Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought that Kitby, Jigglypuff, Pac Man, etc should cost less since they were so plain and obviously do t need the detail of ones like FE characters and Captain Falon.
Nintendo's said some are definitely cheaper to produce, but I think the larger profit margin on the simpler one offsets the higher cost ones (Shulk, Link, FE cast), and maybe they even make less of those (except for Link which is a flagship character) because of how much they cost to make VS a Pac-man or Kirby.

I just cannot fathom how Nintendo wouldn't make more Amiibos. Beyond Nintendo I'm sure all the retailers want more to sell. Everybody is missing out on that scalper money...

I just cannot fathom how Nintendo wouldn't make more Amiibos. Beyond Nintendo I'm sure all the retailers want more to sell. Everybody is missing out on that scalper money...
I think Nintendo likes the attention and being in the news about how their item is such a hot commodity. They're trying to not turn amiibos into beanie babies. Which TY decided to over produce to meet demand, then no one cared for beanie babies anymore once plenty was made. People don't want to admit it. But how many percentage of current amiibo buyers wouldn't care for amiibos anymore if they all became commmon. I won't be surprised if it's more than 50%. All you have to look at was when Amiibos first came out before Nintendo announced certain ones was gonna be rare as evidence.

I finally got around to opening a Rosalina I received in trade a few weeks back.

AI00xMgl.jpg

Ouch. It doesn't help that she only has one eye to begin with.

But I suppose beggars can't be choosers in this situation.

Pacman seems to keep popping up & several ops to get him. Obviously pacman is the dullest looking most simplistic amiibo of wave 4. So now I'm questioning are they producing more figures like him due to him being easier to make and less of the ones like Robin and Lucina which are the most complex detailed amiibo to date? If this is the case (which apparently it is since my gamestop had one Robin and one Lucina for Web in store order) then nintendo needs to price these things based off production cost. Pacman 12.99 while figures like Robin be 19.99. Also, if they were going to do a store exclusive they should do the less desirable characters like pacman which appear to be produced in greater numbers with slower sales. I must say Nintendo are masters of under supplying a high demand product but in the end it's costing them.
Pac-man looks as Pac-man is supposed to look. I guess if that means dull to you, it's a subjective matter. But his appearance is true to form with both SSB and several of the later games he's appeared in (Pac-Land or The Pac-Man Adventures series). I'm glad he's been easier to get because he's the only one (other than Wario) from this wave that I want one to keep packaged and one to open.

I finally got around to opening a Rosalina I received in trade a few weeks back.

AI00xMgl.jpg

Ouch. It doesn't help that she only has one eye to begin with.

But I suppose beggars can't be choosers in this situation.
I could easily fix that with some acrylic paint and a toothpick. Just dob it on very carefully using the tip of the toothpick and you'd have to be looking for it to even see anything was wrong.

Hey guys. Because I am fed up with this Amiibo shit I will be giving away a few on my Twitch live stream to followers who enter the giveaway tomorrow during my stream. You must be a registered user, giveaways will commence anywhere from 7am EST to 7pm EST on weds 4/8.

You must claim your prize within 2 minutes of being announced in the chat or your win will be forfeit and given to the next user drawn. 

http://www.twitch.tv/theottomanlive

I will be giving away NIB amiibo

Diddy Kong

Samus

Mega Man

Sonic

Toad

There may be more than one available of certain Amiibo. You only win one of the specific giveaway item announced however, if you win.

I will also be giving away copies of Payday 2: Ultimate Steal Edition for PC with the full game and some DLC via Steam Codes. 

There may or may not be other giveaway goodies as well, I am waiting to see if they arrive in time. Was supposed to have a Lucario and Majora's Mask New 3DS System, but may have to be saved for a future Donate-A-Thon.

About why I am doing this: I develop Uwe Boll films from time to time. I also have a Twitch channel I am streaming from. We are gathering donations for the film Rampage 3, which is in financial trouble as of now. So I am holding a 12 hour stream on 4/8 to try and push for donations for the film. 

This is my Twitch channel, please follow. http://www.twitch.tv/theottomanlive

This is my Twitter, feel free to follow. https://twitter.com/TheRealGaryOtto

I know some of you out there dislike the video game films made through the years. Know that I have been in this camp for at least 10 years but had very little say in the development process until just a few years ago. I tried my best to reboot Bloodrayne films into something that coincided with the games more fluidly. Unfortunately, the series had already suffered significant damage and the lack of support for the films got the re-imagining cancelled late in pre-production. I tried to resurrect the In the Name of the King series with an un-produced prequel and tv pilot that never made it either. I did Associate Produce the 3rd In the Name of the King film. The development process is hard, relies a lot on other people's work. It's a team effort. I can answer some of your questions about some of the films that I was around for, as long as you keep it respectful. 

I am just a human being, just a dude. Just like you. I love video games, and I hope to gain your support and hopefully widen your perspective, that the media in it's attempt to sell ads, may have left you with a poisonous perspective rather than the reality - we are good people, we work really hard and are driven by a passion for film. 

It took 25 years for Cannon Pictures to finally get recognized as "cult" and be accepted for what it was - entertainment. I hope it won't take that long for people to see Boll's video game films exist on that same level. True drive-in cinema, cult classics meant to make you laugh with your friends, and have a good time. Those were never trying to be anything but drive-in films. With the rise of "Grindhouse" maybe this will give you greater perspective on them.

It's easy to judge from an armchair, especially on the internet, but I want Rampage 3 (a film that actually has something to say, not to be mistaken for the video game level films) - I want Rampage 3 to be made and do well so it doesn't end up cancelled like say, a movie we tried to make a few years ago. You may have heard of it, "Postal 2" based on that video game series. The catch 22 is, these films rely on $, if they get no support, they gather no $ - and the next film doesn't get made. There is no German tax credit, not for a very long time. Don't believe everything you read. I hope to see some of you on the stream on 4/8, and I hope you will consider a donation to the film. Every dollar helps, small or big. Some will win the giveaway, some won't, but come by anyway. Know that if you are disrespectful you will be instantly banned so please keep it clean. I did not to the "Risky Business" slide at your grandfather's funeral.  :)

Thanks for listening, guys. Cheers

I think with the many Pacman restocks it's safe to say it's the "semi" common of the bunch. That Jiggy looks insanely nice.

...almost wish I hadn't seen it.

If anyone's bored waiting for the next batch of pre-orders to go live, you can check out my new pages for all currently-announced amiibo figures and plush, including placeholder pages for Mewtwo & Lucas in my 'Future amiibo' section, on amiibros.com. :)
If you hover your mouse over the boxed image on an individual amiibo figure's page, you can see a close-up of the loose figure/plush - including the Splatoon & Yoshi's Wooly World series!

I've also updated the amiibo games page with Mario Kart 8's new compatibility info and some (limited) info about amiibo TAP & Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.

They're not currently active, but I have all currently available US pre-order links for Wave 4 & Splatoon on each individual amiibo figure's page.

All of the Amazon links for Wave 4 & Splatoon (and Jigglypuff from Target) are also on the main page for easy access. :D

Here's hoping the Amazon links go live soon and we can all get the amiibo we want! :pray:

I'd rather just not contribute to greed. Give them away, not sell them. Because this is all total bullshit. Especially the Greninja fiasco. Based on principle, it was either burn them or give them away. Upselling was never an option. But that's me. No more hunting, no more self-degrading nonsense. Amiibo can go fuck themselves, so can Toys R Us

• If anyone's bored waiting for the next batch of pre-orders to go live, you can check out my new pages for all currently-announced amiibo figures and plush, including placeholder pages for Mewtwo & Lucas in my 'Future amiibo' section, on amiibros.com. :)
    If you hover your mouse over the boxed image on an individual amiibo figure's page, you can see a close-up of the loose figure/plush - including the Splatoon & Yoshi's Wooly World series!

I've also updated the amiibo games page with Mario Kart 8's new compatibility info and some (limited) info about amiibo TAP & Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer.

They're not currently active, but I have all currently available US pre-order links for Wave 4 & Splatoon on each individual amiibo figure's page.

All of the Amazon links for Wave 4 & Splatoon (and Jigglypuff from Target) are also on the main page for easy access. :D

Here's hoping the Amazon links go live soon and we can all get the amiibo we want! :pray:
    That's what, your third advertisement for yourself within the last week at a minimum? You have a site, you call people bros, ok, enough.

• That's what, your third advertisement for yourself within the last week at a minimum? You have a site, you call people bros, ok, enough.
Oh please, he's actively trying to help everyone. Yeah I get it that it's plug but let's be honest. What have you done for the good of everyone in this thread?

Because I'll be the first to admit I haven't done crap compared to him.

I am just a human being, just a dude. Just like you. I love video games, and I hope to gain your support and hopefully widen your perspective, that the media in it's attempt to sell ads, may have left you with a poisonous perspective rather than the reality - we are good people, we work really hard and are driven by a passion for film.
I can't pretend to be a fan of Boll's films, but I appreciate your honesty and transparency. I don't think I have seen the ones you mentioned having a greater production hand in, so maybe I will check those out. Either way, thanks for informing us of this contest. Some may see it as advertising, but when the thread is moving slowly (as it is now) it's a good opportunity to explore related avenues of discussion, though I know not everyone on here agrees with me on that point.

Off topic, being an extra in a movie is on my bucket list, I'd especially like to be in a small non-speaking role in a horror or sci-fi film. I had the opportunity to be on "Saturday Night Lights" as a dude sitting in the stands, but passed up that opportunity. I'm getting old now though, so if I'm going to do it, probably need to do it soon. If you guys film anything in Texas I'm all in for cameo appearance :pray:

I think with the many Pacman restocks it's safe to say it's the "semi" common of the bunch. That Jiggy looks insanely nice.

...almost wish I hadn't seen it.
I can't be the only one that sees it as a pink blob with a couple of stickers on it, more than a tad derpy. Admittedly Kirby isn't much better but he looks a bit more convincing to me. All but the smallest impulse of collecting is keeping me from almost abandoning it xD

just got my MP Mario replacement amiibo from Amazon (after receiving a destroyed mario the other day) and sure enough the replacement was worse than the original. What the hell is wrong with Amazon's handling of amiibos?

just got my MP Mario replacement amiibo from Amazon (after receiving a destroyed mario the other day) and sure enough the replacement was worse than the original. What the hell is wrong with Amazon's handling of amiibos?
I got my 3D in a squished package (not from Amazon) and suffered a bent corner. Meh. Been through so much b/s trying to get that particular one stupid Amiibo (weeeeks worth) and that was just the cherry on top lol. Seriously! Gotta give it up at some point and just jump on what you can and save yourself some stress sometimes.

Oh please, he's actively trying to help everyone. Yeah I get it that it's plug but let's be honest. What have you done for the good of everyone in this thread?

Because I'll be the first to admit I haven't done crap compared to him.
Hey man, I'm giving them away tomorrow. My post just got buried on the last page. Plug me then. I need the support and I'm giving back to the community so hey gabba gabba hey

I can't be the only one that sees it as a pink blob with a couple of stickers on it, more than a tad derpy. Admittedly Kirby isn't much better but he looks a bit more convincing to me. All but the smallest impulse of collecting is keeping me from almost abandoning it xD
Well Jiggy is pretty simple for a kids character. I think that's part of the charm. Would be funny though if they included a microphone.

I can't pretend to be a fan of Boll's films, but I appreciate your honesty and transparency. I don't think I have seen the ones you mentioned having a greater production hand in, so maybe I will check those out. Either way, thanks for informing us of this contest. Some may see it as advertising, but when the thread is moving slowly (as it is now) it's a good opportunity to explore related avenues of discussion, though I know not everyone on here agrees with me on that point.

Off topic, being an extra in a movie is on my bucket list, I'd especially like to be in a small non-speaking role in a horror or sci-fi film. I had the opportunity to be on "Saturday Night Lights" as a dude sitting in the stands, but passed up that opportunity. I'm getting old now though, so if I'm going to do it, probably need to do it soon. If you guys film anything in Texas I'm all in for cameo appearance :pray:
I can tell you much about the ones you may hate. The problem are the writers, not the director. And his movies have changed by leaps and bounds ever since Postal. They aren't for everyone, but I jumped camp from Troma to Boll for a reason. The guy is not what you'd think and the movies are getting better JUST AS THE MONEY STARTS TO FALTER... it's truly ironic. And makes me sad. I actually believe in him, these films, the work I've done. And you need to think this about video game films in general - they're all pretty rooted in "drive in" cinema - Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, even the Resident Evil films. They are schlock entertainment, and I can't think of any video game film by ANYONE that was "powerful" - they're all meant to be just entertainment. When you develop a film, you develop it not just for the progressive realist in L.A. or NY, but for the guy in Middle America in some podunk town that thought "Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy" was "dat weird film dat made no sense" lol. It's hard to please them all and if you want to hear my opinion go ahead and ask me questions and join the stream tomorrow. Just please be polite because you have no freaking idea how much hate I have to endure in my life because of what I have done. And worst part is, like Boll, it's something I genuinely love to do. But the townspeople and my fellow gamers have the pitchforks on hand at this point, and all I can do is keep a low profile. Well, now that we're doing poorly with financing these weird films that are MUCH HIGHER QUALITY than the game films, I just said why the F not? What do I have to lose?

I get judged on the caliber of my pesonal character and the quality of my work simply by association. And I truly think Boll is a very talented man, a very nice fellow as well. He rewards hard work, he is an incredible businessman, and he is more humble than one might think. To hear he is ready to just about give up makes me sad. What then? I want to have kids with my wife and I've developed all these films that never made it. Will I myself have to stop doing this just because it won't pay the bills anymore? Forever leaving me with that "what if" - so here I am. Putting myself out there. Giving my stuff away, literally, in hopes someone can donate to this film, Rampage 3. Give us a chance. House of The Dead - did you know there is a "funny version" out there? It exists for a reason. Alone in the Dark, that's one I think Boll actually does regret but it's got good lighting, and performances no worse than say the actor who played Albert Wesker in Resident Evil... it's just that the screenwriter started writing stuff without getting approval, got fired with all the sets built and ready to shoot 2 weeks before production started. They got a script together in two weeks. Had I been writing, it would have been higher quality. You should have seen the Bloodrayne reboot I had treaments for. It was fucking badass... Mynce, Wulf... lots of characters from the game... it was like a cross between Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and a horror movie. But enough about me... thanks for the support. I hope to see you on the stream, all of you. I'm sorry about the films you didn't like, but give us another shot. Watch "Assault on Wall Street" or the "Rampage" series... things are changing... we are hanging in there. Peace, brother

P.S. Josh - we have been filming in Vancouver and Bulgaria due to tax breaks (which still aren't enough) - films like the Conan reboot, the Expendables films are also filmed in Bulgaria for this same reason. If someone were to donate a couple grand - like I said, I can get you "killed" in the movie Rampage 3, you'd just have to pay your own airfare. Background extras is really the casting director's job, but I can stick my neck out if the donation is substantial and you write me. You can keep your costume, too with the bloodied bullet holes. But something like that would be reserved for like 2000-3000+ donation. Maybe this is someone's dream out there, dunno. Best of luck to you tho. Cheers

My MetaKnight from bestbuy.com in February arrived in a padded envelope completely crushed. I called anf complained. They said call back in a few weeks and they might have more. I called back in March and they said they would ship more out to me on April 7th. I wasn't expected anything, and then a couple weeks later I received a refund so I thought that was the end. But today I received an email saying they were reshipped, with tracking info and everything! So maybe there really are more coming for the summer.

My MetaKnight from bestbuy.com in February arrived in a padded envelope completely crushed. I called anf complained. They said call back in a few weeks and they might have more. I called back in March and they said they would ship more out to me on April 7th. I wasn't expected anything, and then a couple weeks later I received a refund so I thought that was the end. But today I received an email saying they were reshipped, with tracking info and everything! So maybe there really are more coming for the summer.
Got refund and then a reshipped? So MK reshipped for free?

Got refund and then a reshipped? So MK reshipped for free?
Yeah, they told me they would reship. Then I received the refund thinking that ment they couldn't get more. But then I got the reship confirmation with tracking # today. Still not gonna hold my breath until they are actually in my hand.

Yeah, they told me they would reship. Then I received the refund thinking that ment they couldn't get more. But then I got the reship confirmation with tracking # today. Still not gonna hold my breath until they are actually in my hand.
You're just living the American dream!

Interesting. The tracking number is promising. Definitely give us an update when you receive them. :)

BB is even worse.

Got two separate shipment with 2 Amiibos each.

Both were in small boxes, smaller than the size of an individual amiibo box.

What did the shipper decide to do? fold down the cards just to squeeze them in a single box.

Absolutely infuriating, i dont understand how hard it is to ship in a box one size bigger.

Ironically, all my amiibos from amazon have come spotless. I've had shipments with 1, 2, & 3 amiibo each all in appropriate sized boxes.

I rather spend the extra 2-3 to get them from amazon w/ prime then save that money with GCU and end up with a damaged amiibo.

BB is even worse.

What did the shipper decide to do? fold down the cards just to squeeze them in a single box.

Absolutely infuriating, i dont understand how hard it is to ship in a box one size bigger.

Ironically, all my amiibos from amazon have come spotless. I've had shipments with 1, 2, & 3 amiibo each all in appropriate sized boxes.

I rather spend the extra 2-3 to get them from amazon w/ prime then save that money with GCU and end up with a damaged amiibo.
From BB, only DK came in a padded envelope (I'm glad I was able to return it and buy another one). The rest of my orders from BB have come in properly sized boxes. I guess YMMV depending on the BB warehouse?

BB is even worse.

Are you holding your New 3DS with a surgical glove?

Are you holding your New 3DS with a surgical glove?
Lol no, just a regular plastic glove. (use them in laboratory classes for my university)

took the pic when i took it out the box for the 1st time to check it worked and put it back in box while i waited for TPU case to release.

From BB, only DK came in a padded envelope (I'm glad I was able to return it and buy another one). The rest of my orders from BB have come in properly sized boxes. I guess YMMV depending on the BB warehouse?
Received the shipments from NC warhouse and East Syracuse Warhouse. so i would be weary if your shipment comes from either place.
It's bad enough that almost all the games i order from BB the discs come lose in case, because they don't use a proper padded envelope. (if it wasn't for GCU i would never order from BB).

I can't believe Pac Man keeps selling out lmao
Are you serious? Pac-Man should be the most likely to sell out. I mean, everybody knows who Pac-Man is, but the average customer on the street has no idea who the hell "Lucina" or "Robin" is, and at best they'd probably guess Batman's sidekick for the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back