Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Just remember to be logged into the site before using this link. If you aren't logged in it doesn't work for some reason (for me at least)[/QUOTE]
Or just enter the link again. If you do it twice the second time it'll work. That's how I've always done it.

I got quantum theory cheap and same with front mission evolved to trade for 32 (free game) but both are horrible anyway. im glad i locked them in at 32.

i just locked in spiderman sd last week for 26, glad i waited to ship it. 30's better ;)
also yeah i love mw2 everynite, but im so busy and i can see it selling for used less than 30 soon... idk.
and i will lock vanquish in at 30. im hoping to get it from bestbuy for 35 pricematch kmart. that's if amazon doesnt lower it to 35 pricematch with the b2g1f, then i might just grab it from there with modnation and mag or something. im thinkn its a keeper cuz i loved bayonetta, but sega games drop in price so fast, tho 35 2 weeks later is a steal... idk

wow just did my first trade in with best buy with this new program.
Out of 14 of the items, only 7 were accepted. Ace Combat 6 which had a trade in of 6 dollars would not be accepted. Checked the web site and it would appear that the last digit of the UPC was 1 and on the back of mine is 2... could their PH version be the only one they accept in the store instead of the normal original cover art one? Wow I can't believe it... same game, same art work, no new contents yet was rejected because of the stupid last digit :(

The entire process took 30 minutes :(

Ended up getting 27 dollars instead of 50ish... bah

You can tell them their website says different. They can look it up. They\'ll match it. most likely its already 30 in their system. A good kinda flip is getting borderlands goty at kmarts black ops sale next week for 35. keep the downloadable card and trade in the game for 30. 5 bucks for all the downloable content is good.

[quote name='ploppsdman']I just sent in a few and it took around 3 weeks.[/QUOTE]

for video games?

i might as well send in RDR and SMG2. these have been sitting around since may.

[quote name='ITDEFX']wow just did my first trade in with best buy with this new program.
Out of 14 of the items, only 7 were accepted. Ace Combat 6 which had a trade in of 6 dollars would not be accepted. Checked the web site and it would appear that the last digit of the UPC was 1 and on the back of mine is 2... could their PH version be the only one they accept in the store instead of the normal original cover art one? Wow I can't believe it... same game, same art work, no new contents yet was rejected because of the stupid last digit :(

The entire process took 30 minutes :(

Ended up getting 27 dollars instead of 50ish... bah[/QUOTE]
That's why I check UPC's to make sure I'm bringing them ones with the SAME UPC as the website. Some of the values that bredbu listed a page or two ago may hinge on having the extra items as opposed to just the game anymore, but I know when I did a trade in of three copies of the RE5 Gold Edition for 360 about a month or so ago now they didn't require an unused DLC code for any of them.

But judging by the fact that some say W/ CODE now, I'm assuming they finally caught on to people buying games used to take in that are only worth the added values due to the extra content.

Thus far I haven't seen any of the traded in games at BB for sale, but I HAVE seen ones at TRU in a bin in their game section and the prices for the used games are about 3-4x what they're paying in trade credit.

FYI: If any of you have your B2G1 coupon from GS from the PowerUp conversion of EDGE, you can pick up :ps3::360::wii:DJ Hero for about $12 a copy via the B2G1 and get $29 for each of them. But be sure to double check the UPC's BEFORE buying them, since I don't think GS would 'refund' you the B2G1 coupon. Once it's done, it's done.

Getting the right DJ Hero will be a rare find in itself. That tiv is for the recently released DJ hero standalone. It is $50 new and i doubt you will find someone that buys it and sells back to gamestop this soon. The bundled version will say NOT FOR RESALE on the UPC. That won't work.

One of my local GS stores already has at least one for one of the systems listed as being in stock used. It happens a LOT around here. They literally had 2-4 copies of Enslaved AND Medal Of Honor in stock already within a week of their release.

oh wow. do u think that plan for all the borderlands content for $5 will work? does it say W CODE for borderlands goty? i know that wont work with dragon age tho cuz i heard it is all on disk. but borderlands goty ps3 still has download code sheet in it?

i didnt pay attention bout having to get cod bo from kmart. i already got it preordered at bestbuy with $25g.c. from few months back with another game. i was gonna cancel it but i was dumb and threw away my gift card after it hit 0, so the credit would be lost in the ether. i used a $10 rz cert too, so even if i return the game instore for 57.32, my $5 rzcert for that game is lost. im thinkn i will still do that with the amazon b2g1f tho, i think dragon age is all on disk, so that wont work, but it should work with borderlands goty so like $10 for all the dlc. im lookn at rockband 3 after shipwreck and cheapyd gushed all over it, but idk if i should get drums or keyboard... out of all the games that seems the best selection tho. i would get bfbc2 ultimate but i already have 1943 and the vip so its not really worth 10 for the onslaught pack(lol, i think thats the psn value anyway)

[quote name='Velo214']i didnt pay attention bout having to get cod bo from kmart. i already got it preordered at bestbuy with $25g.c. from few months back with another game. i was gonna cancel it but i was dumb and threw away my gift card after it hit 0, so the credit would be lost in the ether. i used a $10 rz cert too, so even if i return the game instore for 57.32, my $5 rzcert for that game is lost. im thinkn i will still do that with the amazon b2g1f tho, i think dragon age is all on disk, so that wont work, but it should work with borderlands goty so like $10 for all the dlc. im lookn at rockband 3 after shipwreck and cheapyd gushed all over it, but idk if i should get drums or keyboard... out of all the games that seems the best selection tho. i would get bfbc2 ultimate but i already have 1943 and the vip so its not really worth 10 for the onslaught pack(lol, i think thats the psn value anyway)[/QUOTE]

I\'m confused about your bb preorder but you can cancel it and get your 25 dollar gc back. just because you threw away the physical card, means nothing. they will just give you a new one. as far as the reward zone certificate, they can give it back to you if you exchange it for something else in the process. i once bought a $59 dollar game and use $30 of certificates. i exchanged it and at first, i was told i had to pay the $30 of reward certificates i had used. i brought it to their attention and they fixed it or after they hit total, they came off. either way, its not lost. I assume this was done at a store and not online. either way, you\'ll be fine. as far as borderlands goty, it does not say with code. so it should work.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: If any of you have your B2G1 coupon from GS from the PowerUp conversion of EDGE, you can pick up
ps3.gif\"
xbox360.gif\"
wii.gif\"
DJ Hero for about $12 a copy via the B2G1 and get $29 for each of them. But be sure to double check the UPC\'s BEFORE buying them, since I don\'t think GS would \'refund\' you the B2G1 coupon. Once it\'s done, it\'s done.[/QUOTE]

Your math makes no sense to me. Its 27.99 ONLINE PRICE ONLY for those 3, and i assume instore will be more. Minus your 10 discount, i\'m looking at 19 per copy.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Your math makes no sense to me. Its 27.99 ONLINE PRICE ONLY for those 3, and i assume instore will be more. Minus your 10 discount, i\'m looking at 19 per copy.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing $19.99 each, $18 after edge, with B2G1 - $36 total.

never traded in at bestbuy before. do only some stores do trade-ins? also skimming the posts it seems different tiv in store probably due to tiv not being updated.

is it okay if the case is different (i.e. black dvd case not green 360) or maybe I can just bring in a chipped 360 case.

also how are the game versions checked? for example do the goty, ph, or ultimate editions of a game have to be included or just the cover art with the corresponding upc code.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Your math makes no sense to me. Its 27.99 ONLINE PRICE ONLY for those 3, and i assume instore will be more. Minus your 10 discount, i\'m looking at 19 per copy.[/QUOTE]
It's too bad that that $10 off code I have from an order a while ago won't stack with the B2G1F coupon online or I'd gladly order up at least 3 copies from online, but you can't use two codes on one transaction(unless you call in and ask them to apply the second one AFTER you confirm the order;):booty:).

Only problem is I think all three current gen versions of DJ Hero are out of stock online. Besides which I don't want to take a week for them to arrive and have the BB value drop on them in the meantime and lose out, then end up having to return all three to six copies.:cry:
[quote name='Gamer SDP']never traded in at bestbuy before. do only some stores do trade-ins? also skimming the posts it seems different tiv in store probably due to tiv not being updated.

is it okay if the case is different (i.e. black dvd case not green 360) or maybe I can just bring in a chipped 360 case.

also how are the game versions checked? for example do the goty, ph, or ultimate editions of a game have to be included or just the cover art with the corresponding upc code.[/QUOTE]
It probably depends on whether or not you get a fellow gamer or not taking in the trades. If you do, then they may know to check to see if the correct version of the game is in the case or not and/or any included DLC is with it.

I got lucky when I did my trades a while back of the vanilla RE5 in the gold edition coverart for 360, since NONE of them came with the DLC voucher or if they did it was used already.

I have decided. I think I am going to trade in red dead redemption and mario galaxy 2, for the sake of my wallet. Hopefully I can get these in the future again when they are on sale :(

is there like a price list, or do you have to search every game 1 at a time?

would be awesome if there was a list for the ease of searching

[quote name='Velo214']oh wow. do u think that plan for all the borderlands content for $5 will work? does it say W CODE for borderlands goty? i know that wont work with dragon age tho cuz i heard it is all on disk. but borderlands goty ps3 still has download code sheet in it?[/QUOTE]

I traded borderlands goty for 32 at bb yesterday and I already used the code

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One of my local GS stores already has at least one for one of the systems listed as being in stock used. It happens a LOT around here. They literally had 2-4 copies of Enslaved AND Medal Of Honor in stock already within a week of their release.[/QUOTE]

My store had two copies of Fable 3 used in stock this weekend, plus a copy of the 360 CE of SW: TFU 2, with bonus disks, codes, and USB Drive still in it. They got copies of MoH and Fallout: New Vegas the week they came out.

[quote name='themon']is there like a price list, or do you have to search every game 1 at a time?

would be awesome if there was a list for the ease of searching[/QUOTE]
They did have a comprehensive list when they first started the program and it was listed all in one place, but anymore you have to look up every game one at a time.

It's NOT really that hard, as typing in the name of a game takes what 5 seconds?:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They did have a comprehensive list when they first started the program and it was listed all in one place, but anymore you have to look up every game one at a time.

It's NOT really that hard, as typing in the name of a game takes what 5 seconds?:roll:[/QUOTE]

Its not easy when you have hundreds of games, and the list i believe your talking about only had 30 dollar games. if you cant provide any help on someones question, dont say anything. i know that sounds crazy but just dont offer your 2 cents when no one cares

[quote name='themon']Its not easy when you have hundreds of games, and the list i believe your talking about only had 30 dollar games. if you cant provide any help on someones question, dont say anything. i know that sounds crazy but just dont offer your 2 cents when no one cares[/QUOTE]
Just make a MS Word/Notepad document with all your games listed, then cut/paste from that into the search on their site. Note the value and/or start the trade process for ones that match 100%(you also have to make sure your UPC matches the one on their site or they may disqualify it AND want you to pay to ship it back), then rinse and repeat for the rest.

Anything older than 6 months that isn't a major series or 'brand name'(aka Mario anything, etc)should be entered in LAST, as they're probably worth bupkiss.

That better?:razz:

But if you're hoping someone will compile a list FOR you of all the values, then you're SOL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']One of my local GS stores already has at least one for one of the systems listed as being in stock used. It happens a LOT around here. They literally had 2-4 copies of Enslaved AND Medal Of Honor in stock already within a week of their release.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying, but in all likelyhood they have listed the "not for resale" version in stock since that is in high circulation. Finding 3 of the newer ones with UPCs will be tough especially considering the bundle version of dj hero 1 has been on sale cheaper.

Some of those 'not for sale' versions simply have a sticker plastered over the UPC on the back of the box sometimes and all it takes is a little perserverance to get the sticker off of the UPC.;)

That's how the game/controller bundles worked last year. The controllers had a sticker over the UPC on the package, as did the games.

I was wondering if anyone has tried trading in Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate? It does not say w/codes so I am trying to figure out why they would give $30 for this. It is basically the game + codes for the VIP,Battlefield 1943 and Onslaught. Without the codes it is nothing more than BBC2 original which they are offering $10 for. I only paid $15 from Amazon with a GC so I might have to trade this for the $30 since I have all the codes now. I can pick it up used cheap later on.

I'm sure the answer is no but I'm going to ask anyways. I traded in some games this morning in-store but just realized I could have gotten more at Gamestop. Is there a way to get my games back? I doubt it but figured I would ask.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm sure the answer is no but I'm going to ask anyways. I traded in some games this morning in-store but just realized I could have gotten more at Gamestop. Is there a way to get my games back? I doubt it but figured I would ask.[/QUOTE]
If it was online (through the mail) and you have not sent them yet, you can cancel your trade.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I wan tot trade m MW2 in for gift card but I heard for in store trade in, they require a best buy receipt, is it true?[/QUOTE]

Whoever told you this....take him out for a few drinks, slap him around, steal his car keys, drive his car into a lake.

They do ask for your ID and input just about everything on it into the computer - including hair color. I asked why they did that, girl didn't really know but it seems excessive.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I wan tot trade m MW2 in for gift card but I heard for in store trade in, they require a best buy receipt, is it true?[/QUOTE]
Not on games. On electronics, like cameras, ipod/mp3, mobile phones, it's most definitely true. I had an old Sony Ericsson W810i unlocked phone sitting here that I haven't used in over 2 years, and I decided to look it up for the fuck of it. Tried to do the in-store trade option, but when going through the process on the site, it clearly says a BB receipt is needed for that type of item for it to be accepted in-store. They'll take it if you send it in, even without a BB receipt, because it's a different process than the in-store trades. And really, I'll take a $30 gift card for a dust-collecting mobile. (Side note - that phone was the shit in it's day. Best phone on the market at the time...small, loaded with functions, and a damn good MP3 player.)

[quote name='Japakneez']omg :rofl:

This is the first time we have heard of this. A few people here have done in store trades and online trades recently. No issues like this have popped up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just read that too. I'm betting it's that store in particular. I've watched people trade games in with no receipt at a BB locally without a problem (here in PA).

wtf???

"To clarify your concern, our retail trade-in program "requires the product to have originally be purchased at Best Buy and present the Best Buy purchase receipt." "

that is insanity.

[quote name='confoosious']wtf???

"To clarify your concern, our retail trade-in program "requires the product to have originally be purchased at Best Buy and present the Best Buy purchase receipt." "

that is insanity.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. I tried trading in CoD: MW2 for $30 store credit in-store and the guy asked for my receipt. He even showed me that the computer was asking him for the receipt number before he could proceed with the trade in.

[quote name='Donut2922']Confirmed. I tried trading in CoD: MW2 for $30 store credit in-store and the guy asked for my receipt. He even showed me that the computer was asking him for the receipt number before he could proceed with the trade in.[/QUOTE]

I traded in Mafia 2(bought at best buy) and MW2(bought at Toys r us) today and was not asked for receipts. Just ID/License plane #, was in and out the door in 15 min. with a $60 GC.

I went to the Best Buy in Chula Vista, CA as the one in El Cajon does not do trade ins.

bread's done
Back