AC:WW Discussion Thread - Visits/Trades/etc.

[quote name='Bezerker']woot, fishing tourney is today, good luck all![/QUOTE]

What time does that start? Mine wasn't happening yet around 11pm...

p.s. nice avatar.

Well, I caught a 46.3 inch Sea Bass, and then someone else got a 47 inch. Damn. I'm taking a break since it's been going back and forth like tyhat for a while.

I lost the tournamnet. ;-;

I haven't caught a tuna at all. ;-;

At least I'm getting the guide tomorrow. A little extra help! :p

And, although I lost overall, I did get 3 prizes for ouytdoing someone, myself, and someone else. :D

[quote name='jfunkdpg']How do I know who won the Fishing Tournament? I just turned on my DS and Tortimer is no longer outside the town hall.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this too. I was ahead when I last saved.

[quote name='daroga']I'd like to know this too. I was ahead when I last saved.[/QUOTE]

I've been scanning through the gamefaqs board, apparently you find out the next day.

Hmm. Yesterday I whacked one of my neighbors on the head with my bug net and she got mad, so I sent her a letter with flowers apologizing.

Today she sent me a letter back- with a piano!

So, I sent lots of people flowers. Maybe I'll get new stuff!

Animal Crossing:

StarboyK - PA
4853-9269-9734
StarboyK, Spamalot

EDIT:
Late-lifers' friendly (I'm on a thirteen hour eastern time shift- 12am is 1pm). and on, for the most part. I'm short on time, and will just be leaving it plugged in and on tonight while I sleep. The first ten or fifteen posters have been added, but I need sleep more than this right now. I have an extra shovel I'll sell- I was looking to make more golden ones, and wanted to keep a regular on hand just in case anyway. PM me for that, or if you're looking to be added. Keep in mind- my system's on the time shift for a reason- RETAIL. and it's holiday shopping season. meeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr. moo, that is all.

I won the fishing tournament yesterday with a 45.1 inch Sea Bass. I got a letter from the mayor that included a fishing trophy. I ended up getting three furniture items yesterday when the fish I turned in was bigger than the current record, the best one was a Nintendo bench.

I need to look through the guide and find some cool headgear/accessory items to get. I have the pirate hat/eyepatch, bunny hood, and my current attire a blue knit cap with snowflakes on it, and 3D glasses (red/blue).

Picked up the guide today for 12 dollars after a 20% of fTRU coupon.

Looks interesting, now I can ctahc some more fish and try to get all the Robo items!

I'm very disappointed in the lack of holidays.

[quote name='Bezerker']a tuna thats 6.5 ft? What the hell kind of chemicals are they putting in the water, lol.[/QUOTE]Deep sea tunas are enormous. I saw them at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, they're bigger than elephants.

[quote name='banpeikun']Deep sea tunas are enormous. I saw them at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, they're bigger than elephants.[/QUOTE]

No joke. My father-in-law goes fishing for tuna out in the ocean a couple times a year and the size of those things are insane. They have tuna steaks and canned tuna for years after a big catch.

Walker screwed me over too... not 5 minutes into the tournament, I take a Sea Bass up to Tortimer and already Walker has 90.2" tuna.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']fuck Crazy Redd. He gave me a counterfeit painting.[/QUOTE]

Yep, he jacked me last week with that crap. Did you buy the insurance that covers buying counterfeit stuff? I hadn't bought it until after my incident.

Yeah, I bought it last Saturday. Last week he gave me a real painting, though. I know that you have to present the fake to Lyle for any kind of settlement, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to see what happens.

...The fox is a sly mother fucker, I'll give him that. I was able to get a Lucky Lefty Cat and this awesoem blue lava lamp form him, though, so it's good.

I can't wait until I get some new fruit from mom, and a cocnut washes up. Argh.

Also, I'm going good getting Snwoman furniture. I have the wallpaper, snowman itself, lamp, TV, and fridge, and I should get something else tonight when I turn the game on. Yay!

i am now officially posting my codes since i got my wifi adaptor(one is my wife and one is mine...please let me know if you add them:)

Ive been neglecting the snowman, however i did build one, got a chair.

Ive been chopping down all my normal trees and replacing them with fruit trees. I think there are only 4 normal trees left. I rake in over 75k everytime i empty out my trees and take the fruit to nook.

I had 3 coconuts, two died and one will hopefully bloom tomorrow or friday, i cant wait ^_^.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Yeah, I bought it last Saturday. Last week he gave me a real painting, though. I know that you have to present the fake to Lyle for any kind of settlement, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to see what happens.

...The fox is a sly mother fucker, I'll give him that. I was able to get a Lucky Lefty Cat and this awesoem blue lava lamp form him, though, so it's good.

I can't wait until I get some new fruit from mom, and a cocnut washes up. Argh.

Also, I'm going good getting Snwoman furniture. I have the wallpaper, snowman itself, lamp, TV, and fridge, and I should get something else tonight when I turn the game on. Yay![/QUOTE]

I've got one coconut tree that is almost ready to bloom. Once it has fruit, I'll open my gates and you can snag some. You can't plant them too close to the water or they won't grow. I lost one tree that way.

[quote name='Bezerker']Ive been chopping down all my normal trees and replacing them with fruit trees. I think there are only 4 normal trees left. I rake in over 75k everytime i empty out my trees and take the fruit to nook.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing the same thing, although I haven't been as aggressive as you. I'm doing it more for the asthetic look than for the money....although I'm sure fishing and wacking rocks with a shovel as my source of income is going to get old real soon ;)

FYI, furniture, bees, and bells are found in normal tress only, so it's good to have a nice amount of regular trees as well as fruit.

Coconut washed up today, so I'm hoping I planted it in a good spot.

I paid off my second debt, so I'll be getting the second upgrade tomorrow. Yay!

[quote name='Bezerker']Holy hell, Able sisters are carrying the King's beard & crown, 1.2 million bells each...[/QUOTE]

I had the crown yesterday for 1 million, haven't had any of the beard/wigs yet. I would like to have the Afro wig if anyone has it yet.

I got the afro wig... but I'm keeping that one for myself. :B

Say... why isn't my town Christmasy? I don't remember selecting a religious affiliation at the beginning of the game, or anything like that... I don't see any gifts or lights. :(

[quote name='edison']I had the crown yesterday for 1 million, haven't had any of the beard/wigs yet. I would like to have the Afro wig if anyone has it yet.[/QUOTE]
I have an afro wig for trade... PM me with what ya got (in terms of wigs/ hats)

I just got this game today as a gift and I am fucking loving it. Should I got out and get the GC one considering it is only $15 after coupon at BB?

it really pisses me off that they removed every trace of the reindeer/christmas in this. half the fun of the game was going around on Christmas and getting the carpet, wallpaper, etc.. now all you get is a fucking tree. It pisses me off to the point where I almost want to sell it.

[quote name='Bezerker']I was suprised when i went into Nook's and they had a menorah. Though they call it a 'festive candle'.[/QUOTE]

So I'm not missing anything then. I was wondering why nothing was going on during the holidays.

Is there a calendar anywhere in the game? I liked the GameCube version's notebook that told you all the events for the entire year.

Merry Xmas all! My brother got this yesterday, but I've been playing a little. Our gate is open so anyone and all are welcome to come over!

Kevin
Traveres
030126693297(Corrected)

[quote name='siamesellama']So I'm not missing anything then. I was wondering why nothing was going on during the holidays.

Is there a calendar anywhere in the game? I liked the GameCube version's notebook that told you all the events for the entire year.[/QUOTE]There's a pull-out calendar in this month's Nintendo Power. Also, the AC:WW player's guide has a different looking calendar.

I should be getting the Wi-Fi Dongle thingy in the next week or two.. you guys will see me online all the freakin' time.. I can't wait!

I saw a Kwanzaa flag. Dubbed a festive flag.
Getting nothing for Xmas was slightly irritating. I was really looking forward to Toy Day.

I keep forgetting to buy turnips. Until next week, I suppose.

hmm, was the christmas tree known as a 'festive tree'?

I wonder if they'll have a 'festive goat sacrifice' for the pagan AC players ;-)

bread's done
Back