CAG Gaming Group - Call of Duty 4 Thursdays

Haha! And I thought I was the only one being lame in missing all the fun. Up until late last night, I had not been on my 360 at all since around Friday! :bomb:

I agree that Fall TV (and an increased level of social fall activities/etc) is going to be keeping me busy! I'm going to have to really work at getting my "me" time... :cool: .

And, Wow, Simon, so glad you brought that one back up :roll: ! Wouldn't want it to die in the recesses of the forums ;)!

I'm busy as well. Swamped at work, working on dissertation, getting ready to get academic job applications out, fall TV shows etc.

Will still try to make COD4 thursdays, or one of the weekend nights if I miss the Thurs (had fun with you guys on Friday night last week!).

NOOOOOOO.... My live ran-up. I gotta find a BlockBuster somewhere close by that carries XBL cards soI can burn up some credit.

Yeah, the reason I was up so late was due to the Heroes season opener. I really only watch Heroes and Chuck as far as the fall tv schedule goes, so I should be good for every night but Monday once paperthon 2008 runs its course.

Thursday's are actually my worst night for tv watching. My name is earl, the office and its always sunny in philly are all pretty funny.

I think for me; let's see... Heroes & Terminator are on Mondays, and then the NBC lineup that Sean mentioned are on Thursday.

Unfortunately for me, my bro has to record them on a lo-tech as hell DVD+R machine, and then I try and watch them when I have a chance!

Today, I will watch the Heroes premiere from yesterday, and then attempt to check out the SOCOM beta that Sean hooked me up with!

If I see a bunch of you online on COD4, I'll jump on for a few games!

Don't worry, everyone, I know some of us haven't been on much lately, but I'm sure soon enough we'll all find a way to fit the Ragtag Bunch o CAGS into our schedule again!

P.S....sorry Fleshy :(

Heroes, Terminator: TSCC and, my guilty pleasure, Desperate Housewives are my fall schedule for now. Winter will bring Lost and 24.

There's some other stuff I'd like to watch, but just can't fit more TV in with my work/grad school schedule and other hobbies like gaming, reading, watching movies etc. so I'm loathe to give any other shows a chance.

Shiiiit, Dmaul! Desperate Housewives started in 2004 as a "I'm watching it with my girlfriend" thing,...and slowly became an awesome show!

Same with Grey's Anatomy.....but then again....I just like the thick Mexican Girl on there!

Anyways, COD4 tonight, anyone?

I'm Heroes/Chuck/House (if I can ever catch up with the schedule!) and Lost/BSG when they come out :D ! I would like to get into Sarah Conner, but have a lot to catch up on!!

Argh to no free time anymore :bomb: !!

***deleted b/c who the fuck cares***

Honestly, I personally could do without any TV shows at all. Damn, putting this all down in text is pretty freaking scary how much TV is watched in our house but at least we have a DVR to really cut-down the time it takes to watch them (i.e. we don't watch them live)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never really gotten into the network shows. I enjoy cable shows a lot more. My favorites are Burn Notice, and Psych. I am going to watch TSCC as I picked up the season 1 dvd set as a fan of the movies. The exceptions are the Simpsons and Family Guy when they are new.

Edit: Looking in the thread there is one show I forgot, House is a very good show.

[quote name='dkreegz515']back to the topic... we should attempt to get all CAGers in the room next time we play... with out going to private[/quote]

Agreed, and if we have 12 or less let's try either Team Death Match or Hardcore Team Death Match rather than the much-dreaded Ground War. It would be the awesomest if we could get all of us in a Mercenary Team Death Match game.

Mercenary team death match may be hard to arrange since it usually works best having 1 party of 6 spam the other with invites. CAG on CAG hardcore team death match in ranked would be great though!

I wouldn't mind some headquarters either, don't think I've every played that mode with CAGs.

lol i actually have my own clantag CAG XD since i started getting my first prestige and i've been keeping that clan tag ever since. alway look for official CAG clan to join so add me or something guys.

If by clan you mean group of dudes who partake in homoerotic banter and excessive claymore usage and one girl then yeah, play with us tomorrow.

And by us I mean I'll be there come hell or high water.

Its a sausage festival.

As Dethklok would put it,

Skwisgaar: "Let's get out of here, this place is a total Sausage Festival..."

Toki: "But, I love Sausage Festival! Like in Vienna!"

Skwisgaar: "No..Toki, that was a sausage festival."

Toki: "Yeah, dat was good"

Skwisgaar: "Yeah. It was the vienna pork saus - um, no, this means that there's no good-looking ladies to put you-know-what intoside of them."

Toki: "The sausage?"

[quote name='dmaul1114']Mercenary team death match may be hard to arrange since it usually works best having 1 party of 6 spam the other with invites. CAG on CAG hardcore team death match in ranked would be great though![/quote]

We actually pulled that off a couple weeks? ago and it was a lot of fun! We had 12 people total and if I recall correctly, it may have even been hardcore :bouncy:!! It only took a couple tries to make it work, but it actually wasn't that difficult to do!

Welcome Luan!! Just send out a friend request to a bunch of people you see posting on here and mention CAG/COD and you'll get invites for the gaming when we're on. :D (I normally can't make Thursdays though :cry: ... but may make a brief appearance tonight ;)).

Great Idea .. ;)

image2.jpg

[quote name='Shan82']That was fun tonight guys! :bouncy: Just wishing we hadn't been royally slaughtered by the same team ... it's a good thing I was so on top of my game tonight ;) ![/QUOTE]

Hold on I'm sending an email right now.

[quote name='naes']I'm going to try to switch the PS3 night to Wednesday I think so I can play on the 360 on Thursday.[/QUOTE]That's the entire reason why I refused to schedule CoD4 on Thursday many times for PS3. ;) I try following the 360 schedule to to assure there's no major collision.

[quote name='Chase']Jonathan Mortimer Quincy Adams IV, will thou be'st getting the SOCOMs of Confrontationhood?[/quote]

Uh, possibly, what have you guys thought of the beta?

Khondor: Yep, i got 1 red ring(e74 error) :cry: Im supposed to get it back this week tho.

Dang, I didn't even know this group existed. I'll have to definitely hop on this next Thursday. It'll be nice to actually people with people who aren't completely random...

Well after tonight I can honesty say my COD4 addiction has been kicked.
Playing with Flesh, DarkTower, Hitman and Simon was fun as always but as for my gameplay, i was just going through the motions. For me, I believe its time to put this puppy to bed.
Saints Row 2 and Socom are next week, plus I still would like to finish Gears Co-Op before Gears2 hits, plus theres always TF2 ;) .
It was fun while it lasted, so thanks to all the CAGs that took the journey with Me

[quote name='Khondor']Well after tonight I can honesty say my COD4 addiction has been kicked.
Playing with Flesh, DarkTower, Hitman and Simon was fun as always but as for my gameplay, i was just going through the motions. For me, I believe its time to put this puppy to bed.
Saints Row 2 and Socom are next week, plus I still would like to finish Gears Co-Op before Gears2 hits, plus theres always TF2 ;) .
It was fun while it lasted, so thanks to all the CAGs that took the journey with Me[/QUOTE]

i know exactly how you feel, i played it tonight since one of my friends just got back from being gone for like 3 months and it still wasn't that much fun. i enjoyed playing with my friends that still play it basically nightly, but i was bored quick myself. i have felt this way ever since about the 6th prestige on my second time through, even with switching game types constantly. i have been taking a break from it for a couple of weeks and tried playing again, but i still had basically no competetion at all, so it became boring within a few games.

[quote name='Khondor']Well after tonight I can honesty say my COD4 addiction has been kicked.
It was fun while it lasted, so thanks to all the CAGs that took the journey with Me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know what you mean. I still have fun with it but it is getting to run it's course. If you ever need someone to finish gears with shoot me an invite. I don't think I ever beat it on co-op either. I didn't realize SR2 was that close. I'll have to pick that up and look for you on there.

However, I think it's safe to say that we've gotten $60 bucks worth out of COD4. :D

Guess most have given up on the COD Thursday. I can't believe we finally got a full group around midnight.

[quote name='cubs2321']However, I think it's safe to say that we've gotten $60 bucks worth out of COD4. :D[/quote]

I 2nd that!

It was fun while it lasted, so thanks to all the CAGs that took the journey with Me[/quote]

I'm also up for some GoW co-op since somehow a few months back my gamesave got "reset" (at least I still have my achievements) so I have to beat the game on regular to play thru on Hardcore....so, I'd love to play through on Hardcore co-op with someone.

COD4.....goodnight sweet prince, you gave us what we needed and more for months now even though you didn't give me that damn gold cross!

I agree, khondor and co... This game will forever rock, but it's time for something new!

Besides...after last nights 1-hour-long pre-game lobby chat, I've realized this game doesn't even work anymore!!! Heheehehe....I'll still play on occasion, but I'm looking at 1. Socom and 2. Gow2

I too know what you mean. I was looking forward to COD Thursday and got on around 10:00 eastern and just sucked it up royally. That combined with my current sickness led to an early night for me.

I'm getting Saint's Row 2 along with NBA Live and ______ next week at TRU so those games will be ruling my life for the month of October.

OK if we're done then I'm going to let a friend borrow the game. I'll have Gears, Halo 3, TF, NBA 2K9, NHL 09, Madden 09, and NCAA 09 on the 360 [also Timeshift, CoD 2/3, and PDZ :) ] and SOCOM, Warhawk, Buzz, SC IV, MGO, MLB The Show 08, and GT5 Prologue on the PS3 if anyone wants to play. I will have Gears 2 and CoD 5 day 1 on both.

I simply wasn't available until a little before midnight central time (10 here) but it was fun once we actually got in a game.

I got invited right after Khondor left. Sadness.

bread's done
Back