scary. When the 360 came out I remember being quite in awe of the tri-core.
Its happened before. New consoles come out and my system is no longer relevant. I'm pretty sure that happened to me.
I played Morrowind on my Xbox. This is why I have this fear/complex people. MY XBOX.

I don't really think the DDR5 is going to make a major difference. I'm not an expert, but even someone commented on that.

"DDR5 does not equate to faster than DDR3. It's not the GHz or MHz. It's the timing and GDDR5 clocks of 1000 > 1600 MHz and DDR 3 clocks of 1600 > 2400 MHz means absolutely nothing when compared to each other."

I do think we'll see more 60 FPS console games though. Even on the PS3 and Xbox 360, there is a fair handful of games that run at 60 FPS. With the relatively minor performance difference with the APU and whatnot, I could see the FPS jumping up before the graphics jumping up on consoles.

bZ2g3eF.png

#2095 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Regarding GDDR5....

GDDR5 is a tweaked version of DDR3. It was tweaked for graphics cards to squeeze out more bandwidth at the cost of higher latency. For GPU pipelines this is a good trade, due to their structured processing, pipelines, and predictable access patterns. For CPUs this isn't a good trade since when the data CPU needs isn't in the L1/L2/L3 cache, that thread stalls for longer -- these stalls really hurt performance.

GDDR5 has been around for years in graphics cards, it's nothing to worry about.

The reason Sony went with GDDR5 is that it is important to GPU performance, and the software folks really wanted a unified memory so they wouldn't have to shoehorn their games into smaller split CPU/GPU RAM.

#2096 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Weekend Deal

Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack $12.49 75% off includes below
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto 3 $2.49 75% off
Grand Theft Auto 4 $4.99 75% off
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes from Liberty City $4.99 75% off
Grand Theft Auto Vice City $2.49 75% off
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas $3.74 75% off

Hmmm I believe we were just discussing GTA games on Wednesday :lol:

Alright who is the Valve spy?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2097 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

<.< >.>
Spoiler

#2098 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

That's why that tall dark and handsome guy asked me to spark GTA discussion on CAG...
...of course the envelope of cash didn't hurt either.

#2099 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

What? Nothing . . . NOBODY!

#2100 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:26 AM