CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ZForce']Actually, does anyone know where I can get one of these guys?

http://sdtekken.com/tech-area/converters/pelican-usb-converter/

The link to Gamestop on the page turns up nothing, but I have the old SF Anniversary stick (the one that works on PS2 and XBox) and that would work great for my PS2 games.[/quote]

discontinued. check on sdtekken for reviews on the other adapter that work just as well or better(inpin,real) and go for one of those. or,try ebay for the pelican but they go for very high prices.

Real is discontinued as well.

Go for inpin. PM laugh on SRK.

And yes, neither the fightpad nor the standard FS will work with BC for PS3.

[quote name='eastx']Gotcha, ZForce. Well, the PCBs inside of the standard and tournament sticks are identical, so they both lack the PS2 functionality. It's safe to assume that the fighting pad lacks it as well.

Yeah, for PS2 compatibility right now, modifying a Hori stick is probably your best option. Let me know if you need any help with it.[/QUOTE]I asked before, but it got bumped off the page so I'll try again - if a custom stick uses a PCB from an official PS1 controller, would it work on BC PS2 titles?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I asked before, but it got bumped off the page so I'll try again - if a custom stick uses a PCB from an official PS1 controller, would it work on BC PS2 titles?[/QUOTE]

you need a converter with a ps button or converter that maps analog from the dualshock pcb to the ps button like the old elecom 101.

and of course you need a ps3 that can play bc compatible games.

i personally use the pelican adapter but i don't really play ps2 games on the ps3 due to the lag.

[quote name='scaryB']thats a hrap 1[/QUOTE]

Same quick disconnects, works fine with a PS2 or a PS3 (with adaptor), at this point, beggers can't be choosers.

HRAP1 has a different button layout than an HRAP2.

Also HRAP2 will support Seimitsu sticks cuz of it's 4 way plate.

The HRAP1 Ver. A is the only HRAP1 to do that.

That's the main diff pretty much.

@Darth Puma: I picked up my template from Kinko's today. The template can be made to print out on legal paper which is cheaper to print and laminate. 2 copies cost me $5 + tax. I cut out the button holes using an Xacto knife and then used a metal ruler and exacto to cut out the straight edges. The bottom curve may be easier to cut out with scissors.

Here's my artwork before and after cutting.
4514-119914-templatePrecutJPG-468x.jpg

4514-119914-templateCutJPG-468x.jpg

[quote name='nil']@Darth Puma: I picked up my template from Kinko's today. The template can be made to print out on legal paper which is cheaper to print and laminate. 2 copies cost me $5 + tax. [/QUOTE]

Instead of doing this, you guys should try lami-label. Many FedEx Kinko's carry it. You get your artwork laminated and the back of it already has adhesive, so it's like applying a giant sticker. The total cost will be $6 (printing + lami-label).

[quote name='eastx']Instead of doing this, you guys should try lami-label. Many FedEx Kinko's carry it. You get your artwork laminated and the back of it already has adhesive, so it's like applying a giant sticker. The total cost will be $6 (printing + lami-label).[/QUOTE]

I guess that would save me the money of buying a spray adhesive.

[quote name='Jest']Anyone want to trade some parts? I have an LS-33 with a blue bubble top.[/QUOTE]

What do you want for it? As far as parts, I don't have much except for a Happ stick and some buttons. You can check my trade list or I can give you some money when I get some.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Nice. I'm going to print mine out monday. What are you attaching it with?[/QUOTE]

I'm stillworking that out. I've worked extensively with spray mount and worry that it's too gunky. I will have mounting tape at work that is permanent and very flat. I'm thinking that tape along with the buttons and screws will be enough to hold the art in place. I may look into this lami-label that was pointed out.

I saved a lot of money on printing and laminating by changing the canvas size of that template to legal. 11x17 is very expensive to deal with.

[quote name='nil']Lizard Lick is a great company. I've been very happy with their service.[/QUOTE]yeah, they gave me a partial shipping refund for the order I placed last week. I have no idea why but I sure don't mind!!!

[quote name='BustaUppa']yeah, they gave me a partial shipping refund for the order I placed last week. I have no idea why but I sure don't mind!!![/quote]

If the actual shipping turns out to be less than you were charged then they give you a refund for the difference.

can someone link me to a cheap arcade stick for the 360, dont care if it has best parts etc, just looking for a half decent fight stick for cheap. must be on 360, thanks

[quote name='Costa']can someone link me to a cheap arcade stick for the 360, dont care if it has best parts etc, just looking for a half decent fight stick for cheap. must be on 360, thanks[/quote]
ex2 is $60 on amazon, regular fightstick is $80, take your pick

Oh God, twanky, don't do it.

Might as well smear poop all over your stick and call it awesome.

I think I'm going to leave mine the plain wood with plexiglass top. I could do some art, but I think it'd look jank with the wood sides. Another lizard lick reccomendation - they are the best!

[quote name='Costa']can someone link me to a cheap arcade stick for the 360, dont care if it has best parts etc, just looking for a half decent fight stick for cheap. must be on 360, thanks[/quote]

Do not buy the EX2.
The 360 DPAD is better.

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Do not buy the EX2.
The 360 DPAD is better.[/quote]

the EX2 is crap, really I thought it was good for a half decent fight stick, if not the EX2, I was thinking the SF4 stick but $80 for the stick is too much for me and $150 for the TE is crazy for me.

[quote name='Costa']the EX2 is crap, really I thought it was good for a half decent fight stick, if not the EX2, I was thinking the SF4 stick but $80 for the stick is too much for me and $150 for the TE is crazy for me.[/quote]

No its not half good for 2 dollars.
Its the worst stick I have ever used.

Just get the 40 dollar fight pad if you can throw down 80.

Anybody here tried out the XFPS360 converter? I've got my SF4 TE stick on order but I'd like to use my HRAP2SA as a secondary joystick. The XFPS360 ain't cheap (~$80), but if it's lag-free, it'd probably be worth it to use my HRAP/ASCII FightPad. Then again, if there's a fairly decent 360 joystick at that price (EX2 perhaps?), then I might just go that route instead. After all, it's ONLY for player 2... :roll:

The Fight Pad is a good choice for $40, definitely. If you want a stick but don't want to throw down $150, get the Regular SFIV FightStick. You can always mod it later to be super pimped out. Modding it will be really easy.

[quote name='jer7583']Oh God, twanky, don't do it.

Might as well smear poop all over your stick and call it awesome.

I think I'm going to leave mine the plain wood with plexiglass top. I could do some art, but I think it'd look jank with the wood sides. Another lizard lick reccomendation - they are the best![/quote]

I just asked for help, not how you felt about the artwork. To each his own.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Anybody here tried out the XFPS360 converter? I've got my SF4 TE stick on order but I'd like to use my HRAP2SA as a secondary joystick. The XFPS360 ain't cheap (~$80), but if it's lag-free, it'd probably be worth it to use my HRAP/ASCII FightPad. Then again, if there's a fairly decent 360 joystick at that price (EX2 perhaps?), then I might just go that route instead. After all, it's ONLY for player 2... :roll:[/QUOTE]I haven't tried the XFPS personally, but from what I hear it introduces an unacceptable amount of lag for most fighting games. You're definitely better off just putting the money towards a real 360 stick.

Dont listen to these EX2 bashers...Man you guys exaggerate on the EX2 sticks...They aren't half as bad as you say they are...

That said, do you want to buy a DOA4 stick? I got two of them, one is hybrid mod w/ sanwa octagonal gate & the other one i just remove the ball top & put bat top on square gate stock...

Got this email from Capcom Store today for those who ordered TE sticks from them

To all who ordered Street Fighter IV Mad Catz controllers from the Capcom Store, Thank You!
As has been widely reported, allocations of the controllers did not meet demand. What this means is that many of you will get a backorder notice on the release date. Mad Catz is working to make more available but they will not be in stock until April. Backorders will be filled as soon as we have additional stock.
Because of this we are limiting quantities to two tournament editions per person; that's two total in any combination. For those who purchased multiple tournament sticks your orders will be reduced down to two. We want to be able to accommodate those who ordered two of the same version so that they could play with a friend. Those who ordered multiples of both versions will see your orders reduced to one of each version.
Thanks again for your enthusiastic support.

Hoping i'm in the first group since I used Paypal and they took the funds immediately :D

[quote name='striker199']Got an email from Best Buy saying the new ship date on the TE is 2-15. So no stick for me at launch :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got teh same email. But they didn't tell me that I wouldn't be getting a stick, so that's good... right?

[quote name='gunm']Damn that's hot! But is that stick really built around $150-quality parts, or am I spending $150 for some lolli chick action?[/quote]

Ok, so I found out on my own that the Death Smiles stick is the latter--a Hori EX (sanwa parts) with DS artwork on top. -_-

I still want, though. :p I guess I could take my VF EX stick and just slap some Cave stickers on it. :p

[quote name='Chacrana']NCSX has that stick listed for like $238 or something. That's waaaaay too much.[/quote]

Totally. Hence my "slapping DS stickers on my EX" plan. :p

WHAT?!! No BC on the SF4 sticks? Really? How lame. I'll be cancelling my pre-orders now. I was less interested in playing SF4 with them, and more likely to spend my time with SFA Anthology, and some of the SNK collections released on the PS2.

I can't rationalize spending that much money on a dedicated PS3 control, and I don't want to play SF4 with the standard dualshock3, so i'll probably just wait on the game too. I'm so disappointed.

[quote name='rcaido']Dont listen to these EX2 bashers...Man you guys exaggerate on the EX2 sticks...They aren't half as bad as you say they are...

That said, do you want to buy a DOA4 stick? I got two of them, one is hybrid mod w/ sanwa octagonal gate & the other one i just remove the ball top & put bat top on square gate stock...[/quote]

No they are that bad avoid like the plauge.

[quote name='nbballard']WHAT?!! No BC on the SF4 sticks? Really? How lame. I'll be cancelling my pre-orders now. I was less interested in playing SF4 with them, and more likely to spend my time with SFA Anthology, and some of the SNK collections released on the PS2.

I can't rationalize spending that much money on a dedicated PS3 control, and I don't want to play SF4 with the standard dualshock3, so i'll probably just wait on the game too. I'm so disappointed.[/quote]
I wouldn't cancel it just yet. The sticks won't be BC at launch, but Sony will most likely end up patching in support later.:cool:

I don't use my PS3 to play PS2 games. Input lag FTL, so it's no biggie that it doesn't work with BC. I'll probably dual mod my 360 stick with a Dual Shock PCB, then I can have 360, PC, PS2, and, through my adapters, DC, Xbox, GC, and PS3 all in one stick. :)

Also, EX2 is crap.

[quote name='nbballard']WHAT?!! No BC on the SF4 sticks? Really? How lame. I'll be cancelling my pre-orders now. I was less interested in playing SF4 with them, and more likely to spend my time with SFA Anthology, and some of the SNK collections released on the PS2.

I can't rationalize spending that much money on a dedicated PS3 control, and I don't want to play SF4 with the standard dualshock3, so i'll probably just wait on the game too. I'm so disappointed.[/quote]

Yes, please cancel, so I have a better chance of getting my TE stick on time. :)

But srsly, MM mentioned the reasons why BC was not really possible with the stick already.

To me, it's not a deal breaker because I already have a HRAP2 with pelican adapter for my PS3 (and yeah even have two PS2s :p), so my main concern was getting a great stick for 360 that I wouldn't have to worry about making myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back