Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[quote name='LoveLost']Sucks My BB has them both for regular price.[/QUOTE]

Did you just look at the labels or did you have them check their system?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']So got a AC Brotherhood CE for PS3. And maybe I'm crazy but did anyone else run into the issue of not having any codes for the Trajan Market and Aqueduct maps that are supposed to be in it?? Opened it it all and everything but all that's there is the code for the officer dlc and thats it....[/QUOTE]
2 other CAGs mentioned this a few pages back.
Has me a little worried now...

I'm gonna go check this out today here. Thanks
smile.gif

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']So got a AC Brotherhood CE for PS3. And maybe I'm crazy but did anyone else run into the issue of not having any codes for the Trajan Market and Aqueduct maps that are supposed to be in it?? Opened it it all and everything but all that's there is the code for the officer dlc and thats it....[/QUOTE]

That one code you have is supposed to unlock all those items. Have you tried redeeming it yet?

BB in Gainesville, FL claimed to have some Fable 3 LE in stock online - I couldn't find any, but there were AC:B CE's all over the place. I was just there to pick up an online order and I really don't have any money, so I didn't check further than that. Good luck!

The Edgewood Atl,Ga BB has like 9 360 AS:B and no PS3 ones. They were all 60 bucks so I'll have to think about whether 40 bucks is a good enough deal.

[quote name='miriamleo']My BB has ton of Fable 3 Collector with the price $29.99. They are not even in a spider or plastic case. Just more than 25 sitting there on shelves. I didn't even bother to buy one as it has crappy reviews and I haven't even started Fable 2 yet - which I got 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Where are people finding all these "crappy reviews" for Fable III. I haven't played it myself, but it's got 80% Gamerankings which is a decent score (from my experience with Gamerankings, 80-85% is Good, 85-90% is Great, and >90% is excellent).

How is everyone checking the stock online? I cannot get this to come up at all as an item - using the sku # or the name...... hmmm...... only thing I see it the strat guide not the game......

[quote name='gryphter']swung by 3 Best Buys in PA, no Fable LE's. Saw plenty of AC: Brotherhoods though

Easton, PA
Quakertown, PA
Norristown, PA[/QUOTE]

Any GT5 CEs at these locations?

[quote name='tossin']Where are people finding all these "crappy reviews" for Fable III. I haven't played it myself, but it's got 80% Gamerankings which is a decent score (from my experience with Gamerankings, 80-85% is Good, 85-90% is Great, and >90% is excellent).[/QUOTE]

I'll give you one right now. On the Josh scale of sucks to awesome, Fable III gets a sucks. There's also Amazon reviews:

5 star: (70)
4 star: (77)
3 star: (76)
2 star: (58)
1 star: (43)

Just picked up an AC: Brotherhood CE for Xbox 360 today, rung up $59.99, used a 10% off coupon to bring it to $58.xx total. There were 5-6 more copies left, but almost all of them were banged up or were being squeezed to death by the spider clamps. Also noticed that the PS3 versions were going for $99.99 still, lol. Also saw a Halo Reach Legendary for $80. Thanks OP!

Where are you guys getting the 10% off coupon. The one I have expired on 10th & the only other one I can find is for silver RZ members.
Is that what you are using?

[quote name='superhelicase']Just got a copy at Myerland, Texas. Scanned at 60 bucks, and there were 2 more on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean Meyerland area? :lol:

@DanteWarrior:
Yes, those talking about the coupon are talking about the 10% off for silver RZ members.

About 24 hours after my initial contact with Ubisoft, I've got the AC:B bonus maps now. Just had to send them a few pics (upc, disc and receipt) to prove I have the CE and they got a code to me pretty quickly.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Just picked up an AC: Brotherhood CE for Xbox 360 today, rung up $59.99, used a 10% off coupon to bring it to $58.xx total. There were 5-6 more copies left, but almost all of them were banged up or were being squeezed to death by the spider clamps. Also noticed that the PS3 versions were going for $99.99 still, lol. Also saw a Halo Reach Legendary for $80. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Hoping Halo would drop a bit more....:roll:

Forgot this: Saw a dozen or so Halo Legendary at Towson, MD store. Tag says $150, scanned at $80. Can't get myself to jump on this one for some reason.

So is Fable 3 worth the $30? It seems YMMV?
Some reviews stated that Fable 2 is as good as Fable 3 or better. There were some stuff that was disappointed in Fable 3. :roll:
I never played any of the Fable series, so I'm not sure if this is a good game worth playing.
Anyone got reviews on Des Ex?

Wow bullshit. I checked Fable 3 CE on the store finder yesterday night and they still had one at my store (possibly a shitload more; I'm pretty sure they did). Once this gets posted on here and SD, they disappear. Sigh.

[quote name='ryheeles']About 24 hours after my initial contact with Ubisoft, I've got the AC:B bonus maps now. Just had to send them a few pics (upc, disc and receipt) to prove I have the CE and they got a code to me pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Just picked up the AC:B CE for PS3. Are you telling me that there is a physical code somewhere in the box? I opened it already and found now flyer/card with a code on it the game is still sealed....

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Where are you guys getting the 10% off coupon. The one I have expired on 10th & the only other one I can find is for silver RZ members.
Is that what you are using?[/QUOTE]

Yeah non-silver members can still use the silver 10% off coupon, there's no discrimination when you're using the code. So go for it!

[quote name='The Punisher']Hoping Halo would drop a bit more....:roll:[/QUOTE]

Someone posted that they got a Legendary for $50 recently at their Best Buy, but it's definitely YMMV on that one. =P

[quote name='sead21c']Just picked up the AC:B CE for PS3. Are you telling me that there is a physical code somewhere in the box? I opened it already and found now flyer/card with a code on it the game is still sealed....[/QUOTE]

There should be codes for the bonus maps and the Doctor character inside the game case, but it seems a lot of us have only had the code for the Doctor. Game was sealed, by the way.

I got the AC: Brotherhood with no code for the maps, just for the Officer. Contacted UBI, they asked for a picture of the UPC, receipt, disc, and then got back to me with a working code within 24 or 36 hours.

There were still two copies of the Fable LE left at the South Austin Best Buy (near Brodie Lane on 290) around 4pm this afternoon if anybody is interested. Spider wrap on them, so a little bit of crushing to the top/bottom of the case.

This no codes thing has kind of pissed me off. I even exchanged my copy at best buy and the 2nd one had no codes. One would think if you are going to pack a CE for a major retailer you'd freaking do it right and simply include a slip of paper the 1st time around. I know I can still get them, but should not have to take photographic evidence to get something that was supposed to be included especially if they know it is an issue. I probably will not ever buy another Ubisoft CE game after this FUBAR screwup.

For those using the 10% off Best Buy Silver RZ coupon, are you using the mobile version (ie showing the cashier your phone) or a printed copy? I'm just curious if they required any proof that you are a silver member or not. I'm only a regular RZ member, but wouldn't mind taking advantage of it if it can be done.

I tried the regular one on my mobile yesterday and it didn't work. I used the silver one on my mobile today and it worked.

I am a rewards member, but not a paying one. So I don't think that is silver. Anyways, the actual mobile data says something about needing to be a silver member, but doesn't require any verification in the computer system. So I would guess YMMV, depending on if the cashier reads the description and checks or not. I would bet they would just punch in the number without really reading the details personally.

[quote name='airjumpman']For those using the 10% off Best Buy Silver RZ coupon, are you using the mobile version (ie showing the cashier your phone) or a printed copy? I'm just curious if they required any proof that you are a silver member or not. I'm only a regular RZ member, but wouldn't mind taking advantage of it if it can be done.[/QUOTE]

I printed it out and told the cashier "Best Buy texted me this, but I printed it for your convenience."

I checked out my closest BB today. They had no copies of Fable III CE that I could see, but I found 4 AC: B for PS3 that come up as $59.99.

They also had a ton of the Halo Reach Limited for $59.99 and about 10 or so the Halo Reach Legendary with a sign on the shelf marked $79.99.

I didn't have either HR bundle scanned to see if maybe they come up cheaper or not, but I'm definitely going to hope that the AC: B bundles are there come Sunday when the B2G1 goes live.;)

Update: Buyer's Beware. This whole talk about missing codes is true. Just opened up my sealed game and all that was inside was the manual and Officer Code. Had to call Ubisoft and they directed me to their website to upload photographic proof that I have the Collectors edition. No problem, it's just that Ubi's website is not working properly on IE or FireFox. Keeps throwing back SSL errors.

My AC:B had 2 codes inside one for the officer and the other for the 2 maps. I entered them both through the game not through marketplace, as it said to do on the card and it accepted both of them. I thought it was a little weird though nothing downloaded and they both seemed to unlock the same thing. Each one said it unlocked the officer and two different maps then I hit continue.

How can you tell if you unlocked the maps.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Shit, I should probably sell my Fable 3 CE, I thought it was going to be limited.[/QUOTE]

Limited to the number they could sell...

There are shit ton on Fable 3 Collector at my BB.
I bought 4 of them and already sold 2 of them for $60 each.

I don't usually hoard because I don't want to take away people chances of buying it. But there are so many of them I don't feel bad.

Is the code in the large box or inside a sealed AC box inside of the large box? BB here in Orlando has bout 5 each for both consoles

The BB in Nashville (Nashville West Shopping Center) still had a few Brotherhood CE's @ 59.99 (3 for 360, 2 for PS3).
Also noticed that all the Halo: Reach LE's were priced @ 59.99, and Magna Carta 2 @ 17.99, if that's not listed in any other thread.

[quote name='sead21c']Update: Buyer's Beware. This whole talk about missing codes is true. Just opened up my sealed game and all that was inside was the manual and Officer Code. Had to call Ubisoft and they directed me to their website to upload photographic proof that I have the Collectors edition. No problem, it's just that Ubi's website is not working properly on IE or FireFox. Keeps throwing back SSL errors.[/QUOTE]

Can you give me the link? Would very much appreciate it. I just skimmed through a couple of the last pages in this thread and I looked at my AC:Brotherhood ce and Yep, doesn't have the 2 Maps, only the officer code. Lame.

[quote name='Dragun619']Can you give me the link? Would very much appreciate it. I just skimmed through a couple of the last pages in this thread and I looked at my AC:Brotherhood ce and Yep, doesn't have the 2 Maps, only the officer code. Lame.[/QUOTE]

You have to call Ubisoft ( their tech support number is on the last page of the game manual) and explain the issue. At thatbpoint they will send you an email using your Uplay address. The email contains a link that requires you to log in with your Uplay log in. After that it will direct you to your open ticket where you can upload the pictures that UBisoft requires to email you codes.

I already did all this today but have not received the codes as of yet.

[quote name='sead21c']You have to call Ubisoft ( their tech support number is on the last page of the game manual) and explain the issue. At thatbpoint they will send you an email using your Uplay address. The email contains a link that requires you to log in with your Uplay log in. After that it will direct you to your open ticket where you can upload the pictures that UBisoft requires to email you codes.

I already did all this today but have not received the codes as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see, Thank you man, I guess I'll call them up later. Pretty lame though. How did Ubisoft mess that up, especially for a Collector edition? :shame:

I got the last Fable 3 LE at my BB for $30, but I wish they had the AC one instead.

I wasn't really high on Fable 3, but it was cheap and wait in the line of games I still have to play. Plus my friends like it, so they'll get some mileage out of it.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Do any1 know if the Fable 3 CE the game inside have a UPC barcode at all? If so, do you know what those numbers are? I contemplating trading in my game to amazon and keeping all the extras.[/QUOTE]

The case does not have a UPC barcode and it also isn't even a standard game case, it's a solid black DVD case.

bread's done
Back