BB @Gamer July/Aug Coupons - $10 KoA:R, $10 Tera, $20 SFvT, $5 off $10-$20 PO

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
logo-gamer-top.gif

July/August coupons are active 7/15/12 - 9/1/12 - (This is 1 of 2 editions of the mag where they run for 2 months) The cover features Medal of Honor Warfighter

***This month you can save up to $185 with the following coupons!***

[quote name='SeanTM22']

$20 off NEW Street Fighter Vs. Tekken ($20 after Coupon) Link

$25 off Tiger Woods 13 ($35 after Coupon) Link

$50 off Turtle beach PX3 Headset ($100 after Coupon) Link

$15 off Skylanders Starter Kit ($55 after Coupon) Link

$30 off NEW Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($10 after coupon) (Works on PC version too) Link

$30 off TERA for PC ($10 after Coupon) Link

$10 off Fable 3 Pre-Owned ($10 after Coupon OR $8 if Unlocked) Link

$5 off any Pre-Owned Game $9.99 to $19.99 (Unlocked Members Take an additional 10% off) Link

[/Quote]

Coupons can only be used in-store and as always coupons DO stack with sale prices

__

If you havent signed up for Gamers Club Unlocked yet, what are you waiting for?

What is @Gamer?

@Gamer is the official Games Magazine of Best Buy features some awesome exclusive benefits. A 1 year subscription to this magazine is included with Best Buy's Gamers Club [UNLOCKED]
Learn more here at the @Gamer Mag website

What are the differences between Gamers Club Free and Gamer Club UNLOCKED?

There are two versions of the Gamers Club, one is the FREE version, and the other is the UNLOCKED version (both require you to be a base Reward Zone member before signing up).
You can sign up for the base Reward Zone account and the free version of the Gamers Club instore OR online. Signing up for Gamers Club UNLOCKED must be done in-store.
This chart lays out the differences between the Free version and the UNLOCKED version of the Gamers Club
GQ2aB.png

Click here for the Reward Zone Gamers Club page. Here you can sign up for the Base Reward Zone account and Gamers Club Free

___ Quick Info ___

• Sign up for @Gamer/UNLOCKED in any Best Buy Store for $14.99 a year! (10 Mags total for the year, Single Magazines will run you $5)

• July magazines will be going going on sale Sunday (7/15). So if you want to increase your chances of getting the next Magazine on time, sign up sign up for GCU the day they become available.
(if some stores have the Magazines out earlier, they should let you purchase it)

• YES, the CURRENT copy of the Magazine IS FREE when you sign up for Unlocked! So MAKE SURE the associate scans the Magazine during the sign-up transaction!

• The Magazine is available for PHYSICAL and DIGITAL versions, so if you want physical copies let them know because the computer selects DIGITAL by default

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='matrix9280']I don't want to buy a magazine. Can I just rip a page out of the book when no one's looking and then take it to the cashier? How hard would it be to do that.[/QUOTE]
Surely you're not serious, right?

[quote name='matrix9280']I don't want to buy a magazine. Can I just rip a page out of the book when no one's looking and then take it to the cashier? How hard would it be to do that.[/QUOTE]

No. This is theft. You're getting a $40 game for $10, $15 if you buy yourself the magazine. Don't be a dick and steal from a place that's trying to give you a deal. $25 off the game is still a great deal.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Just go to bed cancerman. It been a long day.[/QUOTE]

As soon as Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas is over I am outta here.

[quote name='advanced']No. This is theft. You're getting a $40 game for $10, $15 if you buy yourself the magazine. Don't be a dick and steal from a place that's trying to give you a deal. $25 off the game is still a great deal.[/QUOTE]
This.

It's very easy. Much easier than robbing the seven eleven.

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol don't take the bait guys[/QUOTE]

I don't know. It seemed like good bait. One could even say, the master bait.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I don't know. It seemed like good bait. One could even say, the master bait.[/QUOTE]

That would make matrix a master baiter, right?

[quote name='advanced']That would make matrix a master baiter, right?[/QUOTE]
Yes and we just witnessed how good he is at master baiting other people

Anyone know what games will be on sale sunday? I need some 30 dollar games. Im going ot go get a PS3 and 360 copy of KOA for these coupons.. hopefully i can get the guy to let me use an in game coupon for it... but id also like to get some games for the b2g1 free sale. THe post here lists no games. Are there no sales at all this coming week?

^_^x KD

[quote name='lochdoun']The big letters are to signify that's what it's supposed to be called.

The developers obviously wanted the game to be referred to as Reckoning just as Bethesda wants The Elder Scrolls V to be referred to as Skyrim (also "big letters").[/QUOTE]

Actually EA were the ones wanted it referred to as Reckoning since they only had the EA Partners deal for this 1 game and Amalur is the universe the MMO was going to be, see how the Elder Scrolls MMO is named.

Also Elder Scrolls are a big enough IP that it can be referred to as its subtitle, although many call it the "new Elder Scrolls game."

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Anyone think Revelations or Brotherhood will go on sale? Those two games are in the Assassin's Creed universe for those who only know them by their improper title.[/QUOTE]

Missed the $20 sales for Revelations? Maybe again once 3 is out?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Epic picked up most fo the workers from the studio, so dont completely rule out the possibilty of a sequeal. While picking up my borderlands goty, I saw that my store has 4 copies left, so Ima def. pick one up. As for SFxT, if it aint $10 ima pass. I know it, you know it, fuck even yours and my grandma know, capcom is going to release a newer version with extra characters and balances that should of been free from the getgo[/QUOTE]

Epic would have to buy the rights to the Amalur universe from the state of Rhode Island.

[quote name='Donut2922']This makes me sad. Hope my stores go unaffected. I get along with all of my local blueshirts. Anybody happy about BB's financial troubles should have their head examined.[/QUOTE]They're restructuring + they're going to be opening several stores in the mall(mobile) these stores make tons of profit vs stores that loose money.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Vickers500, coupons only work in store for now (not sure if there are plans to change this) so you would have to make a trip to BB. You can buy the @gamers magazine for $5 and then use the coupon inside to buy KoA for $10. If KoA is the only game you can see yourself buying then just buy the mag, but Unlocked also has other advantages like getting $20 in reward certificates for pre ordering certain games and not too mention other coupons that might interest you down the road.[/QUOTE] http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Allowing-Gamer-Coupons-to-be-used-online/idi-p/475807

[quote name='advanced']No. This is theft. You're getting a $40 game for $10, $15 if you buy yourself the magazine. Don't be a dick and steal from a place that's trying to give you a deal. $25 off the game is still a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Come on man. It's not the magazine. It ain't even one page. It's a piece of a page. How's that stealing. Worst comes to worst I'll just say I didn't know you couldn't use coupons in the store like that (I'm not sure anyway.) An honest mistake a good deal but not theft. People take video games too seriously.

[quote name='matrix9280']Come on man. It's not the magazine. It ain't even one page. It's a piece of a page. How's that stealing. Worst comes to worst I'll just say I didn't know you couldn't use coupons in the store like that (I'm not sure anyway.) An honest mistake a good deal but not theft. People take video games too seriously.[/QUOTE]
Very true!!! Sometimes i go to Wal-Mart and just break off one piece of a Hersheys bar, chase it down with one swig of a Pepsi and finish with one piece of Orbit gum. The next person who buys those products won't miss it... it's only a piece of the product. People are so quick to call things theft around here

[quote name='matrix9280']Come on man. It's not the magazine. It ain't even one page. It's a piece of a page. How's that stealing. Worst comes to worst I'll just say I didn't know you couldn't use coupons in the store like that (I'm not sure anyway.) An honest mistake a good deal but not theft. People take video games too seriously.[/QUOTE]

My mom often says, "I hate liars and thieves". If you actually do what you suggest in your post, you sir, would be both.

Liars and flies
I both despise.
But the more I see liars
The more I like flies.

Wow. Just wow!

[quote name='shadowkast']Very true!!! Sometimes i go to Wal-Mart and just break off one piece of a Hersheys bar, chase it down with one swig of a Pepsi and finish with one piece of Orbit gum. The next person who buys those products won't miss it... it's only a piece of the product. People are so quick to call things theft around here[/QUOTE]

Lmao! Dude,that is some funny shit.

Seriously though,how can someone feel ok by ripping coupons out of a magazine they didn't pay for? It's stealing no matter how you look at it. But let's say you don't look at it as stealing,shouldn't you still feel bad knowing you're fucking over the next person that's going to buy that magazine?

There were some copper thieves in the town I used to live in that stole some pipes off the back of a building. They used the same excuse as you.

It turns out they ruined the refrigeration system for the local foodbank and ruined over $70,000 worth of food.

If you took that coupon out of the magazine, you would be taking the only thing of worth out of it for me. So you would have stolen $5 dollars from me.

Thieves that rationalize their actions are the worst. It's always questionable how low you can sink as the depth of your depravity extend as far as your imagination allows. And the worst part is you'll never feel bad for any of it as you've made up some reason as to why it's okay.

[quote name='shadowkast']Very true!!! Sometimes i go to Wal-Mart and just break off one piece of a Hersheys bar, chase it down with one swig of a Pepsi and finish with one piece of Orbit gum. The next person who buys those products won't miss it... it's only a piece of the product. People are so quick to call things theft around here[/QUOTE]

+1. I like to wear some of the underwear from a 3pack when I am there power shopping for 2-3 hours. Then I put it back, it is more of a trial/test run to see if it holds up. But I do put it back.. lol.. kidding.

[quote name='reininop']
If you took that coupon out of the magazine, you would be taking the only thing of worth out of it for me. So you would have stolen $5 dollars from me. [/QUOTE]

Nah man. Obviously if you was interested in the coupon you'd check for it in the magazine first. If it's there fine use it. If not just get another one. I seriously doubt Best Buy's gonna sell out of some half-assed gaming magazine.

Now that I think about it they shouldn't be charging for coupons in the first place. In that case taking the coupon is doing the right thing. The just thing.

I've apparently made a terrible mistake. I've been reading through this thread thinking I was on CheapAssGamer when apparently I've been on DumbAssGamer the whole time. You'd think the debates over whether it's worth it to pay $5 for a $30 off coupon and the improper uses of abbreviations would have given it away. Oops, sill me.

Guess I'm not the only one who made a mistake, though, as clearly some think they are on ThievingAssGamer.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Epic would have to buy the rights to the Amalur universe from the state of Rhode Island.[/QUOTE]

Shit, Epic could possibly buy the whole fucking state if need be. Honestly when I pick up my copy, I figure it if the series should of ended with one game, or if it deserves a sequel.

[quote name='matrix9280']Nah man. Obviously if you was interested in the coupon you'd check for it in the magazine first. If it's there fine use it. If not just get another one. I seriously doubt Best Buy's gonna sell out of some half-assed gaming magazine.

Now that I think about it they shouldn't be charging for coupons in the first place. In that case taking the coupon is doing the right thing. The just thing.[/QUOTE]
My store routinely sells out of the magazine. Because people who aren't total fuckoffs buy it to get the coupons. Good try, though.

Definitely going to be at my best buy the moment they open. I been wanting KOA. Maybe I should actually sign up for a year. Last time ($10 batman) I just bought the mag and figured I wouldn't use it much. Now I'm using it again.... hmmmm

[quote name='kidrocklive']Definitely going to be at my best buy the moment they open. I been wanting this game. Maybe I should actually sign up for a year. Last time ($10 batman) I just bought the mag and figured I wouldn't use it much. Now I'm using it again.... hmmmm[/QUOTE]

It worth it. I signed up 2 weeks ago since I bought most of the games that were on sale with the last magezine. This month's mag looks lacking compared to month's prior.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Shit, Epic could possibly buy the whole fucking state if need be. Honestly when I pick up my copy, I figure it if the series should of ended with one game, or if it deserves a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Someone from Epic recently was asked about buying the IP and said in return that Epic isn't in the business of buying IPs, they are in the business of creating IPs. I'd take that to mean the best we could hope for would be a "spiritual" successor to Kramalur starring Marcus Fenix. :roll:

I haven't played it yet, though, so I don't know if I'd care either way. I'll have a better idea when I pick it up for $10 :whee::whee:

Wow.. just buy the damn magazine or get a subscription. How pathetic would it be for you to get arrested for shoplifting a coupon..... Apparently your parents did a piss poor job of raising you.

I have a subscription and I still buy an extra mag when I want multiple copies of a game (for multiple systems)

[quote name='kidrocklive']Definitely going to be at my best buy the moment they open. I been wanting KOA. Maybe I should actually sign up for a year. Last time ($10 batman) I just bought the mag and figured I wouldn't use it much. Now I'm using it again.... hmmmm[/QUOTE]

It's paid off for me big time. Most likely you'd be able to trade in or sell one of the games you get on eBay for a $15 profit to cover the subscription cost anyway.

I got Arkham City for $10, played through it, then traded it back to BB for $21 a couple months later! I want trying to be shady about it, that's just how it worked out. Trust me, it's worth the $15. The magazine isn't bad, either.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Wow.. just buy the damn magazine or get a subscription. How pathetic would it be for you to get arrested for shoplifting a coupon..... Apparently your parents did a piss poor job of raising you.

I have a subscription and I still buy an extra mag when I want multiple copies of a game (for multiple systems)[/QUOTE]

I forgot my coupons when I went to get SSX and after they verified that I was an unlocked member, they gave me the deal anyway by scanning a store magazine. I still have the coupon so I could've gotten two copies, but I didn't want to be "that guy".

I buy extra copies of the magazine on top of my subscription so I can flip stuff. Hate me, but at least I pay for the shit.

If you're going to steal a $5 magazine, why not just cut out the extra step and steal the $10 game? Its only an extra $5.

Dumb asses will ruin these coupon deals.

[quote name='GamerDude316']reading the last 5+ pages of this thread made me feel like I was back on IGN forums. Sigh....[/QUOTE]

You should've seen it before the mods deleted a bunch of the complaining yesterday.

[quote name='eastx']You should've seen it before the mods deleted a bunch of the complaining yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was at work, so care to inform me what stupidity was said?

It does not matter if you claim it was a "mistake". Do you really think they care if it is? I've seen people get tickets for stealing for far less than a coupon.

Stop being an ass about it and just buy the mag.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Ha, I was at work, so care to inform me what stupidity was said?[/QUOTE]

Well, Jodou (who I have on ignore but people were quoting his comments) claimed that the magazine is a rip-off and that anyone who buys it for the coupons instead of the articles is doing it wrong. Huge chain of rebuttals to that nonsense. Another dude insisted the coupons are crap and wouldn't shut up about it... And there were a few others like that.

Some people just don't realize that the coupon games are likely to go on sale sometime during the month and will end up being just $10 in the end. Others are entitles babies whose job is to make the internet a bit less pleasant for everyone else.

Tired of all these stupid @gamer threads. There should be a lock that only lets unlocked members in. I seriously can't believe any CAG who is not a subscriber yet. It makes no damn sense to pay $5 for 1 issue when as a member they cost about $1.25. Join up, it pays for itself quickly. Would help eliminate all this annoying shit about stealing coupons.

[quote name='advanced']Don't be a dick and steal from a place that's trying to give you a deal.[/QUOTE]
Or is the other way around? We did get these free before. . .

The fact people even consider stealing the coupons is exactly why I called it a piss-poor coupon sub. There's absolutely no value behind the magazine other than the coupons and BB just used Gamer as an excuse to finally charge us for the coupons. Nobody would've subbed if not for the 'free' coupons inside and their copycat PUR 10% off used.

Why not keep the coupons free and kept the value of the sub in the magazine? That would have at least got the leg up on GS.

It cost 10 dollars I heard. Best Buy charges that much because they feel guilty about charging for coupons. They're the real thieves if you ask me.

Worst crimes according to CAG.

1. Clipping a coupon from a magazine.
2. Holocaust
3. 9/11

bread's done
Back