10%-30% Off Select Titles + $10 Coupon at GameStop.com - 5/24 new games & price drops

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]14809[/IMG-R]Save 10%-30% off select titles and get a $10 coupon towards future purchases. Spend $100+ and use coupon code 25DEAL to get an additional 25% off. Online only.

Highlights include:
:360::ps3: Super Street Figher IV $29.99
:ps3: God of War III $44.99
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii $34.99
:wii: Wario Land: Shake It $16.99
:ds: Glory of Heracles $12.99

icongs_r1.gif
All discounted titles with $10 coupon

Edit: Some people have had success using coupon code "2D15" to get 15% off and free shipping on a single item. Also, thanks for the clean-up, Cheapy!

Edit 2: Used games do qualify for the $10 coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChunkyLover78']does anyone know that if you canceled an order that had a $10 off future purchase, will the code be activated again? or do I have to contact them to send another code?[/QUOTE]

contact them

I went ahead and placed an order for Glory of Heracles (DS), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (used), Wario Land Shake It (Wii-used), Super Street Fighter IV (PS3), and Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3-used). I used the 10% Edge discount, 25DEAL, and SAVER codes stacked to bring the total to $89.17 with free shipping. I wish the $10 credits were far more intuitive to use, but can not argue with the incredible bargain this is.

Thanks again for letting us know that the deal was valid on the used copies also, CheapyD.

Well, I broke down again and ordered a SSFIV for 360 used. I'll return the one I got last week for ~$27 for this one. This time I'll be paying ~$22, and be getting a $10 coupon for free. :D I LOVE CAG.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I plan on flipping the NSMBs to GS for ~$40 in GS credit each[/QUOTE]

How are you getting $40 and not $35?

[quote name='dino88']How are you getting $40 and not $35?[/QUOTE]
I made a post in the GS TIV Thread. My district's Gamestops are doing something funky with their TIVs, and I got $39.25 for it today.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I made a post in the GS TIV Thread. My district's Gamestops are doing something funky with their TIVs, and I got $39.25 for it today.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. So it's YMMV. I just bought 1 copy of NSMB (w/Edge and a $10 code) to flip back as well. Hopefully the TIV sticks until we both get our shipments.

[quote name='dino88']Oh, okay. So it's YMMV. I just bought 1 copy of NSMB (w/Edge and a $10 code) to flip back as well. Hopefully the TIV sticks until we both get our shipments.[/QUOTE]
Even if it drops to the point of non-profit, we'll still be able to return them for our money back, and keep the $10 codes for free. It's one of the many reasons I'm loving Gamestop right now. :D

Yeah, we won't lose anything. It sounds like we had similar evenings. Is this how yours went?
1. Bought NSMB at BBV for $20
2. Traded in NSMB to GS for $35 (or $40 for you)
3. Use that credit on GS.com for the same game to flip back for an even bigger profit.

Sound about right?

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, we won't lose anything. It sounds like we had similar evenings. Is this how yours went?
3. Use that credit on GS.com for the same game to flip back for an even bigger profit.

Sound about right?[/QUOTE]
It's like you read my mind. :D

God I love this.

Picked up Wario Land: Shake It!!! Used for $5.xx after tax and shipping (no luck for the free shipping for me.) using a $10 promo code that I got off the UFC e-mail, and they are going to pay me $10 in credit to boot which I'll be using for a free game in the future most likely. Love it.

The only problem with my last order is that now one of my $10 codes is not working. I had 2 separate codes and I put them both in to see if they would both work on 2 different games, they did not. I removed the one code and checked out, but now when I go to place a new order with the unused code it no longer works.

Anyone experience anything like this before?

Assassins Creed 2 says in stock for used copy but there's no button to order it with?? Same with the 360 one and SSF4 360 used.

[quote name='dino88']The only problem with my last order is that now one of my $10 codes is not working. I had 2 separate codes and I put them both in to see if they would both work on 2 different games, they did not. I removed the one code and checked out, but now when I go to place a new order with the unused code it no longer works.

Anyone experience anything like this before?[/QUOTE]

Yes but after many times re-inputting it it worked again.

[quote name='J7.']Yes but after many times re-inputting it it worked again.[/QUOTE]
Thanks J7, I'll just try it again tomorr....ummm, later today.

I went to gamestop on monday to trade in some stuff for a DSi xl, the gamestops in my area are giving an extra 50% on games you trade in. I can also confirm I got 40 for NSMBWii after the 50% and edge. I ordered 2 more NSMBs to trade in, got each one for 21.xx after edge and using my 10$ coupons from a while back. I live in the DFW area BTW

I got shipping confirmation this morning, but no sign of the coupons. For anyone that's received them, did they go into your spam folder (I use gmail)? By force of habit I indiscriminately purge my spam, and I happened to do so this morning while not really thinking about it. I did it after only an extremely quick cursory glance at the contents. Not sure if they were sitting in there or not...

Sorry I'm completely new to buying from gamestop.com. I just have a couple of questions, hopefully someone can help me out. Does gamestop.com still promise complete used games with the manual and case? Also, if not, would I be able to exchange it at a gamestop B&M? Thanks!!

[quote name='jling84']Sorry I'm completely new to buying from gamestop.com. I just have a couple of questions, hopefully someone can help me out. Does gamestop.com still promise complete used games with the manual and case? Also, if not, would I be able to exchange it at a gamestop B&M? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

Operate on the assumption that your games will never come complete but that it's super easy to swap them out at a B&M store and you'll be on the right track. About 20-30% of the time I end up swapping in store on all current gen games. Anything past gen is more like 80-90% of the time.

I think I'm also the only person who has ever gotten all DS games ordered complete via gamestop.com in all of history.

Anecdote - I didn't like the condition of some cases I got recently from gamestop.com so I went to three different gamestops to see how the employees treated me when exchanging for something so trivial. Each one of them was extremely courteous and made an effort (sometimes a huuuuge effort) to find the best looking case they had in stock. Now all three are basically mint condition. ymmv of course but this has thus far been my experience with most gs stores.

[quote name='handsomepete']Anecdote - I didn't like the condition of some cases I got recently from gamestop.com so I went to three different gamestops to see how the employees treated me when exchanging for something so trivial. Each one of them was extremely courteous and made an effort (sometimes a huuuuge effort) to find the best looking case they had in stock. Now all three are basically mint condition. ymmv of course but this has thus far been my experience with most gs stores.[/QUOTE]

That tends to be the way it goes down for me as well... I've had employees go out of their way to look through a bunch of discs and cases to make sure I got the best ones they had on hand... of course, there ARE exceptions where I have to request that they do it, or they just don't even bother.

And thanks to everyone for letting me know about the coupons... was worried that I sent a bunch of $10 coupons to the e-trashcan -_-'

[quote name='dino88']Yeah, we won't lose anything. It sounds like we had similar evenings. Is this how yours went?

Sound about right?[/QUOTE]

careful about flipping games right back to gamestop, you could get blacklisted.

[quote name='backseatdog']careful about flipping games right back to gamestop, you could get blacklisted.[/QUOTE]
This is a bad thing?

[quote name='KolesRage']I got shipping confirmation this morning, but no sign of the coupons. For anyone that's received them, did they go into your spam folder (I use gmail)? By force of habit I indiscriminately purge my spam, and I happened to do so this morning while not really thinking about it. I did it after only an extremely quick cursory glance at the contents. Not sure if they were sitting in there or not...[/QUOTE]

according to my tracking #, my shipment has been delivered and I still don't have a code. If I don't have it tomorrow I am going to send an email, I have another order I want to put through and am waiting for this code so I can apply it

just picked up alan wake dante inferno and RE5 for 85 bucks after 25 deal and edge card for 85 bucks. with saver shipping came 91.50. had 78 GS credit cost 13 bucks total for 3 games. plus ill get my 10 coupon for dante.

good deal overall.

[quote name='miriamleo']What does Edge card do?[/QUOTE]

10% off used games instore and online. it's stackable with every coupon code. you have to sign up for one instore and you get a year's subscription to their game informer magazine, costs $15

I can't find this in the thread (if I missed it, I apologize), but what's the BEST combination of discount codes if I just want to order Glory of Heracles and get the free $10 coupon? I thought someone mentioned there was a code that worked for it...

[quote name='DavidDayton']I can't find this in the thread (if I missed it, I apologize), but what's the BEST combination of discount codes if I just want to order Glory of Heracles and get the free $10 coupon? I thought someone mentioned there was a code that worked for it...[/QUOTE]
D.C. Universe Collector's Edition + Glory of Heracles, 25DEAL, and cancel the D.C.U. after GoH ships.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']D.C. Universe Collector's Edition + Glory of Heracles, 25DEAL, and cancel the D.C.U. after GoH ships.[/QUOTE]

Won't they do something funny?

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but it looks like Amazon.com has matched the price and the $10 gaming credit. Not sure about any other promo codes to add on though. Sorry if this is old news. Great Deal

GOW3 and U2 FTW....

i received SSF4 via UPS and shrinkwrap is something that's re-wrapped by 3rd party machines, like gamestop.

i know that some new games are sealed this way, so is this how capcom sealed it? or did i receive used game sealed as new?

[quote name='Monsta Mack']How long in general does it take for you guys to get your $10 codes?[/QUOTE]

i think i saw it stated that it takes 48 hrs but i got my red dead credit today so i guess about a day.

[quote name='phantomer']i received SSF4 via UPS and shrinkwrap is something that's re-wrapped by 3rd party machines, like gamestop.

i know that some new games are sealed this way, so is this how capcom sealed it? or did i receive used game sealed as new?[/QUOTE]
Your copy is fine. That's how all the SSF4 copies are sealed so far.

[quote name='eau']Your copy is fine. That's how all the SSF4 copies are sealed so far.[/QUOTE]

Maybe from GS, but I have seen plenty of retail copies of the game in the regular Y Fold wrap at Fry's, Best Buy, etc...

[quote name='eau']Your copy is fine. That's how all the SSF4 copies are sealed so far.[/QUOTE]

This his how mine from Amazon look like.

[quote name='brother bendu']Can you use these giftcards in B&M stores, or is it just for online purchases? I just got SSF4 and never received these gift cards before.[/QUOTE]
Online only.

Put in an order for a used copy of SSFIV for $21.64 shipped using 20PRE and SAVER, since I have a lot of credit that I'm not doing anything with. I was going to pass, but I noticed Cheapy confirmed that the $10 credit is included with used games, so I went for it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Why does gamestop.com charge tax when you use an edge card? When i goto the store and use the edge card i am not charged tax. What gives?[/QUOTE]

it's just the way their website is setup, if you email them about it after making an order, they will generally refund you the tax. the only thing is if you used a gift card, they don't refund you on that card, they mail you out a new gift card for that cost. i know one CAG emailed them about all the orders he had made over a matter of months and ended up getting 10 different gift cards mailed out to him.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Why does gamestop.com charge tax when you use an edge card? When i goto the store and use the edge card i am not charged tax. What gives?[/QUOTE]

gamestop online and gamestop instore are like two complete different businesses, they never do anything the same really, different pricing, different promos, etc.

So I tried to order new super mario bros, and super street fighter with the 20pre and saver, and get my $10 coupons, amazing deal...Well 3 times my order was cancelled without any word except dumbass automated responses from gamestop.com. Called em to find out my shipping adress was off 2 letters from my billing adress...So the abbreviated side of town im on being on one of those got my order cancelled, and now super street fighter is unavailable online. Wow. Thought I'd share. Don't make same mistake kids. And don't do drugs.

bread's done
Back