400 Microsoft Points to the first 1,000 AND enter to win an Xbox 360 prize package

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='buckeyeboy69']From another site:

"I just talked to MS when I noticed that my account had jumped a little over 5000MS. The rep told me that the promo points have been escalated and the matter will be resolved within 72 hours. I ask what they were doing if I had already spent them. The reps answer was that MS is planning on handling the matter is five phases.

1- If the points weren’t spent then they are just going to remove them from the accounts that got them.
2- If the points were spent leaving a zero or negative balance of points and there is a credit card on file, then they are going to bill for the points used.
3- If there is no credit card on file, they plan on sending out an E-mail “demanding” payment.
4- If there is no credit card on file and the “demand” for payment goes unanswered then they “may” subtract months of gold membership that equal the amount of points used.
5- If there is still a negative balance then they plan on banning the console and the account until it is no longer negative. This one she said at least three times. "[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that for a second. There's no way they can just make an unauthorized charge (and admit that they're planning to) to a card because they made a mistake. Actual Xbox Support has already said you can keep them. That's just someone trying to cause a scare.

They can remove them, but they cannot charge you for using them.

[quote name='cin84_12']I don't believe that for a second. There's no way they can just make an unauthorized charge (and admit that they're planning to) to a card because they made a mistake. Actual Xbox Support has already said you can keep them. That's just someone trying to cause a scare.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Maybe MS has finally had enough. But even still, you don't tweet from your official Xbox support twitter page that we are free to spend these points and then bill. Not going to happen.

[quote name='cin84_12']I don't believe that for a second. There's no way they can just make an unauthorized charge (and admit that they're planning to) to a card because they made a mistake. Actual Xbox Support has already said you can keep them. That's just someone trying to cause a scare.

They can remove them, but they cannot charge you for using them.[/QUOTE]

Although I did not get any free points I am pretty sure Microsoft cannot legally bill you for an error on their end. Sure they can possibly subtract the excess points from your account putting you in the negative if that's even possible. Also since a representative of the company (@XboxSupport) has stated users can keep the points I don't see any issues coming.

P.P.S It took me five minutes to write this post, for some reason I typed distract rather than subtract and couldn't figure out why distract didn't sound right. I guess typing up a post at 4:30 in the morning while you're tired isn't the best of ideas.

[quote name='GenPirate']Although I did not get any free points I am pretty sure Microsoft cannot legally bill you for an error on their end. Sure they can possibly subtract the excess points from your account putting you in the negative if that's even possible. Also since a representative of the company (@XboxSupport) has stated users can keep the points I don't see any issues coming.[/quote]
They could perhaps take back any unused "error points" but they wouldn't be able to remove points you already had, nor would they be able to put you in the negative. That would be the same as charging you.

[quote name='GenPirate']P.P.S It took me five minutes to write this post, for some reason I typed distract rather than subtract and couldn't figure out why distract didn't sound right. I guess typing up a post at 4:30 in the morning while you're tired isn't the best of ideas.[/QUOTE]
No, it isn't. It gets me into trouble a lot. And by the way, you added a P.P.S. without first including a P.S. I guess you were too...distracted to notice. Hardy har har.

Oh wow. Thanks alot Microsoft, give me 500 points to make my total 800, then take them back off me. My 300 points are now 400 like they were supposed to be, but if they give someone more points in error we should get to keep them :nottalking:

[quote name='ZombieToast']They could perhaps take back any unused "error points" but they wouldn't be able to remove points you already had, nor would they be able to put you in the negative. That would be the same as charging you.

No, it isn't. It gets me into trouble a lot. And by the way, you added a P.P.S. without first including a P.S. I guess you were too...distracted to notice. Hardy har har.[/QUOTE]

That's good that MS can't put peoples accounts in the negative.

I did not even notice the P.P.S. thing lol. I can't remember now if I had a P.S. as well or if P.S. some how became just became P.P.S.

"I just talked to MS when I noticed that my account had jumped a little over 5000MS. The rep told me that the promo points have been escalated and the matter will be resolved within 72 hours. I ask what they were doing if I had already spent them. The reps answer was that MS is planning on handling the matter is five phases.

1- If the points weren’t spent then they are just going to remove them from the accounts that got them.
2- If the points were spent leaving a zero or negative balance of points and there is a credit card on file, then they are going to bill for the points used.
3- If there is no credit card on file, they plan on sending out an E-mail “demanding” payment.
4- If there is no credit card on file and the “demand” for payment goes unanswered then they “may” subtract months of gold membership that equal the amount of points used.
5- If there is still a negative balance then they plan on banning the console and the account until it is no longer negative. This one she said at least three times. "[/QUOTE]

If it wasn't for this post I would've spent those 550 points *sigh* that's what I get for being honest, huh.

So we don't get ANY points now? I thought we were supposed to get 400, They gave us too many and now they take them away? sigh.

[quote name='tankyroo']So we don't get ANY points now? I thought we were supposed to get 400, They gave us too many and now they take them away? sigh.[/QUOTE]

No, the situation with this promotion is still unresolved. For some reason people decided this was a good place to spend days discussing a mistake that happened with Xbox Rewards. Initially someone thought their extra points were from this, but they weren't, and instead of the discussion moving to the appropriate place, it continued here.

[quote name='louiedog']No, the situation with this promotion is still unresolved. For some reason people decided this was a good place to spend days discussing a mistake that happened with Xbox Rewards. Initially someone thought their extra points were from this, but they weren't, and instead of the discussion moving to the appropriate place, it continued here.[/QUOTE]
Ahh okay, Sorry, I didn't read through the last couple pages :p

and now we're back on the topic of THIS promotion and not ranting and raving about an offtopic glitch, I have yet to receive 400 points but hopefully its not too many weeks away

Everyone was talking about a glitch with Xbox Rewards? I didn't even realize. Well I guess since nobody has gotten the points yet then it's possible I may still get them after my GT is back in my hands fully.

First and foremost, this has nothing to do with this topic as this was an error with the Xbox Rewards system. Second, MS will NEVER charge you for a mistake they made. There's been mistakes in the past (1 month for $1 glitch) and they never billed anyone. If anything, Xbox Phone Support was told to tell callers about this issue some BS to try and stop them from spending the points because they're losing a ton of money.

If you got the points and spent them, you get what ever it is you purchase and MS will not be billing you for anything.

On a side note, I was suppose to have 130 MSP deposited into my account because of the rewards program but didn't receive anything so I missed out on this lol

[quote name='T9X69']First and foremost, this has nothing to do with this topic as this was an error with the Xbox Rewards system. Second, MS will NEVER charge you for a mistake they made. There's been mistakes in the past (1 month for $1 glitch) and they never billed anyone. If anything, Xbox Phone Support was told to tell callers about this issue some BS to try and stop them from spending the points because they're losing a ton of money.

If you got the points and spent them, you get what ever it is you purchase and MS will not be billing you for anything.

On a side note, I was suppose to have 130 MSP deposited into my account because of the rewards program but didn't receive anything so I missed out on this lol[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like the Fable 3 glitch where they charged people, or are you talking about the accounts that got banned because of the $1 for one month fiasco?

[quote name='SEH']Oh, you mean like the Fable 3 glitch where they charged people, or are you talking about the accounts that got banned because of the $1 for one month fiasco?[/QUOTE]

Proof that they charged people? I got Fable 3 from that and was never charged. I did have a retail copy too though.

[quote name='SEH']Oh, you mean like the Fable 3 glitch where they charged people, or are you talking about the accounts that got banned because of the $1 for one month fiasco?[/QUOTE]

No one got charged or banned. I know multiple people who did that and never got in any trouble. It's MS screw up.

[quote name='karyadi']I never got the 400 points. Did the cheap games not qualify?[/QUOTE]

what cheap games? This promotion you had to be one of the first 1,000 people to tweet something. It's too late for people to do it now.

i tweeted it but if it ended in june... odds are all 1000 msp are gone. i felt dumb doing it before the end of the date but we shall see. I find it odd that by typing that in on Twitter it somehow gets sent to them so it can be entered.

Edit: Actually i also didnt notice this post had 16 pages. wow I need to sleep

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my code a minute ago, the only thing I don't like is that the points expire at the end of the year, but I guess I'll find something I really want to spend them on.

havent received anything yet :( I was in the first 400 that tweeted too.........WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why don't I ever get SHEEET

[quote name='EventHorizon']I just got my code a minute ago, the only thing I don't like is that the points expire at the end of the year, but I guess I'll find something I really want to spend them on.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. That really sucks!

Got my 400 points. Although the email it was sent to wasn't my current Xbox account email. Not really sure what happened with that.

Also make note that the point expire at the end of the year so make sure to spend them.

:whee: woot :whee:

I got mine, but my Chrome email extension gave me false hope for a minute. I checked my email using the extension and it said "One (1) 4000 Microsoft Point code (ARV $50)". I got super excited entered the code and it said 400, I went back and switched it to the full HTML message format and it said 400. Even switching back to basic text it still says 4000 again. My heart sank a little, but free is free so no real complaints from me.

Congratulations! You have been selected as a Gift Offer winner of the Sidekick & Xbox Social Promotion sponsored by Microsoft Corporation.

Specifically, you have won the following prize package: One (1) 400 Microsoft Point code (ARV $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back