CAG Gaming Group - Gears of War Wednesdays (Next Night 8/8)

ThatDamnDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
The Basics
Gaming on Xbox Live can be a bit of a mixed bag, especially with Gears of War. The prospect of running into team stacking, a ridiculously racist 13 year-old or general homophobia is pretty high. So, to get around that, enter the CAG Gaming Group. What started out as just compiling a list of XBL names to help CAGs populate their friend lists has expanded into a series of themed days during the week so that those that are into their Xbox 360s can quickly and easily find CAGs to play with.

Wednesday will be Gears of War Wednesday each week and we'll meet up to have a few rounds of action with some decent people that are in it to have fun.

Logistics
I will be hosting many of the early events just so that we can make sure that someone will be there that has kept track of all the tags of people that have shown interest in playing. On the chance that we expand outside of one room (8 people including myself) then we'll need someone else to start up a fresh room and send out some invites. We can figure that out as we go along, no big deal.

Each week this thread will include chit chat about Gears and people saying that they're interested in playing that week. For people that show interest (or those that have historically played with us), I'll compile a list in the OP so that everyone knows everyone else that is playing and can be sure to get an invite. Piece of cake.

Next Gears of War Wednesday
August 8th - 9 PM EDT
Maps: Up for discussion
Game Type: Up for discussion

So, let's get to it. We can talk about what maps to use, what game type to use (really whether people like Annex or not) and whatever. As I stated in the original Gaming Group thread, let's just all agree not to be assholes and we'll get along fine.

My work schedule generally has me closing the store on Wednesdays and off on Thursdays, so I can play late. I'll usually be available between 11 or 11:30pm to 3am EDT.*

I was not familiar with the difference between EST and EDT. Thanks, Wikipedia!

I'm down with it, as long as you don't use the DL maps.

I already have Dave on my friends list, I'll add the rest of you guys tonight.

I can't wait.

But if we have more than 8 people, we'll need a few rooms.

I'll update the OP after I get off the phone, but just as a reference, we will never use maps that people have to pay for on Gears Wednesdays. The goal is to include as many CAGs as possible, so we wouldn't want to exclude anyone that way.

per usual, I'm down to play. I'll be on sometime around 7pm PDT.

also, my connection's not fast enough to host a second room, else I'd offer.

Ok, I updated the OP with a list of interested players.

Ganrob, what's your XBL name? Same as your CAG name?

Also, I may be late tonight, so if there's someone that could for sure be on at 9 to set up a room and get people involved that are interested in playing, that'd be great. Oddly enough I have a date and we all know that she was in the driver's seat on picking the day and time, so I couldn't much argue with planning it for Wednesday. I should be on later, but if someone could be there at 9, that'd be great.

Also, I'm shocked this post didn't get utterly buried under the mountain of E3 stuff.

I'll be getting off work at about 11 PM central, and I'll definitely be on after that. As for games/maps, can we please play a round of Execution on War Machine? :D

So here is a current list of people I added for tonight, or for Wednesdays in General:
Azumangaman
BOT LEATHERFACE
CAGKendal
CokeCola
DaLastDon25
Gargoyle2500
Jaded256
JCEnder
kromekoran
Linkpwns
MGD Hunterr
mkot34
OneLucky7
PSIPHI13
QuantamPulse
ThatDamnDave

Great, glad to see a lot of people interested. Like I said before, I'm going to be late to the party, so if someone could volunteer to run the room at 9 PM EDT, that would be great. It would just entail hosting and sending out invites. Thanks much.

Yeah, that was pretty good. We kept a full 8 for a long time there. So, we'll do it again next week. Shame that Annex sucked bad but I guess when there are uneven teams it's very apparent in that mode.

Despite having to abruptly leave and the short time that I was able to log last night (connection errors aside), it was a good time. I enjoyed the territory mode the best. This game is much more fun when teams are balanced and free of the 12 year old terrors that roam online.

I'm looking forward to next week!

[quote name='CokeCola']Good stuff, but what was the deal with that other group?

I'll bet you all have goatees.[/QUOTE]

I jumped on as soon as I got back to my 360, and your room was full. Casey's room was joinable, so we just started filling that one up. Good games! I hope this becomes a regular shindig.

[quote name='CokeCola']Good stuff, but what was the deal with that other group?

I'll bet you all have goatees.[/quote]

I have one and a mohawk. That is right, a mohawked, goatee having weirdo chainsawed ya! :D Will do this again. Though I won't be able to be on as late as I was tonight.

I would, but my better half is almost here and we are going to be eating dinner soon. She also hates when I play video games around her when she gets here. :(

[quote name='Kendal']I have one and a mohawk. That is right, a mohawked, goatee having weirdo chainsawed ya! :D Will do this again. Though I won't be able to be on as late as I was tonight.[/QUOTE]
But you were playing with us. Wait a minute... I have a goatee. We were the evil parallel universe room *gasp*!

I haven't played GoW in a long while, AND i suck at the game.

I've got the day off tomorrow, so I'll definitely be interested.

Great, glad to see some new people interested. It'll be the same drill as before. I'll get on at 9 EDT and send out some invites. When the room fills up, someone else needs to take it upon themselves to start up a room (hopefully someone with a good connection) and go from there. I'm playing with a full friends list right now, so I'm going to try and clear space to handle new people getting interested. Stupid friend list limit.

I'll try and keep up with the people that post in this thread tonight. My friends list is at the limit, so it might take some juggling for invites, but I'll work on it. All are welcome.

I'll be on - and ready to get exploded into teeny bits.

I'll play somewhat like a semi-noob, as in I know how to handle the controls, but if you tell me your location according to the spawn location of a weapon, I won't know where the hell you are.

bread's done
Back