[adult swim thread]

We could all be reading a book right now :lol:

The Boondocks is freaking hilarious and the honest social satire is pretty refreshing. I've been reading the strip for years now and I knew it would make a great show. I didn't think they would make it as intense as it is. The whole "nigga moments" bit was incredible.

I posted this over in the current OTT, but then I realized that I might be better off asking in this thread.

I'm looking for screencaps from "The Boondocks", of Ed the III (crazy redhead guy who likes wearing the bulletproof vest) in particular.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :D

[quote name='Apossum']The whole "nigga moments" bit was incredible.[/QUOTE]

THAT'S LIKE CALLING 1-800 COLLECT FOR AN ASS WHUPPIN'

AND THAT AINT NO TOLL FREE CALL

:)

Did anybody watch the Welcome to Elltington(sp?) last night? It was a comedy show (of course ->sunday, duh!) about a group of nerd friends who are a part of their own nerd club talking about Star Trek, comics, etc. and the episode ends with two of them (the leader and fat guy) fighting over a rare Boba Fett action figure at the local comic shop in a trivia off. It was pretty damn funny and I'd love to see this become a regular series, though I could see some hatred from the non-nerds that wouldn't get a lot of the references. I was surprised when I first saw it, then I was glad to see it. If you didn't see it, it may be a while until it airs again since it's not on the schedule for at least the next two weeks from what I can see.

In other news, there's some new revisions to the lineup for Saturday, Sundays, and Weekdays detailed below:

Saturday Changes

On Dec. 24 The Boondocks will take the 11 p.m. slot, followed by Stroker & Hoop at 11:30 a.m. At midnight the first two InuYasha movies will air back-to-back, with Affections Touching Across Time at midnight and Castle Beyond the Looking Glass at 2:30 a.m.
At least the comedy show won't be in the middle of the anime block and it'll be at the beginning like it was before. I'm hoping that the Inuyasha movie still isn't fucked up and in WS but stretched to FS, otherwise, I doubt I'd watch the movies again.

A 12 oz. Mouse marathon will begin on Dec. 31 at midnight, ending with a new episode at 1:30 a.m.
:puke:

The schedule settles into normalcy on Jan. 7 with The Boondocks leading the night off at 11 p.m., followed by Stroker & Hoop at 11:30 p.m., Fullmetal Alchemist premieres at midnight, Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig at 12:30 a.m. Finishing off the night are repeats of Neon Genesis Evangelion at 1 a.m. and Cowboy Bebop at 1:30 a.m.
Not bad, not bad.

Sunday Changes

Beginning Jan. 1, the Sunday line-up gets shifted around: American Dad at 10 p.m., Family Guy at 10:30 p.m., The Boondocks at 11 p.m., Robot Chicken at 11:30 p.m., Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law at 11:45 p.m., Squidbillies at midnight, Aqua Teen Hunger Force at 12:15 a.m., Perfect Hair Forever at 12:30 a.m., 12 oz. Mouse at 12:45 a.m., Boo Boo Runs Wild at 1 a.m., Tom Goes to the Mayor at 1:30 a.m. and Sealab 2021 at 1:45 a.m.
Change is good, but no Stroker and Hoop makes me sad. :whistle2:( What's Boo Boo Runs Wild?

Weekday Changes

On Jan. 2 Home Movies will return to the line-up Mondays-Wednesdays at midnight. Later in the night, s-CRY-ed will take over the 1 a.m. slot, followed by Lupin the 3rd at 1:30 a.m.
Home Movies and Lupin returns, that'll be a great night.

Also beginning Jan. 2, the 12:30 a.m. slot will rotate programming every day, with FLCL on Mondays, premieres of InuYasha on Tuesdays, premieres of Samurai Champloo on Wednesdays and Neon Genesis Evangelion on Thursdays.
Nice, shaking things up a little bit.

Also, here's some new info on the Moral Orel premiere:

Adult Swim presents Moral Orel: The Best Christmas Ever, a special holiday event for the whole family, debuting Tuesday, Dec. 13, at midnight (e/p). Encore presentations will follow on Wednesday, Dec. 14, at midnight and on Sunday, Dec. 25, at 12:15 a.m.

Celebrate the spirit of Christmas with a family who learns that sometimes life's greatest gifts can be found in your own heart. Experience the true meaning of this joyous holiday season...and maybe even a Christmas miracle.

Moral Orel: The Best Christmas Ever is written and produced by Dino Stamatopoulos, whose credits include Mr. Show, Late Night with Conan O'Brien and The Ben Stiller Show.
http://www.adultswim.com/williams/n...tswim.com/williams/news/articles/news049.html

Also beginning Jan. 2, the 12:30 a.m. slot will rotate programming every day, with FLCL on Mondays, premieres of InuYasha on Tuesdays, premieres of Samurai Champloo on Wednesdays and Neon Genesis Evangelion on Thursdays.

Ugh. Good for me. Bad for my sleep habits. :whistle2:s

Meh I appreciate them bringing backa couple more interesting older shows, but once again their overall programming sucks noodles. Now a whole hour of comedy is slipping into Saturdays again and rotating the premieres is either very stupid or very smart. Maybe a good move for them because more people will watch weeknights then, but it's also stupid because it will no doubt anger some viewers and cause them to miss some shows. Personally I like how it is now because I can either watch/record all the interesting premieres on one or two nights. I like not having to watch or record something everynight of the week. To be honest, if I had anime network or something like that I highly doubt I'd bother to tune into AS much anymore except maybe on Sundays for a little bit (I only like about half the comedy shows anyway).

From what I recall hearing a long time ago, Welcome to Eltingville was pretty much a potential pilot for a series and whatnot but it never really got enough viewers or much of a fanbase to demand more episodes. As such, it pretty much remains as one of those little pilots that Adult Swim kicks around into the lineup every now and again, probably hoping that some additional interest may kickstart things.

And 12 oz...what a fantastic reason to turn off the TV and go to bed!

[quote name='Strell']THAT'S LIKE CALLING 1-800 COLLECT FOR AN ASS WHUPPIN'

AND THAT AINT NO TOLL FREE CALL

:)[/QUOTE]

Granddad: Aww...look what you did to Dorothy...You betta have insurance.
Blind guy: N***A, YOU betta have insurance...ASS-WHUPPIN INSURANCE...and you about to pay a deductable!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did anybody watch the Welcome to Elltington(sp?) last night? It was a comedy show (of course ->sunday, duh!) about a group of nerd friends who are a part of their own nerd club talking about Star Trek, comics, etc. and the episode ends with two of them (the leader and fat guy) fighting over a rare Boba Fett action figure at the local comic shop in a trivia off. It was pretty damn funny and I'd love to see this become a regular series, though I could see some hatred from the non-nerds that wouldn't get a lot of the references. I was surprised when I first saw it, then I was glad to see it. If you didn't see it, it may be a while until it airs again since it's not on the schedule for at least the next two weeks from what I can see.[/quote]

Welcome to Eltingville is based on the comic "Dork" by Evan Dorkin. It premiered back in 2002 on Adult Swim and, regrettably, was never picked up. I thought it was hilarious when I saw it 3 years ago.

I am convinced, though, that right now Adult Swim is trying to put anything they can on TV and see if they can get away with it. I watched 12 oz. Mouse twice and both times it was undeniably stupid. The Aqua Teen premiere the other night was terrible. If that's the best they can do, they should stop. I haven't watched Squidbillies since the fake premiere and it was bad then and I'm betting it's still bad.

These Adult Swim shows seem to have a shelf life. Sealab got very bad (aside from Waterworld, which was great) towards the end. Brak got bad as it ended, too. Aqua Teen has definitely slipped. Home Movies was great but was cancelled anyway. Guitarmeggedon? Best. Episode. Ever.

Everyone should support Home Movies by buying the DVD sets and giving them as gifts. Thats what I've been doing. The show is pure gold.

"Spaghetti time." Omfg, classic.

I'd say to support Lucy: Daughter of the Devil as well, but it cannot hold a candle to HM and seemed to be biult more on shock value. I thought it had a few hilarious moments but then it just got incredibly bizarre. Seeing as how some of the same people work on Lucy, I had hoped it would be closer to HM, but it's just a hyper outrageous shallow clone.

I loved the past Boondock's with Samuel L. Jackson. Gotta love the lines he did from pulp fiction in it.

Robot Chicken is f'n hillarious too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']http://www.adultswim.com/fridaynightfix/

I don't remember if this has been posted in this thread or not but you can view various [adult swims] shows online Friday nights. They have premiers of ATHF and Boondocks. These asre the same shows that will air Sunday night.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me. The quality isn't that bad, though I'd prefer it on the TV.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Thanks for reminding me. The quality isn't that bad, though I'd prefer it on the TV.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on both statements. I tried watching Perfect Hair but it cut off on me for some reason. Still is sweet that they would even do this.

Boondocks I find to be hilarious, especially the Samuel L.Jackson

"Where you from"
"what"
"they speak jibberish on what"
"what"
"say what one more time"

I'm suprised they get away with saying the "n-word" so many times in that show.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I'm suprised they get away with saying the "n-word" so many times in that show.[/QUOTE]

Cable channels, to the best of my knowledge, aren't regulated by the FCC the way over-air channels are. They could realistically show whatever they want at any time of day they want. The problem with that, of course, is that they'd end up under FCC jurisdiction *very* quickly if this show came on in the afternoon. As a result, they limit the "adult" shows to post-prime time hours; IIRC, Comedy Central showed South Park the Movie unedited a few months back; it started at 1AM, however.

Tonight's Boondocks is very good. I enjoyed it from the Friday Night Fix showing, which it's now proving somewhat useful as I like being able to see some of the new stuff earlier than Sunday.

ATHF wasn't so good, but Ignignokt and Err saved it for the most part. The commercials are a little misleading to what the show is about, which it's actually Master Shake playing deleted scenes his movie, as he cuts out of the scenes to talk about it, which is the not so good part of the episode.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Is tonight the Aqua Teen Christmas Special or was that last week? I think I missed it.[/QUOTE]
Last week's episode was the Boost Mobile episode. Though this week's episode is called a Christmas special, the only sign of it was Meatwad putting some wreathes in place of Carl's stolen wheels.

Aqua Teen was okay tonight. The clips was funny but as someone stated before, the Shake and Meatwad crap was crap. Boondocks was good as usual, Quincy Jones was cool. Perfect Hair Forever is good and bad. It's good because some of it is funny. But the bad is I have motherfucking idea what's going on. Gerald is a bald 12 year old who wants cold-ass hair, so he goes on a journey. That's all I get. But Catman is funny, so the bad doesn't really matter.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why has AS been showing that stupid Roger Smith cartoon every single week for the past month?[/QUOTE]
I thought they took Big O off the line-up now.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why has AS been showing that stupid Roger Smith cartoon every single week for the past month?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that last night too. I watched it two weeks ago and got a chuckle out of it because Spum Co. made it (I used to love Ren & Stimpy) and then last week I saw it coming on and thought it was a mistake. Then it was on again last night.

If it's because they took off a show, couldn't they replace it with some VB reruns or something? They're wasting a hour (two showings) every sunday night.

[quote name='jmcc']I thought they took Big O off the line-up now.[/QUOTE]
Not that Roger Smith, though Big O is still on at that last hour of AS with Gigantor, I'm talking about the Spum Co. show that gives Yogi the Bear their brand of polish. It's just one episode and they've been playing it on Sunday nights for the past few weeks for whatever reason instead of rotating shows or putting another series in and pushing the 15 minute shows back some more.

I actually saw a article in my local newspaper about the Boondocks MLK episode. The article was trying to make a big deal out of how it was offensive and disrespectful which got me interested in watching it. I saw it last Sat and thought it was pretty damn good. It was satire and meant to piss people off. I didn't find it disrespectful at all. I even agree with King's speech at the end. I thought it was funny that he moved to Canada and also the bit about Grandpa and Rosa Parks.

I can't wait for that show to come out on DVD; "The Itis" was one of the most stomach-churning shows I've seen in awhile, and the MLK show was fantastically poignant (I love the "Tucker Carlson" character).

Aaron McGruder is incredible; it seems that he's toned down Riley's character in recent years, and doesn't spend much time on the DuBois girl (what the hell's her first name, anyway?).

My only complaint about the show is that some of the voices are too "high profile." The white capitalist guy is clearly Ed Asner, and I'm sure many of us picture John Witherspoon's character from "Friday" rather than Grandpa Freeman (though he does a heck of a job). I'm also not sure I care for the voice chosen for Huey, but I can't think of a better one myself.

I've been pretty lukewarm on the Boondocks since it started, but the MLK episode was genius. One of the better episodes of anything that I've seen in awhile.

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't wait for that show to come out on DVD; "The Itis" was one of the most stomach-churning shows I've seen in awhile, and the MLK show was fantastically poignant (I love the "Tucker Carlson" character).

Aaron McGruder is incredible; it seems that he's toned down Riley's character in recent years, and doesn't spend much time on the DuBois girl (what the hell's her first name, anyway?).

My only complaint about the show is that some of the voices are too "high profile." The white capitalist guy is clearly Ed Asner, and I'm sure many of us picture John Witherspoon's character from "Friday" rather than Grandpa Freeman (though he does a heck of a job). I'm also not sure I care for the voice chosen for Huey, but I can't think of a better one myself.[/QUOTE]

the debois girl is jasmine.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not that Roger Smith, though Big O is still on at that last hour of AS with Gigantor, I'm talking about the Spum Co. show that gives Yogi the Bear their brand of polish. It's just one episode and they've been playing it on Sunday nights for the past few weeks for whatever reason instead of rotating shows or putting another series in and pushing the 15 minute shows back some more.[/QUOTE]
Oh...well that's Ranger Smith, then, not Roger. Ranger John Francis Smith, the professional Yogi agitator.

I thought the MLK episode was hilarious and incredibly well done. It was not meant to be disrespectful, but meant to provoke a lot of thought, much like Bill Cosby's recent rantings. It's meant as a challenge to action, but most people will take it as insulting. I guess I see both ways. However, given that I'm white, maybe I can't see the other point of view as clearly as I should/they'd want me to. Not sure what to do there.

Anyway, Boondocks is an excellent show. Really damn hilarious. I try to get people hooked on it. Haven't been that way with a show since Invader Zim.

I've loved the Boondocks since the first show, thought the MLK show was aiite, didn't really laugh. The "itis" one was funny, but lately the show isn't as funny. I loved the R.Kelly trial, Black Jesus, and all the others but ones like "House Makeover/Pimp My Ride" and the "Pimp named SlickbacK' episodes I didn't find too funny.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh...well that's Ranger Smith, then, not Roger. Ranger John Francis Smith, the professional Yogi agitator.[/QUOTE]
Shit. I guess I got those two crappy shows mixed up. Sorry about the mixup. :lol:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Shit. I guess I got those two crappy shows mixed up. Sorry about the mixup. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Regardless... anyone have any reason why it's still showing?

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']Regardless... anyone have any reason why it's still showing?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that they're getting a decent enough rating to keep it there, but aren't they also getting new episodes of one of their shows soon? Besides Moral Orel, I mean. I don't know what Ranger Smith is listed under on the AS's site, but there's a "SPECIAL" listed at the 1PM slot on Sunday. It could be RS, but maybe something else will be there. I'll have to investigate further.

Good News to those that check out Friday Night Fix! Samurai Champloo will be premiering episodes 6 days before they are shown starting February 3rd. I can't wait to be able to catch the new episodes earlier than I would from just the TV.

Boondocks has been nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series in the NAACP Awards. I hope it wins, it deserves it.

After checking out the season premiere of Moral Orel, I can safely say it's a good show. Seeing Orel bring back people from the dead with a Necromancer spell because he thought that death was a sin was pretty good. I can't wait for the new episodes.

I noticed that during the lineup they show between shows, it's listed as "Ranger Smith" but my digital cable program lists it as "Boo Boo." MAybe it's just a January thing?

And I agree Morel Orel is pretty funny... last Sunday's was much better than the Christmas one which just ended... awkwardly.

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']I noticed that during the lineup they show between shows, it's listed as "Ranger Smith" but my digital cable program lists it as "Boo Boo." MAybe it's just a January thing?

And I agree Morel Orel is pretty funny... last Sunday's was much better than the Christmas one which just ended... awkwardly.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, starting with the Christmas episode just wasn't a great idea. Especially since Orel's dad left the family in that episode but seemed to still be around without much sign of leaving in the season premiere, so it seems that they may just be trying to forget it.

It seems like we've got new dates for new seasons in Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers. Robot Chicken starts in April and VB starts in June. Also, the Boondocks has been renewed for another season, 20 episodes, in late 2006. Good news all around, but why do I have to wait until June to see more VB. :whistle2:(

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It seems like we've got new dates for new seasons in Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers. Robot Chicken starts in April and VB starts in June. Also, the Boondocks has been renewed for another season, 20 episodes, in late 2006. Good news all around, but why do I have to wait until June to see more VB. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Eww, no need for more Boondocks.

Why do people like it? It's stale, well-tread material with not many laughs and not much heart, not to mention a stretched-out runtime.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Eww, no need for more Boondocks.

Why do people like it? It's stale, well-tread material with not many laughs and not much heart, not to mention a stretched-out runtime.[/QUOTE]

Because it's better then reruns of 12oz Mouse and Tom Goes to the Mayor.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']Because it's better then reruns of 12oz Mouse and Tom Goes to the Mayor.[/QUOTE]

QFT, most definitely.

Personally, I get a kick out of the episodes with Samuel L. Jackson as Gin Rummy. Call it a guilty pleasure, really. Same as how I get a kick out of watching those ER eps with William H. Macy on as...Dr. Morgenstern, was it?

Why do people like it? It's stale, well-tread material with not many laughs and not much heart, not to mention a stretched-out runtime.[/QUOTE]

Please. You're clearly mistaking your online gimmick for one hell of a creative show.

Yes. Instead we should all go out and see Doogal this weekend.

[quote name='mykevermin']Please. You're clearly mistaking your online gimmick for one hell of a creative show.[/QUOTE]

This past sunday's episode was weak as hell.

Not sure why they feel the needs to put so much action in it... I don't mind a little when it helps move the story, but shit, I think they went overboard.

bread's done
Back