Borderlands Discussion Thread - Game of the Year Edition Available Now!

[quote name='cgarb84']Ok so I finally had time to play this some more and got to the final boss..... and it kicked my ass. Any tips for beating this big bastard?[/QUOTE]
Be a sniper and just blast his eye. The last boss was a joke.

[quote name='Jodou']Be a sniper and just blast his eye. The last boss was a joke.[/QUOTE]

Is there a good way to do that while still avoiding his rocket attack? Those things just repeatedly nailed me while i was trying to shoot his eye.

[quote name='cgarb84']Is there a good way to do that while still avoiding his rocket attack? Those things just repeatedly nailed me while i was trying to shoot his eye.[/QUOTE]
Really? I just crouched near a tower and shot him til it was dead. Maybe I accidentally found a safe spot?

Ok nevermind I just beat it without any trouble. The thing I was shooting at that I thought was his eye actually was not. So once I found what his eye was I didn't have any trouble. It also helped when I would shoot his tentacles off so he couldn't shoot rockets at me.

Anyone know if the DLC is ever going to be released for the PC version? Starting to think I should have gotten this one on the console.

Has anyone tried the Borderlands PC Configuration Editor? It's a convenient way to turn off the intro videos, show FPS, and more.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

BTW I just played the PC version for the first time. The menus being optimized for controller instead of mouse sucks. The graphics are beautiful though! Can't wait for the semester to end so I can start playing more.

[quote name='eastx']Has anyone tried the Borderlands PC Configuration Editor? It's a convenient way to turn off the intro videos, show FPS, and more.[/QUOTE]
Best way to turn off intro movies? Delete the damn files.

[quote name='Gshocker']Anyone know if the DLC is ever going to be released for the PC version? Starting to think I should have gotten this one on the console.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. They need to release this for PC while the game is still semi-relevant instead of coming out with it late next year when nobody is playing this anymore.

[quote name='SEH']Seriously. They need to release this for PC while the game is still semi-relevant instead of coming out with it late next year when nobody is playing this anymore.[/QUOTE]
Oh don't worry, it's already to that point.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh don't worry, it's already to that point.[/QUOTE]

It's in the top 25 played games on both X-fire and Steam. So it's not already to that point.

Ten fucking dollars for more shitty port content?! ROFL, enjoy people pirating the hell out of that. I already overpaid for this game by $30.

Just so I'm not completely biased, here's the link for you steam consumers. DRM comes free of charge!

I don't see the big deal about it being $10, I mean this was known already. Its like 6 more hours of content, its not like its some 20 minute quest and then you're done. Why shouldn't they charge for something they spent time working on? I'm a hardcore PC gamer through and through, but I'm really sick of this entitled attitude a lot of PC gamers have where they think all DLC should just be given to them free.

I will however bitch about the DLC coming with SecuRom, even through Steam. The Steam version of the full game doesn't have SecuRom, why in the hell would the DLC?

[quote name='SEH']I don't see the big deal about it being $10, I mean this was known already. Its like 6 more hours of content, its not like its some 20 minute quest and then you're done. Why shouldn't they charge for something they spent time working on? I'm a hardcore PC gamer through and through, but I'm really sick of this entitled attitude a lot of PC gamers have where they think all DLC should just be given to them free.

I will however bitch about the DLC coming with SecuRom, even through Steam. The Steam version of the full game doesn't have SecuRom, why in the hell would the DLC?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I don't mind paying the $10 as I really enjoy the Borderlands gameplay and don't mind paying for some more of it.

But yes, why the hell is there SecuRom on the Steam DLC?

Well it's not only the fact of the payed DLC, I don't mind that stand alone. It's the whole situation put together of the game definitely being a port even though we were told that the PC experience would be first and foremost, the DLC arriving 2 weeks later than consoles, the SecuROM etc.

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually considering getting this, and probably wouldn't have noticed the DRM until it was too late. Way to screw over existing customers Gearbox/2k.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Well it's not only the fact of the payed DLC, I don't mind that stand alone. It's the whole situation put together of the game definitely being a port even though we were told that the PC experience would be first and foremost, the DLC arriving 2 weeks later than consoles, the SecuROM etc.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It does leave a bad taste in the mouth. I'm actually pretty pissed at Gearbox over all this. Randy Pitchford straight up lied to us when he said that the PC version was going to be a priority when it obviously wasn't.

I was going to buy the DLC, but not anymore after seeing that SecuRom is included (even in the Steam version! Why??) and remembering the crap PC gamers had to suffer through (later release date for no reason, delayed DLC, broken online, bad interface, etc). It's just disappointing and it makes Gearbox a harder company to support.

Lol, I don't know why they even bothered with DRM. It's not like you have to authenticate your copy when playing online and many of my friends just played a pirated copy online for a week, then quit. Not to mention the fact that the host has to drop their firewall just so other people can play in the same game. That's pro incompetence for PC developers right there.

I finished this game the other night as the Sniper class. By the end I felt like it was more of a "grind" than most other games I put the time in to finish. To me it is one of those games that is slightly above average in about every category, but it just isn't great at anything either.

Even the number of guns got boring after a while. I know this has said before, but I would have rather been able to upgrade a couple of hundred guns than have a million guns that cannot be upgraded. Then the types of loot would have been more varied, and I would have gotten more attached to a gun.

One other comment is PLEASE for Borderlands 2 can we just assume if I run over money/ammunition that game assume I want to pick it up.

I'll stop with the negatives now. I will say it was well worth the $35 I paid for it on release date. It just isn't as great of value as some other games at or below that price.

I would of been the first to pony up $10 for this if it wasn't for the DRM. It seems there isn't a way to revoke the install either so after 5 clean installs of windows your locked out of a product you paid for. I mean come on the retail DVD version of the game only had a disc check why screw legit customers on the DLC after the fact? I think I'll pass.

And PC gamers get put off AGAIN!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1053946p1.html

December 10, 2009 - Had enough of The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned? Well today 2K Games let everyone know that the next slab of downloadable content for Gearbox's Borderlands will be available soon. Called Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, the new pack will cost 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network. It'll be made available on December 29th for Xbox 360 users, and on January 7th, 2010 for PlayStation players. PC gamers will also get it eventually, but no pricing or date was given.

We haven't yet seen the content, but it seems this time it'll add in three arenas where you and friends can fire bullets at "Pandora's baddest enemies" (that's from the press release). It'll also add a bank feature, something players are sure to appreciate, and give people the opportunity to earn two more skill points for their characters.

[quote name='powersurge']I would of been the first to pony up $10 for this if it wasn't for the DRM. It seems there isn't a way to revoke the install either so after 5 clean installs of windows your locked out of a product you paid for. I mean come on the retail DVD version of the game only had a disc check why screw legit customers on the DLC after the fact? I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

This was Steam supports reply to my message about the DRM:

The SecuROM check will allow you to install the game on up to 5 computers an unlimited amount of times.
So yeah, you can install an unlimited amount of times, you just cant have it on more than five machines at once.

Here is the revoke tool:
https://support.securom.com/pop_borderlands.html

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']And PC gamers get put off AGAIN!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1053946p1.html[/QUOTE]

Meh, this was to be expected. It doesn't really bother me at all, as long as they get it out relatively close to the console release, much like they did the the Zombie Island DLC. If they keep new content like this coming along steadily, I'll be pleased.

So I assume the revoke tool works if you purchase the DLC from the gearbox store (I have the retail DVD version of the game)? I'll have to seriously think about it considering what a mess this has been between the DLC's DRM and the issue with Co Op.

The revoke tool should work for both the Steam and retail versions of the DLC. It'll for sure work for the retail release.

How this game is a candidate for GOTY on XPlay is beyond me, especially when Batman wasn't included on the list. Oh well, not like it will win in any category anyways.

[quote name='Jodou']How this game is a candidate for GOTY on XPlay is beyond me, especially when Batman wasn't included on the list. Oh well, not like it will win in any category anyways.[/QUOTE]

We get it dude, you hate the game/find it boring/think its stale. Please move on.

I started a GameFly account and this was my first choice. Started (on PS3, gross, I know) around 3pm yesterday and played split screen till 3am. Fairly fun game, super addictive... more addictive than it is fun, exactly like the MMOs that it takes inspiration from. It's definitely got a sizable share of flaws, but it's still damn addictive. Feels like Gears of War + World of Warcraft. Like all console FPSs, the controls suck... when I send it back in to GameFly I'm gonna buy the PC version.

[quote name='Jodou']How this game is a candidate for GOTY on XPlay is beyond me, especially when Batman wasn't included on the list. Oh well, not like it will win in any category anyways.[/QUOTE]

Batman is a piece of shit game. Linear as hell, an interactive movie. Great presentation, that's it.

I have deduced from your post that you do not like video games. You like movies. Please stop playing video games and watch more movies. Thank you.

[quote name='Lokki']So 5 people pitch in for 1 copy of the DLC.. $2 per person.....[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work like that. I just tried giving my DLC key to my friend and it wont let him activate with it, says its invalid. It would've been nice though.

[quote name='Koggit']I have deduced from your post that you do not like video games. You like movies. Please stop playing video games and watch more movies. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Lol, I'll let you know when you're qualified to pass judgment on me.

[quote name='SEH']Doesn't work like that. I just tried giving my DLC key to my friend and it wont let him activate with it, says its invalid. It would've been nice though.[/QUOTE]

Are you both on the same version (i.e both have retail/steam.)?

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']And PC gamers get put off AGAIN!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1053946p1.html[/QUOTE]

I don't support any developer and/or publisher that play games with release dates to please one fan base over another. This is part of the reason why I stopped buying PC games all together years ago. If it's not free through promotion and/or a gift, it won't be in my collection and gameplay rotation and I am more than fine with it.

I'll watch the herd jump, skip, bark and pay for games (that may or may not be finished, glitched and bugged) though just for giggles :lol:

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, I'll let you know when you're qualified to pass judgment on me.[/QUOTE]

He's already passed judgment on you so he doesn't need retroactive certification, lol

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Wow, they're charging $10 for this one? That looks like $5 material to me.[/quote]

It's normal for DLC like this to be priced at the 10 dollar mark for about 4-6 hours of gameplay. Fallout 3's expansions came out at the same price (800 MS points)

Jodou does need to shut up already. 99% of his posts in this thread are trolling.

[quote name='Megazell']
I'll watch the herd jump, skip, bark and pay for games (that may or may not be finished, glitched and bugged) though just for giggles :lol:[/QUOTE]

Enjoying Borderlands on PC or PC games in general does not make someone part of a herd. In fact, considering how PC games are slowly dying out, purchasing PC games is the opposite of following mainstream trends. Nor does a game or piece of content coming out a few weeks later than another version make the product itself inferior in anyway. Your post is filled with bad logic.

[quote name='kilm']He's already passed judgment on you so he doesn't need retroactive certification, lol[/QUOTE]
supercoolstorybro.png

[quote name='eastx']Jodou does need to shut up already. 99% of his posts in this thread are trolling.[/QUOTE]And 99% of your posts are nerdraging me because I called your game bad. It's a discussion board, get over it.

[quote name='eastx']Enjoying Borderlands on PC or PC games in general does not make someone part of a herd. In fact, considering how PC games are slowly dying out, purchasing PC games is the opposite of following mainstream trends. Nor does a game or piece of content coming out a few weeks later than another version make the product itself inferior in anyway. Your post is filled with bad logic.[/QUOTE]

How is my opinion 'bad logic'?

You need to put down that spoon to your bowl of Emotion-o's.

If you do not agree with my opinion that is one thing. Trying too hard to seem intelligent is tragically sad.

As for your conformist cliche belief on "PC games slowly dying out"...you can stick to that if you like. PC gaming will be around so long as PCs are :)

Shameful display.

[quote name='Jodou']And 99% of your posts are nerdraging me because I called your game bad. It's a discussion board, get over it.[/QUOTE]

He is just trying to defend his purchase as much as possible it seems.

[quote name='Megazell']He is just trying to defend his purchase as much as possible it seems.[/QUOTE]

Yes, God forbid some people actually enjoy this game and come in here to have a decent discussion about it. It gets quite old seeing that there is a new post in this thread, only to come in here and see its someone just bashing the game repeatedly. If you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't make others who do enjoy the game idiots or sheep or whatever the hell you want to call them.

[quote name='Jodou']And 99% of your posts are nerdraging me because I called your game bad. It's a discussion board, get over it.[/QUOTE]

vader-fail1.jpg

lulz you're nerdraging at a game you don't like

[quote name='SEH']Yes, God forbid some people actually enjoy this game and come in here to have a decent discussion about it. It gets quite old seeing that there is a new post in this thread, only to come in here and see its someone just bashing the game repeatedly. If you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't make others who do enjoy the game idiots or sheep or whatever the hell you want to call them.[/QUOTE]

I take it you did not read my original post regarding this game.

[quote name='Megazell']I take it you did not read my original post regarding this game.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you didn't read anyone else's response either. No worries, it balances out.

[quote name='Jodou']If that's the best you've got, why bother?[/QUOTE]

LoL I'll let you know when you're qualified to tell me what's best! ;)

[quote name='kilm']I'm pretty sure you didn't read anyone else's response either. No worries, it balances out.[/QUOTE]

The sadness thickens.

You're probably one of those players that slaps the stuffing out of a sale clerk when they ring up your purchase at the sale price and demand to pay full price.

I have this game for the PC, it was enjoyable (except for the multitude of multiplayer issues) and I will not be purchasing the DLC because of the drm that will be included

[quote name='Megazell']The sadness thickens.

You're probably one of those players that slaps the stuffing out of a sale clerk when they ring up your purchase at the sale price and demand to pay full price.[/QUOTE]

LoL did you get that from a mad lib or something?

Anyway, as Traken directs, getting back on topic... Lokki asked a question that hasn't been answered yet

[quote name='Lokki']
[quote name='SEH']
Doesn't work like that. I just tried giving my DLC key to my friend and it wont let him activate with it, says its invalid. It would've been nice though.[/quote]
Are you both on the same version (i.e both have retail/steam.)?[/quote]

bread's done
Back