Android App 10 Days $0.10 Sale (12/06/2011 - 12/15/2011)

Locky

CAG Veteran
10B_D01_US_web.jpg

Google is running a special promo for reaching 10 billion downloads. They've marked down several premium apps to ten cents including a few games and some very useful apps. The current theory is that the apps will change on a daily basis so grab it today if you want anything.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day Cinco:

Day Six:

Day 7:

Day The Ocho:

Day 9:

Day 10:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Serious McMopy']I am such a complete whore for this 10 cent sale. I freakin' bought The Berenstain Bears' Bedtime Battle.[/QUOTE]

So how is it?

Is it worth picking up Reckless Racing Play if I already picked up Reckless Racing? I know it's only $0.10, but if it's basically the same damn game...well, I don't know about it.

In all honesty, I'm not sure that I'll ever play RR, let alone want to play it a second time in the HD version.

[quote name='The End']Is it worth picking up Reckless Racing Play if I already picked up Reckless Racing? I know it's only $0.10, but if it's basically the same damn game...well, I don't know about it.

In all honesty, I'm not sure that I'll ever play RR, let alone want to play it a second time in the HD version.[/QUOTE]
I went ahead and got the Play version too, even though I bought RR the other day. About 10 minutes after I bought the Play version I submit for a refund. The sound refuses to work no matter what I tried on my Droid RAZR. The non Play version of RR works perfectly though, so to answer your question, personally I say no. If you have RR already, just skip the play version it seems to have issues with newer phones.

[quote name='Hakudoshi']I went ahead and got the Play version too, even though I bought RR the other day. About 10 minutes after I bought the Play version I submit for a refund. The sound refuses to work no matter what I tried on my Droid RAZR. The non Play version of RR works perfectly though, so to answer your question, personally I say no. If you have RR already, just skip the play version it seems to have issues with newer phones.[/QUOTE]

What is supposed to be the difference between the two? The descriptions are identical.

[quote name='cycophuk']What is supposed to be the difference between the two? The descriptions are identical.[/QUOTE]
As far as I could tell, the Play version is HD while the normal version is just considered "low res" I think. The only difference I noticed was the textures on the Play version were much higher resolution and the 3D models on the fencing in the tutorial level were much more detailed. Not really a big deal I would think, I read a bunch of the reviews and that's all I can tell. Lot's of other people complaining of sound not working too.

Just a warning, I got a fraud alert from Chase. I knew I was going to set off the fraud alerts with the Google 10 cent purchases but they also caught two charges of similar size($1 and under) from iTunes China and something else for 66 cents. It happens to be my Amazon card, so they shot me a call right away.

I haven't had this issue prior to placing orders from the app store. The charges happened this morning at 8:55 but thankfully I was home to take the call. Make what you will of it.

[quote name='Mad39er']Just a warning, I got a fraud alert from Chase. I knew I was going to set off the fraud alerts with the Google 10 cent purchases but they also caught two charges of similar size($1 and under) from iTunes China and something else for 66 cents. It happens to be my Amazon card, so they shot me a call right away.

I haven't had this issue prior to placing orders from the app store. The charges happened this morning at 8:55 but thankfully I was home to take the call. Make what you will of it.[/QUOTE]

LOL I got an fraud email too from AA. Guess I'll have to call them.

[quote name='Mad39er']Just a warning, I got a fraud alert from Chase. I knew I was going to set off the fraud alerts with the Google 10 cent purchases but they also caught two charges of similar size($1 and under) from iTunes China and something else for 66 cents. It happens to be my Amazon card, so they shot me a call right away.

I haven't had this issue prior to placing orders from the app store. The charges happened this morning at 8:55 but thankfully I was home to take the call. Make what you will of it.[/QUOTE]
Did you purchase through the Market app or through the website? Just curious if it makes a difference.

[quote name='xilly']Either your phone sucks, or you're doing it wrong. Mine recognizes multiple fingers every single time, let alone just one.[/QUOTE]

HTC Sensation 4G. My phone does not suck. I had multiple people try it.

[quote name='velvet396']HTC Sensation 4G. My phone does not suck. I had multiple people try it.[/QUOTE]

I have a Samsung Galaxy player 5.0 and it doesn't register the FN swipes as well as it does on my iPhone 4s. Probably not just you.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Did you purchase through the Market app or through the website? Just curious if it makes a difference.[/QUOTE]
I made previous purchases over the phone, this time I switched credit cards on the phone over 3G(not wifi, as my router has crappy wireless) but I also placed the majority of orders through the web page. Purchases were made yesterday, two fraudulent charges were made today at a time where I "should" be at work, I was sent a fraud text to my phone which I thought was simply delayed google billing and authorized the purchase. Chase/Amazon fraud followed up with a call to my home phone to make sure my phone wasn't stolen I guess.

More than likely I'm safe with the web page, but you never know. I'll try using a virtual credit card now for these small purchases and disposability's sake.

I definitely recommend Space Physics. I had this game a long time ago and its one of my favorite games on android

[quote name='Mad39er']I made previous purchases over the phone, this time I switched credit cards on the phone over 3G(not wifi, as my router has crappy wireless) but I also placed the majority of orders through the web page. Purchases were made yesterday, two fraudulent charges were made today at a time where I "should" be at work, I was sent a fraud text to my phone which I thought was simply delayed google billing and authorized the purchase. Chase/Amazon fraud followed up with a call to my home phone to make sure my phone wasn't stolen I guess.

More than likely I'm safe with the web page, but you never know. I'll try using a virtual credit card now for these small purchases and disposability's sake.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got dinged for a couple unauthorized charges so I had to swap out my CC numbers just in case. I'm going to have to think harder when I actually purchase these even though I just used Amazon credit to pay the 10 cents. It's a hassle to get new cards issued and resetting all of my autobill pays.

Dont know if anyone else had this, but i got charged 1.99 for one of the .10 games. Site even said .10 but charged 1.99. It was the reckless racing. Other apps were charged properly. Just a word of warning.

Anyone else having trouble with the ADWLauncher EX? I've tried to purchase it about 3 times, but each time it says there was an error with the marketplace. They claim that I won't be charged on the order detail page, but I've currently got the charges pending on my cc account.

Damn, just a word of warning for anyone who's gone the Touchpad-Android route: While the Tetris demo runs fine, the $0.10 Tetris says it's not authorized for use with my Android device. YMMV, but..

[quote name='mr_bungle']I downloaded Tetris for free last night...?[/QUOTE]

Ad supported. This one doesn't have the ads. It's worth it to me to pay 10 cents not to have the damned ads.

[quote name='tankass']Dont know if anyone else had this, but i got charged 1.99 for one of the .10 games. Site even said .10 but charged 1.99. It was the reckless racing. Other apps were charged properly. Just a word of warning.[/QUOTE]

Reckless Racing was yesterday's deal. Today's $0.10 deal is Reckless GETAWAY. They should've done a better job of naming the games.

I have a lot of $0.10 charges pending on my Chase credit card. I guess Google is waiting for that $1.00 charge to be approved or something. Gonna be interesting to see when I'll get that call from Chase. Suddenly, 18 charges of 10 cents is trying to go through. I can imagine this raising a flag.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I have a Samsung Galaxy player 5.0 and it doesn't register the FN swipes as well as it does on my iPhone 4s. Probably not just you.[/QUOTE]

Reinstalled the app and it's working pretty flawlessly now. Hm. Didn't change any settings. I can see how this would be fun for kinect or a tablet.

I dunno about downloading Tetris on Android Market, I mean, sure it's $0.10, but chances are I won't be playing it right away and all those reviews about it not being able to redownload it and EA being shady just in the comments section alone...there's gotta be some truth to it all right?

Just checked Amazon, if anything, maybe I'll get it from them. They're matching the price for it...and they have a newer version as far as I know.

Edit:
Disappointing, also, definitely gonna pass on Homerun Battle 3D. Apparently your stats get deleted with each update, the dev previously locked out all root users (paid and pirate alike) and this app has ads.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']I just got an e-mail fraud alert also.....CapitalOne[/QUOTE]
Was yours simply because of the $.10 charges or was someone trying to use your card in an unauthorized manner?

Just received a call from my bank. Apparently the $0.10 charges were flagged and they wanted to make sure of the legitimacy.

Also, for those worried about Tetris on a Touchpad, it appears you need to be connected to the internet the first time you run it for verification. I had the same "not authorized for use on this device" message, noticed I wasn't on the network. Relogged and no problem.

[quote name='mac101010']Reckless Racing was yesterday's deal. Today's $0.10 deal is Reckless GETAWAY. They should've done a better job of naming the games.[/QUOTE]

Guess that makes sense, but it listed .10 when i ordered which made me assume it was still on. Oh well, at least i learned the 15 min return rule.

[quote name='Keyboard Cowboy']Just received a call from my bank. Apparently the $0.10 charges were flagged and they wanted to make sure of the legitimacy.

Also, for those worried about Tetris on a Touchpad, it appears you need to be connected to the internet the first time you run it for verification. I had the same "not authorized for use on this device" message, noticed I wasn't on the network. Relogged and no problem.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't surprise me. Online activation is standard EA par for the course these days. Gotta make sure people paid their 10 cents. :roll:

[quote name='Keyboard Cowboy']Just received a call from my bank. Apparently the $0.10 charges were flagged and they wanted to make sure of the legitimacy.

Also, for those worried about Tetris on a Touchpad, it appears you need to be connected to the internet the first time you run it for verification. I had the same "not authorized for use on this device" message, noticed I wasn't on the network. Relogged and no problem.[/QUOTE]

Interesting; I did notice my internet had been going in and out at that time, so I'll try it again, thanks for the heads-up.

Ooh! Didn't know that Toki Tori was included today! If it's the same basic game as the PC version, then it's a true gem.

I am not sure if this has already been posted but there are quite a few apps that are listed at $0.10 that are not listed on the promotion page for example

Game Dev Story is $0.10
Shazam Encore is also $0.10

and I think there's a few more but that's what I've found so far... apologies if this has been posted already.

[quote name='xCappax']I am not sure if this has already been posted but there are quite a few apps that are listed at $0.10 that are not listed on the promotion page for example

Game Dev Story is $0.10
Shazam Encore is also $0.10

and I think there's a few more but that's what I've found so far... apologies if this has been posted already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the deals start leaking out around 5 or 6 in the morning. Over on slickdeals, they've already identified 9 of the 10 games. Taken from SD:

Shazam Encore
Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Baseball Superstars 2011
Need For Speed Shift
Game Dev Story
Jelly Defense
Spirit HD
Farm Frenzy
My Beach HD

[quote name='The End']Yeah, the deals start leaking out around 5 or 6 in the morning. Over on slickdeals, they've already identified 9 of the 10 games. Taken from SD:

Shazam Encore
Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Baseball Superstars 2011
Need For Speed Shift
Game Dev Story
Jelly Defense
Spirit HD
Farm Frenzy
My Beach HD[/QUOTE]

Omg got damn

Hmmm wondering if the market is having issues, been buying these things left and right with no problems, now today it's giving me "An error occurred while processing your purchase. Please try again later".

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Hmmm wondering if the market is having issues, been buying these things left and right with no problems, now today it's giving me "An error occurred while processing your purchase. Please try again later".[/QUOTE]
Having the same issue here.

When it's working again, Game Dev Story comes highly recommended. :)

Cool thanks, I'm gonna grab that and Need for Speed and then I'll check the others out as well, I mean damn for a dime how could you really go wrong at this point.

I wish I could play these on my Chromebook. I guess I will just order GDS for my wife's G2 and hopefully pry it off her ear so I can play. lol.

Yeah i'm getting errors like everyone else, damn those SD'ers, gotta blame somebody. :lol:

I typed in Need For Speed Shift and all I got was guides, unlockers for NFS games. Any else seeing this? :bouncy:

Need for Speed Shift is still not coming up for me in the Market. I even went to games, then racing and it's not there. Is this a fucking joke? :lol:

bread's done
Back