Best Buy Black Friday Deals Available Now - Ends Sunday

Funny thing. Ordered Destroy All Humans for the Xbox One go to pick it up yesterday, we go to get it wrong system. They grabbed the wrong version. PS4. It was for a gift. I wouldn't care as we have both systems here. Now it says they have it in store. So we go to look. None to be found. They go to reorder it. No Go. It was removed from the web site. No more SKU for it. Think somehow its back on their site for BF? Thanks for reading!

Funny thing. Ordered Destroy All Humans for the Xbox One go to pick it up yesterday, we go to get it wrong system. They grabbed the wrong version. PS4. It was for a gift. I wouldn't care as we have both systems here. Now it says they have it in store. So we go to look. None to be found. They go to reorder it. No Go. It was removed from the web site. No more SKU for it. Think somehow its back on their site for BF? Thanks for reading!
It's odd that they'd scan the wrong version - the devices used for store pickups literally will not allow you to proceed with the pick until you scan the correct barcode for the item.

Is it my imagination, or was the Spyro collection on Switch supposed to be $20 at some point?
It's in the ad that starts this Sunday along with all the other major games. They may have had a sneak peak sale on it or something else... not sure. There's a post on it over on slick deals listing all the games, their systems, and price and I think scans of the ad (or a link). I have no issue using SD, CAG, and the NintendoSwitchDeals Reddit in looking for sales. Often each source has something before the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Maneater in my cart...but driving to BB just wasn't worth it. Thought maybe I'll pick up Squadrons too and see if I can get free shipping but it wasn't on sale yet...game pass has made me lazy about deals, they will both probably come to gp or be on digital sale soon enough....
It feels destined for Game Pass so I couldn't bite (pun intended) on it either. Such a weird limbo to see deals I would have jumped on in the past and just not buy. . .

I just received my online order for Maneater and Destroy all Humans for Xbox One. I received Destroy All Humans the PS4 version by mistake. I go to check my order email, and initially it shows the Xbox version. But now shows a new SKU with no image. Plus, as you mentioned, the game is no longer listed on their website. So I have no clue if it's in stock locally and worth going in-store to the store to exchange.

I order a bunch of dc tv series last night and today one of them, are delievr with roadie and other with shipt. what the hack are those
They use those companies to do "same day" deliveries which were free for Elite Plus members during that sale.

I order a bunch of dc tv series last night and today one of them, are delievr with roadie and other with shipt. what the hack are those
Local store to home service. I got an order on Monday from them as well. Driver called me and everything. It a little felt odd honestly

Looks like a lot of the Sony first party PS4 games went on sale this morning.  For example Nioh 2 and Medievil for $9.99 each and Iron Man VR for $19.99 to name a small portion.

I picked up Predator Hunting Grounds for $9.99 myself.

Eventually want to pick up Dreams, Days Gone, and Iron Man, but will probably wait until they hit $10 sometime next year. Maybe will get Medievil, but I assume it'll hit $5 on PSN eventually.

In for :ps4: MediEvil at $10.

I'm a little interested in Nioh 2, but the first one kicked my butt, I should probably pass.

Is last of us 2 worth $30?
TLOU2 is and remains one of the few games from 2020 that is worth $60 full stop. The graphics are unreal, the story is fantastic (dealing with trauma and how it effects you and everyone around you) and I haven’t been as deeply invested in a game maybe ever before.

Side note, I suffer from PTSD, and that certainly effected my ability to connect with it so deeply. YMMV.

Yes, if you liked the first one. No, if you dislike stealth based games in general. While you can go full on combat, imo the game is harder that way. There are also a lot of settings you can adjust to your preference, and I believe combat/stealth portions of the game can be made more or less entirely negligible if you just want to experience the story and world.

I'm a little interested in Nioh 2, but the first one kicked my butt, I should probably pass.
I feel like Nioh 2 is a little easier than the first, since you can randomly acquire demon's souls as skills a la some of the Castlevania titles.

I feel like Nioh 2 is a little easier than the first, since you can randomly acquire demon's souls as skills a la some of the Castlevania titles.
I ended up getting it. It's hard to say no at $10 for something you'll at least get 10 hours out of before it stomps you into submission.

Check Walmart on Brickseek. I got it for $5.
I've tried. BS said my WM had stock, but they don't :\

$10 is the next best price I've seen for MediEvil.

Yeah, I'm only interested in Nioh because it's Team Ninja, but the gameplay talk turns me off. Also, since I'm a physical media dinosaur, I dislike that there is a lot of post DLC for Nioh 1 and 2, and yet the West hasn't gotten any complete editions for either game.

Allegedly, a complete version for both games is coming to PS5, with everything on disc. Not sure if it'll make it here, but I would think so given the slim pickings on PS5. Also, if this gen mirrors last gen, publishers - including Sony - will want to put out remasters to make some "easy" money.

Looks like a lot of the Sony first party PS4 games went on sale this morning. For example Nioh 2 and Medievil for $9.99 each and Iron Man VR for $19.99 to name a small portion.

I picked up Predator Hunting Grounds for $9.99 myself.
I don’t understand why Nioh 2 has dropped so much and Sekiro hasn’t even reached 20.

I don’t understand why Nioh 2 has dropped so much and Sekiro hasn’t even reached 20.
ya im really surprised how cheap nioh 2 has become. it seemed to review well and aside from the hard first boss, i dont hear much bad about it. its already been $10 earlier in the year. all i can think is that doom eternal, half-life alyx, persona royal, and the innitial release date for cyberpunk maybe buried the release of the game

ya im really surprised how cheap nioh 2 has become. it seemed to review well and aside from the hard first boss, i dont hear much bad about it. its already been $10 earlier in the year. all i can think is that doom eternal, half-life alyx, persona royal, and the innitial release date for cyberpunk maybe buried the release of the game
Both titles are getting a PS5 re-release, and bundled edition for PS4, so perfectly understandable they want to clear inventory on this edition.

Yes it’s GOTY contender. It’s either that or ghost of Tsushima but I’d pick Tsushima for more fun. If you’re not one of those people who cry about things not going your way story wise, you’d appreciate it. It’s a story being told their way not a story to please fans or a fan service story.

easily. It’s a 25-30 hours on one play thru alone. Really great atmosphere and moment to moment action. The story is really good IMO, while it’s story isn’t without flaws (like how every black character is treated in TLOU universe) it just has some polarizing choices. That said, they really had almost no original options after the first games ending and the point of 2 is to make you feel bad about the things you have to do. Its the least derivative sequel they could’ve possibly done. It’s a wild ride for sure. I’d say it’s a no brainer for $30 in terms entertainment value

Yes it’s GOTY contender. It’s either that or ghost of Tsushima but I’d pick Tsushima for more fun. If you’re not one of those people who cry about things not going your way story wise, you’d appreciate it. It’s a story being told their way not a story to please fans or a fan service story.
Yeah but a story told without any rhyme or reason doesn't mean it's good. Changing personalities is just shitty writing.

Not going into a TLOU2 rant but I don't think the criticism is just because things didn't go how they wanted. Also there is way more watching and less gameplay compared to the first, dual storylines is just padding, pandering, forced walking segments, slow chapter openings, jumping states with no gameplay or cinemas, also the ending location was completely rushed etc. You can tell there was a lot more planned for the game. The ending was changed just because, and that's according to the director.

Anyway, for $30 still around 25 hours first time through. People will get their moneys worth. Just wish there were more shootouts.

I grabbed one of the Switch Rocketfish docks.

It works, except for one major issue -- the USB port on the dock doesn't work. It's only for charging devices.

It does let you play on the TV, but you can't use any USB devices...
I got that dock too and my wired Power A controller works with it, so I think you must have some kind of issue somewhere. But my complaint with the dock is that it has this tiny fan that makes an annoying noise, although it's worth noting I'm particularly sensitive to annoying noises.

I got that dock too and my wired Power A controller works with it, so I think you must have some kind of issue somewhere. But my complaint with the dock is that it has this tiny fan that makes an annoying noise, although it's worth noting I'm particularly sensitive to annoying noises.
That's odd... I didn't notice a fan.

Are you talking about the BestBuy Rocketfish dock, or the Insignia dock?

The manual seems to go out of its way to only mention the port being used as "USB out" for charging...

Yeah but a story told without any rhyme or reason doesn't mean it's good. Changing personalities is just shitty writing.

Not going into a TLOU2 rant but I don't think the criticism is just because things didn't go how they wanted. Also there is way more watching and less gameplay compared to the first, dual storylines is just padding, pandering, forced walking segments, slow chapter openings, jumping states with no gameplay or cinemas, also the ending location was completely rushed etc. You can tell there was a lot more planned for the game. The ending was changed just because, and that's according to the director.

Anyway, for $30 still around 25 hours first time through. People will get their moneys worth. Just wish there were more shootouts.
Yeah one issue I had with the game is pacing. I’ll definitely understand if a player hates it cuz they don’t care for the character you have to deal with for half the game

I don't agree with the less gameplay aspect, or wishing for more shootouts. The one thing that I felt was almost too heavy in the game was the number of enemy encounters, especially later in the game. There were times I was almost exhausted in yet another shootout / enemy encounter that sandwiched a small moment of story.

I will agree that there was likely much more they wanted to tell in the story and pacing definitely wasn't perfect. However, the pacing issues for me were largely due to too much gameplay. It just never stopped coming and I always wanted to get back to the story because it was overall great. Even the second half of the game was fantastic, even if the tone changed. I may have felt different if I ran into every situation with guns a blazing instead of playing stealth though. Playing through with proper stealth really drags out the gameplay segments.

I put in an order for (all PS4 games):

Yakuza Remastered Collection

Bayonetta and Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle

Trials of Mana

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection

Y:s Memories of Celcelta Timeless Adventurer Edition

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Best to just put in the whole order now, let it ship, and then think about what I'm going to keep and return later.  These things can go OOS. 

I put in an order for (all PS4 games):

Yakuza Remastered Collection

Bayonetta and Vanquish 10th Anniversary Bundle

Trials of Mana

Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection

Y:s Memories of Celcelta Timeless Adventurer Edition

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Best to just put in the whole order now, let it ship, and then think about what I'm going to keep and return later. These things can go OOS.
And you'd think we'd learn our lesson because when Cyber Monday rolls around, we repurchase 90% of these things for $5-10 cheaper lol.

The free Resident Evil 3 steelbook was sold out for shipping so I just removed it from the cart.  Still a great deal regardless for the game at $14.99.

This one - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-tv-dock-kit-for-nintendo-switch-black/6405324.p?skuId=6405324

Not sure what else I can say, I swear I'm not lying about my wired controller working with it, lol
That's so weird... that's the one I have.

I'll try it again, and then try swapping it for another unit at Best Buy. I've been assuming it was a design flaw, if only because the manual seems to go out of its way to say that the USB port is only for charging...

I wonder if there was a revision?

bread's done
Back