Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

definitely an addictive game. sitting at lvl 28 in the rust commons east just doing every single quest possible on first play through w/ a friend. just mostly f'n around exploring, quests then finally progressing the story.

sadly no legendary weapons or alien tech yet...blarg.

anyone have any tips on how to kill
that flying rakk boss when u come back to the starter area who shoots down fireballs on you?
killed him in 2 player co-op but there was a lot of running in circles and the method took forever. there had to be an easier way. Just wondering for my second playthrough or hunter that im lvln.

[quote name='naiku']definitely an addictive game. sitting at lvl 28 in the rust commons east just doing every single quest possible on first play through w/ a friend. just mostly f'n around exploring, quests then finally progressing the story.

sadly no legendary weapons or alien tech yet...blarg.

anyone have any tips on how to kill
that flying rakk boss when u come back to the starter area who shoots down fireballs on you?
killed him in 2 player co-op but there was a lot of running in circles and the method took forever. there had to be an easier way. Just wondering for my second playthrough or hunter that im lvln.[/QUOTE]
Easiest way to do it is go where the arena doors are. Have 1 player sit there and snipe to pull the bird, have the other player in the turret of a vehicle. The bird for whatever reason never attacks the person in the car.

I don't know if it's the best strategy, but you can get a rocket launcher vehicle and shoot him with its unlimited rockets.

EDIT: Ah, beaten to it.

Darktower and I played this for about 3 hours last night. I leveled up to 22 and he made it to 20. 2 levels in 3 hours. Anyways, still a blast and I love being a medic. I find it funny as hell when people freak out when I shoot them to heal them. I went with a Medic Soldier and I Like it alot really. I love this game alot and the Co-Op makes it even more fun! Anybody wanna join me feel free to add me. I'm on almost every night playing this now.

I just got to Level 31, and got 3 more achievements this morning. The game's difficulty just spiked like crazy at
Old Haven
. I mean...damn.

I still need some co-op help if there are people interested. Especially when it comes to Playthrough 2, because I feel like I'm close to getting there despite needing to face
3 more bosses
to finish the game.

Just hit level 11 and got my first purple from killing a boss. VERY addictive. If anyone wants to group, send me a message, I should be on all afternoon.

So has anyone started working on a new character yet? My Siren is at level 40 right now and I feel once I reach 50 that I may move to Berserker or Soldier.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just got to Level 31, and got 3 more achievements this morning. The game's difficulty just spiked like crazy at
Old Haven
. I mean...damn.

I still need some co-op help if there are people interested. Especially when it comes to Playthrough 2, because I feel like I'm close to getting there despite needing to face
3 more bosses
to finish the game.[/QUOTE]

We reached the same place last night and were barely surviving, the difficult did spike.
I have pulled 2 nights playing till the sun came up, my woman thinks I've lost my mind... but it's sooo addicting, I haven't felt like this playing a game in a long time. Last night our group must have spent the first hour comparing our guns and swapping out with each other, I love it! Pretty much have all purple gear at this point, hit level 31 and almost at level 32. And yes I do work 40+ hours a week, so I'm sure this will catch up with me - hehe.

i am currently (right this second) doing the "tape the trigger down while in the vehicle" trick to get the shots fired challenge thingy. I wish you could turn rumble off though.

[quote name='bardockkun']So has anyone started working on a new character yet? My Siren is at level 40 right now and I feel once I reach 50 that I may move to Berserker or Soldier.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my Sniper is level 46 and I started a Soldier. He's really good.

Lvl 28 Hunter, I need some trust worthy guys/gals to play with. Tip: if you need cash, go to New Haven on single player and find the 5 weapon boxes. Then go sell at the vendor, then exit, and repeat, I have gotten 2,200,000+ bucks off doing this for about 45 min, you can even find some alien weapons!

[quote name='Malik112099']i am currently (right this second) doing the "tape the trigger down while in the vehicle" trick to get the shots fired challenge thingy. I wish you could turn rumble off though.[/QUOTE]

I think there's a dash setting "Personal Settings" or something like that where you can disable rumble globally.

A heads-up for anyone who has "Another Piece of the Puzzle" (It's the quest that sends you to the
Trash place to destroy a Rakk Hive, cant remember the exact name
)but hasn't cashed it in yet:
Activate the quest, and go to New Haven. Just south of Zed's, there is a small blue building. Walk up to the door, and it should open with a platform lift that will bring you down to a basement with a few enemies. You'll find some weapons, and one of them will be the Rider. Stats seem pretty meh, but it is the only place you can find it. The door will be locked once you turn the quest in.

Power leveling is insane in this game. Friends jumping in with me at level 40 are getting to 20 within like 2 hours.

Just a quick question: So far I've found three orange legendary items. Two of the names are almost yellow orange, and the other is dark orange. I was wondering if there is any difference between the two colors - rarity wise? I also found an alien sniper rifle, but it seems kind of "meh".

[quote name='bardockkun']So has anyone started working on a new character yet? My Siren is at level 40 right now and I feel once I reach 50 that I may move to Berserker or Soldier.[/QUOTE]Is fifty max level?

I'm loving my siren. She just hit eighteen or nineteen this evening. With static on her phasewalk, a fire elemental weapon and corrosive melee, she's doing some very nice damage.

[quote name='guinaevere']Is fifty max level?

I'm loving my siren. She just hit eighteen or nineteen this evening. With static on her phasewalk, a fire elemental weapon and corrosive melee, she's doing some very nice damage.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fifty is the cap at the moment.

I just beat the game. About the part after the final boss:

Um...what?

I guess I'll start Playthrough 2 tomorrow or the day after, but I'm going to get the Action Skill Achievements first.

Oh yeah, sorry for not mentioning wireless controllers going off. I plugged in a wired controller to get around that. You could also wiggle the analog stick intermittently while reading, watching TV, or something.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just beat the game. About the part after the final boss:

Um...what?

I guess I'll start Playthrough 2 tomorrow or the day after, but I'm going to get the Action Skill Achievements first.[/QUOTE]
To be fair
I remember barely any of the story. The wikipedia to each character's bio gave more info then the game. Though yeah, shooting things in the face is my prime memory of the game anyways.

Have fun on playthrough 2 though.

I played quite a bit this weekend solo and with some CAGers. This is the most fun I've had playing a game this generation. I hope Borderlands gets some GOTY consideration, because Gearbox definitely deserves it for putting together this incredibly fun and addicting game.

If anyone is building a hunter, I suggest working on the bloodwing tree until you whether to go gunslinger or sniper. The last skill under that tree (the one that increases the number of targets bloodwing attacks) is very helpful. At level 31, mine will attack 6 people for about 1500-2000 damage each.

Right now my Hunter is set up as an "Assassin", or semi-melee hunter :whistle2:#. Its kind of weird, and different, considering I get owned pretty fast, especially by other melee, lol. However, lethal strikes are great - I often melee for 6-7k non-crit, at 30.

I'm also up for some co-op. So far I've only played solo, as none of my friends have bought Borderlands yet:cold:. My gamertag is Tillawen (xbox 360). Right now, I only have a 30 hunter, but will make different classes to co-op as needed. I should be on later, so if anyone wants to do some co-op, hit me up. Also, I'm just getting into Old Haven now with my hunter, and could use some help :booty:; the monsters seem really resistant to my odd Hunter melee attacks.

Well I just exchanged my Brutal Legend placeholder for this at TRU on my lunch break. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about when I get off work!

Is there a consensus as to what character works best in single player? I typically prefer sniping to short range or whatnot, but don't want to have my ass handed to me if it's not balanced.

Roland (Soldier) is the most self-sufficient (according to the giantbomb video review/quicklook); I'm at L15 with Lilith (Siren) and enjoying it considerably - anyone can use any weapon, so sniping is always an option.
I'm hoping for DLC to add a class or two someday - preferably a playable Claptrap!

[quote name='eastx']Oh yeah, sorry for not mentioning wireless controllers going off. I plugged in a wired controller to get around that. You could also wiggle the analog stick intermittently while reading, watching TV, or something.[/QUOTE]

damn..i dont have any wired controllers..i am going to try taping one of the sticks down too

Had fun leveling up last night with Moojuiced, WRXKayaker and Maxim2boobies. I know moojuiceds name but wasn't sure about WRX and Maxim. None the less, had a BLAST and got up to 28. Pretty weird having two Medic Soldiers but awesome none the less. I love when people freak out when I shoot them to heal. All in all how ever, great game....it does deserve GOTY.

Hope I might be able to get this by the end of the year. Definitely can't right now and that is a real bummer.

Is it worth playing alone? I have two friends that might pick it up later on, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Hope I might be able to get this by the end of the year. Definitely can't right now and that is a real bummer.

Is it worth playing alone? I have two friends that might pick it up later on, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a worthy buy, even if you're stuck playing alone. So far, I've only played Solo, and I've still managed to have plenty of fun. Hopefully I'll end up getting an invite to co-op with some people here tonight, but otherwise solo the game is still amazing :bouncy:. Thankfully, you can reset your skills in-game, so I've been trying different skill combos as hunter to keep things interesting.

[quote name='Malik112099']damn..i dont have any wired controllers..i am going to try taping one of the sticks down too[/QUOTE]

What achievement is this for? I looked at the list and didn't see anything pertaining to a certain amount of bullets fired.

[quote name='homeland']What achievement is this for? I looked at the list and didn't see anything pertaining to a certain amount of bullets fired.[/QUOTE]

Its actually for an in-game challenge. These reward you with experience, rather than an achievement for gamer points. If you open up your Mission Log, and push Y, it will display the different challenges and how much experience they are worth.

I cannot figure out how to get the "There's No "I" in Team" achievement. I'm guessing it has to be 15 co-op missions in a single session, because I haven't gotten it yet despite doing about 30-40 missions in co-op.

Of course, finding a good game TO GET 15 straight co-op missions done is another thing entirely.

ok..taping down a stick doesnt work either...i got the vehicle with the machine gun and taped down both triggers (double the shots for the same amount of time) and have been touching one of the sticks every 5 minutes or so...working like a champ!

Got the game finally in the mail, woo! Stuck on taking down Bone Head but overall I'm having fun playing as a soldier. I love the art style, its just like living in crackdown after the city were destroyed.^^

How does coop work in this? If I join somebody elses game Im not going to be able to continue my story just gain loot and experience right? I wouldnt really want to be going through the same missions twice if I was just playing on and off with some random people.

If your near or further ahead in the story then the host, your story will continue if you haven't already done the mission. Once you get to new missions you will advance your story. Even when your behind you will get credit for the missions you do(I am 99% sure of this).

[quote name='Malik112099']ok..taping down a stick doesnt work either...i got the vehicle with the machine gun and taped down both triggers (double the shots for the same amount of time) and have been touching one of the sticks every 5 minutes or so...working like a champ![/QUOTE]

Just level up normally. 20,000 experience isn't that much anyways.

Man the hype from this game has me thinking I can skip Modern Warfare 2 for this instead...I'm not sure if I want to play two shooters at once.

[quote name='ZForce915']Man the hype from this game has me thinking I can skip Modern Warfare 2 for this instead...I'm not sure if I want to play two shooters at once.[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn't call this a shooter to compete with MW2.

I think its worth getting both, even if they are both shooters. MW2 is great for multiplayer, team deathmatch etc., and borderlands is great for either single player, or co-op. Like reddjoey said, it don't think the two games compete with one another other than the fact that they both contain guns. Its really is hard to compare them, since they're geared towards different things - multiplayer vs. co-op/single player (Unless you just want MW2 for the campaign...)

[quote name='coma8']Can you play split screen? If so, with how many players at once?[/QUOTE]

2, however the menus (inventory, skills, etc.) remain the same size as if you were playing by yourself, so you kind of have to scroll them like the PS3 browser.

[quote name='Trakan']Just level up normally. 20,000 experience isn't that much anyways.[/QUOTE]

I have no time to play during my work week so I just do this for shits and giggles. Also, I am basically skipping level 19 in the process.

bread's done
Back