CAG Call of Duty 4 Night [Wednesday, 8pm EST]

[quote name='acey']I'd like to play with CAGE whenever I'm on (some time between 7-10pm random nights during the week) - I'm located on the East Coast. CoD4 is the first online shooter I've played in years, though, so my skills aren't there yet. Is there in-game setup needed for being a part of a clan?
Any tips for a newbie?[/QUOTE]

Just keep on playing and get used to it. You get much better as you play and level up. Add me to your friends list

[quote name='acey']I'd like to play with CAGE whenever I'm on (some time between 7-10pm random nights during the week) - I'm located on the East Coast. CoD4 is the first online shooter I've played in years, though, so my skills aren't there yet. Is there in-game setup needed for being a part of a clan?
Any tips for a newbie?[/QUOTE]

Just keep on playing and get used to it. You get much better as you play and level up. Add me to your friends list

Any tips for a newbie?[/quote]

I never was into shooters until the past year and I kinda suck and get pwnd alot. However, the more you play the better you get. Biggest thing is have a mic, play as a team, and learn the maps. In fact, knowing the maps helps you the most IMO. Online shooters are what I enjoy the most and these are what brought me back to gaming.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Looks like our game will be on Saturday the 22nd! So get ready to play![/quote]

What's the time on that. 'Cos last time it was 9:30pm EST, but no one showed up till 11pm EST.

Yo

If anyone is up for some COD4 matches - add me.
PSN : YouHaveAIDS

If you want to know my rank, i'm prestige 4 level 40.

I'm up for some ground wars or team tacticals - not too bothered really.
Cya on PlayStation dudes.

i see u guys are playing tonight. who do i add to join the fun? im @ west if that matters -.-

oh and im newb =[

[quote name='StrandedBrit']What's the time on that. 'Cos last time it was 9:30pm EST, but no one showed up till 11pm EST.[/QUOTE]

9:00 Eastern, 6 Pacific again. This time I will be on. Last week I was busy watching the Nuggets game.

[quote name='oldboy']9pm EST... I will be there. only question is who the hell do I need to add?[/quote]

Preferrably Pootie_Thang, or at least someone that's going to be there.

Great gaming last night guys! I'm going to make it official since the past 3 weeks have all been Saturdays. All CoD4 games will be on Saturday 6 Pacific, 9 Eastern.

[quote name='whoknows']I forgot about yesterday...wasn't home anyways so I guess it doesn't matter.

Anyone want to play tonight?[/QUOTE]

im down. whats your PSN?

Anyone else want in?

I just picked up COD4 for $30 at Best Buy. I'm not all that familiar with this franchise. I went online and got my ass handed to me. I am pretty decent at Warhawk & Team Fortress, even ok with UT eventhough I only played it once or twice. I had this same problem with Socom Combined Assault...maybe it's something with military games.
Anyway, can anyone give me any basic hints? I'm not looking for your secrets, just some simple basics that I am probably overlooking.
The main thing I'm wondering is if there's a way to hide yourself from the map. Also, whenever you shoot at someone you always want to zoom, right? When I zoom, I notice it seems to cover the majority of the target and makes it hard to see.
Thanks.

I think the biggest thing with this game, and something I continue to fail to do a lot of time, is be patient. More times than not you'll die if you charge at the opponents. Also, it's more difficult when you first start because you don't have any kind of scopes on the weapons. Once you level up a little it gets easier to aim.

There's a perk (UAV jammer) that you get once you increase levels, that let's you go unnoticed on the radar at all times unless you fire a non-silenced weapon. Otherwise if you use a silenced weapon you'll be unnoticed on the radar until they a UAV which exposes everyone's locations.

As far as shooting, your accuracy does suffer some if you "fire from the hip", no scoped. But once you go up a few levels and get the perks and sights, you'll see a dramatic improvement in your play. Also try and find a gun you like and get good with it, it'll help as well.

I'll try getting back on later but I was having to many issues guys. Wonder if they really solved their server problems because it is doing the same thing as it was before. Must have been a surge in players coming in and clugging up the lines like when the game launched.

Yeah, I was having problems too. For the first time I encountered serious lag in one map and then in that last game I got completely disconnected. I wonder what's up?

i was on earlier but it was being all slow and lagging a bit so i gave up might be on later but im doubting it

If anyone wants to add me to their friends list. My name is Ghost_Face_36. The games I have Warhawk, Resistance, COD4.

[quote name='PapiChullo']I think the biggest thing with this game, and something I continue to fail to do a lot of time, is be patient. More times than not you'll die if you charge at the opponents. Also, it's more difficult when you first start because you don't have any kind of scopes on the weapons. Once you level up a little it gets easier to aim.

There's a perk (UAV jammer) that you get once you increase levels, that let's you go unnoticed on the radar at all times unless you fire a non-silenced weapon. Otherwise if you use a silenced weapon you'll be unnoticed on the radar until they a UAV which exposes everyone's locations.

As far as shooting, your accuracy does suffer some if you "fire from the hip", no scoped. But once you go up a few levels and get the perks and sights, you'll see a dramatic improvement in your play. Also try and find a gun you like and get good with it, it'll help as well.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. So do I only show up on radar when firing a weapon? I guess I'll stick to FFA games for now and won't wear my headset. I can't take 8 year old kids tellin me I suck. :D

[quote name='PapiChullo']There's a perk (UAV jammer) that you get once you increase levels, that let's you go unnoticed on the radar at all times unless you fire a non-silenced weapon. Otherwise if you use a silenced weapon you'll be unnoticed on the radar until they a UAV which exposes everyone's locations.[/quote]

The UAV Jammer, I believe actually keeps you from showing up on the radar even when the enemy UAV is up in the air. I've noticed enemies running near me but when I looked on the radar they weren't there. Even when I knew our own UAV was up. So with silencer and UAV-J you never show up on enemy radar. Oh, and knife kills I think also keep you off the radar.

Question I have is if you can scroll through the kill streak items (UAV, Air Strike, Chopper).

[quote name='NamPaehc']Question I have is if you can scroll through the kill streak items (UAV, Air Strike, Chopper).[/quote]

Nope, they replace each other.

if anyone sees me online with call of duty, feel free to invite me to your party. I can not seem to be able to connect to any games my self. When i am in someone elses party is the only time i can play matches.

[quote name='Bridge21C']if anyone sees me online with call of duty, feel free to invite me to your party. I can not seem to be able to connect to any games my self. When i am in someone elses party is the only time i can play matches.[/QUOTE]
I'll add you when I get home...assuming I remember :p

If not you can just add me: mmmpepsi

On another topic, who's planning to play tomorrow?

bread's done
Back