BB Mystery Certificate is back, check ur email

Another member of the $5 club here.  I wouldn't make the drive, but I also have a $5 rewards certificate laying around, so I might.  I'm four points away from another $5 coupon, so I'm going to hash out a couple of product reviews and see if the extra points show up by the weekend. 

To help clear this up. If you received an email the UPC you are looking for is the leftmost barcode titled 'promotional'. That bar code will have  a two sets of  numbers encased by two more numbers, ex: 4  00051 77312  6. You are looking for the last four numbers as in this example 312  6. If you have 3126 you're 99.9% most likely a member of the $5 club.

Don't know how I didn't get this as an Elite Plus member, but oh well. I guess they have no reason to entice me to spend money there. LOL

I'll probably price match Siberia 3 for like 10 bucks and use the cert making it 5 since they say the game isn't that good but still want it haha

Received mine yesterday.  $5, per usual. 

Still, I'll throw this on Snipperclips Plus on the 10th, and stack with the points I have so that I pay $0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the email this year after being stiffed last year. Went to PM a year of PS+ at BB last night and missed it by half an hour since GS sold out. Not sure what to use it on since I have a week to use it and nothing I need.

You guys realize that the coupon can only be used instore right? You wont get the $10 RZ Certificate if you dont preorder your COD copy by the end of today.
I was able to use one of these online last year via the guest checkout process. Don't know if it will still work or not.

Talked to Best Buy about why I never get one. They insist it’s completely random but when I have been a rewards member for like 14 years and never get one, I highly doubt that is true. If it is, it’s like 99% gets one and 1% does not.

So much for rewarding customer loyalty.

Had to use my $5 cert on a $10 PSN card after the person at customer service and I discovered you can't apply certs to preordered games until pickup. I was all ready to pay off Battlefront with $20 in certs, the $10 coupon, and GCU knocking it down considerably, but not even GCU could be applied until pickup. Ordering online is so much easier.

Still, thanks Hubert for the cert.

well i ended up price matching gamestops 12 months ps plus for 39.99 and using the 5 off to make another year for 34.99 :D

ended up using my $5 coupon on the Wonder Woman blurray bringing it down to $10. figur it wont be cheaper then $8 on black friday so one less movie to worry about.

I had it in my Inbox, but not it's just gone. Not in the trash, spam, anywhere. It was probably only $5 but still...

EDIT: I found it, count me in the 3126 club. Oh well I'll take $5 :)

Think I'll use my 5 bucks and birthday discount towards NFS Payback. No pre-order bonus so I can just go into the store on release morning and grab one off the shelf. Might pick up CoD if there's a B2G1 later this year.

Think I'll use my 5 bucks and birthday discount towards NFS Payback. No pre-order bonus so I can just go into the store on release morning and grab one off the shelf. Might pick up CoD if there's a B2G1 later this year.
its my bday tihs month as well does best buy send those bday coupons right away?

Seems I only get spam emails from BB. No birthday coupon and no mystery code. Thanks email!
Only Elite here, have never gotten the birthday email or mystery code emails =(

My mom a few years ago got a trifold mail thing around this time of the year with a coupon card thing sticked to the mail which turned out to be $5 card code... only time anyone I know got one thru email or regular mail LOL. I guess they stopped doing the mail way & now just email it unless they still mail card codes to your house but rarely does anyone get them so we don't hear about it as often as the emailed codes?

Has anyone played Dishonored Death of the Outsider yet? Curious how it is. Will likely spend my $5to get either that or Akibas Beat for like $11. I loved Dishonored 1 so much but I definitely felt a little let down with Dishonored 2. Just curious how Outsider came out

Price matched psn plus at bestbuy got the physical card Than used the $5 code came out to be 38 and some change
me too but man was it a difficult process...1 associate " we don't price match gamestop the are not our competitor" lol.. I'm like yeah they are its down the street and is a B&M store..he asks another guy and he says yeah we do.. other guy comes over and looks at the gamestop site for ever.. trying desperately to find something wrong..then asks supervisor and finally said yes.. pain in my ass.. did you have a similar experience?

me too but man was it a difficult process...1 associate " we don't price match gamestop the are not our competitor" lol.. I'm like yeah they are its down the street and is a B&M store..he asks another guy and he says yeah we do.. other guy comes over and looks at the gamestop site for ever.. trying desperately to find something wrong..then asks supervisor and finally said yes.. pain in my ass.. did you have a similar experience?
I got the same thing about Gamestop because they’re “not an option in the system”. I told them that I’ve pricematched GameStop before and the associate selected “Other” since they were a local competitor. Then the supervisor comes over and won’t pricematch because it’s a card and they don’t pricematch them.

I then called 1-888-BestBuy and tried to have them pricematch. They won’t budge because it’s a digital download.

So I just bought it from GameStop (even though I really didn’t want to give them my money). Now I have to find something to use this certificate on.

Went to get Call of Duty today and my Mystery Certificate came up as zero. I'm pretty sure the girl was doing something wrong, but of course she doesn't speak English so I just gave up trying to explain it to her and didn't get the $5 off.

Will try and call customer service later.

Has anyone played Dishonored Death of the Outsider yet? Curious how it is. Will likely spend my $5to get either that or Akibas Beat for like $11. I loved Dishonored 1 so much but I definitely felt a little let down with Dishonored 2. Just curious how Outsider came out
Totally worth it. I played the 5 missions, did most of the side contracts in game and saw both endings and played a bit less than 10 hours. If you were let down by Dishonored you might still be a bit but still worth the 24 bucks with GCU. Plus it kind of ends the story of the recent games.

Got $5 mystery reward, I also had $15 in certs -- Nintendo eShop card it is.  :D/ 

One a side note / tangent:  I wanted to get $10 PSN and $10 Nintendo eShop, but I think BB (YMMV) stopped carrying $10 PSN cards.
I looked the store over and the $10 PSN card display was empty. This is the second time I checked for that card amount and it was not stocked.

Got $5 mystery reward, I also had $15 in certs -- Nintendo eShop card it is. :D/

One a side note / tangent: I wanted to get $10 PSN and $10 Nintendo eShop, but I think BB (YMMV) stopped carrying $10 PSN cards.
I looked the store over and the $10 PSN card display was empty. This is the second time I checked for that card amount and it was not stocked.
Which city do you live in if you don't mind me asking? Went to my usual store in Albuquerque and they have the $10 PSN cards.

bread's done
Back