CAG Gaming Group - Call of Duty 4 Thursdays

Good games tonight guys. I would have kept playing, but my gold membership ran out in the middle of a match. Got it fixed now. Guess I'll see you guys next week if not sooner.

[quote name='xbox Mario']I would have kept playing, but my gold membership ran out in the middle of a match.[/quote]

LOL. I always figured it would just let you finish the game you were playing :rofl:

[quote name='xbox Mario']Good games tonight guys. I would have kept playing, but my gold membership ran out in the middle of a match. Got it fixed now. Guess I'll see you guys next week if not sooner.[/quote]

That blows :bomb:. Nice playing with you while it lasted!

Speaking of, all of the ToysRUs's in my area are out of the wireless headsets and xbl vision bundles. Trying to find the best deal for the new bundle (at least I got a $10 off $75+ for BB).

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']XBOX Mario, are you planning on re-upping or no? If you aren't, I'll take you off the CAGCOD4 list.[/QUOTE]

He said in that post that he had it fixed and would be on next week if not sooner.

We really need more CAGs to join up on thursday nights, this past week was disappointing but we did get some people, but it took a while for it to happen.

[quote name='Ragekod']We really need more CAGs to join up on thursday nights, this past week was disappointing but we did get some people, but it took a while for it to happen.[/quote]

I usually end up having to work on Thursdays. However, I was lucky enough to have off this past Thursday and play with a few of you. The next two weeks I should be on, seeing as I am on Spring Break starting Monday. I usually use the CAGCOD4 list more so for hitting people up during the week. I do have to get a new headset as mine crapped out half way through a match earlier this week.

If there is still space, I'll join. I just got COD4 a few days ago and havent started multiplayer yet. I should clock in quite a few matches by thursday though. It'll be fun playing with some CAGs. I'll send a friend request.

this sounds interesting and worth a go. im pretty good at COD4 online and my kills r hundreds more than my deaths. ill send a FR.

Pretty fun games last night and today. These maps are getting old though - can't wait for the new ones. Hopefully they won't follow the Halo 3 pricing structure.

[quote name='RudyPants']Pretty fun games last night and today. These maps are getting old though - can't wait for the new ones. Hopefully they won't follow the Halo 3 pricing structure.[/QUOTE]

I agree, hopefully it will be atleast 4-5 maps for 800 points.

[quote name='Ragekod']We really need more CAGs to join up on thursday nights, this past week was disappointing but we did get some people, but it took a while for it to happen.[/quote]

Yeah, great time last Thursday. I can probably keep playing Thursday nights but usually can't get online until around 10:30 or 11PM CST since I've got to wait for the wife and kid to go to bed. Unfortunately, that makes it pretty late for the EST folks.

I really can't seem to get any better at this game. I can never get into a gun that I feel comfortable with. Maybe when I open up a few more that'll clear up.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I really can't seem to get any better at this game. I can never get into a gun that I feel comfortable with. Maybe when I open up a few more that'll clear up.[/QUOTE]

Just try using different perks with them and see what works. I thought the MP5 was complete crap until I put stopping power on it, but now I'm practically unstoppable with that gun (no pun intended).

Also, I didn't see much use in the RPD since it didn't shoot fast enough to take out guys with M16s and Uzi's at close range, so I added Double Tap, and when shooting in short controlled bursts, its basically like a more powerful version of the SAW.

The semi-automatic shotgun with bandolier and sleight of hand is another winning combo for maps like Vacant and Shipment. You've got plenty of ammo and can reload and fire it extremely fast

I'm ranked 14 now. Primarily using the Skorpion with the red scope. This game is pretty fun. I added the CAG clan tag to my name, so I'm repping CAG. I've only seen one other CAG and that was last night. Anywho I'm going to rank up some more later.

[quote name='Niblet']I'm ranked 14 now. Primarily using the Skorpion with the red scope. This game is pretty fun. I added the CAG clan tag to my name, so I'm repping CAG. I've only seen one other CAG and that was last night. Anywho I'm going to rank up some more later.[/quote]

Keep playing, you will rank up quickly...

Every weekday starting around 4:15PM EST, I usually play with my RL friends -- usually Hardcore Team Deathmatch/Team Tactical. So, anyone playing CoD4 today will be invited to our party to play. :) Same deal tommorow too I think, but I have SATs to study for Saturday.

If you aren't on the list but still wanna play, hit me a Friend Request.

[quote name='xcoax']Just try using different perks with them and see what works. I thought the MP5 was complete crap until I put stopping power on it, but now I'm practically unstoppable with that gun (no pun intended).

Also, I didn't see much use in the RPD since it didn't shoot fast enough to take out guys with M16s and Uzi's at close range, so I added Double Tap, and when shooting in short controlled bursts, its basically like a more powerful version of the SAW.

The semi-automatic shotgun with bandolier and sleight of hand is another winning combo for maps like Vacant and Shipment. You've got plenty of ammo and can reload and fire it extremely fast[/quote]

Nice tips, thanks

I'll be back this Thursday about 10pm-ish (eastern time). I've been on a month hiatus waiting for my 3rd Xbox to come back to me.

If anyone needs to get added to a friend's list feel free to add me, EddieT99 then I'll invite ya once the game gets going. I know some people's friend lists have gotten filled already, I however have lots of openings haha.

I got up to 15 yesterday and called it a day. Havent played yet today. Leveling up doesn't happen that fast for me though. Maybe I'm just not good yet. I get like 6-10 kills a game sometimes less. I switched my skorpion to an Uzi yesterday so hopefully that'll help, but I still don't think I have the right combination.

[quote name='Niblet']I got up to 15 yesterday and called it a day. Havent played yet today. Leveling up doesn't happen that fast for me though. Maybe I'm just not good yet. I get like 6-10 kills a game sometimes less. I switched my skorpion to an Uzi yesterday so hopefully that'll help, but I still don't think I have the right combination.[/quote]
Good luck with that uzi, I've used it a few times but I couldn't get along with it. If you really want to piss people off, use the shotgun. ;)

[quote name='JJSP']Count me in for Thursday.[/quote]

I've had you on my friends list forever and didn't realize it was through CAG - ha! Anyway, I'll send you an invite next we play and I see you on.

Gah. I played a few matches and got to 16. I couldnt get any kills with the uzi. Maybe I need to change up my perks or something, but I was getting floored in gun fights. I did manage to kill 6+ in most of my games tonight with almost all knife kills. It was very satisfying just running up behind someone and ganking them.

[quote name='Niblet']Gah. I played a few matches and got to 16. I couldnt get any kills with the uzi. Maybe I need to change up my perks or something, but I was getting floored in gun fights. I did manage to kill 6+ in most of my games tonight with almost all knife kills. It was very satisfying just running up behind someone and ganking them.[/quote]
So not much luck with that uzi eh?;)

I did my best game tonight with a 28-5 streak, then my games starting going downhill but I had fun.

last night was fun, but man did i play horrible, probably the worst batch of games ive ever had.
theres a strong possibility that ill be on tonight, my wifes cousin is havign her baby today so i think shes going to spend the night up there....that means video game times for me. yay

I was going to jump in with you guys last night but it took me longer than I thought to finish gaining a level in RB6 Vegas.

It is fun playing with you all. I was burned out on COD4 for a while but this is getting me back into it.

Those were some tough matches last night, especially the one on Backlot where the leader on the opposing team went something like 57-14. My K/D average is around 1.2, so going 12-28 puts that at one of my worst matches ever.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Those were some tough matches last night, especially the one on Backlot where the leader on the opposing team went something like 57-14. My K/D average is around 1.2, so going 12-28 puts that at one of my worst matches ever.[/QUOTE]

That game was nasty. It seemed like they were all using shotguns paired with the Juggernaut perk. I don't want to even think about what my k/d was in that game. In fact, lets never mention that game again.

[quote name='DCriminal']That game was nasty. It seemed like they were all using shotguns paired with the Juggernaut perk. I don't want to even think about what my k/d was in that game. In fact, lets never mention that game again.[/quote]
What match? You see what I did there haha. :lol:

What the deuce? I want in on the action. I may suck but heck. I know you guys play Thursday, but there is discussion of matches on other nights. How can I get in the know? I added CAGCOD4 to my friends list but it is still pending acceptance.

[quote name='Niblet']What the deuce? I want in on the action. I may suck but heck. I know you guys play Thursday, but there is discussion of matches on other nights. How can I get in the know? I added CAGCOD4 to my friends list but it is still pending acceptance.[/quote]

Once you get accepted, just check the list and see when people are on. More than likely someone will shoot you an invite.

[quote name='Niblet']What the deuce? I want in on the action. I may suck but heck. I know you guys play Thursday, but there is discussion of matches on other nights. How can I get in the know? I added CAGCOD4 to my friends list but it is still pending acceptance.[/quote]
If I see you on there I'll try to send you an invite.

hey i would like to get into some sweet cag cod4 action.

I think i'm pretty good, i have a 1.35 k/d ratio and in 1s prestige.

Too bad the cagcod4 friends list is full.
Please post back when you guys do a list cleaning.

I haven't had time to play this week, but I'll definitely be hopping on later, and I'll absolutely playing tomorrow night.

niblet. once dave accpets the invite to cagcod4, youll get an invite to our games everytime youre on and were playing.
we do a good job of inviting every cag on the list.

yea. those games were rough. i think our party being so big and playing against clans had a lot to do with it, that and it was terribly laggy last night. the were several games i had switched to the m16 stopping power and im putting 3-4 bursts into the head/chest and theyre not going down.

[quote name='Niblet']Got accepted =D. I should be set. Quick question guys: Stun or Flash?[/QUOTE]

Stun 100% for me. With flash grenades they can still sprint away, though most don't run blind. Stun grenades, they're stuck where they are and make for easy kills.

If I know someone is around the corner, I'll bank a stun grenade off the wall, and then when I know I've hit them I'll cook off a frag and dump it in the same spot. Makes for an easy kill and I was never put in harm's way. I actually prefer Stun x3 to Frag x3 like everyone seems to use.

[quote name='xcoax']Stun 100% for me. With flash grenades they can still sprint away, though most don't run blind. Stun grenades, they're stuck where they are and make for easy kills.

If I know someone is around the corner, I'll bank a stun grenade off the wall, and then when I know I've hit them I'll cook off a frag and dump it in the same spot. Makes for an easy kill and I was never put in harm's way. I actually prefer Stun x3 to Frag x3 like everyone seems to use.[/quote]

Bouncing stun grenades off walls is one of my favorite things to do in Call of Duty 4 multiplayer. I use 'Stun x 3' when I use a set-up where it would be an advantage, primarily when I want to go all gun during the game. I mostly use 'Frag x 3', though, especially in Bog and other maps where there is great division in the map. However, I have recently taken to using the Grenade launcher, so that cancels out both options.

I wonder why they did not allow 'Smoke x 3'? I think the smoke grenade is the weakest grenade and even with the massive coverage it gives it's still far less of an advantage than three frag grenades.

Oh, and I'll be around tomorrow night. Someone send me an invite, as I'm on the CAGCOD4 friend list. :cool:

There's very little downside to using a stun grenade. As long as you don't hit yourself with it, you're all set. The flashbang has it's uses but is more limiting in that it can blind you at a further range.

bread's done
Back