CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Whezzy']I'm planning on modding my EX-2 and have two quick questions for you guys.

Would getting a square Sanwa gate reduce the throw on the stick? Stock it feels like the stick has 3mm or so of extra throw after hitting the microswitch. I would also like the stick to have a little bit more resistance, are there any known springs that work with this stick?[/quote]
Well, assuming you get a sanwa stick as well, the stick will be taller than the stock hori one. So when you grip the balltop high, then yes, the throw would be larger.

Sorry, don't know much about the springs.

What do you 360 users do about HEADSETS on a custom stick?
I hear you can use a wireless headset if the stick does not support it natively. How does that work?
Or do most of y'all rock sticks that support the standard headset?
Or do you just not bother?

dood I'm hella pondering that too... I have the headphone jack attached onto my PCB but I dont kno how I'll make it accessible on the stick I'ma make.

I dont really wanna sacrifice it, but I guess it would be OK if the problem will be resolved with the SFIV stick a few months later

New sticks!

3098615274_08cac64e19.jpg

3097779679_88247edb03.jpg

3097779593_1b3340c6dc.jpg

[quote name='BustaUppa']What do you 360 users do about HEADSETS on a custom stick?
I hear you can use a wireless headset if the stick does not support it natively. How does that work?
Or do you just not bother?[/QUOTE]

Two good options...

Leave out the headset jack and just use a wireless mic. The wireless mic connects to the 360 console, not the controller.

Or buy a 2.5mm headset extension jack from Radio Shack for about $8 and mount it somewhere in the stick housing, connecting the male part to the controller. This will work with newer 360 headsets (and most cell phone headsets) but not the old ones that had the big plastic puck on the end.

[quote name='BustaUppa']What do you 360 users do about HEADSETS on a custom stick?

usually i put a 2.5mm headset extension plugged into the pcb like this. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/akuma001/PICT0574-1.jpg

and i use a headset like this http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/akuma001/PICT0489.jpg

if you have nothing plugged into the pcb of your stick you can use a wireless headset.

[quote name='MarkMan']it is X_X

all plastic

too light

X_X[/quote]

Is it similar to the Hori Fighting Stick for Wii? Or worse?

[quote name='eastx']Two good options...

Leave out the headset jack and just use a wireless mic. The wireless mic connects to the 360 console, not the controller.

Or buy a 2.5mm headset extension jack from Radio Shack for about $8 and mount it somewhere in the stick housing, connecting the male part to the controller. This will work with newer 360 headsets (and most cell phone headsets) but not the old ones that had the big plastic puck on the end.[/QUOTE]ahaaa, thx for the info.

Are all the wireless 360 headsets proprietary? I need a headset for my phone, and it would be sweet if I could get one that worked on the 360 as well.[quote name='akuma001']usually i put a 2.5mm headset extension plugged into the pcb like this. http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/akuma001/PICT0574-1.jpg

and i use a headset like this http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/akuma001/PICT0489.jpg

if you have nothing plugged into the pcb of your stick you can use a wireless headset.[/QUOTE]iiiinteresting. I'm thinking about that stick mod I've been contemplating, and I figure I'm better off going wireless. I mean, I'm using a pre-existing case that would need an extra hole... and with 4 PCBs I figure it's already gonna be pretty crowded in there, right?

[IMG-C=4838]3745[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3744[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3742[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3743[/IMG-C]

[quote name='MarkMan']Worse, IMO.

Full review in a few days.[/quote]

kk thx. Dang, I like the graphix, but I like better controls/quality moar.

I'm still waiting for the Hori Wii to drop on amazon. I missed out when the stick was discounted at my local GS. :p

[quote name='controlcommerce'][IMG-C=4838]3745[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3744[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3742[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3743[/IMG-C][/QUOTE]Hmm well that DOES look rather easy. But I just got the default 360 headsets that have that switch at the end... and the plug has this big plastic thing that fits around the contours of the 360 gamepad. Based on some of the other comments in the thread, I'm assuming there's a newer version of the headset that has a more normal-style plug?

[quote name='BustaUppa']ahaaa, thx for the info.

Are all the wireless 360 headsets proprietary? I need a headset for my phone, and it would be sweet if I could get one that worked on the 360 as well.iiiinteresting. I'm thinking about that stick mod I've been contemplating, and I figure I'm better off going wireless. I mean, I'm using a pre-existing case that would need an extra hole... and with 4 PCBs I figure it's already gonna be pretty crowded in there, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the 360 wireless headsets are proprietary. The initial models had some sound issues but those have long been fixed. I do recommend the wireless headset as it is extremely comfortable and convenient. It charges by plugging into a USB slot. The official PS3 wireless headset is Bluetooth and works with cell phones, though.

And yes, the wired 360 headsets have used a standard 2.5mm plug for about a year. Thank goodness.

Most 3rd party headsets have the "normal-style" plug. Look at the back of the package and check before buying. Also any cell phone headset with that size plug will work.

Edit:
[IMG-C=4838]3746[/IMG-C]

Oh wow, those do look much better. Sucks that I got THREE of the old-style ones (one included with the console, one with a clearanced Live kit, one with the vision cam) but what can ya do.

[quote name='controlcommerce'][IMG-C=4838]3745[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3744[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3742[/IMG-C]
[IMG-C=4838]3743[/IMG-C][/QUOTE]dood u r the dood!!

talk about frustrating, I've got one of those SCIV Hori EX2 sticks and when I just went to use it, the left direction and LB button doesn't work. I don't even use it that much either

Woot I'll be getting a Fightstick TE for free thanks to the HWV->GS flipping threads. I can't wait to get my hands on that sexy thing. I wanna spend so much time with it that my girlfriend gets jealous and starts dating other people. Then I want to marry it.

Well not really, but you all get what I mean.

The stick looks great, still haven't reserved it yet :whistle2:(. I need some x-mas or tax money, fast. What was that something else? You wouldn't happen to be that bold guy scrubbing out on SF4 against the g4 dude?

whoo! I got my hole saws today!

I jus hope it doesnt rain on saturday!! :bomb:

btw Crowd Control Commerce, what size adapter/extension did u use for the headset... and where can I get one??

I had one, but it was too big (for standard stereo plugs)

Anybody seen any deals on a moderately priced stick? I really need something for SF:HD, but I want to get one of the official ones when they come out, so I don't wanna spend to much.

Dammit! I did something stupid.

I Preordered the good SFVI stick for 360 on Amazon. A week later I packed up my Hori 360 stick and put it into storage. I live in a tiny apartment and it's already full of PS2 sticks. I figured I wouldnt need a stick until SFIV comes out, and when it does I'll have the all Sanwa 360 stick.

But then I found an old 1600 Live point card I never redeemed. So I bought SFII Turbo HD in a pear tree. But of course now I have no stick handy to play it with. I tried it with the 360 pad and that lasted about 4 rounds before I wanted to shoot myself.

Alright I lied, I did several stupid things.

I just ordered a Sanwa JLF from Lizardlick as well. I'm still trying to decide what color scheme I'm going to use. Decisions, decisions. >_< Is it a general consensus that Sanwa 30's are the way to go?

[quote name='asianxcore']My first Lizard Lick order just went through (1 Sanwa JLF-TP-8T, 8 Orange Sanwa 30's and 2 White Sanwa 24's)

Happy days[/QUOTE]I am actually about to place my first order with Lizard Lick! But... they're out of white Happ Comp buttons. And I need 4 of those! :whistle2:(

[quote name='MarkMan']I prefer Seimitsus, thats just me though![/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to end up getting Seimitsus whenever I decide to order an HRAP 2 SA

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I just ordered a Sanwa JLF from Lizardlick as well. I'm still trying to decide what color scheme I'm going to use. Decisions, decisions. >_< Is it a general consensus that Sanwa 30's are the way to go?[/QUOTE]

I'm bummed out that Lizard Lick is out of the Orange Bubble Top's. I wanted one for the mod Akuma001 will be working on for me.

Sanwas and Seimitsus are all preference. Sanwas are really sensitive. IMO I think that Seimitsus are a little less (which actually isn't a bad thing)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, Sanwa buttons are really touchy, like you can drop a sheet of paper on it and it will activate.

You can try emailing the site owner for items that are out of stock. He usually pulls them off the site when he only has a couple left.

Hey Markman, I got a question for my 360 project. How should i layout my buttons so my stick defaults to this when i play SFIV...

[lp] [mp] [hp] [3xPunch]
[lk] [mk] [hk] [3xKick]

Does the default button-mapping for SFIV match the defaults for STHD? I don't have a 360 yet so i don't even know how STHD is mapped. Thanks!

HD Remix and SFIV have different default button layouts.

X_X

Using this as the template.

LP MP HP XX
LK MK HK XX

... this is the layout for each game:

SFIV
X Y RB LB
A B RT LT

HD Remix
X Y LB XX
A B RB XX

These are based on default settings.

Hey, MarkMan.

I find it kind of disconcerting that every retailer's item description of the PS3 Tournament Stick does not list it as being PC compatible. We do have confirmation that it will work with a PC, do we not? I just want to make sure. It's a pretty big investment. Thankeee.

GOD damn... I've said it exactly 023840823048029380492380 times. Yes it will work on PC!

We're not marketing these for use with PC but just as a heads up, they WILL work!

[quote name='MarkMan']HD Remix and SFIV have different default button layouts.

X_X

Using this as the template.

LP MP HP XX
LK MK HK XX

... this is the layout for each game:

SFIV
X Y RB LB
A B RT LT

HD Remix
X Y LB XX
A B RB XX

These are based on default settings.[/quote]

Thanks!

...and LOL at the different defaults :lol:

[quote name='MarkMan']GOD damn... I've said it exactly 023840823048029380492380 times. Yes it will work on PC!

We're not marketing these for use with PC but just as a heads up, they WILL work![/quote]

Sorry. :whistle2:# The only reason I asked was because things change in the course of development and the PC compatibility was announced very early on. All 360 descriptions have something about it being PC compatible, but that sentence is omitted from the PS3 description. It reads as if the 360 version will be PC compatible and the PS3 version will not.

Street Fighter IV's button layout makes a million times more sense to me than HD Remix.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way, SF 4's default layout (and therefor the layout on the MadCatz SF4 controllers and sticks) sucks. HD Remix's is the most logical.

surely they will allow you to reconfigure the buttons.
no sensible company would fail to include that option.
i mean that would be just plain dumb.

[quote name='eastx']No way, SF 4's default layout (and therefor the layout on the MadCatz SF4 controllers and sticks) sucks. HD Remix's is the most logical.[/quote]

Eh, I use my right hand for all buttons when it comes to fighters. I'd rather have two shoulder buttons on the right side correspond to FP/SK rather than have to use my left index finger for FP.

Man, Lizardlick gave me a scare. I saw a refund notice in my email from them. I thought they refunded me because they didn't have the parts I ordered in stock. Then I read it and it was a refund difference for overcharged shipping.

They get a Gold star in my book if they charge for exact shipping rather than a set price. :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back