Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go on and trade it in if you're thinking about it redbox it if you get the need to play for a couple of days

[quote name='jcp42877']I don't really want to spend a lot of cash right now, so im tempted to just trade in RE6 tomorrow for $43.20 and use that towards Dishonored and paying off the difference with my other GCs.

I know RE6 just came out, but after it was all said and done with PM, cert, and gift card, I only paid $34ish for the Anthology. So I'd be getting more than I initially paid, and I got to keep 1-5. I haven't even beaten the game yet, but I figure the vanilla will be on sale fairly soon.

Then again, I have 7 days to finish it until I lose out on my Dishonored promo.[/QUOTE]FYI, you'll only get $38.40 for RE6 with the 60% bonus on the $24 current base value. You'll still come out slightly ahead, though.

Ahhhh I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on dishonored or not!? It's getting a bunch of good reviews and it comes with 20 dollars and i need a game to play but I heard the game is short so I can maybe redbox it? Also it looks like there out of the USB lamp online

[quote name='Vigilante']FYI, you'll only get $38.40 for RE6 with the 60% bonus on the $24 current base value. You'll still come out slightly ahead, though.[/QUOTE]

Check the TIV page my friend. The PS3 version is currently getting $27 base unlike the 360 copy ;)

I knew I switched to PS3 for good reason aha.

But yea...the Redbox is a good idea

I'm actually off tomorrow, so I might just pull me an all nighter with RE6! When I switched to PS3, I lost the desire for achievements and trophies, so I'm not concerned with 100% it, just sheer fun :D

If I preorder right now online, will I still get the $20 reward cert and preorder DLC? It looks they don't have the USB lamps anymore though :(

[quote name='jcp42877']Check the TIV page my friend. The PS3 version is currently getting $27 base unlike the 360 copy ;)

I knew I switched to PS3 for good reason aha.

But yea...the Redbox is a good idea

I'm actually off tomorrow, so I might just pull me an all nighter with RE6! When I switched to PS3, I lost the desire for achievements and trophies, so I'm not concerned with 100% it, just sheer fun :D[/QUOTE]Ah, my bad--I forgot about that other page.

[quote name='icewolf74']Why not just wait for Dishonored to drop in price substantially before buying it so you can enjoy the game and take your time without trying to recoup most of your money back by rushing through it? Or better yet, just rent the game?[/QUOTE]

I was going to switch my $44.99 Newegg pre-order to Best Buy today but Newegg had already processed my order around 6 this morning. I'm actually saving ~$19 + fuel since I don't get charged tax at Newegg, but I'm missing out on the pre-order bonuses and the 60 day price match window.

While Dishonored has been more closely compared to Bioshock and Half life with its own "thing" going on, does anyone else get a Singularity vibe off of it?

I bought Singulaity as a day one purchase and found the game to be great in a ton of areas...but once I beat it, loaded my saves for the other 2 endings, and brushed up on the last couple achievement, I was done with it.

My point being...the premise of DIshonored should be fantastic, but I feel it will fall short. Hopefully not though! Hopefully...

[quote name='209chromatic']Went ahead and pre ordered Dishonored, lamp is still available.[/QUOTE]

Did you preorder it online or instore because I just ordered online and it wasn't showing up in my cart. Not a big deal since its only a lamp lol

[quote name='KENFL0']Did you preorder it online or instore because I just ordered online and it wasn't showing up in my cart. Not a big deal since its only a lamp lol[/QUOTE]

Online, instore pickup is not available so it will be shipped. I'm still getting the lamp when I add it to my cart so it should still be available.

[quote name='typesdragon']I preordered RE6 a week before it was released, how long do I have to wait for my $20 RZ certifcate?[/QUOTE]

Longer than 2 weeks that's for sure....it helps to read the terms and conditions of something you are taking part in.

[quote name='209chromatic']Online, instore pickup is not available so it will be shipped. I'm still getting the lamp when I add it to my cart so it should still be available.[/QUOTE]

That's weird that its not coming up for me, not a big deal though

[quote name='KENFL0']That's weird that its not coming up for me, not a big deal though[/QUOTE]

It was doing that for me as well. I cleared my cart a couple times and finally got it to appear. Why that worked, I have no idea.

it seems alot of ppl just decided to preorder dishonored at the last minute, after seeing the high reviews, lol. i am going to have to pass on this game, after reading reviews about that the stealth approach almost being required, because it can affect your gameplay on later missions, due to the after effect it has on later misson's difficulty levels, if you keep using the confrontational method, by going head to head.

xcom isn't out yet?? I saw it available a few days ago at my local Best Buy when i went to get skyrim pc. should have bought it then. now im considering getting dishonored.

[quote name='splattered']Are we able to pricematch Borderlands 2 anywhere yet?[/QUOTE]No place has had it on sale yet (at least nowhere I can PM), so no.

[quote name='YBX87']it seems alot of ppl just decided to preorder dishonored at the last minute, after seeing the high reviews, lol. i am going to have to pass on this game, after reading reviews about that the stealth approach almost being required, because it can affect your gameplay on later missions, due to the after effect it has on later misson's difficulty levels, if you keep using the confrontational method, by going head to head.[/QUOTE]

thats what im afraid of the stealth portions kind of like deus ex that changes the game. im hoping im wrong and its more like assassins creed or mgs stealth. i still rolled the dice and preorder

[quote name='finstersucks']thats what im afraid of the stealth portions kind of like deus ex that changes the game. im hoping im wrong and its more like assassins creed or mgs stealth. i still rolled the dice and preorder[/QUOTE]

i think the review i saw mentioned it being more like deus ex, i am not 100% certain. from all the walkthrough i saw on youtube, it just is not my type of game. i am not trying to persuade other from getting it. it is just my opinion, so don't jump on me for it

[quote name='Vigilante']No place has had it on sale yet (at least nowhere I can PM), so no.[/QUOTE]

I'm quite excited for when this happens actually. My gf gave me money to get her bro BL2 for his bday, and told me I could keep the receipt to PM whenever sales happened and I could keep it all :D

I have a feeling though this game is going to be one of the slowwww ones to hit decent sales. I see the earliest only being a $49.99 price.

[quote name='NINJA V']i happened to need to buy a vanilla version for my brother that saturday(which was what i was going to use the credit for in the first place).

called about a week ago to find out the status of the credit... and they said it was being processed.

i just got the rz credit applied to the 2nd one i bought without a preorder, not the first.
[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. The 1000 points applied on the purchase without the preorder even though it was a different platform :roll:.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I also preordered Dishonored for the reasons mentioned above (60 day pm window and certificate), but I'm not sure if I should cancel my Amazon order so I could place it with Best Buy for the same reasons. I just really want that MoH steelbook (or as they call it, tin case)....[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it matter to you but tin case =/= steelbook. Tin case is EA's knockoff steelbook. From my experience with the ME3 one, the discs are hard to get out and I would not get one again.

[quote name='xpiredcoupon']any sales on RE6 Anthology yet for a PM besides Fry's (there isn't one located near me)[/QUOTE]

The game came out on Tuesday...the week just started. There is a thread on CAG will all the major retailers weekly ads. This is CAG...threads are posted about sales. This info is very easy to find on your own.

[quote name='godsmack13']Actually, at the moment all I see is the Best Buy and Target ad for this week ;)[/QUOTE]

Which is why I also said deals are posted in general. If a game is on sale anywhere that is regional/nationwide and not just a single store or two it will get posted on here, all ya need to do is search.

dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys

[quote name='au7oma7ic']dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys[/QUOTE]

I was not able to for borderland II, at least if you wanted to keep the 1000 RZ points. The guy told me that if I wanted to switch version. He would have to cancel the order, and ring it up as new. Therefore you will lose the 1000 RZ point for pre-order. :booty:

[quote name='au7oma7ic']dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys[/QUOTE

I'd say no because even if they rung it up as an exchange, it might show up as a return/rebuy as far as the promo goes. I think the only acceptable "exchange" situation is the $5 deposit where I've read it doesn't mess up the $20 promo.

[quote name='bob330i'][quote name='au7oma7ic']dumb question...but if i preordered a 360 version and switched to ps3 the day of purchase, will I still receive the points? THanks guys[/QUOTE

I'd say no because even if they rung it up as an exchange, it might show up as a return/rebuy as far as the promo goes. I think the only acceptable "exchange" situation is the $5 deposit where I've read it doesn't mess up the $20 promo.[/QUOTE]

I had this issue and had to post on the forums to get my points. However, it was indicated that if the return/purchase would have been on the same transaction then the points would have credited automatically.

My points for borderlands 2 just posted sweet now I can pick up my RE 6 preorder
Btw mine says $25 reward certificate... Maybe it's from other pooled purchases

My Borderlands 2 points post but the site hasn't updated completely since they aren't available yet :roll:

RE6 and Dishonored points are now pending though.

Picked up my preorder of Dishonored this morning. It took a while since my BB no longer has a dedicated sales rep for games. They are training employees to be able to help out in any department. This meant the person that help me had not done a preorder game before. It eventually took three people (plus one by phone) to get my game.

Make sure your receipt mentions "pre order bonus dishonored", otherwise I don't think you'll get the dlc code emailed to you. They had to ring me up again to handle that. I received the code in gmail 10 minutes later. Also don't forget your usb lamp.

[quote name='lilman']Picked up my preorder of Dishonored this morning. It took a while since my BB no longer has a dedicated sales rep for games. They are training employees to be able to help out in any department. This meant the person that help me had not done a preorder game before. It eventually took three people (plus one by phone) to get my game.

Make sure your receipt mentions "pre order bonus dishonored", otherwise I don't think you'll get the dlc code emailed to you. They had to ring me up again to handle that. I received the code in gmail 10 minutes later. Also don't forget your usb lamp.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reporting. FYI you don't have to remember the DLC preorder sku. Just tell the cashier to hit F10 and select DLC. It should print on your receipt as well as be emailed to you.

[quote name='lilman']Picked up my preorder of Dishonored this morning. It took a while since my BB no longer has a dedicated sales rep for games. They are training employees to be able to help out in any department. This meant the person that help me had not done a preorder game before. It eventually took three people (plus one by phone) to get my game.

Make sure your receipt mentions "pre order bonus dishonored", otherwise I don't think you'll get the dlc code emailed to you. They had to ring me up again to handle that. I received the code in gmail 10 minutes later. Also don't forget your usb lamp.[/QUOTE]

If the cashier screwed up and didn't put the pre-order bonus on, it should still be mailed to you within a day. According to the mod Kyle on the BBY forums:

"We also pull a daily report of transactions that may not have been rung up properly and email out codes following the release of a new title so, if you notice that you have not received one, please allow a full day from your pick-up before contact our support teams as you will likely still receive yours." (http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Dishonored-Preorder-codes-amp-offers/td-p/591220)

Picked up my game as well and for the first time had the DLC code added to my receipt. In the past when I would inquire about the pre-order bonus codes printing on the receipt they would always say it will be emailed to me, but this time the girl actually knew how to add it properly, awesome. Got the oil lamp thing too.

[quote name='slowdive21']Still no Bl2 points even pending on my account. My dishonored is set to deliver today! They overnighted it.[/QUOTE]

My order doesnt get here till weds =( But on a brighter note i received my $20 for fifa and i preordered that on 9/23!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back