2004 FYE Trade-In Prices - LIST HERE (Farewell!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PrinceNeil'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, Culdcept still fetches $17 in trade in, I traded it just last week so I can confirm. Anyway I traded a few things in last night and here was my catch.

GTA Triple Pack for PS1-rang up at $.01 but the clerk overrode it to give me $5(same I spent at CC)
Golden Sun The Lost Age GBA- $7.50
Shadow Ops Red MercuryXBOX- $25 (bought at blockbuster for a lot less)
Tony Hawk 2x- $7.50
GoGo Hypergrind- $26 (isn't this obligatory at this point?)
REZ PS2-$15[/quote]

You traded in REZ?? You could have sold it for a lot more, or at least for cash instead of credit. I would have given you $20 FYE store credit for it.[/quote]

$25 :D

I figured I might as well get something for it before that stupid rerelease. I mean you know they aren't going to change the packaging or anything, they did the same thing with Skies of Arcadia Legends, stupid SEGA.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, Culdcept still fetches $17 in trade in, I traded it just last week so I can confirm. Anyway I traded a few things in last night and here was my catch.

GTA Triple Pack for PS1-rang up at $.01 but the clerk overrode it to give me $5(same I spent at CC)
Tony Hawk 2x- $7.50
REZ PS2-$15[/quote]

Thanks for the tip on shadow ops, I picked up 2 at blockbuster for $24 total and made $50 on the trade in. Thanks a lot for posting

[quote name='godzilla123']Being new to this thread I apologize if this was already discussed. EB's return policy on used games sucks. I think it is best to stick with Gamestop. At least you can get your money back within 7 days. Ex: If you get Pro Race driver from EB and take it to FYE. If you have the version of Pro Racer driver that comes up $5 or not in their system you are screwed. At least with Gamestop you can bring it back for cash or store credit.

Quick question. Has anyone run into any problems (or nosey managers wondering what you are up too.) with trading in the same game more than once at FYE? :lol:[/quote]

My local strawberries doesnt let you trade in more then one copy of a game at a time.

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, Culdcept still fetches $17 in trade in, I traded it just last week so I can confirm. Anyway I traded a few things in last night and here was my catch.

Tony Hawk 2x- $7.50
REZ PS2-$15[/quote]

Thanks for the tip on shadow ops, I picked up 2 at blockbuster for $24 total and made $50 on the trade in. Thanks a lot for posting[/quote]

Yeah, no problem. I picked up Shadow Ops because I thought it might be fun but it was just too hard, on even the lowest difficulty, to even enjoy. I called up FYE to check what it was worth and I was shocked when it was $25 for trade in. That is a lot better than you could do at one of the other stores.

I asked about trading in accessories last time I was there and they said that they only took games, no accessories or systems. I didn't ask specifically but I'm curious about something like the Eye Toy because it is packaged with the game...

[quote name='smalien1']Does anyone know if they buy accesories?[/quote]

at here they dont take accessories, not as big as EB games or gamestop so yea...

[quote name='godzilla123']Is it me or does it sem ps2 games get the short end of the stick on trade in value at FYE.[/quote]

It's just you. PS2 games like Culdcept, Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, RPG Maker II, Red Dead Revolver, and LaPucelle Tactics will still get you a good amount of trade-in credit. :wink:

All PS2
nfl street 7.50
Onimusha 2 8.50
Gran Turismo 3 7.50
Night shade 17.00
Psi Ops 5.00
Red Dead Revolver 25.00
Transformers 11.00
Van Helsing 11.00
Max Payne 2 14.00
NBA Street 2 15.00
Def Jam Vendetta 7.50

That sux. My FYE in Orlando, FL won't give trade in prices over the phone. And it's funny how the other day I went to see how much my games were worth. I said nothing about trading in and yet the clerk started inspecting every inch of my discs. Anyway...

Xbox- Espn NHL Hockey $17
Xbox- Deus Ex: Invisible War $11
Ps2- Clock Tower 3 $8.50
Ps2- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance $8.50
Ps2- Mark of Kri $6
Ps2- Haunted Mansion $17
Ps2- Parappa the Rapper 2 $6
Ps2- Chaos Legion $11
and get this Ps2 Espn NFL Football $1 !!!!!!!

I traded in two copies of Go Go Hypergrind for my brothers X-Mas gift, which was CE of Madden 2005, and the clerk didn't even look at the games. He said "Hah, these games are $8 at Gamestop, and we are giving you $26 nice find man." That was it... He sounded like he was kind of out of it...

Wow, I can't belive ESPN NFL Football (2K4 I'm guessing?) only gets $1 when they gave me $2 for ESPN NBA 2Night 2002 for Xbox which of course is a lot older.

Does Motor Trend work for XBox or just PS2? Also, will Coconuts give me the same value as FYE since FYE takes Coconuts credit (or so I've been told)? Thanks a lot.

[quote name='superhugebutt']Does Motor Trend work for XBox or just PS2? Also, will Coconuts give me the same value as FYE since FYE takes Coconuts credit (or so I've been told)? Thanks a lot.[/quote]

I don't think there was a Motor Trend Lotus Challenge on Ps2, unless you mean Pro Race Driver, in which only the XBOX version will ring up at $27 and you have to make sure it has the second UPC on it. There is a Motor Trend Lotus Challenge on Gamecube but I dunno it's value.

And yes, the trade in value at Coconuts is the same as FYE.

Thanks, man. I asked an EB clerk and he told me Lotus Challenge was only on PS2. Oh, well. I tried Pro Race Driver before, but I can't get GameStop's stickers off without peeling off that second UPC. Why, Codemasters? WHY?

I find it hilarious how they inspect the back of the disc, but not the front. I've traded in probably 10 cds to them in the past few months. I tried more, but multiple employees insisted that they were too scrached up. Anyway in July I traded in a cd in the wrong case. I didn't notice until a few weeks later when I looked for it. I later went back and traded the cd I wanted to trade in originally in the other cds case. They spend 1/2 minute carefully examining the front, but in neither case looked at the cd to see if it was the right one.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Wow, I can't belive ESPN NFL Football (2K4 I'm guessing?) only gets $1 when they gave me $2 for ESPN NBA 2Night 2002 for Xbox which of course is a lot older.[/quote]

yea it was 2k4 and to make matters worse I couldn't even trade it in at EB Games because it was on the excluded list.

Oh Yea! To those of you who trade in Go Go Hypergrind or Pro Race Driver. What if my FYE doesn't give the values I expect? Wouldn't I be screwed since I need to remove those EB stickers?

I'd think the thing to do in case you may have to return the games you buy is switch the cases with another game you own...wouldn't work on Pro Race Driver because of the bar code though.

Weekend update:

I traded in Fable about 2 weeks ago and Gamestop gave me $24.00 trade in credit. I had been to at least 5 gamestops within a 10 mile radius looking for quality trade ins at FYE. I manged to find black and Bruised (again) but had to get it new $14.99. (I also found Go Go Hypergrind twice but it was so scatched up I didn't bother.) I managed to get Star War/Tetris disc for $7.99 used. Went straight to FYE.

Black & Bruised $27.00
Star Wars/Tetris $26.00

This brings my fledgling trade in credit total at FYE to $126.50 and counting. ... :lol:

Anyone know the best way to get guaranteed CD's that aren't scratched to hell? Basically, I got served by some manager who had OCD of CD's and only took the game that were basically new from me.... so I want to find out a way to get the stickers, scratches, and ect off the cases so they might accept it next time.

Just a reminder that Best Buy has Splinter Cell PT and Red Dead Revolver for $20 this week, which means you can get them for $15 after GGC.

If the values still hold up, they will be $25 each at FYE. So if'n you wanna save about $15 (once you add in tax) on a $50 dollar title it's worth checking out

Oh and do you guys think that they would notice if I traded the games in DVD cases? I mean, would they say anything about it, because I think that's about the easiest way to rid the stickers, just switch the cases. Please LMK asap, cuz I really want to do this.

You might run into problems when using DVD cases on XBOX (different color scheme is hard to miss) games but I used DVD cases on a couple of PS2 games and they didn't blink an eye about it.

If you're talking Xbox games, I'd say that they'd notice. If you're trying with PS2 games, I've done it before and they haven't noticed (or cared...); the only time they said something was when I tried with an old Blockbuster rental case. Hope this helps, either way good luck.

Yea, I was talking about PS2 games. Anyway, thanks a lot. I'm gonna try to find some GC and XBOX cases while I'm at it too.

Traded in some stuff today

La pucelle $25
Chaos Legion $11
Dino crisis 3 $11
RE:DA $11

I held onto
hulk $7.50 (xbox)
MOH Rising sun $7.50 (xbox)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (XBox) - $11
Pac-man World 2/Pac-man Vs. (GC) - $8.50
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (XBox) - $7.50
Burnout 2 (XBox) - $7.50
XIII (XBox) - $7.50
Midnight Club 2 (XBox) - $7.50
Blow (DVD) - $4.00
The Fifth Element (DVD) - $5.00

One of those games listed as $7.50 was probably actually $8.50, but I don't remember which one. I know the final total was $59.50, but the numbers I listed add up to $1 less than that. Oh well...you get the idea.

Hit FYE earlier. They have a special going on for an undetermined amount of time, buy $25 or more of merchandise and get a $10 coupon off of your next purchase made in the month of November. THUG 2 has a $10 rebate on it, for those who are interested. Noticed that Go Go Hypergrind had dropped to a used price of $14.99; not sure of the trade value, though.

[quote name='superhugebutt']Hit FYE earlier. They have a special going on for an undetermined amount of time, buy $25 or more of merchandise and get a $10 coupon off of your next purchase made in the month of November. THUG 2 has a $10 rebate on it, for those who are interested. Noticed that Go Go Hypergrind had dropped to a used price of $14.99; not sure of the trade value, though.[/quote]

wow really, a YMMV deal?

Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2) is only $19.99 at Best Buy (this week only), which means you can get it for $14.99 with the GGC deal. The best part is, FYE will give you $26.00 for Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (PS2)!!!!!! :D

StriderTurbulence, are you keeping your list updated? There's like 100 new games and trade-in prices!

How would switching cases help? EB Games puts a white sticker over the case so they can tell if it has been opened or not. And they will not give you a refund if the seal is broken. I just don't wanna get some pro race drivers or motor trends and be stuck with them if the values are not what I expect at FYE.

[quote name='GundamFan']How would switching cases help? EB Games puts a white sticker over the case so they can tell if it has been opened or not. And they will not give you a refund if the seal is broken. I just don't wanna get some pro race drivers or motor trends and be stuck with them if the values are not what I expect at FYE.[/quote]

yea I had the same trouble here, I guess I got the other PRD on xbox it didn't come up on their system as they scanned it so the manager said they can't take it.

Stuff I traded in today
Alter Echo 6
Aggressive inline 7.50
Dave Mirra 7.50
Red faction 7.50
Bombastic 7.50
Devil may cry 8.50
Shadow ops red dawn 25!!!!!!!!!

I didnt trade in
Amplitude $6

Thanks for posting the Amplitude price, I thought it was going to be worth more and was going to take it in today hoping to get at least $12 but for $6 I'm not.

All PS2

Max Payne 2 - $14

Devil May Cry 2 - $7.50

GTA Double Pack - $17.00

Onimusha 2 - $8.50

The Suffering - $10.00

Tekken 4 - $8.50

Then, I threw in an extra Training Day DVD that I had lying around for another $4.00 .. :)

Total was $69.50

Not bad.

Extermination for PS2 gets $6, it is only $2.99 new at EB so it's an easy way to double your money.

I ended up getting a resealed copy but there was a huge slice in the middle of plastic on the front of the case (I didn't notice it until I took off the shrinkwrap). Luckily, they took it at FYE anyway though.

Stuff I traded in

Sphinx $6
NFL QB club 2002 $2
Soccer slam $12
Saltlake 2002 $4.50
Swing away golf $8.50
Maxpayne $7.50
Maxpayne 2 $14
Armed and dangerous $11 (xbox)

Stuff I didnt trade in
GTA VICE CITY $7.50
Splintercell PT $11 (xbox)
NFL 2k3 $1

Whirl Tour for PS2, $8.50

FYE started taking DS pre-orders today, it requires a $25 payment. I was worried they weren't going to carry the system but now I have something to spend all my trade in credit on :)

traded in go! go! hypergrind for $26 credit. got it for 13 new at gamestop

then used my credit and another $11.10 out of my pocket and bought a used copy of RE:2 (GC) for 34.99

i also get $10 off any purchase (no min.) between 11/1 & 11/20/04. not too shabby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back