Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Batman: Dark Tomorrow
Bloodrayne
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702 - Platinum Hits non-GOTY)
Freedom Fighters
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
I-Ninja
Indiana Jones
Inside Pitch 2003
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2
Minority Report
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
Nascar Thunder 2002
ODDWORLD
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
World Series Baseball
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

Gamecube
4x4 Evo 2
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
2002 Fifa World Cup
FreekStyle
Freedom Fighters
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
WrestleMania XIX

PS1
All Double-Packs
007 Racing
Blaster Master: Blasting Again
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt: Open Season
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Dukes of hazzard 2
Grand Theft Auto 2 (Greatest Hits)
MLB 2004
Mortal Kombat 3
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey
Rayman 2: The Great EscapeRocket Power: Team Rocket Rescue
SENTINEL: Returns
Spec Ops Stealth Patrol
Street Sk8er2
Syphon Filter 3
TENCHU: Stealth Assassins (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider II (Greatest Hits)
Tomb Raider Last Revelation
Treasure Planet
Warriors of Might and Magic

[quote name='"OP"']I couldn't believe they even had one in stock, but if you can find it @ a CC B&M it's definitely a steal at that price especially since it's brand new :)[/quote]

A few observations:

I have dicovered that many CC associates don't even know (or care?) about the sale. It may be possible that they will still sell you the sale games without a question.

In my expeience over the last few days "value stickers" appeared mostly on PS2 items first, followed for XB and GC.

Several of the 1.99 games have been found mixed in with the "greatest hits" section, so look there too.

[quote name='maccabee72']Ugh, my cheapness is getting the best of me and I'm about to head out to the closest CC, which is about 45 minutes from me.

I asked yesterday, and I didn't get a response, so I'm going to ask again: Have any CAGs hit the Pearland or Sugarland, TX CCs? I'm going to probably check out both of them in a little while, and someone could really help me out by telling me if it's going to be worth the trip. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Pearland, TX CC had multiple copies of LPT (PS2) and BG&E (GC) scanning at $1.99 as of Monday night. The list was much shorter then and copies of the other early titles I checked had UPC stickers over them.

Employee's generally don't care. I bought 7 games today and the cashier didn't even notice the prices. Of course, she then tried to give me the games with the security clamshells attached....but that's besides the point. ;)

Checked CC in Redmond, WA and Bellevue..

No such deal. Games seem to be all priced regularly. Tried several games on the list, all scanned displayed respective prices.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Employee's generally don't care. I bought 7 games today and the cashier didn't even notice the prices. Of course, she then tried to give me the games with the security clamshells attached....but that's besides the point. ;)[/QUOTE]

lol. they dont care.

Mojo for Xbox is also $1.99

I have had that happen with the security clamshells twice at Sears. The first time, I showed the guy that they were still attached and he thought they came wth the game!

Other than the LaPucelles I scored the other day, Mobile had nothing, save a copy of Project Eden that DIDNT have the sticker over the bar code... noticed about 7 or 8 games from the list, but all were stickered over, those stupid "screaming hot" deals

[quote name='lee']anyone raided the nyc circuit citys? is this deal still going on?[/QUOTE]

I went to the one on 86th, but they all had the stupid UPC stickers over the real UPC so none scanned at $1.99. They really didn't have anything good though. If you decide to go, let me know if you find anything worthwhile (unless you decide to take it all...)

[quote name='encendido5']I went to the one on 86th, but they all had the stupid UPC stickers over the real UPC so none scanned at $1.99. They really didn't have anything good though. If you decide to go, let me know if you find anything worthwhile (unless you decide to take it all...)[/QUOTE]

Our CC just plain suck, they just suck, dont bother going to the one in the gateway center, that store is fucking desolate.

[quote name='Eclipse']Checked CC in Redmond, WA and Bellevue..

No such deal. Games seem to be all priced regularly. Tried several games on the list, all scanned displayed respective prices.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gone to any other one, but the Bellingham, WA one has been good for quite a few games. I would imagine though, since a lot of these games were on the $5 sale, that the other stores just don't have any, hehe.

I guess that because my friends and I found out about the $5 sale like two days after it started, went to the Lynnwood, Everett, Bellevue and Redmond ones and came home with only a few games each. They are on the ball down south. ^_~

[quote name='CameronPhD']Pearland, TX CC had multiple copies of LPT (PS2) and BG&E (GC) scanning at $1.99 as of Monday night. The list was much shorter then and copies of the other early titles I checked had UPC stickers over them.[/QUOTE]

Cameron, did you clean them out, or are there still some left?

[quote name='nwaugh']Cameron, did you clean them out, or are there still some left?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I left some to share. I would guess there were at LEAST 4 LPT and 2 BG&E when I bought 2 LPT and 1 BG&E. Of course, this was 3 nights ago...they may have been purchased or stickered by now. There are clearly other folks in the Houston area with eyes on this site.

hey cheap asses i just got back from the CC sale and got a couple of things.
i am looking for certain things on the list from the sale so if i got something of interest... shoot me a PM

inside pitch 2003 XBX
triple play 2002 XBX x7
Beyond good and evil GC
kinetica ps2
Power Drome ps2
Jampack 11 ps2
Frequency ps2

im looking for RAD, Dino Crisis 3, Batman sin tzu LE and a couple more

i dont get it why are they putting stickers on the original price? isnt this a sale? so then no games are 2 bucks now? cause i wanted that batman

[quote name='DarkSayian']
triple play 2002 XBX x7
[/QUOTE]

Am I reading that right - you bought SEVEN copies of Triple Play 2002?

If so, good luck getting rid of those. They won't even qualify for any trade in deals at EB or Gamestop.

[quote name='lee']i dont get it why are they putting stickers on the original price? isnt this a sale? so then no games are 2 bucks now? cause i wanted that batman[/QUOTE]

Most of the $1.99 games are "value priced" games which typically have a generic barcode sticker over the "real" barcode printed on the game box. The generic barcode rings the game up at whatever price it says, usually $9.99 and up. The "real" barcode will ring the game up at $1.99. So the trick is finding the game that doesn't have the real barcode covered up with a generic sticker.

Rumors say that even the generic barcodes will ring up at $1.99 this Sunday when the sale "officially" begins, but who knows how true that is.

[quote name='CameronPhD']Nope. I left some to share. I would guess there were at LEAST 4 LPT and 2 BG&E when I bought 2 LPT and 1 BG&E. Of course, this was 3 nights ago...they may have been purchased or stickered by now. There are clearly other folks in the Houston area with eyes on this site.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. I missed the "Monday" part. I do appreciate that you didn't totally gut the place.

[quote name='lee']oh so this 1.99 sale was pose to start this sunday?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess. The last time this happened it was the same way - people starting discovering games ringing up for $4.99 a few days before the "official" sale was supposed to start. The employees had no idea it was going on and nobody had a real list until the sale started the next Sunday.

Again, its just speculation at this point, but thats probably whats going on here, too. They may also be adding more games to the clearance list that we either don't know about or aren't ringing up for $1.99 yet.

That's why I'm going to wait until Sunday to go.

[quote name='mmn']Am I reading that right - you bought SEVEN copies of Triple Play 2002?

If so, good luck getting rid of those. They won't even qualify for any trade in deals at EB or Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

yeah dude...you got owned by cc.

[quote name='lee']good looks thanos[/QUOTE]

???

How can even a three word post be completely nonsensical? Are you irrelevantly commenting on the physical attributes of someone called Thanos, or do you have something to contribute about the Circuit City sale?

[quote name='dinovelvet']???

How can even a three word post be completely nonsensical? Are you irrelevantly commenting on the physical attributes of someone called Thanos, or do you have something to contribute about the Circuit City sale?[/QUOTE]

I think he was thanking me for explaining this sale to him, and he called me by my avatar instead of my member title. Don't ask me why.

[quote name='mmn']I think he was thanking me for explaining this sale to him, and he called me by my avatar instead of my member title. Don't ask me why.[/QUOTE]

Because Thanos was the badass of all badasses! .......in the early 90s.......well.....wait......didn't he get killed by that orange guy.....adam warlock?....i'll shut up now......I hope yer right about the 1.99 sale.

[quote name='CameronPhD']Pearland, TX CC had multiple copies of LPT (PS2) and BG&E (GC) scanning at $1.99 as of Monday night. The list was much shorter then and copies of the other early titles I checked had UPC stickers over them.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from My CC adventure. I hit the Pearland store first and they had about 12 or 13 copies of BG&E (GCN) as of 6:45PM! I don't know if they restocked since you were there, but I've never seen that many copies of BG&E in one place. That was the only game I truly wanted, so I grabbed 3 copies...one for my self and two to trade here, since I have seen a bunch of posts looking for BG&E. All the other games I saw from the list there had the value sticker on them. I honestly hate that CC as they usually have games that are $19.99 everywhere else, still listed for $39.99 - $49.99

Next, I shot over to the sugarland CC. I grabbed 2 copies of Batman: Rise of Sin TZU(GCN) (large box with Lithograph)....once again, one for myself, one for trade. I also picked up 1 copy of Evil Dead: A fistful of Broomstick(PS2),3 different PS1 2-packs (Soul Reaver/BlasterMaster, Tomb Raider/Sky Diving extreme, and The Dukes of Hazzard/Pipe Dreams 3D) and 1 PS1 Tench-GH. They had a bunch of the games on the list at Sugarland also, but just like in Pearland, they all had the value sticker. There were still a bunch of PS1 2-packs there, but not much else.

Anyway, Not the greatest haul, but BG&E alone pretty much makes it worth it to me. There are about 10 copies of BG&E left at Pearland, so get there before they're gone. At both CCs, the cashiers seemed surprised by the price, but didn't make a big deal about it.

ok, so this deal "officially" starts on sunday? if so, i will be at my CC bright and early. they had a ton of games in the value bin that were on the list. (20-30). the only one that rang up at 1.99 was big mutha truckers, and i was in a rush, so i only got about 10 games scanned.

I stopped by the local CC yesterday.

I picked up:

Morrowind Xbox $1.99 (non-PH, non-GOTY)
Power Drome Xbox $4.99
Star Wars Bounty Hunter PS2 $1.99
007 Racing PS1 $1.99
Tomb Raider 2 PS1:GH $1.99
Tenchu PS1:GH $1.99

The CC I went to had multiple copies of some of the games on the list, but the ones without the barcode stickers on the back were ringing up "not in the system". I guess I got shafted on thsi one.

My Circuit City, I never remember seeing good games like Pucelle Tactics, I-Ninja, or Morrowind in a long time. My CC's value bin is pretty scarce, and the shelves barely have any games in the clearance list worth buying, but it had a few. All the games I picked up were the only ones left in my local CC thats on the list.

Those "Screamin Deals" stickers and CC's own UPC stickers that they stick over the original UPC are starting to bug me. I would've had

PS2
Whirl Tour - rang $9.99.
Haunted Mansion - rang $14.99.
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance - rang $9.99.

Xbox
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 - rang $16.99?!

but at the very least, I got up with Star Wars Bounty Hunter (PS2), Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (GC), and The Cat and the Hat. I just hope they are elgible for the trade 5, get $50 off new releases in the EB's promotions. Wow, thanks for the fast reply v :D v

Today's finds(all PS2):

Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick x2
I-Ninja
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter x3
Big Mutha Truckers
Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue
Cat in the Hat

I also snagged a Konami Preview disc.

A couple of hints from a CC employee regarding the deal.

First off, not every game listed work at every store at the low price. Some of these games are so old that they're no longer in the system. For example, at my store, some games will not ring up at all let alone at the low price.

Secondly, you're best bets are always the stores that are not that popular. My store has the most traffic out of all the stores in town and we only had a few of the games. Since these games are leftovers from the last clearance, we already went through most of the games so there wasnt much left.

Finally two games that havent been put on the list: Jeopardy and Street Hoops for the PS2. For those wondering, I traded in Jeopardy to Gamerush and got $10 of credit.

Just wanted to say, since I have yet to see these posted here, I checked two games on my second trip to CC today: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (PS2) and Drake (XB) rang up as $9.99 and $7.99 respectively, both without the added UPC.

Not that either of those were high on anyone's hopeful list, I imagine, heh. ;P

I decided to see what some places would offer in trade-in value for some of the games I bought at CC, and Cat in the Hat (PS2) is worth $9 and Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu is worth $7.50 in store credit at Wherehouse.com. It also seems like you can trade in more than one copy of each game.

I'd search out some more games, but dinner is ready. ^_^

I went to the CC in Henrietta (Rochester), NY today and I didn't even see one of the titles on the list there. Either someone beat me to them or CC pulled them.

[quote name='ogmaster']Secondly, you're best bets are always the stores that are not that popular. My store has the most traffic out of all the stores in town and we only had a few of the games. Since these games are leftovers from the last clearance, we already went through most of the games so there wasnt much left.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately for me, the "unpopular" store was the only one within 30 miles... and was one of the stores that closed recently.

[quote name='encendido5']I went to the one on 86th, but they all had the stupid UPC stickers over the real UPC so none scanned at $1.99. They really didn't have anything good though. If you decide to go, let me know if you find anything worthwhile (unless you decide to take it all...)[/QUOTE]

i got the last la pucelle from that store yesterday. i remembering seeing about 5 copies a month back so i'm guessing other cag's got em already. i got lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back