Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']In the BB thread, an "employee" said the clerks had to ring it up correctly for the code to print.[/QUOTE]
Are you kidding me? So now that I've picked mine up how would I go about getting the DLC? Why are some people reporting getting an email then? What about the code mix-up with people getting codes for the dog tags. fuck I hate the idiots at corporate.

[quote name='Jodou']Are you kidding me? So now that I've picked mine up how would I go about getting the DLC? fuck I hate the idiots at corporate.[/QUOTE]

Can post on the BBY forums, but they will probably say to go back in to the store

Just an FYI I picked my game up at midnite and I got the SPECACT DLC code on my receipt about halfway down the page AND they emailed it to me, it was the same code, I have not used the code because everyone is saying it is for the dog tags so I cannot verify what it is for yet, but I got the email last nite as well.

[quote name='timmylamb']Just an FYI I picked my game up at midnite and I got the SPECACT DLC code on my receipt about halfway down the page AND they emailed it to me, it was the same code, I have not used the code because everyone is saying it is for the dog tags so I cannot verify what it is for yet, but I got the email last nite as well.[/QUOTE]
You can verify it before claiming, at least that's how the product code worked. I don't think it redeems until you click next a second time.

To get the code, they have to do the "F10" procedure. I went back and had them do it. However it required a return. If you don't want to do a return, you would have to ask for SKU 3823165 for the PS3.

If you didn't preorder, tell them to do it so you get it (maybe even for free) :)

Are UPC codes the same for all retailers? This might be the case since BB has their dlc on receipt and not in case. Also any difference between LE and regular besides the Limited Edition on the game cover? Mainly is UPC the same? And most importantly are sku's or item on receipt differentiate? Would like to pick up LE and maybe return a regular if needed.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Are UPC codes the same for all retailers? This might be the case since BB has their dlc on receipt and not in case. Also any difference between LE and regular besides the Limited Edition on the game cover? Mainly is UPC the same? And most importantly are sku's or item on receipt differentiate? Would like to pick up LE and maybe return a regular if needed.[/QUOTE]

LE has return to karkand, regular does not.

[quote name='Jodou']You can verify it before claiming, at least that's how the product code worked. I don't think it redeems until you click next a second time.[/QUOTE]

thanks man i'm gonna give it a shot then

[quote name='mr_bungle']Is it only on the receipt? I am not seeing it anywhere on mine, just picked mine up at lunch.[/QUOTE]

Like they have said above. The cashier has to hit F10 (which is suggested purchases) and ring up the code when you buy the game.

If they didn't then you have to go back and have them do it.

[quote name='Jodou']You can verify it before claiming, at least that's how the product code worked. I don't think it redeems until you click next a second time.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this if they try it?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Like they have said above. The cashier has to hit F10 (which is suggested purchases) and ring up the code when you buy the game.

If they didn't then you have to go back and have them do it.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy is filled with people who don't have half a clue what's going on in the world. I might just call the 1800 number -_-

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Like they have said above. The cashier has to hit F10 (which is suggested purchases) and ring up the code when you buy the game.

If they didn't then you have to go back and have them do it.[/QUOTE]

F that! This is complete bullshit!

[quote name='mr_bungle']My Best Buy is filled with people who don't have half a clue what's going on in the world. I might just call the 1800 number -_-[/QUOTE]

Good luck!

Let us know how it goes

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']LE has return to karkand, regular does not.[/QUOTE]

well I knew that but meant difference that would be important if doing an exchange. also does the regular edition have their own online pass thing?

OK, before I waste my time going back to BB this afternoon for my DLC, can anyone confirm they've fixed the codes so you get the SPECACT and not the dog tags?

Hmmmm I cancelled my origins w/25% off preorder after the amazon credit popped up. They refunded my $ already and I received conformation today they shipped my game.... Told yall that site was a mess and I'd never use um again, guess they trying to mKe me happy. :D

[quote name='Jodou']OK, before I waste my time going back to BB this afternoon for my DLC, can anyone confirm they've fixed the codes so you get the SPECACT and not the dog tags?[/QUOTE]

Everyone seems to be waiting on someone to try and post. lol

Ugh. I prebought my copy at BestBuy about a two months ago and didn't get anything on the receipt, an email, or anything like that. Plus, even though I bought it in full (including tax) two months ago, I had to pay tax again. If not for their insanely good trade in values, I wouldn't shop there again. I guess I'll just stop buying things in full there. Gamestop has them beat in that department.

Oh god, I hope this doesn't happen with my Saints Row the Third DLC. Then I actually WOULD be pissed. I actually care about that DLC.

Damn it spent 10 min trying to tell the girl to do the f10 procedure, she couldnt even do it. Now i have no specact code. :/ guess ill have to go.through the bb forum route

[quote name='kouleefoh']Damn it spent 10 min trying to tell the girl to do the f10 procedure, she couldnt even do it. Now i have no specact code. :/ guess ill have to go.through the bb forum route[/QUOTE]

Just go to another cashier... The forum route is now saying to go back to the store as the store can now print off what you need.

After contacting Best Buy's Customer Support last night, I have yet to receive any email from Best Buy. Neither codes, apologies, or explanation.

Here is what my receipt looks like (didn't know what was safe to show so blacked out lines).
I did not receive the Dog Tag code or the SPECACT code. Maybe someone who DID get a code can show their receipt so we can compare.

censored%252520receipt.jpg

BTW, I gave Best Buy a call this morning asking about it, and they still had no answers for me.

My Best Buy refuses to cave on the Pre-Order DLC -_-. Last night "Oh, its in the game case along with the Limited Edition stuff", earlier they say "Oh, it'll get emailed to you", now they are saying no 360 version's are getting the DLC due to the error (But i was looking for PS3). Told him the SKU posted above and apparently thats just for the 5$ pre-order or something, so now i have currently been on the phone for an hour in an endless cycle of repeating fail

Swear, after this 5 for 100$ deal is over, i'm seriously considering going back to the devil known as Gamestop. Atleast they dont screw up orders and promotions

Yeah, unless it's packed in the box, BB manages to screw up every single promotion. You know what's really funny to me? The fact that this will probably be the SECOND time I've been denied SPECACT skins thanks to a promotion failure. Dr. Pepper fucked us PC owners over the first time with BC2 and now BB is doing it with BF3.

Somebody owes me some skins god dammit lol.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Swear, after this 5 for 100$ deal is over, i'm seriously considering going back to the devil known as Gamestop. Atleast they dont screw up orders and promotions

Normally I'm pretty chilled but this ass hole rep got me worked up, almost raised my damnn voice at the b*tch. I talked to my normal game rep to ring up my game, even suggested her to do the F10 route. Don't know if she tried but she tells me she couldn't pull it up. She did mention about a memo that the codes are mistakenly switched to the dog tags, blah blah. So I said whatever, picked up my 2 copies and left to get my hair cut.

After that, I read that the BB forum are telling peopel to go back, so I went back. Went to regular customer service, I asked a regular customer service about the code, she said it's in the game. I told her there's another one, and it should be on the receipt. She insisted it's in the game. I told her if I bring the game in, opens it and if it's not in there, she's going to have to cover the cost and give me a brand new one. Then she says no. I asked her to re do the purchase and try the F10, she straight up told me no. And then tell me she's not going to be able to give me a code, as if i'm trying to beg her for a damn code.

So I just left. I'm still pissed that I have to rant on here. Dammit.. haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']Normally I'm pretty chilled but this ass hole rep got me worked up, almost raised my damnn voice at the b*tch. I talked to my normal game rep to ring up my game, even suggested her to do the F10 route. Don't know if she tried but she tells me she couldn't pull it up. She did mention about a memo that the codes are mistakenly switched to the dog tags, blah blah. So I said whatever, picked up my 2 copies and left to get my hair cut. After that, I read that the BB forum are telling peopel to go back, so I went back. Went to regular customer service, I asked a regular customer service about the code, she said it's in the game. I told her there's another one, and it should be on the receipt. She insisted it's in the game. I told her if I bring the game in, opens it and if it's not in there, she's going to have to cover the cost and give me a brand new one. Then she says no. I asked her to re do the purchase and try the F10, she straight up told me no. And then tell me she's not going to be able to give me a code, as if i'm trying to beg her for a damn code. So I just left. I'm still pissed that I have to rant on here. Dammit.. haha[/QUOTE]

Lol dude, your not the only one. I was raging hard last night after they gave me a Standard Edition claiming it was Limited, then tried to act like i was the idiot.

This hands down is the worst experience i have had with Best Buy. Atleast when my store accidentally sold my MvC3 CE they gave me a 50$ Gift Card, i cant even get the god damn employee to check a short SKU to see if it works now without acting like im trying to cheat the system or something

I don't get the refusal to do the F10 procedure. It clearly says "Suggested Buys" on the screen along with "F10". So it's like saying "I refuse to suggest buys for you to purchase because I am a retard." Anyone can pull up the SPEC ACT DLC. The first thing I did was ask my gaming rep to try it for me and she did it. It worked perfectly. Now you may or may not have to pay the extra $5 for it if you just have a gaming rep do it without getting your preorder. For some people, that may be worth it just to get it and get out at this point.

Has anyone actually redeemed a code and got the SPECACT DLC? Kind of important to know if I'm going to waste a trip back there and potentially have to fight these morons to get it.

[quote name='Jodou']Has anyone actually redeemed a code and got the SPECACT DLC? Kind of important to know if I'm going to waste a trip back there and potentially have to fight these morons to get it.[/QUOTE]

I just entered my code and it said it was for the SPEC ACT. I didn't redeem fully, just verified it was not the dog tag dlc. This was for the PS3.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I don't get the refusal to do the F10 procedure. It clearly says "Suggested Buys" on the screen along with "F10". So it's like saying "I refuse to suggest buys for you to purchase because I am a retard." Anyone can pull up the SPEC ACT DLC. The first thing I did was ask my gaming rep to try it for me and she did it. It worked perfectly. Now you may or may not have to pay the extra $5 for it if you just have a gaming rep do it without getting your preorder. For some people, that may be worth it just to get it and get out at this point.[/QUOTE]

No idea, but 2 of 3 stores here flat out refused to even try it and just kept saying "You will receive it by email".

Finally got through to Customer Service, so im going to give that a try. After that, i just give up, while my solution might be wrong, i'd appreciate it if the employee atleast attempted it.

You know what I don't even know what the SpecAct Upgrade kit is, but I'm pisssed that i don't get it and they refuse to even try. It's sad that a customer is showing a rep how to do a procedure. :lol::lol:

[quote name='Vader582']I'm fucking with you and I hate GS.
It's pretty damn bad when GS manages to treat its customers better then other retailers.
Maybe I'll ride the Kmart or Amazon credit train instead...[/QUOTE]
Save a spot for me in that train because I'll be right there with you guys. Good bye BBY after I pick up my 5th game next week (Uncharted 3).

[quote name='Jodou']Has anyone actually redeemed a code and got the SPECACT DLC? Kind of important to know if I'm going to waste a trip back there and potentially have to fight these morons to get it.[/QUOTE]

Lol. I think most here sell theirs since it's not worth $15 to most CAGS.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I just entered my code and it said it was for the SPEC ACT. I didn't redeem fully, just verified it was not the dog tag dlc. This was for the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Word, thanks.

Slightly off topic from the current discussion, but what is currently the best deal for a digital download of the LE (or PC version with in-store pickup)? I need a copy of the game asap. Amazon at $51 is the lowest I've seen.

I knew I should have checked with CAG before I went to BB this afternoon to pick up my copy of BF3.

The game rep first got me the regular edition out of the cage they kept the BF3 copies in. I asked him why it wasn't the Limited Edition and he said they ran out. Luckily, another game rep came by and said they had more LEs in the stock room. The guy I was talking to then went back into the cage (after he locked it already and gave me the regular edition) and grabbed a LE. Yes, he lied to me straight to my face and had Limited Editions in the cage the whole time, then tried to play it off like nothing happened. Wonder who he was saving those LEs for...

Then I asked him where the SPECACT code was. He said he got his at 12:01 AM this morning and acted like he was surprised when I told him I didn't get an e-mail yet. I asked him a few more times if he was sure it would come via e-mail and not get printed on the receipt. He kept saying it's sent via e-mail. So I left. Now I read this thread and I'm super pissed that I gotta eventually make another trip back to BBY and argue with those brain-dead retards some more to get the code.

I hate Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order at 12:05 am (11:05 pm Texas time which is their hq). The LE was still listed with the pre-order bonus, but I didn't receive the dlc email from them just the confirm. Also wonder if I will get a LE since it's no longer on the site

i found a way to get you SPECACT Kit DLC from Best Buy, do what i have done Contact EA Support Center at this link tell them you did'nt recieve a code from BB and tell them BB told you to contact them ,they would ask for your online pass on Battlefield 3 and the they would give you the new code thats how i got it.

https://customersupport.ea.com/loginapp/login.do?locale=en_US&loginrequired=true&passive=true&skin=sfdc-ea&surl=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.ea.com%2Flogin%3FretUrl%3D%2Fconnect-with-us

Forgot to tell you that its on support chat with an agent on ea customer support

[quote name='Boty_27']i found a way to get you SPECACT Kit DLC from Best Buy, do what i have done Contact EA Support Center at this link tell them you did'nt recieve a code from BB and tell them BB told you to contact them ,they would ask for your online pass on Battlefield 3 and the they would give you the new code thats how i got it.

https://customersupport.ea.com/logi...s://help.ea.com/login?retUrl=/connect-with-us

Forgot to tell you that its on support chat with an agent on ea customer support[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, thats worth a try. I did that with Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition, ended up getting all the DLC for free

[quote name='Boty_27']i found a way to get you SPECACT Kit DLC from Best Buy, do what i have done Contact EA Support Center at this link tell them you did'nt recieve a code from BB and tell them BB told you to contact them ,they would ask for your online pass on Battlefield 3 and the they would give you the new code thats how i got it.

https://customersupport.ea.com/loginapp/login.do?locale=en_US&loginrequired=true&passive=true&skin=sfdc-ea&surl=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.ea.com%2Flogin%3FretUrl%3D%2Fconnect-with-us

Forgot to tell you that its on support chat with an agent on ea customer support[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll try this tonight!

Alright people rumor control time, here are the facts: 360/PS3 are ringing up with the codes from Best Buy no problem and do need to be packaged with F10. PC, however, is not printing the code on the receipt nor emailing a confirmation email. The email should be instant if you pick up either console version, so that rules out any issue with delays. The codes are also system specific, so there's no point in having BB print out a code for PS3 to use on PC because it won't work.

Turns out BB did package mine correctly this morning, so the fault lies at corporate and it's entirely possible they LIED to PC pre-orders about receiving any DLC. At this point, I can't confirm this but it is my gut feeling. That's all I have at this time.

Thank you for posting this! I actually went through this entire process while still on hold with Best Buy support. Relatively quick and painless and I was able to activate it straight from xbox.com.

[quote name='KtMack23']I'm selling the game, is their any way I can get the bonus without linking the online pass to my gamer tag?[/QUOTE]

None other then buying Karkand when it is offically released in a few weeks to a month.

bread's done
Back