CAG Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='eastx']I agree that it shouldn't have any problems out of the box. But what's the big deal about putting in a Sanwa stick? It fixes the problem and gives you better control. Everybody wins.[/quote]

I understand that it's easy for most of you, but he shouldn't have to do that for a stick that he purchases new. It's a pretty big deal.

[quote name='Chacrana']Where are you guys finding decent MB artwork? I'm trying to find something with Akiha, but it ain't happening. :(

[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time finding MB art as well. I did find some in anime art sites like minitokyo.com though.

[quote name='suko_32']I have a hard time finding MB art as well. I did find some in anime art sites like minitokyo.com though.[/QUOTE]

I should probably look at that site again. I went through a bunch of others, and mostly just found pics of White Len getting fucked so...

Glad I held off on the HRAP EX until today. Its in my gold box on amazon for 123. Now with the cost of 8 seimitsu skeleton buttons it ends up costing 1 dollar more than the TE...fucking sweet.

It the download is for the vewlix art.

I managed to play around long enough to almost get it to the bare layout, and then played around longer and made these. I swear to god Gimp is the least user friendly program ever, especially since I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

dexter.jpg

viper-1.jpg

I know they both suck.

[quote name='striker199']Ditto, I'm waiting for Best Buy to stock ps3 fightpads. Know anything about that MarkMan, or anyone? I've only seen 360 fightpads at retail.[/quote]

Best Buy only sells PS3 fightpads online, not in-store and not available for in-store pickup. At least that's the way it's been since last week. There's a huge thread in the deals section about them.

[quote name='genfuyung']Glad I held off on the HRAP EX until today. Its in my gold box on amazon for 123. Now with the cost of 8 seimitsu skeleton buttons it ends up costing 1 dollar more than the TE...fucking sweet.[/QUOTE]

Any tips on how to get it in the gold box?

[quote name='zewone']Any tips on how to get it in the gold box?[/quote]

It helps to have a new account BUT if you already have an account then you can try going to the hrap ex page and scroll down until you see the better together area. There should be the hrap ex and either sf4 or the hrap 3 on ps3. just add whatever is there to your cart. Also, if you have sf4 there, it wouldnt hurt to add the hrap 3 as well. Just leave them in your cart and if those are the only items you've ever had in your cart then your recommendations will only work off of those items. Also, give 5 star ratings to sf4 and the hrap 3. Wait for your gold box to refresh tomorrow and see if it appears.

If your using an account that youve purchased or looked at a lot of things with then it will be much harder as you have to go to your recommendations and tell it to not use ANYTHING ELSE to pick your recommendations. Which can take fucking hours if you use amazon a lot. After all that is taken care of just do what I said before and wait for your gold box to refresh tomorrow.

Its worth noting that it only takes 5% (about 7 bucks off). But thats enough for 2 ps-14-k buttons so I thought it was worth it.

[quote name='GuardianE']I understand that it's easy for most of you, but he shouldn't have to do that for a stick that he purchases new. It's a pretty big deal.[/QUOTE]

It's easy for everybody. There are already multiple guides and videos showing how to do it. All you have to be able to do is use a screwdriver. Yes, a minor amount of effort is involved, but your joystick ends up being personalized and way better than if you didn't swap the stick out.

[quote name='eastx']It's easy for everybody. There are already multiple guides and videos showing how to do it. All you have to be able to do is use a screwdriver. Yes, a minor amount of effort is involved, but your joystick ends up being personalized and way better than if you didn't swap the stick out.[/QUOTE]

But the point is that you shouldn't have something that's broken out of the box, regardless of how easy or beneficial it is to replace the faulty parts.

[quote name='eastx']It's easy for everybody. There are already multiple guides and videos showing how to do it. All you have to be able to do is use a screwdriver. Yes, a minor amount of effort is involved, but your joystick ends up being personalized and way better than if you didn't swap the stick out.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know much about modding but this guy says he couldn't get the mounting blade off. Seriously watch this, it's fucking hilarious. http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/lordofultima/madcatz-fckstick/30-21367/

Thanks guys for the suggestions on my art. I guess I'll take off the button text, I'm sure Seimitsu skeletons can more than hold their own.

Also the dust cover (fits within inner circle) seems to have enough clearance so it doesn't cover any of the art (The actual joystick and button placement were off from the NAS photoshop file). I believe the x button might cover a sliver, but I really wont mind. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

As for the "MB" text, it just looks like I need to place something in that area for some reason, and that was the only idea I could come up with. If someone has a better idea, I'm definitely all ears.

edit: second version with random latin phrases along top and bottom instead of that lame text before.

Also willing to help with art and general guidance (resources, etc.). Though it seems a lot of you have awesome art up so far.

@control: You are a brave man to physically modify the NAS case. They truly are nice pieces. I'm pretty wimpy myself, but I managed to stain the poplar and clear coat it fairly well (for a first timer, actually looks like ebony). Now the next step is to secure the pcb by drilling. Tell me how your modification comes out and I'm sure it'll turn out just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='option.iv']
As for the "MB" text, it just looks like I need to place something in that area for some reason, and that was the only idea I could come up with. If someone has a better idea, I'm definitely all ears.
[/QUOTE]

I've always thought stick art with the logo of the series the character/characters are from was always tacky/lame. Example, someone makes a stick with JEKKI's favorite character Jin, then in the corner you have plastered TEKKEN 4. Just looks....well not good.

I've liked when players put their names on their stick. Obviously not "Manny's Stick" but maybe where you wanted to put the MB text, in the same text you could put "Option.IV" (if that's what you go by in your FG circles)

@DP: hmm, looks fine to me. Did you by any chance change her ratio? She looks a little "curvier". Also you can maybe play around with brightness and contrast (and/or levels). I usually like my subject to stand a bit out from my background and jump out a bit when dealing with brighter colors like yours.

I just scaled it to fit the template. I really don't know how to use photoshop (or in my case gimp) at all lol, I'll give that stuff a shot.

You thought it looked okay with the buttons covering her? That's what worried me.

Puma, hold shift and pull on a corner tab when resizing something. It'll keep its natural ratio and won't look pulled.

OpinionIV, there are some pretty wicked typewriter fonts here: http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=113. I think it would better match if you changed all your text to one that resembles the background text.

Called my local Game Crazy earlier today, they have some SFIV standard edition sticks for 360 available for purchase
Some people have said their Game Crazy's might even have tournament sticks available if you are lucky :p

vipear.jpg

I like the image better, but she's still chunky even with the shift clicking. I think I'll throw my handle in at the bottom right if I can find a decent SF style font.

EDIT: haha, left space at the bottom.

Thanks Jest for the suggestion, I am really liking the typewriter font. Seems to actually fit better than that gothic-ish font.

@DP: Sorry, I assumed you would use clear buttons and put the picture within those. Are you keeping the same buttons?

As for the background, I'm kinda stumped. I personally get ideas from what moves the subject has. I think she has fire and electricity attacks? Maybe you can branch off from there.

edit: Good news, Lizardlick has Toodle's AXISdapters for sale. I'm so psyched!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarthPuma']I want to get clear ones if I can find them.

I actually like the background, I just don't like her being fat.[/quote]

Get PS-14-k buttons from akihabarashop.jp.

[quote name='DarthPuma']How am I gonna get it to fit the template then.[/quote]

Got the original image? If there's not too much stretching needed then you could probably get away with a feather fade. Adding filler shouldn't be hard if you need or want to.

[quote name='DarthPuma']How am I gonna get it to fit the template then.[/quote]

Provide the original image to me and I can work on it for you tomorrow. I have Photoshop at work and I'm proficient with it (I'm a graphic designer.) I'll check for it in the morning.

Buttons, balltop, and plugs ordered from Lizard Lick. I'm trying to get the HRAP EX to end up in my Amazon gold box, but I'll just regular order it tomorrow if it's not in there. I'm impatient.

genfuyung, I'll get to work on some art for you tomorrow for fun. If anyone wants to have a crack at it, go for it. I'm decent at Photoshop, but I'm always interested in what others can come up with.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Buttons, balltop, and plugs ordered from Lizard Lick. I'm trying to get the HRAP EX to end up in my Amazon gold box, but I'll just regular order it tomorrow if it's not in there. I'm impatient.

genfuyung, I'll get to work on some art for you tomorrow for fun. If anyone wants to have a crack at it, go for it. I'm decent at Photoshop, but I'm always interested in what others can come up with.[/quote]

Thanks a ton :applause:. No rush.

I know this is random, but do any of you guys see "HRAP" and read it in your mind as "HARP"? I mean, I know it's "HRAP", but I always refer to it as "HARP".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='brighenne']I actually read it like rap with an h sound in front of it, seems like most people say it as initials though, haha.[/quote]

Yep yep, this is how I pronounce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back