Best Buy 50th Anniversary sale starts 8/18 @ 10 p.m. CDT

donny2112

CAGiversary!
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/18/12532270/best-buy-discounts-50-anniversary

Best Buy celebrates 50th anniversary with MacBook Pro, iPhone, and PS4 deals

Best Buy is celebrating its 50th anniversary by launching 50 deals available for 50 hours. Discounts include $150 off select MacBook Pro laptops, $400 off a 65-inch Samsung 4K UHD TV, and $180 off Beats Studio Wireless On-Ear headphones. The deals go live in Best Buy's retail stores and online from 10PM CT today, with the discounts ending this Saturday at 11.59PM CT. (Best Buy's actual 50th anniversary is Monday, August 22nd.)

Here are some of the other deals, available while stocks last.

• Save an extra $150 on the MacBook Pro with Best Buy's student deals program (a total saving of $300)
  • Save up to 70 percent on LEGO Dimensions, Skylanders and Amiibo products
  • Save $50 on Garmin's Vivosmart HR activity tracker
  • Buy a PS4 Call of Duty bundle and get Destiny and two other games of your choice for free
  • Get a $50 gift card with purchase of a Swagtron T1 self-balancing hoverboard (online only)
  • Get an iPhone 6S from $1 or an iPhone 6S Plus from $99.99 with a two-year activation on Sprint or Verizon Wireless (saving $200)
  • Get a $200 gift card with purchase of iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus and activation with an AT&T Next plan
Gaming-wise, toys-to-life figures will be on sale up to 70%, and PS4 BlOps3 bundle+Destiny+2 pick-your-own-games, probably for MSRP of the BlOps3 bundle. We'll see once the sale starts tonight at 10 p.m. CDT. This post is a Wiki, so feel free to update it with the deals as they come in. ;)

Edit:

May be able to combine with the $10 off $100 with VISA checkout promotion going on, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uncharted 4 is $31.99 right now with GCU. GCU no longer applies for Black Friday. Any chance it'll be less than $30 come Black Friday now to make up for it?
It could get to $25, but that's the best I expect it to be.

Honestly, for how good the game is, I strongly recommend you to pick it up and experience it. There's a reason many call it GOTY 2016 already, and some call it the best game of this generation.

I'm tempted to get Deluxe Battlefront but I am thinking a version with all the DLC is right around the corner so it might be better to hold off. I am also waiting for the ultimate edition of Fallout 4.
Exactly my thoughts, then I'll wait another few months for that to drop to $20 lol

I'm tempted to get Deluxe Battlefront but I am thinking a version with all the DLC is right around the corner so it might be better to hold off. I am also waiting for the ultimate edition of Fallout 4.
This is EA we're talking about they'd never do that, especially since they confirmed Battlefront 2 will be coming out in late 2017 and the final season pass DLC involving Rogue One will be out in December thus leaving no gap between the final DLC and Battlefront 2 to make a Complete Edition. There's technically already a Complete Edition in the PSN store (full game with the season pass included) which has actually been on sale in the past for around $60. If you're an Xbox One player you're probably better off waiting as they might include it on EA Access tho.

Thinking about picking up a few ps4 exclusives, I'll be in the market for a ps4 Black Friday- looking at until dawn, last of us, and the order for $35ish - good deal?
The order is not worth more than 10 dollars. It is really short. It is a beautiful game but to many Quicktime things and the cut scenes are long and you cannot skip them. Happy I only paid 6 on a PS Store sale.

It could get to $25, but that's the best I expect it to be.

Honestly, for how good the game is, I strongly recommend you to pick it up and experience it. There's a reason many call it GOTY 2016 already, and some call it the best game of this generation.
I already replayed the trilogy with Nathan Drake Collection and I'm ready for this one but with my backlog I can wait for it to get cheaper. I don't care for the online, never really did in any of the previous iterations. For a 10 hour long story mode I'm in no rush to get this at this price, GOTY or not.

Didn't know they were around for 50 years, all I remember is them coming in our city sometime a little bit before or after circuit city left. Circuit city bought my ps3 from there well my dad did.

The only thing stopping me from picking up Battlefront is the fear that it will be on EA Access soon
The only EA games I've bought on XB1 since EA Access started was Dragon Age Inquisition, since I had to have it on release, plus Titanfall, since they said it would never come to EA Access. Rest of it, nope, no point since it'll show up on EA Access as well.

This is EA we're talking about they'd never do that, especially since they confirmed Battlefront 2 will be coming out in late 2017 and the final season pass DLC involving Rogue One will be out in December thus leaving no gap between the final DLC and Battlefront 2 to make a Complete Edition. There's technically already a Complete Edition in the PSN store (full game with the season pass included) which has actually been on sale in the past for around $60. If you're an Xbox One player you're probably better off waiting as they might include it on EA Access tho.
I am not sure what the season pass is. They aren't going to release a disc with all the DLC like Fallout does? This has been confirmed? I have all the systems and will be getting it on PS4 because it runs and looks better.

I am not sure what the season pass is. They aren't going to release a disc with all the DLC like Fallout does? This has been confirmed? I have all the systems and will be getting it on PS4 because it runs and looks better.
Seems kind of unlikely since they don't have a history of doing that with their other multiplayer games and probably make more money selling the SP digitally.

Fallout is from Bethesda not EA, Star Wars Battlefront is just an online shooter (it has a solo campaign but one can barely even call it that) so like EA's other online shooters Battlefield, Titan Fall, and Plants vs Zombies there's no reason to release a complete version with all the DLC when they have a sequel right around the corner. It's not confirmed but as stated there's already something like that available in the PSN store.

The season pass includes 4 packs 2 which are currently out and 2 still not out yet. Each including new maps and a new mode each along with new weapons.

Pack 1 - Outer Rim

Pack 2 - Bespin (Cloud City)

Pack 3 - Death Star (out in September)

Pack 4 - Rogue One (due in December to tie in with the movie).

I should note the way EA did the DLC Season Pass for this game is terrible. You need to select the certain pack to play those specific maps it doesn't stack with the main game maps nor does it stack with the other DLC packs. So if you want to play Death Star maps then say play Cloud City maps you need to exit Pack 3 and go to Pack 2. It's an issue as you can run into a mode with so few people in it.

Wow... that sounds absolutely awful.  Even worse than when DLC then messes up matchmaking so either no one's playing the main game or the DLC.

Oh wait, that setup is exactly how they did it with Titanfall where you could only play the main game or one of the DLC packs. So awful.

I knew it was too much to hope that Heavensward would be the version that contained the base game as well.  It looks like they don't even sell that bundled version. 

Got Elder Scrolls Online for 12 bucks after using a $5 certificate and GCU. That 12 bucks includes shipping. It also put me over the hump for another $5 certificate, so all things considered, it's not a bad deal.

How is LEGO Dimensions?  From someone who only played the first 2 Skylanders games and the first Infinity Game.  I'm just looking for something to play with the significant other.  Something easy, and relaxing... (i.e. we really enjoyed just F'ing around in the Cars world doing the objectives in Infinity 1.0).

I'm a huge LEGO fan, so I wanted the Ghosbusters, Simpsons & BTTF stuff anyway.

If I get the Starter Kit, will I just want the level packs later?  I wasn't into buying figures just for the Toy Box Portion in Infinity, so if it's not actual progress-able content, I'll skip it.

How is LEGO Dimensions? From someone who only played the first 2 Skylanders games and the first Infinity Game. I'm just looking for something to play with the significant other. Something easy, and relaxing... (i.e. we really enjoyed just F'ing around in the Cars world doing the objectives in Infinity 1.0).
I played it from start to finish with my wife (along with some of the level packs, particularly the Doctor Who one) and mostly had a blast. It can be a little buggy/glitchy, particularly in the last level where we had to restart something like 4 times and lose significant progress because of various bugs. I like the way it'll keep you on the same screen if you're close together and shift to split-screen if you move apart, and the game's sense of humor is genuinely laugh-out-loud funny at times.

The difficulty is very reasonable, although some of the puzzles can be a little annoying (I'm not wild about picking up/putting down/reshuffling figures on the portal), and it took us a while to figure out how to approach a few of the bosses.

One of you needs to get Unikitty: the most fun character/vehicle in the game for sure.

There will be a complete edition, just like Battlefield Premium. And it's probably going to launch around Rogue One to include the DLC and feature it on the packaging. Marketing master stroke.

Definitely getting Mirror's Edge as I imagine it won't go lower than $20 after GCU for the rest of the year and I've been wanting to play it. Might grab Minecraft and Mighty No. 9 as well.

How is LEGO Dimensions? From someone who only played the first 2 Skylanders games and the first Infinity Game. I'm just looking for something to play with the significant other. Something easy, and relaxing... (i.e. we really enjoyed just F'ing around in the Cars world doing the objectives in Infinity 1.0).

I'm a huge LEGO fan, so I wanted the Ghosbusters, Simpsons & BTTF stuff anyway.

If I get the Starter Kit, will I just want the level packs later? I wasn't into buying figures just for the Toy Box Portion in Infinity, so if it's not actual progress-able content, I'll skip it.
The level packs are nice, but over-priced except on sale. I haven't played them all (just ordered the last two, Ghostbusters and Dr. Who), but Portal is a must get, and Midway (especially if you like classic arcade games, it has about 20 emulated games included on top of the level, but you do have to have other level packs to get them all - like Simpsons for Cyberball).

The game is similar to other Lego games, and each figure from a different franchise unlocks a hub world attached to the main hub world with more stuff to do. There is a list floating around of minimum purchases to see 100%. Each figure has certain abilities (like with other Lego games), so you have to have a certain collection of them to do everything.

Yes, there is a paywall on figures unlike older Lego games, but you do get some spiffy Legos (not too out of line with small pack purchases, especially with these deals). But unlocking hub worlds for franchises adds to the value.

And one nice thing is the main starter is getting new content all the way through next year with no new base game. They have at least a couple new full fledged "Story Packs" that come with Legos to alter the appearance of your portal, multiple new levels (6 per), and figure/items. So far I know of Fantastic Beasts and Ghostbusters 2016 for those.

Personally, I altered the build of the original portal anyways because it had too many things sticking out that made it hard to store when not playing. The big loop thingy is just a pain as well as many of the little hanging stuff that constantly come off. Build it once, then take it apart and make it something you like with the pieces (or add some of your own). The portal itself works fine with no Legos attached, it is just a base with studs for attaching other Legos.

I played it from start to finish with my wife (along with some of the level packs, particularly the Doctor Who one) and mostly had a blast. It can be a little buggy/glitchy, particularly in the last level where we had to restart something like 4 times and lose significant progress because of various bugs. I like the way it'll keep you on the same screen if you're close together and shift to split-screen if you move apart, and the game's sense of humor is genuinely laugh-out-;oud funny at times.

One of you needs to get Unikitty: the most fun character/vehicle in the game for sure.

The level packs are nice, but over-priced except on sale. I haven't played them all (just ordered the last two, Ghostbusters and Dr. Who), but Portal is a must get, and Midway (especially if you like classic arcade games, it has about 20 emulated games included on top of the level, but you do have to have other level packs to get them all - like Simpsons for Cyberball).

The game is similar to other Lego games, and each figure from a different franchise unlocks a hub world attached to the main hub world with more stuff to do. There is a list floating around of minimum purchases to see 100%. Each figure has certain abilities (like with other Lego games), so you have to have a certain collection of them to do everything.

Yes, there is a paywall on figures unlike older Lego games, but you do get some spiffy Legos (not too out of line with small pack purchases, especially with these deals). But unlocking hub worlds for franchises adds to the value.

And one nice thing is the main starter is getting new content all the way through next year with no new base game. They have at least a couple new full fledged "Story Packs" that come with Legos to alter the appearance of your portal, multiple new levels (6 per), and figure/items. So far I know of Fantastic Beasts and Ghostbusters 2016 for those.

Personally, I altered the build of the original portal anyways because it had too many things sticking out that made it hard to store when not playing. The big loop thingy is just a pain as well as many of the little hanging stuff that constantly come off. Build it once, then take it apart and make it something you like with the pieces (or add some of your own). The portal itself works fine with no Legos attached, it is just a base with studs for attaching other Legos.
Thanks for the quick responses. It sounds promising. I'm no stranger to picking up Polybagged LEGOs, so that price point I'm already ok with. Good to know on the levels though. I'll pick up the level packs and aesthetically pleasing LEGOs I want... now is it worth waiting for Supergirl... or just eat the $35.00 price now.

Best bet is to wait. That's what I'm doing unless you REALLY have to play Battlefront lol.

Thanks for the quick responses. It sounds promising. I'm no stranger to picking up Polybagged LEGOs, so that price point I'm already ok with. Good to know on the levels though. I'll pick up the level packs and aesthetically pleasing LEGOs I want... now is it worth waiting for Supergirl... or just eat the $35.00 price now.
No, unless you are a huge Supergirl fan and want her right now. Otherwise wait and get your Starter once she starts being included with the PS3/4, likely at full price for a while. Or even better wait until next year, her exclusive period ends at the end of March 2017 and get your Starter now for cheap.

The main thing is training yourself to not have the "get them all mentality". Stick with what you like and what you need to do what you want. You don't need to unlock 100%, but even if you want that you do not have to even close to get them all, as long as you are strategic on your choices. Most of the ability unlocks just give you access to bricks, not new areas. The worst thing is sometimes you will need to choose between two figure packs you like to accomplish something or one figure that does both but isn't one you like.

Dang.  Missed Battlefront Deluxe.  Ordered PS4 then changed my mind to go for Xbox with the impulse trigger support.  Maybe it'll come back in stock.

Dang. Missed Battlefront Deluxe. Ordered PS4 then changed my mind to go for Xbox with the impulse trigger support. Maybe it'll come back in stock.
Your not missing much. The Deluxe edition only gives you a few emotes and weapon shortcuts. I would just get the regular edition. I've played both the X1 and PS4 version and prefer it on the X1. The controller and online are much better. Even though the player base is larger on the PS4, games are fuller and found quicker on the X1.

There is literally no need to get Battlefront deluxe. All it comes with is an emote and early access to a blaster that you can unlock after a few hours playing on your own. That's it.

Your not missing much. The Deluxe edition only gives you a few emotes and weapon shortcuts. I would just get the regular edition. I've played both the X1 and PS4 version and prefer it on the X1. The controller and online are much better. Even though the player base is larger on the PS4, games are fuller and found quicker on the X1.
Thanks. I'll probably do that. I just liked the storm trooper case art. Might wait to see if my $5 certificate gets refunded before sale ends, but I bet not.

Thanks. I'll probably do that. I just liked the storm trooper case art. Might wait to see if my $5 certificate gets refunded before sale ends, but I bet not.
It does have a better case :). Not sure if you have Access, but I'd be shocked if this isn't in the vault by years end.

Picked up a few Lego Dimensions Packs, sucks that BBY don't seem to cary the 3DS verison of Skylanders Superchargers.  I would have picked that up.

Not some bad deals but I'm trying to save and burn through my backlog as much as possible before every game starts coming out.

I was hoping for Doom and Dark Souls III, strange how those aren't on sale. Yet Mighty No. 9 is lol I actually didn't think they'd get Mighty No. 9 signature edition back up either

There is literally no need to get Battlefront deluxe. All it comes with is an emote and early access to a blaster that you can unlock after a few hours playing on your own. That's it.
I got it, since the game finally hit my price point, but I didn't realize Deluxe didn't come with the Season pass. That sucks. I'll pick that up in some future PSN sale.

I was hoping for Doom and Dark Souls III, strange how those aren't on sale. Yet Mighty No. 9 is lol I actually didn't think they'd get Mighty No. 9 signature edition back up either
I'm sure they got a LOT of returns on the signature edition. I'd be pretty certain there will never be another Mighty game, and having a special edition of a game that really didn't do well and wasn't very rare isn't going to be worth much.

I'm sure they got a LOT of returns on the signature edition. I'd be pretty certain there will never be another Mighty game, and having a special edition of a game that really didn't do well and wasn't very rare isn't going to be worth much.
True, I guess. I'm probably skipping said special edition and just getting the regular game. The price difference is too much not to do for.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Uncharted 4 will drop lower than this later this year right? Not worth getting it yet if I'm not gonna play it for a long time?

Picked up the Jurassic World Dimensions set and pretty much everything I didn't already have from DC Comics and The Lego Movie. Six sets for $39, not bad.

It's pretty much guaranteed that Uncharted 4 will drop lower than this later this year right? Not worth getting it yet if I'm not gonna play it for a long time?
I'm debating the same thing. I don't even like the Uncharted games but as a gamer always feel like I should beat them. Ugh. Expectations.

I have been waiting MONTHS for the season pass for Battlefront to go on sale (along with the season pass of BO3) and no go...sigh.

bread's done
Back