Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

Just got FIFA 10. Haven't played a soccer game on a last gen console since FIFA 2003, but I'm having a good deal of fun with this one. I've played it on 360 and still think I'd prefer the newer gen versions, but this is still a pretty good time.

[quote name='Rodimus']Just got a copy of Radiata Stories. I hear mixed things about it. Some hate it, others love it.[/QUOTE]

I love that game. It was fun and not too long. Played through it twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually still going through Dragon Quest 8. Also been playing Ultimate Spiderman cause it's just mindless fun. Think I might pick up FF X-2 since I never played it before.

Been playing Devil Kings it's your standard hack-n-slash fare, it's pretty fun.

Though the name change for the characters are really stupid
ex: Scorpio = Yukimura Sanada, Devil King = Oda Nobunaga.
Way to make the characters sound less cool Capcom.

Thankfully Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes is gonna keep everything authentic as possible.

Rogue Galaxy while the wife is playing FFX. I want to pick up DQVIII but every copy I've found is in poor condition. That and I don't have much cash left till next paycheck.

[quote name='Doomed']4chan memes are now funny![/QUOTE]

u mad? is not a 4chan meme and it existed way before 4chan got popular. im sure the person that said this didn't now this either.

Hmmm ... recently plugged in the PS2 for Sly 3.

Even though I finally picked up a 360, I find myself loving my old games ;-)

[quote name='ConsoleHandheldGamer']Well, I've been enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

It's not bad. It's essentially DWs or SWs with some plot and some flying sequences.

If you like that kind of game, you probably would like Crimson Sea 2 -- a better game IMHO.

[quote name='LeafPanda']Gonna finish Persona 3 FES, and try to finish persona 4[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna do the same as well, but I still trying to finish Tales of Abyss.

I just started Wild ARMs 3. And holy shit, this game looks gorgeous on my HDTV through component.

Luckily it's a unique enough setting that I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me, as I really dislike some of the mechanics. I was told to go ahead and play with a map handy to avoid some of the frustration of finding things (it'll be even easier once I save up the money to buy the world map in-game).

After Grandia II and this game, I'm almost thinking missing the turn-of-the-century era of RPGs was a good thing. Why the obsession with forcing me to constantly rotate the camera 360 degrees to find where I'm going? I get it, it's THREE-DEE!

I couldn't bear myself to finish Wild ARMS 3, and my bro didn't finish it (even thou he bought the game!), mostly due to the in-game mechanics, which is somewhat flawed (not unplayable thou). I did finished Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits.

Right now, I am sorting through all the games that my family have, no need to hold on every game!

I was selling Wild ARMS 3 + guide on ebay, but it didn't get sold. I am on the waiting period, before I can post a sales/trade thread.

My biggest issue is the crap manually pinging a radar to stumble upon hidden locations (seriously, you couldn't see that town in front of you?). Once I buy a map in-game, then I should be able to find everything based on an online map pretty easily.

I generally like the way battles are set up, so we'll see if that keeps me going for 40-60 hours, however unlikely. My patience for games is extremely thin nowadays.

Do the other wild arms fix these problems or should I not bother with the series at all?
Also out Suikoden 3,4 and 5 which one is the "best" or the most fun to play?

Wild Arms 4 was mehtastic. I can only imagine the others are too.

For Suikoden, of those three, I believe everyone says 3 was teh bestest. 5 is also supposed to be good, but it's more expensive, so unless you already have them both, get 3. 4 is universally hated.

Also, the Grandia series... why do people call it the best battle system ever? The only enjoyment I got from Grandia 2 was talking to the townspeople. ._.

lol I could've sworn people liked 4, but alright,
I've been trying to raise my ps2 rpg collection and play them all and this project was kind of on pause until a week ago, but now I'm trying my best to finish it

I believe my friend said the map issue was resolved in WA4, but I can't say anything about the rest of either game yet.

Grandia II certainly had a more engaging battle system than usual (it was like ATB on steroids) though I wouldn't go all hyperbolic on it. I would have played that longer did the PS2 version not freeze up.

[quote name='anubis20']Still am, playing Shadow of the colossus, only have 3 giants left to kill[/QUOTE]
Need to play this too

[quote name='skyknight']I couldn't bear myself to finish Wild ARMS 3, and my bro didn't finish it (even thou he bought the game!), mostly due to the in-game mechanics, which is somewhat flawed (not unplayable thou). I did finished Arc the Lad: Twilight of Spirits.

Right now, I am sorting through all the games that my family have, no need to hold on every game!

I was selling Wild ARMS 3 + guide on ebay, but it didn't get sold. I am on the waiting period, before I can post a sales/trade thread.[/QUOTE]

Wild Arms 5 is a solid game. Don't know much about WA3 but I hated 2 and I wasn't going to touch another WA game until I heard it changed its battle system. WA5 uses WA4's system and the narrative is a little better.

[quote name='botticus']I believe my friend said the map issue was resolved in WA4, but I can't say anything about the rest of either game yet.

Grandia II certainly had a more engaging battle system than usual (it was like ATB on steroids) though I wouldn't go all hyperbolic on it. I would have played that longer did the PS2 version not freeze up.[/QUOTE]

I've heard Grandia II on the PS2 is a horrible port. I have it on the DC and it remains one of my favorite games.

The only thing that I am using my PS2 for now is Timesplitters: Future Perfect. I plan on trading in several other games to GameStop to thin out my collection.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Wild Arms 4 was mehtastic. I can only imagine the others are too.

For Suikoden, of those three, I believe everyone says 3 was teh bestest. 5 is also supposed to be good, but it's more expensive, so unless you already have them both, get 3. 4 is universally hated.

Also, the Grandia series... why do people call it the best battle system ever? The only enjoyment I got from Grandia 2 was talking to the townspeople. ._.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed 4 it has a good story but 5 is the best out of the 3 on ps2

Suikoden 4 is alright if you don't try to compare it to the other games in the series. It is enjoyable is you think of it as a separate entity from the better games.

Watched the Quick Look on giantbomb for P3P and remembered that I own the original, so I've just started playing Persona 3 (non-FES, w/sountrack and art book) this week.

I still play on it, it's actually the most latest sytem that I have. I may have a mess around on GTA San Andreas tonight, but haven't been playing anything on it for the past week, since I've been playing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on my DC.

[quote name='momouchi']Starting up a Xenosaga series run through since I just picked up the third game.[/QUOTE]

I am just finishing the third game up. I really enjoyed this series.:bouncy: There is a lot of story to be told in these games. The combat system is a little different in each game, but I liked all three styles.

Well I have a backwards compatible PS3 which I still play PS2 games on. Currently it's nothing but I occasionally pop in KH I/II or Dark Cloud 2. I also keep thinking about picking up Okami again because I never got anywhere near finishing it.

Ratchet: deadlocked and SD Gundam Force: Showdown
the radiata stories I got from hollywood video doesnt work. should I be disapointed?

Gonna start Metal Gear Solid 3: snake eater
right after my darn final tomorrow

then I want to get into Rogue Galaxy

i'm trying 2 get through Wizardy 5. It's pretty old school style rpg like the old D&D games on pc. I love it! plus the artwork for the character interaction is great :) and they add some sounds to the background like in the pub to make you feel like your actually there ESPECIALLY with surround sound! i got it at gamestop while i was working one night someone traded it in. the disk and case and manual are flawless and with my edge card and employee discount i got it for like 3 dollars!

Wizardry 5 is the Forsaken Land one right? I just found a disc-only Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land at GS. I have to finish Xenosaga before popping it in though.

About 11 hours into Rogue Galaxy and enjoying it so far. Only qualm I have is that the maps can be fairly large/bland, but acting and story seem quite good.

Picked up DQ VIII off Amazon with my free trial of Prime for 10.99 shipped! Comes Saturday :p. I'll be sure to pick up a bunch of other stuff before it runs out. Playing my PS2 more than my PS3, no games of interest as of late(for me at least).

bread's done
Back