2009/2010 NFL Thread - Combine Time - Draft 4/22 -

[quote name='KingBroly']If anyone knows a guy...just...you know...

EDIT: THANK GOD! Delhomme just got benched![/QUOTE]

Just so you know.....that 2010 1st rounder belongs to the 49ers......GO JAKE!

[quote name='ph33r m3']Just so you know.....that 2010 1st rounder belongs to the 49ers......GO JAKE![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. We were trying to figure it out here, but it couldn't come to us.

EDIT: OH SHIT! DOWN GOES MCCOWN! Delhomme coming back in?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a crazy ending in the Bengals/Broncos game. Luckily I saw the last few minutes.

The Jaguars played a game they could've won if they had a passing game. The Colts are only gonna get better on offense with a few more games.

If you had Peterson, Brees and/or the Eagles Defense today, and you lost your FF game this week...you clearly suck at it.

The Redskins lost, as expected. How to improve.
- On 3rd down, the DB's need to play closer. Every time it seemed like the Skins DB's were playing so far behind the Giants WR's, allowing them to get lots of conversions.
- Start building a younger OL. The OL is old and busted right now, and has been for a few years. It's only been getting worse.
- See what Campell was doing when the team was moving down the field? He needs to do more of that. Not making illegal forward passes to opposing DB's.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you had Peterson, Brees and/or the Eagles Defense today, and you lost your FF game this week...you clearly suck at it.[/QUOTE]

I've got Eagles D/ST and Peterson. Needless to say I'm destroying.

I thought McNabb might be able to play through the pain next Sunday but there are some reports saying that he's out. We'll see though, got a whole week to go.

Also, Jay Cutler is having a rough start to say the least. Looks like that Defense is already getting under his skin.

I haven't played fantasy football in a long time. The last time I played Fantasy Football, I went 14-0 in the Regular season and lost the first week of the playoffs and finished 3rd. BTW, I usually picked McNabb as my starter and he did well.

I'll probably play Fantasy Football next year. Yeah, the Bears...don't look strong. They looked good last year, but that might be because the Packers had a ton of injuries. Also, I think the Lions have a good shot at a win next week.

Hey, did you guys see the end of the Eagles game? The game was pretty much over but the Panthers went from a 4 and goal on the 3 yard line, that prompted the Eagles to put back in their first string defense to stop them.

Such dicks those Eagles are, the game was already won they should have allowed the Panthers to score so that no one feels bad about the loss. No respect these days, no respect at all.

The play the Bears just made in the Bears-Packers games was one of the most bizarre ones I've ever seen. Leading 12-10 in the fourth, facing 4th and 12 from the their own 30 or so, they tried a fake punt which got snuffed out well short of the first down. Smith then challenged saying there were 12 men on the field, which there weren't.

Utterly bizarre sequence, I'm curious to see the explanation. Maybe a player audibled to it?

Niners 1-0. Huge win to start the year. Hill looked real good and the TD scoring drive. The defense also played well. Great way to start the season.

Good win for the Packers. After the bullshit illegal contact call, I thought we were going to see another heartbreaking loss like we did so many times last . Thankfully, the Packers' D continued to rape. The defense looked just as great as it did in the preseason.

Yeah, both the Packers and Bears defense looked amazing. I dont know how much of it was due to both offensives sucking ass though. There were times where I thought Jay Culter was trying to throw a INT. He was forcing passes into every place possible.

This is what happens when you dont have Brandon Marshell to throw to I guess.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you had Peterson, Brees and/or the Eagles Defense today, and you lost your FF game this week...you clearly suck at it.

The Redskins lost, as expected. How to improve.
- On 3rd down, the DB's need to play closer. Every time it seemed like the Skins DB's were playing so far behind the Giants WR's, allowing them to get lots of conversions.
- Start building a younger OL. The OL is old and busted right now, and has been for a few years. It's only been getting worse.
- See what Campell was doing when the team was moving down the field? He needs to do more of that. Not making illegal forward passes to opposing DB's.[/QUOTE]

They need a new QB. They should have gotten Cutler from Denver (even though Cutler looked liked crap tonight) when they had a chance. Jason Campbell is garbage.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey, did you guys see the end of the Eagles game? The game was pretty much over but the Panthers went from a 4 and goal on the 3 yard line, that prompted the Eagles to put back in their first string defense to stop them.

Such dicks those Eagles are, the game was already won they should have allowed the Panthers to score so that no one feels bad about the loss. No respect these days, no respect at all.[/QUOTE]

Are you being serious about a team "letting" another team score?

That would be a horrible move on their part. The Panthers played horrible today and did not deserve to score again anyway.

thank the gods for that 50 yard bomb to jennings, i have a chance in my fantasy game now. i have moss and lt tomorrow.

glad to see the 49ers start off with a win against the cards. they struggled for a lot of the game, but when it counted they got the job done. if they can get more consistent the nfc west is theirs.

[quote name='DomLando']They need a new QB. They should have gotten Cutler from Denver (even though Cutler looked liked crap tonight) when they had a chance. Jason Campbell is garbage.[/QUOTE]

Campbell can have flashes of brilliance, but he also has a few stupid moments, too. His main problem is overthrowing his receivers...A LOT. I'd say a good 85% of the time he throws an incompletion it's overthrown.

[quote name='DomLando']Niners 1-0. Huge win to start the year. Hill looked real good and the TD scoring drive. The defense also played well. Great way to start the season.[/QUOTE]I wouldn't say he looked real good. He was messing up on a few short passes. I know he was getting rushed but still, if he's going to throw a hella short pass he should at least reach the reciever and give him a chance to make a play instead of basically spiking it.

I want it to be next Sunday already, can't wait see them play the Seahawks.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you had Peterson, Brees and/or the Eagles Defense today, and you lost your FF game this week...you clearly suck at it.[/QUOTE]

On my keeper league team, I have the Eagles D but I didn't start them because I figured I'd start the Texans D since they were hosting a rookie QB, and the Panthers have weapons in Smith and DeAngelo Williams. Didn't think Delhomme would have flashbacks to the playoff game last year. I will lose that game unless Wes Welker gets a 20-point performance tomorrow night since Gerrard, Willie Parker, and Forte all had sub-10 point performances for me this week.

With my league I have Peterson in (single season league,) the other guy had Brees. My other players refused to show up (Slaton, Donald Driver, T. J. Houshmenzadh, Willie Parker, Greg Olsen, Steve Breaston) while he got good performances from Greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, and Ryan Longwell. I should have started Justin Gage, but I won't make that mistake again.

I will lose that game as well, unless the Patriots D and Phillip Rivers can score over 41 points and Welker/Fred Jackson get shut down.

[quote name='bvharris']The play the Bears just made in the Bears-Packers games was one of the most bizarre ones I've ever seen. Leading 12-10 in the fourth, facing 4th and 12 from the their own 30 or so, they tried a fake punt which got snuffed out well short of the first down. Smith then challenged saying there were 12 men on the field, which there weren't.

Utterly bizarre sequence, I'm curious to see the explanation. Maybe a player audibled to it?[/QUOTE]

It was confirmed later in the telecast that the long snapper audibled to the fake punt because he thought the Packers had 12 men on the field and that it would be a free play.

The Packers did originally have 12 men on the field, but Clay Matthews Jr. got off the field about 3 or 4 seconds before the snap happened.

I guess I have a 90% shot of kissing the playoffs goodbye as I doubt the Bears are going to be able to beat the Steelers next week, and if that's the case, will start at the dreaded 0-2.

Although the Denver game was the best game this week IMO, I was irked by the play of Kyle Orton. I have Eddie Royal on my fantasy roster and was quite pissed to know that he was barely targeted in the game. Kyle Orton (from Purdont) threw about every ball to Brandon Marshall in double and triple coverage all game (no wonder why he couldn't catch balls) i.e. the last play which stokley took the tip ball to the house... while Royal and Stokley were open the majority of the game. Hopefully coaching gets in his ears to check down receivers.:roll:

[quote name='MSUHitman']On my keeper league team, I have the Eagles D but I didn't start them because I figured I'd start the Texans D since they were hosting a rookie QB, and the Panthers have weapons in Smith and DeAngelo Williams. Didn't think Delhomme would have flashbacks to the playoff game last year. I will lose that game unless Wes Welker gets a 20-point performance tomorrow night since Gerrard, Willie Parker, and Forte all had sub-10 point performances for me this week.

With my league I have Peterson in (single season league,) the other guy had Brees. My other players refused to show up (Slaton, Donald Driver, T. J. Houshmenzadh, Willie Parker, Greg Olsen, Steve Breaston) while he got good performances from Greg Jennings, Percy Harvin, and Ryan Longwell. I should have started Justin Gage, but I won't make that mistake again.

I will lose that game as well, unless the Patriots D and Phillip Rivers can score over 41 points and Welker/Fred Jackson get shut down.[/QUOTE]

With the Patriots this year, you're going to hear the word "over" a lot. Why? The Defense is terrible. I hope you get a better pickup for when the Eagles have a bye, because the Pats Defense is horrendous.

[quote name='DT778']I wouldn't say he looked real good. He was messing up on a few short passes. I know he was getting rushed but still, if he's going to throw a hella short pass he should at least reach the reciever and give him a chance to make a play instead of basically spiking it.

I want it to be next Sunday already, can't wait see them play the Seahawks.[/QUOTE]

On a whole throughout the game he made some questionable decisions and a few bad throws. But he did not throw an INT and he was 9/13 on that drive they scored on to take the lead. I just think he did a great job on that drive finding the open man and getting them down field. Before that drive they had 4 or 5 three and outs in a row.

The Niners do have a bunch of things to work on. The return game was horrible, the o line struggled with pass protection and run blocking, and obviously they need to do a better job running the ball in general. I did hate some of the play calls as well. When they were trying to run the clock out and had the ball deep in there own territory on 3rd and 3 you run a draw??!! They ran on third down a few times throughout the game. It was just poor play calling. They had to know that they were not getting anything with the run game. I am not saying abandon it totally but don't try and trick a team on 3rd and whatever with a draw when you can hardly gain a yard or so per run throughout the game. I also don't like these "trick plays" they try and run. Like the reverse on the punt return or kick return (forgot which one is was). They never seem to work for the Niners and they use them in spots where it's just not necessary.

Overall though I am just happy that they got a win in Arizona but they still need a lot of work.

[quote name='KingBroly']Campbell can have flashes of brilliance, but he also has a few stupid moments, too. His main problem is overthrowing his receivers...A LOT. I'd say a good 85% of the time he throws an incompletion it's overthrown.[/QUOTE]

I have really never seen Cambell play well, where I said wow this guy is going to be a legit starter. He seems to not have a good pocket presence and he is very inaccurate as you stated. He is an ok starter but I think he is better fitted as a backup. If the Redskins want to compete in the NFC East they need a new QB.

[quote name='lordopus99']Although the Denver game was the best game this week IMO, I was irked by the play of Kyle Orton. I have Eddie Royal on my fantasy roster and was quite pissed to know that he was barely targeted in the game. Kyle Orton (from Purdont) threw about every ball to Brandon Marshall in double and triple coverage all game (no wonder why he couldn't catch balls) i.e. the last play which stokley took the tip ball to the house... while Royal and Stokley were open the majority of the game. Hopefully coaching gets in his ears to check down receivers.:roll:[/QUOTE]

broncos bengals the best game of the week? it must have been the only one you watched. i had royal as well. after ortons performance this week and the preseason (and the return of marshall) ive dropped him from my roster and picked up earl bennett. i dont have high expectations for either, they both would be my 4th receiver.

[quote name='cgarb84']http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagot...her-out-for-the-season-with-wrist-injury.html

Well I just feel like I got punched in the balls. I had playoff expectations for my Bears this season but those are now all but destroyed. Man this sucks.[/QUOTE]

thats a real bummer for the bears. it was obvious that after he left the game the packers were able to exploit the bears D significantly more than before. the article says it is a wrist dislocation which doesnt seem so bad. my guess is that its going to need surgery.

Well, at least my 'Skins didn't completely roll over and die. Giants are a tough team, no shame in losing to them, but the 'Skins are going to have to give Jason Campbell a chance to actually succeed if they are going to compete in the NFC East.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA'] thats a real bummer for the bears. it was obvious that after he left the game the packers were able to exploit the bears D significantly more than before. the article says it is a wrist dislocation which doesnt seem so bad. my guess is that its going to need surgery.[/QUOTE]

Reports are he has already had surgery this morning. So yeah real bummer for us Bears fans.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm pretty sure Marc Bulger could have an open-and-shut lawsuit against the Rams for creating an unsafe work environment.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: :rofl: I love this statement. I know of a lot of QBs that have played for my Lions that could do this.

Now, to win my office pool I need the Chargers to continue their winning streak against the Raiders and I will be spending part of my winnings on some games coming out soon.

[quote name='DomLando']On a whole throughout the game he made some questionable decisions and a few bad throws. But he did not throw an INT and he was 9/13 on that drive they scored on to take the lead. I just think he did a great job on that drive finding the open man and getting them down field. Before that drive they had 4 or 5 three and outs in a row.

The Niners do have a bunch of things to work on. The return game was horrible, the o line struggled with pass protection and run blocking, and obviously they need to do a better job running the ball in general. I did hate some of the play calls as well. When they were trying to run the clock out and had the ball deep in there own territory on 3rd and 3 you run a draw??!! They ran on third down a few times throughout the game. It was just poor play calling. They had to know that they were not getting anything with the run game. I am not saying abandon it totally but don't try and trick a team on 3rd and whatever with a draw when you can hardly gain a yard or so per run throughout the game. I also don't like these "trick plays" they try and run. Like the reverse on the punt return or kick return (forgot which one is was). They never seem to work for the Niners and they use them in spots where it's just not necessary.

Overall though I am just happy that they got a win in Arizona but they still need a lot of work.[/QUOTE]That play really pissed me off. They were playing to not lose instead of to win. Jimmy Raye needs to step up his play calling. His run, run, pass play calling was predictable.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Such dicks those Eagles are, the game was already won they should have allowed the Panthers to score so that no one feels bad about the loss. No respect these days, no respect at all.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the F in NFL stands for "Football" and not "Feelings" right?

This is Sean McDermott's first year as defensive coordinator. He was making a statement by making sure the Panthers did not score on that drive. He was also probably doing it out of respect for Jim Johnson, the former defensive coordinator that we lost to cancer in the off season.

The Panther's feelings are the least of their concerns.

[quote name='DT778']That play really pissed me off. They were playing to not lose instead of to win. Jimmy Raye needs to step up his play calling. His run, run, pass play calling was predictable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was watching the game with my brother and we were calling every play before it was ran.

[quote name='DomLando']I have really never seen Cambell play well, where I said wow this guy is going to be a legit starter. He seems to not have a good pocket presence and he is very inaccurate as you stated. He is an ok starter but I think he is better fitted as a backup. If the Redskins want to compete in the NFC East they need a new QB.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that this is the first time Campbell has played in the same offensive scheme for 2 seasons in a row. He looked pretty good at the start of last season, but fell apart halfway through. I'm not trying to give him excuses though. He overthrows his receivers a lot, I'm guessing because he's a tall QB and his receivers are short. His pocket presence is actually good, but he just needs to execute.

Jason campbell's receivers are garbage.. Randle El is decent as a slot receiver but Devin Thomas and Santana Moss takes plays off.. don't finish routes (the one int was all Moss's fault). None of his routes have him throwing to the running back.. I don't know if it all of Campbell's fault here...

[quote name='DT778']Bills needs to stick with these uniforms. Their current ones look like shit.[/QUOTE]

No, these are ugly too. They should go back to the ones they wore during their Super Bowl runs.

surprising score at halftime. i need a big game from moss to secure my fantasy game this week. im ahead, but id like a bigger buffer.

And for Jinsanity's review of the 49ers game.....

The 49ers have a top 5 NFL defense....they have a pass rush now.....and Harylson is beastin' on the edge and Willis is the best MLB in the NFL.....a sack and an INT.....dude's beastin'....

Most important part of the game was Sing bringing the defense together at the about 8 minute mark in the 3rd when everything seemed to be falling apart.....he's got these guy's listenin'....

Shaun Hill is Shaun Hill. Nothing more. Nothing less. Dude's clutch in the 4th.

Fire Jimmie Raye.

The 49ers don't win that game if Nolan's the coach.

bread's done
Back