Ace Combat 5 only $4.99 at SEARS! Major YMMV

Went to sears at 7 am. Didn't see anything at first. Then they rolled out a bin of games and they said that all the games in the bin were $5 @@, so I went berserk and pushed some kids out of the way because they had all kinds of different games that weren't in the ad that were in the bin. I had a stack of about 25 games when some manager finally stepped in said only the ones in the add were $5. Blast!!!
Then I went over to CC as soon as they opened and grabbed one of any of the matching games from the ad. The clerk asked the manager and he said to call the other Sears stores to see if they have them in stock. She called the first store didn't have any and then called the second store and they said that they had all of them in stock. Yay I got my AC5 for $0.49.

My Sears score:
Spyro Enter the Dragon - Gamecube
Pac-Man Fever - PS2
Tekken TAG Tournament - PS2
Armed and Dangerous - Xbox
Total with Tax - $21.58

Then I went to CC to pricematch:
Ace Combat 5 - PS2
Tekken TAG Tournament - PS2
Pac-Man Fever - GC
Dragonball Z Budokai - GC
Total with Tax - $13.55

8 games for $35.13, not bad considering one was supposed to be $50. hehe

[quote name='rabbitt'][quote name='Dr Mario Kart'] Before you could turn your head, I grabbed TWO copies of Metroid Prime 2, handed them $10.80 in exact change, and got my pretty ass out of there.

:rofl: Best Deal Ever \:D/[/quote]

NICE. But when you guys hear this, you're gonna be pissed at me. You remember that bitch of a manager I dealt with? I called TRU today, just to let them know I was dissapointed in their service, and the head manager (not the one I dealt with yesterday...) said he'll mail me a $50 gift card!

He was like I don't care how much of a price difference it was, she still should've given you the game

sci-thumbsup.gif
[/quote]

It's easier to say that afterwords.
However, I did think she crossed the line with you, especially since (at least from what you told us) that you were insistant, yet polite.
I have no problem with people doing that... its the half-cocked jerks who feel entitled that bother me.

i got armed and dangerous and unreal championship.. to my suprise, the unreal wasnt a PH (thanfully :) ) were everyone elses the orginal green box versions also?

well, the search is over and we are empty handed here. :(

not 1 store around here would do a PM. BB said they knew it was a misprint but would match it only if sears had more than 1 in stock. of course by 10:00am when BB opened sears was already sold out. actually our sears was sold out of every game before they even opened.

"not luck at Meijers(Dix and Emmons in Lincoln Park, MI) in case anyone thought of there. they said it was too low to PM. it is below their cost.."

yeah, I am gonna go back up there and argue this one out, they said they can't cuz of it being limited stock, i don't see that in the ad, and I didn't argue, cuz I wanted to get home to watch michigan play, but I am going back and getting one then proceeding to go somewhere else and getting another.

good luck to everyone though

Is anyone here willing to sell me a copy of Tekken Tag shipped media mail or whatever the cheapest way is to Baltimore?

My Story:
went to Sears, got the ad.
went to CC and went straight to the manager. I said I want AC 5 for this price. he said,"wow thats a great deal. Here you go." what a nice guy.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Tenzor, your wouldn't by chance be mentioning the San Antonio Shopping Center would you?[/quote]

no its the village shopping center in orange, ca

Toys R Us told me they would not price match an item because the price difference was too much. Then drove 15 minutes to a Sears and they were out of the game. Drove accross the street to Wal-Mart and they matched it after confirming it with a manager (about a 10 minute wait).

[quote name='akilshohen']so the ad's are in SEARS stores and the newspaper? Because I didn't see it in the newspaper[/quote]

Its YMMV. It goes by region.

I would have tried to get a copy today, but I'm stuck at college away from home. :( I'd still gladly pay $50 for AC5 since I played the demo and loved it big time.

I tried SEARS this morning there was not much. No AC5 in sight I think they puched them all to the stock room. I did get TTT and A&D for a friend that was all that was left and some 50% off other games but those were lousy deals.

I am gonna hit 3 Wal-marts and try to price match AC5 I will let u know how it goes.

Well, i went to another walmart today and gave them hell but to no avail, same with TRU. I called the walmart i went to last night not expecting anything but the manager okd it so im going to pick it up now

Trade in at BB is 28 bucks havent tried FYE cause i dont want more FYE Credit (since they will probally not get DS in) Gamecrazy says they got the best prices so if they match BB 28 + 10% for memebers can get around 31 bucks per game... Then again being sealed you probally can dump them on ebay for 33--40 each

Watchung, NJ Sears had diddly-squat as of 1pm. They had the infamous ad posted, but the Ace Combat 5 rack was empty either pulled back or sold out, didn't bother to ask. Tekken Tag was also sold out. The clearance bin had garbage in terms of PS2, but a couple of Panzer Dragoorn Ortas for XBox were in it.

I ended up with 4 copies of Ace 5 (it's going to be a good Christmas with the gifts). 3 were from 2 Walmarts, 1 was from CompUSA. I used a Walmart receipt and Sears ad at CompUSA and the Sears ad at the Walmarts. I was shot down at 2 Toys R Us', a Best Buy and a CC, all due to Sears not having the game in stock.

The odd thing was that when they called Sears about the game, Sears never told them that it was a misprint.

[quote name='am000777']Are the video game deals only till 12:00 also? If anyone knows?[/quote]

According to a guy at Sears here, yes.

[quote name='murcielago77']I just look at my ad online and I have the same exact page as the scan EXCEPT where the 9 games are it is replaced with 9 movies[/quote]

2 of the 3 Sears in my area had the DVD version of the ad. Only one had the game version.

Got shot down at Circuit City, they said it was like a Black Friday sale, and so they don't pm it. Was going to try at Best Buy but the line was ridiculous. Went to Sears, but I was too late, they were cleared out.

If anyone got Armed and Dangerous, I will pay $10 shipped.

[quote name='rabbitt']I believe trade-in value is about $28.[/quote]

yay, enough for a ds + few gifts

Call Sears at 9:30 and they told me it is a price mistake, but the honor it.

Went there at 10 and they were sold out

Try to PM at CC and TRU, but they call Sears and wont PM because they dont have it in stock.

Try Walmart and they dont even have the game

Later I tried the place I least expected to do a PM, BB. They told me they have to call to see if they have it in stock. However, I notice the cashier was already ringing up my stuff (I am also buing some DVDR) Before the other guy got through calling sears, I noticed that the credit card machine is ready to accept, so i quickly slide my credit card and finish up the purchase. At the end I walked out with 3 copies of AC5

I HOPE everyone who went out and got multiple copies of this obvious mistake to make profit from it get genital warts.

So, technically, can Namco sue Sears, Roebuck & Co.? I assume "Ace Combat 5 for $4.99" was a huge typo by Sears, and Namco is loosing thousands of dollars for it (regular price for Ace Combat 5 is, of course, $49.99).

[quote name='DX']I HOPE everyone who went out and got multiple copies of this obvious mistake to make profit from it get genital warts.[/quote]I agree. Everyone who is buying multiple copies to make a profit for themself should be beat. My reason is that there are tons of people who have love Ace Combat 5, who would be delighted to buy a copy of $5. I think it's wrong to try and make profits on games you get really cheap, my buying multiple copies. All stores should put a limit of one per customer and look at I.D.'s. The only way it's okay to sell the game you bought really cheap is if you didn't like it.

Like LoganDX had in his signature, "Death to all hoarders"

Went to my local Sears around 11am. I didn't realize they were having a 7am to noon sale - the store was very packed and busy. I saw two empty rack spaces for DBZ Budokai and Unreal Championship. They pulled out AC5, but I thought Ace Combat 4 GH would be on sale at least, but no.

If anyone wants to trade/sell me something from Sears today for a price, PM me. :eek:

[quote name='Devin']So, technically, can Namco sue Sears, Roebuck & Co.? I assume "Ace Combat 5 for $4.99" was a huge typo by Sears, and Namco is loosing thousands of dollars for it (regular price for Ace Combat 5 is, of course, $49.99).[/quote]
No, I'm pretty sure that most retailers purchase their product outright, and then make back that money from sales. If that's the case, this is just Sears losing a lot of money.

Well I tried to get AC5 at SEARS today, and just like my earlier story about Wal-Mart I was treated to another poor display of customer service.

I walk into SEARS about 10am, and headed for the video games. The store was still packed with people shopping to buy x-mas gifts and such. When I arrived at the videogames I saw a bin that said "50% off the pink sticker". I figured this is where all the $4.99 games would be. I looked in the bin and saw games like Rygar, Maximo AOZ, Medal of Honor RS, 007 Nightfire, and all the 2004 EA sports line up. I was like sweet thinking all of them would be $4.99. I pulled out a MOH and it had pink sticker that said $49.97, so 50% off that would only make it $25.00. The same goes for Madden 2004 which had a $44.97 sticker. So I asked a sales associate if these are really the prices, he said yeah its 50% off the pink sticker price. Then I showed him my ad, and asked him where the $4.99 games would be. He said he didn't know, they should be mixed in with the bin. As he was telling me about the games the manager approached me and asked "you looking for Ace Combat 5" and I was like yeah. He quickly replied “e are sold out sorry” Then he mentioned it was suppose to be Ace Combat 4 and not 5. He then told me that Ace Combat 5 was sold out anyway because it was already cleared out this morning. So then I asked if they had Ace Combat 4, and he replied no sorry we are sold out also.

Disappointed I walked away, and went into the actual video game section where they have the games behind the glass cases. I saw Armed and Dangerous and had an associate grab it for me. I couldn't find anymore of the $4.99 except for Spyro so I just grabbed my Armed and Dangerous and proceeded to the checkout. On my way up I saw a display of DVD movies but next to them were at least 10 copies of Ace Combat 4 and Crazy Taxi for PS2. So I grabbed a copy of Ace Combat 4 and waited to be checked out. When it was my turn to be checked out, I asked the guy if Ace Combat 4 was $4.99. He scanned it and said nope its $14.97, but then I pointed out to him that its suppose to be $4.99, and that the ad said Ace Combat 5 but they were really selling Ace Combat 4 for $4.99. He then told me since the game is not pictured in the ad it’s not $4.99. I then told him well I just talked to your manager and he told me it was. He was like alright let me go get him. As I was waiting for him to get the manager I noticed behind the counter there were 3 copies of Ace Combat 5. So either they pulled them off the shelves so no one can buy it, or the employees are holding it for themselves. As the guy returned he told me the manager went on his lunch. I just said fuck it, bought my Armed and Dangerous and walked out.

Again I was lied to by employees and treated like shit, I never really shopped at SEARS, but I know that was the last time I will shop at that SEARS location. I wouldn’t be surprised if the manager lied to employee about going on his lunch to avoid talking to me. I mean it was still 10 in the morning; lunch time isn’t really until noon. Maybe he went to get breakfast, but after all the lies he pulled out of his ass it was probably a lie that he went to lunch. Oh well looks like no Ace Combat 5 or 4 for me, but that’s ok I have a lot of other games to catch up on. Thanks anyway my fellow CAGS as if it wasn’t for you I wouldn’t have gotten my Wal-Mart gift card or Armed and Dangerous.

I just got back from my local sears, and I grabbed the last copies of Rogue Squadron and DBZ:Budokai and a copy of Spyro. They still had a few Spyros, a bunch of Legends of Wrestling, A few Crazy Taxis (PS2), a bunch of Ace Combat 4 for $14.99, and I think maybe one more PS2 game. The slots for A&D, Unreal, and Tekken were all empty.

If anyone has a copy of A&D or Unreal that they want to trade for one of the GCN games I listed above, drop me a PM.

[quote name='Devin']So, technically, can Namco sue Sears, Roebuck & Co.? I assume "Ace Combat 5 for $4.99" was a huge typo by Sears, and Namco is loosing thousands of dollars for it (regular price for Ace Combat 5 is, of course, $49.99).[/quote]
No, since Sears already purchased the games from Namco at wholesale price. In the end its only sears losing money.

[quote name='DX']I HOPE everyone who went out and got multiple copies of this obvious mistake to make profit from it get genital warts.[/quote]

from ace combat 5?

I wonder if you guys realize how much you're hurting both Namco and Sears (and the other stores you PM at) by exploiting a flyer typo. Moreover, I wonder if you care. I don't mean to get on my high horse, as I've picked up stuff for trade-in credit ($5 CC games, for example), but those were the real prices -- not mistakes.

And then some people have the gaul to bitch about employees giving them a hard time? Wake up! You're leeches, damaging companies which in turn hurts the employees trying to feed their families, just so you can get a good deal on a game you're just going to add to the pile or sell outright. I hate Wal-Mart more than anything, but this is still disgusting.

You have a lot to give Thanks for next week, don't you? Bucha cheap ass parasites.

I went to a local Sears, and they refused to give me the ads. I understand it, since the only copy they had they wanted to keep for the register, but the woman at customer service told me that they no longer get extra copies. They only get enough for anyone who works at a register, and so they can't give them to customers. They had 3 copies of Armed & Dangerous and a few copies of Legends of Wrestling and Unreal Championship, but I ended up just passing on them.

[quote name='DX']I HOPE everyone who went out and got multiple copies of this obvious mistake to make profit from it get genital warts.[/quote]

yea hope that to everyone too who HOGGED all the OVERSTOCK movies for 2 bucks. Just cause you missed this one big deal. I was able to get some ACE 5s But i missed the overstock movie deal... Same thing just different items. THere were tons of people buying overstock stuff just to resell

Though I do love the idea of Limit 1 per person (or 2 at max)

I got my one copy of AC5 from Walmart and left plenty for others to price match. After my good fortune I decided to call it a day after I checked out the sale at Sears and decided not to buy anything. Then I got bored this afternoon and went to CC no expecting too much because I already got in on the deal. The girl at customer service was all cool about PM Ace Combat 5 for me (thank you nice CC girl) and I went back to get ONE copy of the game (they had about 15 of them). She priced matched it for me but to my surprised only ask for 51 cents. I was like "51 cents!", handed to her and she rang me up. She ask if you could make a copy of the Ad and I told her to keep it because I didn't need it any more. So today I got 2 AC5's for a grand total of $5.75 and I left plenty for my fellow CAG'rs. I will open one and play through it this week and probably offer it up for trade. So if anyone is interested in a copy PM me.

bread's done
Back