2008-09 NHL Thread - Stanley Cup Finals begin May 30!!!

Christ... Calgary you suck.

Also, I found out through the commentators that Elisa Cuthbert dated Avery and is now with Phaneuf. God... she just lost a shit load of points.

So Avery is suspended indefinitely for comments he made about dating other guys girlfriends first... wow.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]This is hilarious. I don't even care that the NHL is out of line in suspending him for this, it's amazing.

Elisha Cuthbert is a fucking groupie NHL whore... every article I read about her she is nailing a different hockey player.

Hillary Duff is the next Hockey Ho in training... but let me digress.

This is the best sports story of all-time it's so retarded.

What's next? A-Rod fined cause of something heard on TMZ? Perez Hilton throws out the first pitch for the Dodgers next season?

Pop culture and professional sports should have separation.
[/FONT]

[quote name='DestroVega']So Avery is suspended indefinitely for comments he made about dating other guys girlfriends first... wow.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]This is hilarious. I don't even care that the NHL is out of line in suspending him for this, it's amazing.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Elisha Cuthbert is a fucking groupie NHL whore... every article I read about her she is nailing a different hockey player.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hillary Duff is the next Hockey Ho in training... but let me digress. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]This is the best sports story of all-time it's so retarded.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]What's next? A-Rod fined cause of something heard on TMZ? Perez Hilton throws out the first pitch for the Dodgers next season?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Pop culture and professional sports should have separation. [/FONT]
[/quote]

What fucking pisses me off is that Bettman can suspend a guy indefinitely for some silly comment off the ice, but only hands out a 3-game suspension to someone who nails another player from behind, potentially ending his career? fucking ridiculous.

lolcry.gif
Oh god... oh man... Christ, that... was... hilarious... ! and he got suspended for it. L... M... A... O...!

Must watch again!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NQB6ul2kzw[/media]

[quote name='siderealshift']
By the way, Phaneuf... a -3 last night? Ouch.[/quote]

Yeah, he certainly did not help my fantasy stats.

[quote name='siderealshift']Pretty tasteless. I wouldn't be surprised to see him kicked off the Stars sometime in the near future.

By the way, Phaneuf... a -3 last night? Ouch.[/quote]

he is done. Tippett and guys like Modano want nothing to do with him now. Modano i think was stated as he would rather retire than step on the ice with him again. Tippett doesnt even recognize him as part of the team anymore.

I have to partially blame the stupid media too. They instigated this with a dumbass question and of course avery like John Rocker is going to give a dumbass remark....and i really dont think avery was at all serious anyway. The guy likes to get under peoples skins. Its what he does. stil doesnt give him an excuse though.

I cant wait to see how the brain genius known as Gary Betteman handles this one.

[quote name='integralsmatic']he is done. Tippett and guys like Modano want nothing to do with him now. Modano i think was stated as he would rather retire than step on the ice with him again. Tippett doesnt even recognize him as part of the team anymore.

I have to partially blame the stupid media too. They instigated this with a dumbass question and of course avery like John Rocker is going to give a dumbass remark....and i really dont think avery was at all serious anyway. The guy likes to get under peoples skins. Its what he does. stil doesnt give him an excuse though.

I cant wait to see how the brain genius known as Gary Betteman handles this one.[/quote]

Yeah, it sucks for a classy guy like Modano to even have to deal with this shit. Tippett, too. In their comments to the media they've been trying not to say anything bad about Avery, but you can tell that they're already fed up.

I want to know whose genius idea it was to give Avery a four-year GUARANTEED contract. I think Brett Hull needs to be demoted from co-GM back to "Ambassador of Fun".

[quote name='siderealshift']
I want to know whose genius idea it was to give Avery a four-year GUARANTEED contract. [/quote]

lool, that's almost as funny as the 49ers signing Alex Smith for an insane amount and then going with all the better backups.

Hull was a tOOl on ice and is one off the ice too.

[quote name='integralsmatic']I cant wait to see how the brain genius known as Gary Betteman handles this one.[/QUOTE]

I can see it now. He will announce the genius move of moving a Canadian franchise to Puerto Rico!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='integralsmatic']I have to partially blame the stupid media too. They instigated this with a dumbass question and of course avery like John Rocker is going to give a dumbass remark....and i really dont think avery was at all serious anyway. The guy likes to get under peoples skins. Its what he does. stil doesnt give him an excuse though. [/QUOTE]
Actually, no. Avery wasn't even being interviewed, he approached some reporters and asked if the camera was on. Then without being asked anything he started talking.

Things weren't looking good for LA after that first period when Edmonton went up 3-0. I had flashbacks of the recent 6-2 thrashing in Calgary (well, feared it would end up like that anyway- can't have flashbacks to a game I didn't see since it wasn't on TV). But the Kings got 4 in the second period, and LaBarbera only allowed 1 goal, but the Kings lost the shootout. At least they salvaged a point. They play Columbus on Saturday night, while Edmonton goes up to San Jose.

Entertaining game between the BlackHawks/Wings last night. Wings won in the shootout, but Chicago really played well. Towes scored a real beauty. Its great to have the Hawks playing real hockey again.

Here is a pic from my TV after Ladd scored. Love the two fans right in the front. Click it and get a closer view. :lol:

[quote name='dafoomie']Actually, no. Avery wasn't even being interviewed, he approached some reporters and asked if the camera was on. Then without being asked anything he started talking.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Avery is such a cocky douchebag! He makes the comment about players falling for his sloppy seconds, but isn't Mike Modano married to one of his exes? Thats a good way to piss off the most respected player on your team!

I thought it was great when the Stars came into Boston to play my Bruins and they (Avery and Ott) thought they could take it to the B's but ended up gettin their asses WHOOPED! I will always remember the open ice hit Ference put on Ott and watching Savard jump on top of Avery and pummel him in that corner scrum. Classic stuff. I think it was after that game that Modano made those comments about Avery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XQmuPGS7w

When is Avery gonna realize that girls only get with him cuz he a rich NHL player and then they leave once they realize how much of an asshole he really is. Its pretty sad that Avery could actually be a good player, but hes so focused on being an idiot that his antics are actually detrimental to his team.

That Wings/Hawks game must have been a great one to be at. They were 4-4 when I checked then OT.

As for the Sharks, turns out they are human after all, win streak over at 9. Although they did make history with the most wins in... 26 games?

Edit:

[quote name='brewin']He makes the comment about players falling for his sloppy seconds, but isn't Mike Modano married to one of his exes? [/quote]

bwahahahaahahahhahahaha!!!! LMAO!

[quote name='brewin']
When is Avery gonna realize that girls only get with him cuz he a rich NHL player and then they leave once they realize how much of an asshole he really is.[/quote]

If they don't see it right off the bat their idiots... then again, I'm talkin to a wall.

[quote name='brewin']Its pretty sad that Avery could actually be a good player[/quote]

Oh god... make it stop! Ur so funny.

[quote name='VipFREAK']

Oh god... make it stop! Ur so funny.[/QUOTE]

I know, I know....he str8 up sux, but you gotta give him some credit for getting to the NHL!

[quote name='brewin']He makes the comment about players falling for his sloppy seconds, but isn't Mike Modano married to one of his exes?[/quote]

I don't think that's true. Modano is married to Willa Ford -- I don't think she was ever with Avery. (If that was true, this would be an even bigger shitstorm.)

[quote name='brewin']Its pretty sad that Avery could actually be a good player, but hes so focused on being an idiot that his antics are actually detrimental to his team.[/quote]

That's very true. I went to the Stars' first game of the season, and Avery looked like absolute shit. He's not a great skater in the first place, but positioning, puck handling... just about everything about his play was awful. Lately, though, he had been playing much better -- all around, he's not horrible. He takes way too many stupid, pointless penalties, though.

And he is a huge douche bag. I can't believe Brett Hull is defending him, saying he needs psychiatric help or whatever. What he needs is a foot up his ass.

[quote name='brewin']Wow. Avery is such a cocky douchebag! He makes the comment about players falling for his sloppy seconds, but isn't Mike Modano married to one of his exes? Thats a good way to piss off the most respected player on your team!

I thought it was great when the Stars came into Boston to play my Bruins and they (Avery and Ott) thought they could take it to the B's but ended up gettin their asses WHOOPED! I will always remember the open ice hit Ference put on Ott and watching Savard jump on top of Avery and pummel him in that corner scrum. Classic stuff. I think it was after that game that Modano made those comments about Avery.

When is Avery gonna realize that girls only get with him cuz he a rich NHL player and then they leave once they realize how much of an asshole he really is. Its pretty sad that Avery could actually be a good player, but hes so focused on being an idiot that his antics are actually detrimental to his team.[/QUOTE]
My video is better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6wQRnnT8o

I don't think Avery went out with Willa Ford, her exes are Chuck Liddell and the straight backstreet boy. It was after that game that Modano called him and Ott idiots and whatnot.

TC... what happened? :D

Oh well. Just goes to show you that great goaltending can you win games. If Marty Turco could consistently play like that the Stars wouldn't be where they are right now.

Today's a good day for hockey. The Kings game is on now, so I get to watch that and then get back to CBB Arena tonight to watch the Reign play after missing the 2 games last weekend due to my friend who has the season tickets being sick.

Kings are looking good against Minnesota right now after dominating St. Louis for the 3rd time this season the other day. Hopefully Minnesota's offense continues to struggle so the Kings don't have to score too much on Backstrom, one of my fantasy team goalies, LOL. ;)

Wow, Sharks came back and won. Didn't see that coming. Totally expecting a loss. Oh and LMAO at the SARS/Preds game. I knew the SARS would lose, but not like that. DAMN

[quote name='siderealshift']TC... what happened? :D

Oh well. Just goes to show you that great goaltending can you win games. If Marty Turco could consistently play like that the Stars wouldn't be where they are right now.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was away for business this weekend and didn't see anything. Looking forward to the Wings/Sharks game Thursday night.

I like Marty, but it doesn't matter what he does against the Wings the rest of his career. He will never live this down.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CD84qo9Eo[/media]

[quote name='TC']I like Marty, but it doesn't matter what he does against the Wings the rest of his career. He will never live this down.[/quote]

Just like the Stars will never live those jerseys down. Jesus....

I think in his career Turco has maybe a 0.200 win ratio against the Wings. Maybe. It's well documented how crappily he plays against them, which is why it was shocking that the Stars won that game.

The Kings practically doubled the Sabres' shot total but lost 5-0. fucking Jason LaBarbera. Jonathan Quick played in his first game this season. I really hope Ersberg's groin heals quickly.

And the worst part about that game was that we dominated the first period (like 25-5 shot count) and still didn't score. Nittymaki was a monster yesterday. If it wasn't for him we might've only lost 7-5 or so.

bread's done
Back