Attack on crowd at Denver Dark Knight Rises midnight showing

WTF?

When has a movie theater actually pulled a stunt in where a performer does something similar to what is happening in a movie during the movie? NEVER , well at least never at the ones I have been to. You got to be that stupid to believe that smoke bombs and gun fire is part of "the show".

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']If true, it wouldn't be the first terrorist plot entirely concocted by the government. In fact, the vast majority of foiled plots that make the news are completely orchestrated by the government.

http://www.salon.com/2011/09/29/fbi_terror/

So, to answer your question, yes, it's entirely in the realm of possibility.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? If you are, why do you live here? If I thought for a moment the government was that corrupt, I'd leave. I don't, though, because I'm not bat squeak insane...

[quote name='Chase']Saw this in my Twitter feed. (It's in regards to the killer.)

tVU47.jpg

Is there any truth to what is mentioned?[/QUOTE]
I don't know the guy, but I've read all of those bullet points on a few non-mainstream media sites.

Here's an interesting read:
http://www.naturalnews.com/032934_ATF_illegal_firearms.html

Yikes. I wish I had enough money to move out of this hellhole.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/24/james-holmes-lawsuit-shooting/

The first lawsuit is on its way. The plaintiff, who wasn't even physically injured in the shooting, plans to sue the theater, Holmes' doctors, and Warner Bros. for compensation for his trauma.[/QUOTE]

1. The theater. Karpel claims it was negligent for the theater to have an emergency door in the front that was not alarmed or guarded. It's widely believed Holmes entered the theater with a ticket, propped the emergency door open from inside, went to his car and returned with guns.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ummmm i can see two things was it REALLY AN EMERGENCY DOOR Or was it a back door to the place. our places have a door in front of the screens that lead to the back of the place but its a normal door... so i wonder if it was REALLY AN EMERGENCY DOOR or a basic door.. if it was a Emergency door USE ONLY i can see grounds where this can and will stand so they will win this part

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Holmes' doctors. Karpel says it appears Holmes was on several medications -- prescribed by one or more doctors -- at the time of the shooting and he believes the docs did not properly monitor Holmes.

HE lawsuit has no grounds here and will be tossed out in second . what is the doctor going to do follow him 24/7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3Warner Bros. Karpel says "Dark Knight Rises" was particularly violent and Holmes mimicked some of the action. The attorney says theater goers were helpless because they thought the shooter was part of the movie. Karpel tells TMZ, "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today."

the person who has the lawsuit must not think its violent movie cause they went to see it so they knew the risk they was taking... How the hell could he MIMIC Some of the action When NOONE SEEN THE MOVIE YET

im still shocked that WB has not came out and said WE will donate 10 or 20% of opening weekends box office to the victims but then again movie cost 400 million so i doubt they will give out a penny until the make 400 back (250 to make it 150 to promote it)

[quote name='Chase']Saw this in my Twitter feed. (It's in regards to the killer.)

tVU47.jpg

Doubtful he was like an "experienced shooter". He was firing a semi automatic weapon at a large mass of people. Reloading quickly likely came from him practicing in his apartment, he didn't buy the weapons the day before. The shooting sounds on the 911 call really have nothing to do with how proficient he was. I only heard about him having one jam with the assault rifle and then he supposedly switched weapons. Even if he did manage his weapon jamming, it's something anyone could learn off the internet -- it's not rocket science (I'm skipping the obvious joke).

If I understand correctly, he wasn't allowed into the theater wearing all that stuff, he excused himself for a phone call through a direct exit and went to his car. Also, what stress? He was the stress. He didn't have people returning fire.

One more thing... it's from 4chan.

Realized I posted this on the wrong Batman thraed but...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ado-article-1.1120622?localLinksEnabled=false

Man arrested after threatening movie goers and calling out for a gun during "The Dark Knight Rises"

s-CLARK-TABOR-large.jpg

NORWALK, CALIF. (AP) - A man is accused of making criminal threats at a screening of the new Batman movie at a Southern California theater.

The Los Angeles county sheriff's office said Monday that 52-year-old Clark Tabor was being held on $50,000 bail.

Deputies were called to the AMC Norwalk 20 cineplex around 5 p.m. Sunday after moviegoers complained of a man who started yelling when the showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” didn’t start. Witnesses say Tabor then shouted, “I should go off like in Colorado,” and, “Does anybody have a gun?”

A security guard saw Tabor with a backpack on his knees in the second row, and Tabor was arrested.

Deputies searched the bag, the theater and its surrounding area but did not find any weapon.
:whistle2:#

tVU47.jpg

Not unless you're a conspiracy theorist nutbag.

[quote name='dohdough']Not unless you're a conspiracy theorist nutbag.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Ugh, I can not stand conspiracy theorist....
While all those things about the shooter may be true, people often forgot the power of passion and drive. This guy had planned this for months, dropped out of school, and didn't have a job. Which leaves him nothing but time focus solely on his one true goal in life. He could have spent dozens of hours repetitively loading and reloading his gun and watching videos on the internet, aiming, and studying the guns and shooting range footage. I guess in a strange way the thing that gets me most about conspiracy theories is that they often minimize human beings ability to achieve something when they put their minds to, whether it be amazing (walking on the moon) or awful (taking down two huge building with two planes).

The conspiracy theories are hilarious. And what's just as hilarious is how the argument of "responisible citizens" and "banning cars" keeps coming up in those debates.

In regards to the guy suing WARNER BROS of all people because "Somebody has to be responsible for the rampant violence that is shown today":

What a piece of shit. He should have been killed in the shooting. Scum of a human being, trying to capitalize on those actually harmed in some way.

There, I said it.

[quote name='Brak']"Fast & Furious" and "direct commercial sales" are real, little guy.

You post a couple of smileys and then a news link to Scientific American. You're highly skilled at expressing yourself and your viewpoints, I see. Good work.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm aware of the black eye that is the "Fast & Furious" program, but the link you tacitly endorsed seems to have some questionable details and absurd conclusions to say the least. Just so you know, when you show someone the Loose Change video and they start laughing at you, it isn't because they think the twin towers are still standing.

I was just shedding some light on why people would buy in to such nonsense. Thinking James Holmes is the brainwashed government black ops asset whose ultimate function is to stir panic so they can take yer guns away...that's pretty funny on its face, but at least the world makes a bit more sense now right? Order out of chaos, and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purple Flames']Here's a bit of good news coming out of this case: Christian Bale visits shooting victims in the hospital.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31301174/detail.html[/QUOTE]

Nice to see a big name Hollywood star that isn't completely full of himself to the point of not bothering to do little things like this. He could have easily left the whole situation alone after issuing his public statement regarding the shooting, but to take the time to publicly visit the victims shows a whole lot of character.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't know.. from all accounts I've heard (besides this) Christian Bale is a fucking dick[/QUOTE]
The only time I've ever heard of him being a dick was that whole stupid lighting thing on Terminator Salvation, but with how god fucking awful that movie turned out and how no talent of a director McG is I'd say he has every right to be livid over everything on that set. Plus in the end, who cares? We don't know these people inside and out so it's hard for us just to assume we know people we may never ever meet.

[quote name='confoosious']conspiracy theorists are by and large some of the dumbest people.[/QUOTE]

The 9/11 and moon landing conspiracists are the dumbest ever. They should have their voting rights removed.

[quote name='Brak']I don't know the guy, but I've read all of those bullet points on a few non-mainstream media sites.

Yikes. I wish I had enough money to move out of this hellhole.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting read, Brak. Thanks for the post.

There are people who hire what some could label "mercenaries" to rectify problems, coerce others, and just as a show of power. On a smaller scale, if we were to humor the conspiracy theory, this Aurora murder is similar to hiring a person coked-out-of-their-mind to open fire on a restaurant of innocent people a few days before a local gun amnesty program. Just to drive home the point that people should relinquish their firearms. I think it's okay to believe that a government, with a ton of resources and professionals at their fingertips, could view things as "ends justify the means" and do something so heinous. It's not like they haven't done it before.

And a big fistbump to Christian Bale for using his celebrity to bring joy to the victims of this terrible tragedy. He's a good dude.

[quote name='GBAstar']I don't know.. from all accounts I've heard (besides this) Christian Bale is a fucking dick[/QUOTE]

He has had some issues in the past but I think he is just a passionate person. He is someone who gives everything to his roles and I think the stress sometimes may be too much. None of us know exactly what happened with his mother so I leave that to the tabloids. Not making an excuse but we have all had our blow ups...his just happen to be caught on tape.

Classy thing for him to do nonetheless.

[quote name='GUNNM']^Don't forget assaulting his mother[/QUOTE]

You mean the one that left him for dead until he was a famous movie star. Apparently he only pushed her out of his way. That was the assault you speak of. Just because someone gives birth to you, it doesn't make them deserving of the title of parent.

I have a sinking feeling that Warner Bros. is behind the hospital visit as a PR stunt, but I really hope it's not true because it makes for a great warm and fuzzy feeling if Bale went on his own.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I have a sinking feeling that Warner Bros. is behind the hospital visit as a PR stunt, but I really hope it's not true because it makes for a great warm and fuzzy feeling if Bale went on his own.[/QUOTE]

They already have their PR stunt. They are making a donation to the victims. I really think this is just him.

[quote name='Brak']I don't know the guy, but I've read all of those bullet points on a few non-mainstream media sites.

Yikes. I wish I had enough money to move out of this hellhole.[/QUOTE]
Mainstream media has it's problems, but not sensationalizing something like this ain't one of them. That was only interesting if you wanted to see into the mind of a kook.

[quote name='Chase']Very interesting read, Brak. Thanks for the post.

There are people who hire what some could label "mercenaries" to rectify problems, coerce others, and just as a show of power. On a smaller scale, if we were to humor the conspiracy theory, this Aurora murder is similar to hiring a person coked-out-of-their-mind to open fire on a restaurant of innocent people a few days before a local gun amnesty program. Just to drive home the point that people should relinquish their firearms. I think it's okay to believe that a government, with a ton of resources and professionals at their fingertips, could view things as "ends justify the means" and do something so heinous. It's not like they haven't done it before.

And a big fistbump to Christian Bale for using his celebrity to bring joy to the victims of this terrible tragedy. He's a good dude.[/QUOTE]
OH JEEZ. No. That was a horrible read and a right wing screed bordering on a lunatic rant.

If you want to actually learn about "Fast and Furious," read this:
http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/27/fast-and-furious-truth/

Performing medical experiments, overthrowing governments, forced sterilizations, and shooting protestors that don't support the status quo are ways the the US government exercises it's oppressive muscle and as far as it goes into conspiratorial actions; getting a guy to shoot up a theater in Colorado as a way to get people to be more afraid of guns because of Obama isn't. The government also has the means to blow up a city using nuclear bomb and blame it on some Middle Easterners to rile up some more nationalism, but it ain't going to happen either.

Sure the government "has the means," but to serve what purpose? To give it some nebulous concept of control? But that just leads to another question of who would be in control. The government isn't a person or monolithic entity.

It's easy to be sucked into conspiracies because it's romantic and fantastical, but that's all they'll ever be.

[quote name='GUNNM']^Don't forget assaulting his mother[/QUOTE]

He yelled at her lolwhich is considered assault in England or wherever he was.

Whatever reasons you want to believe Bale went there for (I choose to believe he went as a genuinely nice gesture), the fact is his visit brightened the day of these shooting victims in the hospital. Appreciate it for what it was instead of making it out to be some PR grab.

Bale is not a bad guy I don't think, the Terminator Salvation thing was a isolated incident which he owned up to his behavior as well. I like the gesture on his part to visit the victims, most in Hollywood just give statement and move on. Also, he's supposedly a pretty intensely private guy (for a big hollywood actor) which makes it even more impressive that he did this IMO.

I read about this....that's pretty cool... I see some cool things happening in the near future for these people...like getting an all paid expense trip fly out to CA to disney or universal studios followed by a special viewing of TDKR in a real IMAX screen.

To me, nothing about Bale's visit suggests PR stunt. The few pictures that are coming from the "event" are clearly from people's handheld devices. His visit was completely unannounced. I think this was just him being a good guy.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Whatever reasons you want to believe Bale went there for (I choose to believe he went as a genuinely nice gesture), the fact is his visit brightened the day of these shooting victims in the hospital. Appreciate it for what it was instead of making it out to be some PR grab.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Bale is not the characters he plays in movies, and this was a very classy move.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I read about this....that's pretty cool... I see some cool things happening in the near future for these people...like getting an all paid expense trip fly out to CA to disney or universal studios followed by a special viewing of TDKR in a real IMAX screen.[/QUOTE]

Like the victims would want to see TDKR again so they can relive a flashback.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Bale is not a bad guy I don't think, the Terminator Salvation thing was a isolated incident which he owned up to his behavior as well. I like the gesture on his part to visit the victims, most in Hollywood just give statement and move on. Also, he's supposedly a pretty intensely private guy (for a big hollywood actor) which makes it even more impressive that he did this IMO.[/QUOTE]

Hearsay evidence (former housemate told me his sister and Bale dated briefly) is that he's an asshole. How much he's changed since then I don't know, but the TS incident is indicative of that.

That being said, even assholes can do a really nice thing once in a while.

bread's done
Back