2013 MLB Discussion

Anybody else in the mid-atlantic have a blackout on ESPN for Phillies/Braves? I am not in either team's market and ESPN2 is showing ESPNEWS. Forced to watch it through MLB Extra Innings free preview.

[quote name='vrs1650']Clayton Kershaw is the man.....[/QUOTE]

CG 4H 7K 0BB...and the game winning 8th inning bomb to center field. That guy's pretty good at baseball.

[quote name='speedracer']CG 4H 7K 0BB...and the game winning bomb to center field. That guy's pretty good at baseball.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention it was against the defending champions.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']You forgot to mention it was against the defending champions.[/QUOTE]
Flukey. Does it even count? They're your run of the mill 84 win overachieving team. No one will remember a single position player on this team except Posey in 20 years unless Kung Fu Fatass breaks a leg circling 2nd base.

5Py4aTO.gif

[quote name='kdiddy1989']You forgot to mention it was against the defending champions.[/QUOTE]

Probably because everyone already forgot they won.

[quote name='speedracer']Flukey. Does it even count? They're your run of the mill 84 win overachieving team. No one will remember a single position player on this team except Posey in 20 years unless Kung Fu Fatass breaks a leg circling 2nd base.

5Py4aTO.gif
[/QUOTE]

In that regard, I think they might be worse than the '02 Angels.

As long as their pitching keeps up, the Giants will contend.

Meanwhile, the Angels won, but with 0 help from their Holy Trinity. At least their bullpen held up for now.

While the rest of the Phillies are trying their damndest to give the game to Atlanta, Chase Utley has started on fire. As of this writing, he is a double shy of the cycle.

[quote name='speedracer']Flukey. Does it even count? They're your run of the mill 84 win overachieving team. No one will remember a single position player on this team except Posey in 20 years unless Kung Fu Fatass breaks a leg circling 2nd base.

5Py4aTO.gif
[/QUOTE]Love that gif.

It was one game dudes. Giants are still the Champs while the Dodgers are celebrating their 25th year without one. :beer:Here's to another 25.

Great showing by the O's today. Don't like that Hammel started to tire after just 75 pitches, but Adam Jones and Chris Davis bailed him out.

Hopefully he doesn't have a blister. He was looking at his hand last inning. It would be the first perfect game for the Rangers since the roaster threw one almost 20 years ago if he can get these last three outs.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']That fucking sucks. Perfect through 26 and gives up a base hit.[/QUOTE]

Through your own legs (not that he had any chance of fielding it).

Better game: Kershaw or Darvish?

So, the Rangers recipe for success is clear: Have the starters pitch close-to-perfect games, thus not allowing Ron Washington to fuck up using the bullpen, and the Rangers will be champs in no time!

[quote name='bvharris']Through your own legs (not that he had any chance of fielding it).[/QUOTE]

Yeah that has to suck. He sticks his hand down three more inches and he has a perfect game.

Definitely sucks for him. Reminds me of Mike Mussina's near perfect game, though that outcome I preferred since he was a Yankee and it was against the Sox.

[quote name='bvharris']Definitely sucks for him. Reminds me of Mike Mussina's near perfect game, though that outcome I preferred since he was a Yankee and it was against the Sox.[/QUOTE]

I remembered watching that game, so I looked it up. I completely forgot Cone pitched for Boston.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I remembered watching that game, so I looked it up. I completely forgot Cone pitched for Boston.[/QUOTE]

Yup, we had him for that one season. I remember it well, Carl "Dinosaurs didn't exist" Everett broke it up with two outs in the 9th as a pinch hitter. As I recall, it was the week before 9/11.

Ok so last year Baltimore was good in one run games and extra innings. This year it's 2 out runs scored. They scored 7 yesterday and 5 tonight with 2 outs.

I am so, so happy to have Reimold and Roberts back and healthy. :) Way to score on Rodney.

EDIT: 15,000 attendance? Seriously, Tampa?

[quote name='DNukem170']I am so, so happy to have Reimold and Roberts back and healthy. :) Way to score on Rodney.

EDIT: 15,000 attendance? Seriously, Tampa?[/QUOTE]

:applause: Shhhh :whistle2:$ \\:D/

*sigh* A great offensive day ruined by the bullpen being uncharacteristically awful. Seriously now, 3 leads given up?

Red Sox in solo first! I'm going to enjoy that feeling in case it's the last time all year. :D

They have looked pretty good the first two games, albeit against the corpse of the corpse of the Yankees. If Lester and Buchholz can return to form this year, it will go a long way towards fixing last season's woes.

[quote name='tcrash247']Please Phillies, don't get swept by the Braves already, plenty of time for that to happen later.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if I'd say that. I kind of like the way this season has opened up so far. ;)

[quote name='DNukem170']*sigh* A great offensive day ruined by the bullpen being uncharacteristically awful. Seriously now, 3 leads given up?[/QUOTE]

That'd be nice. Defeat the Braves every game the rest of the way, but I think it's clear that the Phillies need to reload.

[quote name='DNukem170']I am so, so happy to have Reimold and Roberts back and healthy. :) Way to score on Rodney.

EDIT: 15,000 attendance? Seriously, Tampa?[/QUOTE]

There were that many people at AT&T park on opening day to watch the Giants... (Giants opened the season in LA and they were having a viewing party where the Giants play)

Winning 2 out of three in LA is pretty awesome. I have no idea how the Dodgers were barely able to score when Lincecum gave up SEVEN walks.

Also if anyone likes Baseball .gifs this is a pretty good place to get them.

Last edited by a moderator:

[/QUOTE]

I see you're starting that "fluke" poppycock early this year.

[quote name='Beatofficer']I see you're starting that "fluke" poppycock early this year.[/QUOTE]
C'mon man. Give me more credit than that. I was saying it when ya'll were one out away.

The White Sox only had 14k people. The Nats only had 26k which considering the hype, newer stadium and team is just as bad. The braves has 24k, less than half full. A's 15k....

Unfortunately the Rays don't have the corporate sponsorship to BS their attendance numbers like certain teams do.

Last year the Orioles sold out opening day which was a Friday. The next day they had 31k. The third game they had under 15k people and that was a Sunday so chill out insulting the Rays attendance. It's no secret our attendance will suck until we get a new stadium

I honestly think it has to do more with the entire area for the Rays than just their turd of a stadium. New stadiums don't always solve attendance problems. IE, the Miami Marlins. A lot has to do with the market area and ownership/payroll/players.

Going to baseball games outside in April is not as fun as going to baseball games outside in July. I turned down Nats tickets myself last night.

[quote name='slickkill77']Last year the Orioles sold out opening day which was a Friday. The next day they had 31k. The third game they had under 15k people and that was a Sunday so chill out insulting the Rays attendance. It's no secret our attendance will suck until we get a new stadium[/QUOTE]

Last Opening Day the Orioles weren't coming off a winning season and a playoff berth.

[quote name='tcrash247']Probably because everyone already forgot they won.[/QUOTE]

Cardinal Nation hasn't forgotten, trust me. Cardinals have blown 3-1 leads in the NLCS & WS 3 times since I've been alive (85 WS, 96 NLCS, & 12 NLCS) and blown a 3-2 WS lead in 87.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']He sure as shit never showed any of this in Texas.[/QUOTE]

He didn't here last year, hence why everyone wanted Dan Duquette to get a big bopper. If only he had this 6 months ago...

bread's done
Back