$10 off PS All-Stars Battle Royale Vita, $10 off MLB 12 Vita, $5 off Nintendo Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)

Save $10 on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only. PS Vita only.
In store only.

$24.99 Mass Effect 3 for PC
Save $5. Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Save $5 on Any Nintendo Selects Wii Game
Offer valid for Reward Zone® Gamers Club members only.
In store only.

Get $10 off MLB 12: The Show for PS Vita
Step up to the plate and get ready for MLB 12: The Show. The fall classic is back and better than ever on the PlayStation Vita. For a limited time, members get $10 off.
In store only.

Offers expire 01/19/2013, in-store only!

You must "claim offer" on the MyRZ.com website or Best Buy smartphone app for the discount to show up. No need to print the coupon out. If done correctly a prompt should come up on the cashier's screen to accept the package discount.

*Offer(s) might be different depending on, if you are GC Unlocked, or GC Regular. All offers I post will be based on GC Unlocked since I am a GC Unlocked member*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']Has anyone tried to get a Max Payne 3 PM from Target ($49.99) and use the $20 off at BB? It'd be nice to get MP3 for $29.99.[/QUOTE]

They're gonna tell you "it's already cheaper than Target after the coupon". BB regards it as double-dipping. You can argue it but be prepared to waste a lot of time, in addition to looking like an ass in-store.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']So the Dirt 3 coupon won't work on the complete edition?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='georgebot84']Got Dirt 3 Complete for 21.xx yesterday using smartphone app. Did not even say a word, I just showed them the phone screen.

P.S. My @Gamer's club welcome package took almost two months to arrive after I had signed up.[/QUOTE]

Others have reported it as well but I'm too lazy to look them up. Ultimately though, it's YMMV.

[quote name='Chuck Stank']So the Dirt 3 coupon won't work on the complete edition?[/QUOTE]

Nope. It wont package out the 50% off unless its the vanilla. It will require manager override if its the complete edition.

I tried to get bb.com to do a price match on the Max Payne 3 coupon. I didn't think they would, but figured I would try until someone said no.

I called up and they couldn't PM since they didn't have access to the coupon so they transfered me to the RZ department. I talked to some guy who I could barely understand, and who seemed to have trouble understanding why my $59.99 order for MP3 actually said $49.99 (I used a RZ cert). After explaining it all to him, he just gave me $10 in RZ points.

I called them back after and just tried to PM the $49.99 price at Target this week, which I got.

Considering the pre-order bonus of $20, that works out to $20 out of pocket for Max Payne 3 on release day with the first map pack free. Probably the best deal I've gotten on a game since BB had Blur for $10 a few weeks after release a few years back.

[quote name='agorm429']Do you have to be a member of the Unlocked thing in order to price match Max Payne down to 40?[/QUOTE]

No

so basically to get the mp3 coupon do i just try to annoy the shit out of the csr on the phone until they give me what i want? this sounds like the best plan. If they don't give me the price adjustment i will just call them multiple times until they give me a "i feel sorry for you heres 20$ in reward certificate?" thanks guys 4 the ideas i try today:D.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I tried to get bb.com to do a price match on the Max Payne 3 coupon. I didn't think they would, but figured I would try until someone said no.

I called up and they couldn't PM since they didn't have access to the coupon so they transfered me to the RZ department. I talked to some guy who I could barely understand, and who seemed to have trouble understanding why my $59.99 order for MP3 actually said $49.99 (I used a RZ cert). After explaining it all to him, he just gave me $10 in RZ points.

I called them back after and just tried to PM the $49.99 price at Target this week, which I got.

Considering the pre-order bonus of $20, that works out to $20 out of pocket for Max Payne 3 on release day with the first map pack free. Probably the best deal I've gotten on a game since BB had Blur for $10 a few weeks after release a few years back.[/QUOTE]

I forgot I had DLC code coming. Guess I.know where that's getting sold.

[quote name='Enuf']

Please don't go nuke on the forums reps they REALLY REALLY help out alot. I know for a fact that they actually give a damn about pleasing customers way more than some of the staff. And it takes alot for them to clean up the corp. mistakes.
My word of advice is to usually go the forums route 1st if possible.

this is also the EXACT reason I've been pushing to get a CAG rep from BB, it would be so much easier for them(BB CAG team) to assist a smaller # of people in a timely fashion than just from a reg. CS team.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316573&page=4

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/An-Official-BestBuy-rep-joining-CAG/idi-p/475221[/QUOTE]

I didn't dump on the rep there, but DID share my amazingly bad experience with them there in a thread where someone else had the exact same problem.

If they want the club to succeed, they really are going to have to up their customer service, and improve GZ membership communication. In this day and age, there is no reason why a club membership packet shouldn't arrive within 2 weeks, tops. The magazine subscription I understand, since there are printing issues also involved.

I'd think the whole point of the welcome package is to get in touch right away with new members, since the mag has that built in delay.

There should also be a way to get the mag at the store free if a new membership is going to skip a month.

I like the discounts, but they really need to up their game and get this stuff corrected.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']so basically to get the mp3 coupon do i just try to annoy the shit out of the csr on the phone until they give me what i want? this sounds like the best plan. If they don't give me the price adjustment i will just call them multiple times until they give me a "i feel sorry for you heres 20$ in reward certificate?" thanks guys 4 the ideas i try today:D.[/QUOTE]it's really simple just buy MP3 again using the coupon so your receipt shows the $40 price then use the receipt to get the $20 back on your 1st purchase. Worse case scenario they ask why you don't keep the 2nd one & return the 1st that's where you tell them your brother got the 2nd you got the 1st. Just make sure they DO NOT RETURN/REBUY it's gotta be a price match/price adjustment which will be stated on the receipt itself.

[quote name='Gareee']I didn't dump on the rep there, but DID share my amazingly bad experience with them there in a thread where someone else had the exact same problem.

If they want the club to succeed, they really are going to have to up their customer service, and improve GZ membership communication. In this day and age, there is no reason why a club membership packet shouldn't arrive within 2 weeks, tops. The magazine subscription I understand, since there are printing issues also involved.

I'd think the whole point of the welcome package is to get in touch right away with new members, since the mag has that built in delay.

There should also be a way to get the mag at the store free if a new membership is going to skip a month.

I like the discounts, but they really need to up their game and get this stuff corrected.[/QUOTE]I got all those issues covered. If they give the welcome kits on the spot that's 1 less thing to worry about & it's in your hands day 1. You get the 1st mag free in-store & if they offer "house" coupons then even if the 2nd mag is late you still have access. Also, if at any point the mail is slow throughout the membership "house" coupons ensure a happy customer since they'll never miss out on a deal.

So I bought MP3 online for instore pick up. I got denied on the RZ price, thats fine.
But when I tried to PM to Target the rep told me they can't price match an item that has already been purchased. They said if it was a BB price it would be fine, but not for a competitor. That's the last time I pre-order a game on the best buy web site.
It's right there in the policy. Call the number during the return period, but nope - denied.

I preordered MP3 and I'm a Gamer Club Unlocked member, still haven't gotten my $20 gift card but it hasn't been 30 days yet either. I would like to take in my Target ad and get $10 back, would that effect me getting my $20 gift card at all?

Went to my local BB yesterday and no sign of Dirt 3 of any kind for PS3 or 360. I have a feeling they won't be restocking the original version.

[quote name='shadowrage']So I bought MP3 online for instore pick up. I got denied on the RZ price, thats fine.
But when I tried to PM to Target the rep told me they can't price match an item that has already been purchased. They said if it was a BB price it would be fine, but not for a competitor. That's the last time I pre-order a game on the best buy web site.
It's right there in the policy. Call the number during the return period, but nope - denied.[/QUOTE]F*** that call again get a different rep, if they BS get a supervisor to complete it. Tell them then exactly what the site says about competitor's pm'ing. Don't let them get away with that crap.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I preordered MP3 and I'm a Gamer Club Unlocked member, still haven't gotten my $20 gift card but it hasn't been 30 days yet either. I would like to take in my Target ad and get $10 back, would that effect me getting my $20 gift card at all?[/QUOTE]Yes, you can get $10 back via pm but just make sure they 'PRICE MATCH" it & don't RETURN/REBUY as this will effect your GC.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Went to my local BB yesterday and no sign of Dirt 3 of any kind for PS3 or 360. I have a feeling they won't be restocking the original version.[/QUOTE]yes, the original is probably gonna be phased out since the complete version will most likely get upgraded to GH shortly.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']thanks 4 the reply enuf so do you work at bestbuy headquarter or sumthing lol if not u should:D[/QUOTE]actually I'm self taught I shop at BB alot & in order to really succeed I needed to know the in/outs. Getting in good with the store reps was easy since I used to work at the mall so I knew some retail issues that they had going on. Also, since I pm items 4-10 times per month & always have the ads, receipts...they respect that my transactions go smooth. Some of the store clerks joined CAG and/or ask me for deals about their store LOL. I'd love to quit my job & work for them on a corp. level though since the $1000/month a spend in gas could be put to much better use than lining the oil companies pockets.

[quote name='Enuf']actually I'm self taught I shop at BB alot & in order to really succeed I needed to know the in/outs. Getting in good with the store reps was easy since I used to work at the mall so I knew some retail issues that they had going on. Also, since I pm items 4-10 times per month & always have the ads, receipts...they respect that my transactions go smooth. Some of the store clerks joined CAG and/or ask me for deals about their store LOL. I'd love to quit my job & work for them on a corp. level though since the $1000/month a spend in gas could be put to much better use than lining the oil companies pockets.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I seriously thought you worked at Best Buy. You have enough knowledge that everyone should come to you with questions, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Dude, I seriously thought you worked at Best Buy. You have enough knowledge that everyone should come to you with questions, lol.[/QUOTE]People pm me all the time on here, I don't mind just tryin to help rather everyone save, play, profit.

[quote name='Enuf']actually I'm self taught I shop at BB alot & in order to really succeed I needed to know the in/outs. Getting in good with the store reps was easy since I used to work at the mall so I knew some retail issues that they had going on. Also, since I pm items 4-10 times per month & always have the ads, receipts...they respect that my transactions go smooth. Some of the store clerks joined CAG and/or ask me for deals about their store LOL. I'd love to quit my job & work for them on a corp. level though since the $1000/month a spend in gas could be put to much better use than lining the oil companies pockets.[/QUOTE]

lol dats funny u know me than them

Anyone think there's slight chance Target would match the $40 MP3?

Wouldn't mind paying $40 cash for that plus the bonus GTAIV

I got an e-mail from best buy today about MP3 being on sale for $39.99. I printed out the e-mail, gave it and my receipt to customer service and it was price-matched with no problems

[quote name='jcp42877']Anyone think there's slight chance Target would match the $40 MP3?

Wouldn't mind paying $40 cash for that plus the bonus GTAIV[/QUOTE]

The targets in my area all tell me they dont price match. I stopped trying long ago.

[quote name='garrett007']Did anyone get their multiplayer map pack for preordering max Payne 3?[/QUOTE]

nope, nothing yet. I think the code was supposed to come yesterday?

[quote name='garrett007']Did anyone get their multiplayer map pack for preordering max Payne 3?[/QUOTE]The email I got from BB back on May 21 said "Your multi-player downloadable pack is estimated to arrive via email on or about 6/12/12." I haven't gotten anything yet. But I didn't see anything about it on the PS Store update yesterday and R*'s website simply mentions that the map pack is coming out in June. Nothing on R*'s Newswire even mentions an exact release date for the DLC either. So I guess the obvious answer is that R* simply hasn't released the DLC yet and therefore BB has no codes to send.

[quote name='PimpLimp']The email I got from BB back on May 21 said "Your multi-player downloadable pack is estimated to arrive via email on or about 6/12/12." I haven't gotten anything yet. But I didn't see anything about it on the PS Store update yesterday and R*'s website simply mentions that the map pack is coming out in June. Nothing on R*'s Newswire even mentions an exact release date for the DLC either. So I guess the obvious answer is that R* simply hasn't released the DLC yet and therefore BB has no codes to send.[/QUOTE]

That sounds right.

Today's the last day to PM if you bought on release, right? Hopefully they don't do a return re-buy, because I am interested in the DLC.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']That sounds right.

Today's the last day to PM if you bought on release, right? Hopefully they don't do a return re-buy, because I am interested in the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked MP3 up on May 20th but I will be PMing the Target ad price today. I wanted to wait around to see what the prices are gonna be in this Sunday's ads, but no one has posted the ad leaks yet...guess I can always PM a second time if necessary.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']That sounds right.

Today's the last day to PM if you bought on release, right? Hopefully they don't do a return re-buy, because I am interested in the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks God it is... I'm tired of seeing people just post about trying to milk more money out of their receipt from a fuckin month ago.

Seems like no one in this thread is legitimately buying MP3 for the first time. I'd rather see a few of those people posting about how we can get it cheaper than $40...not all these CS/PM stories...

[quote name='jcp42877']Thanks God it is... I'm tired of seeing people just post about trying to milk more money out of their receipt from a fuckin month ago.

Seems like no one in this thread is legitimately buying MP3 for the first time. I'd rather see a few of those people posting about how we can get it cheaper than $40...not all these CS/PM stories...[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to PM Target's ad at BBY for MP3 @$50 (buying it for the first time), then try to use the coupon too to hopefully get it down to $30. I'm sure this is going to be YMMV if I can pull it off, but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='jcp42877']Thanks God it is... I'm tired of seeing people just post about trying to milk more money out of their receipt from a fuckin month ago.

Seems like no one in this thread is legitimately buying MP3 for the first time. I'd rather see a few of those people posting about how we can get it cheaper than $40...not all these CS/PM stories...[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. This is the first time this game has dropped to $40 and all people are doing is complaining about how Best Buy and Target won't let them get the game for $30. Love it on CAG, but this sort of "scam as much as possible for $10 mentalty" is off putting. The deal is $39.99 at Best Buy. Coming in here to declare your intention of trying to trick someone at Target or Best Buy to give you the game for $30 is absurd.

That said, I did NOT buy the game at launch and am tempted to trade-in a few older titles to BBY to hit up their promo and use the credit on this.

[quote name='kellte2']That said, I did NOT buy the game at launch and am tempted to trade-in a few older titles to BBY to hit up their promo and use the credit on this.[/QUOTE]

Same here, trading in MW3 for $35 with their 100% bonus, then use a $5 cert, should just have to pay about $2 tax to get MP3. BB needs to keep these deals coming, they're taking all of my business.

[quote name='vanton619']I'm going to try to PM Target's ad at BBY for MP3 @$50 (buying it for the first time), then try to use the coupon too to hopefully get it down to $30. I'm sure this is going to be YMMV if I can pull it off, but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if anyone else was going to try this. I've been meaning to go check to see if this works but haven't had the time.

Keep us posted on here though, and even if it is YMMV, tell us if it works. :D

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Same here, trading in MW3 for $35 with their 100% bonus, then use a $5 cert, should just have to pay about $2 tax to get MP3. BB needs to keep these deals coming, they're taking all of my business.[/QUOTE]did you get it for $25 using the RZ coupon deal? If so, hella deal.

[quote name='Enuf']did you get it for $25 using the RZ coupon deal? If so, hella deal.[/QUOTE]

I can testify to doing this. I actually rebought MW3 for the $25 (using another $5 cert too) with intents to get back into the MP with friends, then resold it 3 days later when I saw the TIV jumped back up an I hadnt even played it again ONCE haha... $35.70 was too sweet a deal to pass up

So, your annoyance boils down to a timing difference?

And what's the "right" amount of money that one is able to get from a deal before it's "milking" it?

Is there any way to show them the coupon on your phone or something like that to get MP3 for $40? My printer broke a few days ago and not able to print out a physical copy of it.

[quote name='TheRock88']Is there any way to show them the coupon on your phone or something like that to get MP3 for $40? My printer broke a few days ago and not able to print out a physical copy of it.[/QUOTE]

It says on the ad you can show it on your phone with the "best Buy Mobile App". You could try that apparently.

[quote name='TheRock88']Is there any way to show them the coupon on your phone or something like that to get MP3 for $40? My printer broke a few days ago and not able to print out a physical copy of it.[/QUOTE]
You can just show them through your phone.

I actually showed them through the BB app on the phone. The instructions are there, and it automatically discounts the game as long as you are a RZ member.

Hope that feedback was sufficient.

So to be clear, I don't actually need a copy of the coupon to get the $20 off MP3, correct (also, I don't have a phone that can display it)? From what I can see after clicking "Claim Offer", the barcode that appears is simply the one associated with my RZ account, so I should be fine as long as my card is scanned when buying MP3, right?

[quote name='Vigilante']So to be clear, I don't actually need a copy of the coupon to get the $20 off MP3, correct (also, I don't have a phone that can display it)? From what I can see after clicking "Claim Offer", the barcode that appears is simply the one associated with my RZ account, so I should be fine as long as my card is scanned when buying MP3, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it should ring up after the cashier checks out the purchase.

[quote name='iduncurr']Yes, it should ring up after the cashier checks out the purchase.[/QUOTE]Thanks. Hopefully I can buy a second copy for $40 today and PM that for my release-week copy (ala enuf's method) and return the second copy this weekend. If not, I've got the Target ad as backup. :D

Pretty painless process with the app.

Personally I like this method of coupon delivery. It has to help curb fraud.

[quote name='Bosamba']Bought the only Turtle Beach XP500s tonight from the closest Best Buy. The box had some tears from where the plastic tab hangs from the display hook, but they're minor. I printed out the RZ coupon offer in the store using the coupon.

Unfortunately, when the gaming associate scanned the printout, the system was showing a "dublicate" error, meaning it thought I had already used the offer once. He called over a supervisor, who verified that I had in fact not already purchased an XP500 and had to do a manual override. Final price was $192.59.

TLDR: Tried to buy headset using RZ coupon, system needed a manual override from supervisor.[/QUOTE]

How much were the headsets before the tax and coupon? $249?

It took me a few days, but I finally got the price match over the phone with the $20 rewards zone coupon. I pre-ordered the game for in-store pickup and picked it up on that Friday after release.

I tried to do the price match over the phone Sunday night, but they said that their system was down. So I called Monday night and got a person who was hard to understand. He didn't know what to do, so he gave me a case number to follow and sent it to a higher troubleshooting level. I called again Wednesday to follow up, and that person said it still wasn't handled, but the customer service representative kept referring to me as a "valued customer"--probably because I had 9 other things on that particular order. She even put "valued customer" on the case notes. Finally, I got an e-mail and a call a few minutes ago saying that they are refunding $20+tax.

It was definitely good news to stack with the fact that I got out of jury duty early this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back