Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
well gamespot just ripped apart re6 and gave it a 45/100. Things aren't looking good. Must resist the urge and wait until black friday. I see $29.99 in the near future.

[quote name='finstersucks']well gamespot just ripped apart re6 and gave it a 45/100. Things aren't looking good. Must resist the urge and wait until black friday. I see $29.99 in the near future.[/QUOTE]

Very near future, since you can get it at that price at launch when you factor in the PM and $20 rz cert.

Okay, so before I put my pre-order in I want to verify: it says my current Reward Zone status is "Core"

I know for a fact that I am GCU, but is Core RZ different than being GCU? Do I have to enter a specific number from a card or something to let them know that I am GCU?

Pre-ordering NBA 2K13 for Ship to Home. Doing this, I can still PM if the price drops, right?

[quote name='aircobra']Very near future, since you can get it at that price at launch when you factor in the PM and $20 rz cert.[/QUOTE]

paying up front and getting $20 rz cert is not the same as an immediate $20 off. plus, i don't do pm calling best buy and being on hold forever or going to the store and waiting in line for 15 plus minutes and another 10 minutes for them to process the transaction and get managerial approval to save $10 is a waste of my life. I make much more than that an hour, I rather save that time playing the game or jacking off.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Okay, so before I put my pre-order in I want to verify: it says my current Reward Zone status is "Core"

I know for a fact that I am GCU, but is Core RZ different than being GCU? Do I have to enter a specific number from a card or something to let them know that I am GCU?

Pre-ordering NBA 2K13 for Ship to Home. Doing this, I can still PM if the price drops, right?[/QUOTE]

core means that you aren't reward zone silver. you have nothing to worry about. and yes, you can pm with ship to home

I preordered RE6 in-store but am having second thoughts...is there any problem with "canceling" my preorder after release? I am going there tomorrow already to pick up 2k13 and would rather not make 2 trips just to cancel my preorder of RE6 today...

[quote name='Youngnoble']Since when is a long campaign considered bad. With thoughts like that single player will eventually be dead.[/QUOTE]

It is bad if you are not having fun playing it?

[quote name='finstersucks']paying up front and getting $20 rz cert is not the same as an immediate $20 off. plus, i don't do pm calling best buy and being on hold forever or going to the store and waiting in line for 15 plus minutes and another 10 minutes for them to process the transaction and get managerial approval to save $10 is a waste of my life. I make much more than that an hour, I rather save that time playing the game or jacking off.[/QUOTE]

Much better to get it now so you can trade it in after beating it and get around $40. Pretty sure most people on here would go that route too. :roll:

Preordered NBA 2k13 today for shipping. I was thinking about RE 6 but with the reviews coming out it seems like something I will wait to use a @gamer coupon on in a few months.

I am somewhat sad to see RE6 on the path to bad reviews and sales.
I'm not a hardcore fan but always loved the series, also had so much with my wife playing RE5. Hope they somehow find a way to bring the series to its formal glory.

[quote name='aircobra']Much better to get it now so you can trade it in after beating it and get around $40. Pretty sure most people on here would go that route too. :roll:[/QUOTE]

did you even read the reviews? :roll: campaigns are 7 hrs long, there are 4 of them. Which equals?:roll: 28 hours :roll: It can wait bud, I not crying over a free rental. :roll:

I dont give two shits about the reviews. Game looks like fun and ill be enjoying from tomorrow till black ops 2. I cant wait to play this. If im wrong ill give every member of this website $1

Saw that gamestop would give me $30 for my ps2, since I just got a backwards ps3 I was like why not?.

Go to gamestop and realize that I opened my ps2 years ago and forgot......AND THEN! I went to BB to trade in Madden towards NBA and forgot my license is expired.

Worst 30 minutes ever

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I dont give two shits about the reviews. Game looks like fun and ill be enjoying from tomorrow till black ops 2. I cant wait to play this. If im wrong ill give every member of this website $1[/QUOTE]

Anf if not, im still probably going to be paid to play it. After the $20 cert, eventual price match, selling the dlc, and trade-in for $42.00.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I dont give two shits about the reviews. Game looks like fun and ill be enjoying from tomorrow till black ops 2. I cant wait to play this. If im wrong ill give every member of this website $1[/QUOTE]
Right on! I'm excited to play it, too, but I'll still take that dollar if you don't mind. ;)

[quote name='shady520']Probably both, I swear that best buy hires some of the stupidest people for 75% of their workforce.[/QUOTE]

They used to have a bunch of chill guys taht worked in gaming. Then they all quit and now theres just a bunch of morons in there, most of them older people who know absoulteyl nothing about the department

[quote name='ger2396']Same thing happened to me when I tried purchase borderlands 2. I was told I was not unlocked. Are you unlocked when you subscribed to the magazine? I also checked the magazine and it expires in November. My reward page doesn't say unlock. Any one Else have this happen to them? Thanks[/QUOTE]

thats a bit odd.. mine certainly says unlocked on the main page so im not sure how that would work with you

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait a second. If you already get the @Gamer magazine delivered to your house, then why did you need to use their in-store copy of the Prototype 2 coupon? Wouldn't you have your own from your copy of the magazine that got delivered?;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't have the magazine on me. I was buying a PS3 and decided to snag Prototype 2. Didn't want to go home to get the magazine. Im in the store all the time, wouldn't have been an issue at all normaly, but the guy was an idiot. The manager he called recognized me and told him to go ahead and do it, but im still annoyed that he kept insisting i wasn't unlocked

*sigh* i think im gonna have problems even just reneweing my subscription there. No one knows wtf theyre doing anymore in that department

^_^x KD

The only real reason I am not buying RE6 is I just do not have the time right now to make it worth while. If I could play it and trade it right away then I would but I am going to be too busy with Borderlands 2, Dishonored and AC:III. Then BLOPS II and Halo 4 drops and gaming life is over. Heck I still have Hitman and Far Cry 3 pre-ordered. This is just the game that falls through the cracks and the reviews only make me feel better about waiting but I hope everyone who gets it has a blast playing it.

[quote name='edson13']Anf if not, im still probably going to be paid to play it. After the $20 cert, eventual price match, selling the dlc, and trade-in for $42.00.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this, people are just way too fast at jumping ships. They see some bad reviews and rush to cancel the game even though they enjoyed the demo, why? Cause a reviewer told them the game was too action-oriented, lol wtf. I'd understand people who bought it elsewhere but CAGers should really give it a try considering you won't be loosing much in the process (besides time that is).

I'm sure the game will be fun in coop, kinda disappointed you can no longer swap weapons with friends, or that several coop areas are 'solo' experience where one player does everything while the other player sits and watches, its whatever. I'm sure I'll still be enjoying the heck out of this, especially if the campaign is as long as they say it is.

Just so you know as of right now...
Registered CAGs: 356,697, Active Members: 26,470

icon10.gif

[quote name='Vigilante']Right on! I'm excited to play it, too, but I'll still take that dollar if you don't mind. ;)[/QUOTE]

Lets see how my playthough goes first. Ill post what I think of the game later on in the night.

Just Redbox it (on 360, anyway) if you're on the fence.

I'm not on the fence. I'm buying it because I love RE and it's packed with a ton of content. I haven't played much of the game, but I'd be stunned if it's really a 4/10. I've seen too many examples of people forming an opinion of a game long before release. That seems to explain why sites like Polygon give unsubstantial indie games a 9/10 and RE6 a 4.

[quote name='Kenshindono']They used to have a bunch of chill guys taht worked in gaming. Then they all quit and now theres just a bunch of morons in there, most of them older people who know absoulteyl nothing about the department[/QUOTE]

You sure they all quit and didn't get promoted to other areas of the store? This seems to happen a lot.

Over the past 6-8 years my store has had really awesome employees in games. The problem is, one of the best guys got promoted to a leader for the Geek Squad in the district. Hadn't seen him for about 3 years and then he walked into my last job back in the spring. We were talking and he said that he pretty much just strictly travels throughout the district doing house calls, supervising install work, and troubleshooting.

Since then, they had one kid who was pretty damn knowledgeable and was actually a gamer, and within a month he was getting trained in mobile. Now it seems like they just haven't hired anyone for the department at all. There is one girl who is a big gamer that's over there, and two guys who are over there to help out, but are usually working in the iPod and camera department.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hmmm, I still have NCAA and ?Madden sitting sealed on my desk. I don't think I can handle another sports game to get rid of. Still haven't opened RE ORC, so I will probably pass on that too.

IDK how you guys sell stuff on Craigslist. I listed Madden for $50 (sealed/new) on xbox 360 the week it came out and I didn't even get one email. It was sold out locally as well.[/QUOTE]

I had madden listed the next day and it was gone in an hr. Maybe you had it listed under shoes? =D

Picked up 2k13 for resale. Still up for pre order with shipping.

In store pickup wasn't available for Anthology edition so did ship to house. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend. Did mostly for 1-5 as I can trade in for 42, $20 gc, and PM possibility so getting full retail price back. Reviews aren't good, but I enjoyed the demo.

[quote name='YBX87']only disonhonor slightly interests me too, but only for the preorder bonus of the Whale Oil USB Lamp,[/QUOTE]

Anyone have any more info about the lamp as far as size? I can't find any info anywhere.

So I'm sort of confused as to how this 20 dollar promo works, I mean I want to pre-order both black ops and halo 4. So would I end up getting 40 dollars in credit? I asked the lady at best buy and she mentioned it was a 20 dollar promo every 4 games you pre-ordered.

[quote name='spiderman4657']So I'm sort of confused as to how this 20 dollar promo works, I mean I want to pre-order both black ops and halo 4. So would I end up getting 40 dollars in credit? I asked the lady at best buy and she mentioned it was a 20 dollar promo every 4 games you pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]
Well not shocked to see a BB employee have no idea what the fuck is going on. Yes, you would get $40 for both games. It's $20 a game.

[quote name='JmyHny']Did anyone else that tried to pre-order NBA 2K13 today have problems pre-ordering in store?[/QUOTE]

Yup I was told that the cutoff was 5 PM. Pretty arbitrary time really, especially for a store open 24 hours.

Wow was planning on pre-ordering resident evil 6 Anthology for the xbox until I realized that the xbox version is a completely different one. And the include the older games, which is kind of a bummer.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Well not shocked to see a BB employee have no idea what the fuck is going on. Yes, you would get $40 for both games. It's $20 a game.[/QUOTE]
Figured as much thanks. I don't know how people at best buy can give such bad misinformation.

How are BB.com pm's handled? I mean if I pre-order nba2k13 to be shipped, can you also go into a b&m store to get a pm? I ask because according to their website, pm's can only be done through BB.com via the phone. I would appreciate any information regarding this because I had a bad experience with the .com division of the company and would like to avoid dealing with them for a pm.

[quote name='arbailey']Anyone have any more info about the lamp as far as size? I can't find any info anywhere.[/QUOTE]It's a lamp that you plug into a USB port and it lights up when you do so--it isn't a USB drive (i.e., it doesn't store any data), it's just a tiny lamp. :\

[quote name='spiderman4657']Figured as much thanks. I don't know how people at best buy can give such bad misinformation.[/QUOTE]

I posted a while back about how I almost got in an argument with a BB employee who INSISTED that you only got $20 no matter how many games on the list you pre-ordered. He said "BB would go "bankrupt if they gave out $20 for every game someone pre-ordered". Unreal.

[quote name='jza1218']Yup I was told that the cutoff was 5 PM. Pretty arbitrary time really, especially for a store open 24 hours.[/QUOTE]
welcome to the club, that is exactly what happen to me when i tried to preorder fifa 13 last week in store. it was around close to 4pm, LOL

[quote name='tactician26']How are BB.com pm's handled? I mean if I pre-order nba2k13 to be shipped, can you also go into a b&m store to get a pm? I ask because according to their website, pm's can only be done through BB.com via the phone. I would appreciate any information regarding this because I had a bad experience with the .com division of the company and would like to avoid dealing with them for a pm.[/QUOTE]
you have to pm via phone, no other way to avoid it, or around it.

[quote name='tactician26']How are BB.com pm's handled? I mean if I pre-order nba2k13 to be shipped, can you also go into a b&m store to get a pm? I ask because according to their website, pm's can only be done through BB.com via the phone. I would appreciate any information regarding this because I had a bad experience with the .com division of the company and would like to avoid dealing with them for a pm.[/QUOTE]

PMs for online orders are handled over the phone, unfortunately.

[quote name='TooPoor']My FIFA points appeared as pending[/QUOTE]

Same here. I haven't even played it and I just preordered RE6 and 2k13 5 hours ago. >_

[quote name='JmyHny']Did anyone else that tried to pre-order NBA 2K13 today have problems pre-ordering in store?[/QUOTE]

I was told they stopped a few days ago. I ended up just preordering online this afternoon.

[quote name='jza1218']Yup I was told that the cutoff was 5 PM. Pretty arbitrary time really, especially for a store open 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

That is interesting, I tried to pre-order at 3:30pm and they wouldn't let me .

[quote name='YBX87']you have to pm via phone, no other way to avoid it, or around it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DWulf']PMs for online orders are handled over the phone, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I PMd Madden via email. It did take a couple of days to get back to me, so don't try it if time is a factor.

[quote name='mvp828']You sure they all quit and didn't get promoted to other areas of the store? This seems to happen a lot.

Over the past 6-8 years my store has had really awesome employees in games. The problem is, one of the best guys got promoted to a leader for the Geek Squad in the district. Hadn't seen him for about 3 years and then he walked into my last job back in the spring. We were talking and he said that he pretty much just strictly travels throughout the district doing house calls, supervising install work, and troubleshooting.

Since then, they had one kid who was pretty damn knowledgeable and was actually a gamer, and within a month he was getting trained in mobile. Now it seems like they just haven't hired anyone for the department at all. There is one girl who is a big gamer that's over there, and two guys who are over there to help out, but are usually working in the iPod and camera department.[/QUOTE]

actually 1 quit, one transfered down south to LA for school, and one got promoted to security. All thats left is some old guy who used to work in movies i think and probalby couldn't tell a Dreamcast from a PS3

*sigh* It sucks because the chill guys let me do stuff like get the PS3 and Xbox version with the same @gamer coupon, but im really more irritated by the simple fact that no one even knows what they're doing anymore and i cant get help with crap. I still cant belive the guy was insisting i was NOT gamer unlocked o_O

^_^x KD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back