BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snake2715']only up to three times per account now.. the limit is back up to 250 per session, but the maximum is only 3 per account![/QUOTE]

I'm not saying you're crazy, but I just cleared my cache, pulled up the terms and conditions, and also went so far as to almost purchase an item... everything still shows 12 times per account.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I'm not saying you're crazy, but I just cleared my cache, pulled up the terms and conditions, and also went so far as to almost purchase an item... everything still shows 12 times per account.[/QUOTE]

Got it This is what it just showed me!

[quote name='Snake2715']Got it This is what it just showed me!
[/QUOTE]

I simply don't see that on my browsers... I actually went ahead and booted up both Google Chrome and IE, and both still show 12 transactions... strange.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Wii now comes up with 25% cashback.

If you do a Blu Ray search, it still comes up with 30% cashback.

Wish I knew that before I preordered LEFT 4 DEAD ($38 with cashback), but it's still all good.[/quote]

I tried Blu Ray, but I still got "only" 25%.

I used to just type a number like "1" and I always got 30%. Now it has definitely dropped to 25%.

Weird, I see 30% if i search xbox, 25% if i search wii. Maybe they are chaning the way it handles certain items.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Weird, I see 30% if i search xbox, 25% if i search wii. Maybe they are chaning the way it handles certain items.[/quote]

You are right :applause:!!!

"Xbox" still gets 30%

yes and zen creative 16gb gets the 30%.

I suspect this is changing right now. so get those orders in.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck. I just went to go buy a mobo, and now it's 25% off. fuck.

EDIT: Do this:

1. Do a LIVE search until the 30% cashback option pops up for eBay.
2. Click on the eBay link. Then, search for the actual item you want to buy. Example: Use ASUS Computer in LIVE search to get the 30% off link through eBay. Go into eBay and change the search to something else, like, ASUS motherboard.
3. Make your purchase as usual. Congratulations, you still get 30% off.

Piece of crap! I just went through the whole Live process and bought some speakers, but it doesn't look like I'm getting a discount. I was seeing the 30% off banner but it went away on the order confirmation page (which I accidentally clicked, thinking I had another click to go) then came back afterwards. Must be down to 3 for me. Good thing I only bought a $50 set of speakers instead of that laptop I was looking at. The terms still say 12 times for me though, so if they switched it to 3 without warning then that's BS.

[quote name='Archon29']Piece of crap! I just went through the whole Live process and bought some speakers, but it doesn't look like I'm getting a discount. I was seeing the 30% off banner but it went away on the order confirmation page (which I accidentally clicked, thinking I had another click to go) then came back afterwards. Must be down to 3 for me. Good thing I only bought a $50 set of speakers instead of that laptop I was looking at. The terms still say 12 times for me though, so if they switched it to 3 without warning then that's BS.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, if a buyer is above three, then up to 12 uses is still honored by MS.

I am already at around 6 or 7, and I can still get the discounts on the very last page.

[quote name='opportunity777']Maybe, if a buyer is above three, then up to 12 uses is still honored by MS.

I am already at around 6 or 7, and I can still get the discounts on the very last page.[/quote]This was my 4th purchase. Well, if it doesn't show up then I'm complaining to MS. Looks like they have a channel open for disputes. If they had updated their policy then the mistake would have been on me, but I just refreshed the terms and it still says 12.

[quote name='opportunity777']fuck. I just went to go buy a mobo, and now it's 25% off. fuck.

EDIT: Do this:

1. Do a LIVE search until the 30% cashback option pops up for eBay.
2. Click on the eBay link. Then, search for the actual item you want to buy. Example: Use ASUS Computer in LIVE search to get the 30% off link through eBay. Go into eBay and change the search to something else, like, ASUS motherboard.
3. Make your purchase as usual. Congratulations, you still get 30% off.[/quote]

Thanks for that tip. It came up as 25% as well, but I searched a few more times and got it back to 30%. Awesome advice!! :applause:

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I searched Xbox 360 and Wii and I'm seeing 25% now.[/QUOTE]

The LIVE search "creative soundcard" returns 30%. Follow my directions and get the item you want.

Use it or lose it :p

So to my understanding of the terms and conditions of this promotion, I should be able to buy an item with the cashback offer and then turn around and sell it on ebay myself and I would still receive the cashback for my original purchase 60-75 days later. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks
EDIT: Also if I use the cashback link more than once (different sessions) will it still work if I buy from the same person as a previous cashback purchase?

[quote name='Tribrow']So to my understanding of the terms and conditions of this promotion, I should be able to buy an item with the cashback offer and then turn around and sell it on ebay myself and I would still receive the cashback for my original purchase 60-75 days later. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks
EDIT: Also if I use the cashback link more than once (different sessions) will it still work if I buy from the same person as a previous cashback purchase?[/QUOTE]

I guess you could do that, but you will have to lever for 60-75 days, pay off the bill with reserve cash or hope you sell the item fast. Also, most BIN items are more expensive than auctions, so you may pay above market value for items. Also, you can pretty much throw 15% in the toilet for eBay fees. This promotion works best for people NOT looking for a profit, but do as you wish. Also, 30% off is dead. Right now, you can only get 25% off.

You can buy from the same person and receive a different cashback bonus.

Nice just got a guitar hero bundle in last night saved 66 on it cost me 154 in the end. I am so stupid though cause I was being cautious what I used it on thinking the maximum is 200, but thats 200 per item. Im so stupid.

[quote name='rarebucky']Any chance this goes back to 30%?[/QUOTE]

I'm reigning in my remaining purchase until we see 30% again. I only have so many bullets left to fire, so I want to make it worthwhile.

I'm so glad I got in on this a few days ago for the 30%. I was planning on spending more, so this is actually a good thing for me.

[quote name='adawg555']I left the search window open overnight with a 30% link on it, clicked it, and it still gives me 30% today. Hooray for me![/quote]
Don't still have the link address do you?
If that would even work...

[quote name='dallow']Don't still have the link address do you?
If that would even work...[/quote]

It won't work. This little trick came in handy back when LIVE had the 35% off. People who left their browsers open were still able to access it by opening a new tab/window days after the offer was over.

I just spent the last little bit trying to get a paypal 10% off coupon to work before I figured out that ebay had to explicitly give it to me, and that requires having the "receive coupons" or whatever box checked. Lame.

[quote name='crewj']i guess i'm glad i've maxed out my 12 uses. man... i was making some crazy purchases.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I preordered a bunch of games (SAINTS ROW 2, FAR CRY 2, FALLOUT and LEFT 4 DEAD) and, after cashback, will end up paying on average about $39 each, and that includes shipping in the couple of cases where I had to pay for it. (I went with sellers with high feedback).

Already got SAINTS ROW and should have cashback by Christmas on them all :)

[quote name='Archon29']Piece of crap! I just went through the whole Live process and bought some speakers, but it doesn't look like I'm getting a discount. I was seeing the 30% off banner but it went away on the order confirmation page (which I accidentally clicked, thinking I had another click to go) then came back afterwards. Must be down to 3 for me. Good thing I only bought a $50 set of speakers instead of that laptop I was looking at. The terms still say 12 times for me though, so if they switched it to 3 without warning then that's BS.[/quote]Update: I just got an e-mail from Microsoft saying I earned $0.00 cash back on my purchase. What the heck?

[quote name='Archon29']Update: I just got an e-mail from Microsoft saying I earned $0.00 cash back on my purchase. What the heck?[/quote]

That's nuts -- you definitely need to contact MS support on that one.

Ok, just did this for the first time and I'm a bit nervous.

First of all, I got the message saying I've earned the cash back ($30 off a DS Lite for my son for X-mas). But when I click on the get cash button and sign in, it says $0 for total cash back. Is this where I need to wait the 60 days for this to show up?

Also, I'm a total ebay noob. Just linked my pay pal account to my checking account for this. I paid for the DS and got a receipt from Pay Pal confirming I paid the seller. But then I got an email from the seller saying:

please cancel your payment and make payment of 120.00 at (email address) a direct payment, i am not waiting 21 days for payment and there seems to be an error.. please cancel previous payment thank you.

He says there's a 21 day hold on my payment. What's going on?

For the cash back, it will show up in a day or two. As far as your payment problem goes. If you didn't have any money in your paypal account when you paid, but it was linked from your checking account. Then the payment will probably have been reversed and a hold was placed on that transaction until funds from your checking account are transferred. This is all based on what happened to me a few weeks ago. If you don't have the same status on that payment, then you should probably contact paypal for further information.

[quote name='Birbo']Ok, just did this for the first time and I'm a bit nervous.

First of all, I got the message saying I've earned the cash back ($30 off a DS Lite for my son for X-mas). But when I click on the get cash button and sign in, it says $0 for total cash back. Is this where I need to wait the 60 days for this to show up?

Also, I'm a total ebay noob. Just linked my pay pal account to my checking account for this. I paid for the DS and got a receipt from Pay Pal confirming I paid the seller. But then I got an email from the seller saying:

please cancel your payment and make payment of 120.00 at (email address) a direct payment, i am not waiting 21 days for payment and there seems to be an error.. please cancel previous payment thank you.

He says there's a 21 day hold on my payment. What's going on?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I have no idea, but I think for Ebay sellers they have to wait 21 days to in order to get their money. I think the seller is trying to circumvent the system Ebay has in place by getting you to cancel the order then re-submitting your order so he gets access to the cash instantly. I'm not sure what to tell you though, I don't think you're suppose to do that.

[quote name='Wario64']Hmm, I have no idea, but I think for Ebay sellers they have to wait 21 days to in order to get their money. I think the seller is trying to circumvent the system Ebay has in place by getting you to cancel the order then re-submitting your order so he gets access to the cash instantly. I'm not sure what to tell you though, I don't think you're suppose to do that.[/quote]

No, that's not right. I've sold plenty of stuff on eBay and I got the payment through PayPal immediately. I'm not certain but I'd guess the delay is b/c he just set up his account and PayPal hasn't confirmed his account, address, etc. My advice would be to go back to the PayPal site and see if there's something you can do (i.e. confirm your account in some way) to speed things along. Otherwise he'll just have to negotiate with the seller on this one!

[quote name='koji126']For the cash back, it will show up in a day or two. As far as your payment problem goes. If you didn't have any money in your paypal account when you paid, but it was linked from your checking account. Then the payment will probably have been reversed and a hold was placed on that transaction until funds from your checking account are transferred. This is all based on what happened to me a few weeks ago. If you don't have the same status on that payment, then you should probably contact paypal for further information.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the funds need to get transferred into my pay pal from the linked checking account. So that's what the hold is about? Do I just tell him to sit tight?

[quote name='dfo']No, that's not right. I've sold plenty of stuff on eBay and I got the payment through PayPal immediately. I'm not certain but I'd guess the delay is b/c he just set up his account and PayPal hasn't confirmed his account, address, etc. My advice would be to go back to the PayPal site and see if there's something you can do (i.e. confirm your account in some way) to speed things along. Otherwise he'll just have to negotiate with the seller on this one![/QUOTE]

I've had a Pay Pal account for some time now, but just linked it to my checking a few days ago. My account is verified and I was sent a receipt from Pay Pal saying the payment went through.

[quote name='Birbo']Yeah, the funds need to get transferred into my pay pal from the linked checking account. So that's what the hold is about? Do I just tell him to sit tight?[/QUOTE]

If it is exactly as I said and it was reversed, then the funds are only being transferred from your checking account to your paypal. It will not be sent to the seller. For my listing, I had to go back in and re-buy it. But again, you should check with paypal before doing anything. It's pretty quick if you call in to ask questions.

[quote name='Birbo']I've had a Pay Pal account for some time now, but just linked it to my checking a few days ago. My account is verified and I was sent a receipt from Pay Pal saying the payment went through.[/QUOTE]

So you may want to read this, it has to do with the 21 day hold you were talking about. It is a totally different problem than I had experienced:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments

Uh oh, I waited too long. I only bought ink and am expecting $4.20 back during the 30% back promo period... I was planning on getting other things but now I'm not so enticed since I've been spoiled. Maybe it'll go back up again; I can wait.

And I need to set up my Live account still, for a purchase made 2 days ago.

bread's done
Back