CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

Must be that 24H timer box in the Haunted place. I'll keep that in mind and hit them all up on a daily basis.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Also, the riding skill is on sale for 48 points! Wow! Does that character then have that skill forever when bought?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but each character will need to purchase the skill individually.

[quote name='Draekon']Yes, but each character will need to purchase the skill individually.[/QUOTE]

Well, I only have one character so that doesn't matter.

[quote name='Draekon']Must be that 24H timer box in the Haunted place. I'll keep that in mind and hit them all up on a daily basis.

Yes, but each character will need to purchase the skill individually.[/QUOTE]

I found two areas with boxes...the "poorly hidden box" which I think is in the basement and then 3 boxes in the "mystery room" (or some name like that). Did you find any other boxes?

I still need to pay more attention next time I'm in there to learn my way around because I wasn't able to finish the "quick" quest to visit the 4 different rooms before I ran out of time.

I *think* there are five chests. Since I know my way around the place like the back of my hand now, I'll doublecheck after I help Bigpar with his Master Cooking quest.

Well, I ran through and only found four chests. The one in the basement is the one on the 1D timer whereas the three in Mystery Room are on 1H timers. So it should be the chest in the basement, behind that fake win barrel wall.

[quote name='Draekon']I *think* there are five chests. Since I know my way around the place like the back of my hand now, I'll doublecheck after I help Bigpar with his Master Cooking quest.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot

I'm thinking of choosing the Historian craft for my hunter. Apparently, they can create oils that make arrows do extra damage, scrolls that give all sorts of buffs and dyes, which I would assume would be a great money-maker as I can sell them at the auction house.

Thoughts? A good choice for a hunter?

[quote name='axylfyre']I am a new player looking to get into the kinship, i am Fergophant/Elf-LoreMaster in Riddlemark.[/QUOTE]

Update: Already added to Kinship.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?329700-Ale-Association-and-Inn-League-Repeatables-Guide

To anyone who still wants to get Kindred with Ale Association or Inn League. You still should have time to complete it before the festival goes away and get your Kindred mount (Goat for AA; Pony/[Horse?] for IL). It's doable in 7 days if you do the chain listed here and the single daily Haunted Burrow AA/IL related quest.

EDIT: We also need more members, so if you find any Kinless that you've played with. Feel free to invite them no strings attached.

TODAY ONLY - Great deal on LOTRO expansion packs - 50% off

Happy Veteran's Day! 50% off Mines Of Moria and Siege Of Mirkwood Expansions, the Dusky Nimblefoot Goat, Valour Virtues, the Hero-pose and Sword-salute Emotes, and XP Boosts! Click here to read more!

Happy 11/11! NEW Turbine Point Bundle! 1,111 Turbine Points for $11.11! Click here to read more!

[quote name='m_d_amore']so nows the time to get mirkwood huh[/QUOTE]

I would say so...especially since Mirkwood is only available via the in-game store. And the TP offer isn't bad if all you need is enough points to buy Mirkwood (though it isn't as good as the 6,900 TP for $49.99 hey had)

After the November update, they're making the expansions free to enter and then breaking them up into quest packs and selling them individually (Which may cost more overall, I don't know). So it's likely more beneficial now to pick them up than it would be down the road if you're planning on playing a while.

Of course you should still pick up a physical copy of Moria for ~$10.

Well Im downloading it. I played when it first came out and after reading you guys are enjoying it Im going to give it another shot.

Still interested in playing but on a bit of a hiatus due to moving. I'll probably start back up after the holidays.

Looks like I had won 500 TP from that XFire contest. Roughly 4% chance to win a prize with another 3.5% or so to win Gold or Silver. I guess my luck was only strong enough for Bronze.

I used to be a paid subscriber, but I stopped playing about a year and a half ago. I installed it again last night and patched it up. I'll probably create a character on the server that you guys are on and see if I can get back into the game. My characters are still on Brandywine, where I played before. If I get back into it, I may pay to transfer my lvl 60 Mini over. I don't have any of the content after Moria though.

Are any of you guys still playing this? I patched it up last night and played around with it for a bit. I made a character on your server, since the rest of mine are on Brandywine.

[quote name='Lokki']Are any of you guys still playing this? I patched it up last night and played around with it for a bit. I made a character on your server, since the rest of mine are on Brandywine.[/QUOTE]

I took a break from playing when the holidays started but have been meaning to get back into soon. I've got a Lvl 38 Champion and three alts that are around Lvl 18.

I think the Kinship still has a handful of active players. The CAG players have dropped off enough that I believe they have been recruiting anyone that might be a good fit for a casual Kinship (not just CAGs).

Let me know your toon's name and when you'll be online and I can invite you to the kinship. My main toon is "Darkon", so add me as a friend and shoot me a tell if you see me come online.

I haven't had the time to really play this. I jumped on a couple times, but haven't really had the time to play since I got my new job. I've moved more to single player as I can drop it at a moments notice except for that short spurt where I played a fair amount of the new WoW expansion for a couple weeks.

If anybody needs anything though, they can PM me on here and I can always reinstall. I have a max level Rune-Keeper.

I'll be coming back to this game in about 1 month. I have a book to finish and then I will have free time for a few to enjoy it. It was a great and fun run I had with this and other CAG members.

I've been so busy with work lately, haven't had much time to login. They are giving out bonus XP and anniversary barter tokens this weekend, so might be worth putting in a few hours for some freebies.

I plan on getting back in this weekend since they are doing the whole 5% xp boost for monster kills. I am not sure for how long I will be playing the game after it though. I do like playing it but I have so many other games to play, school, and my blog to update (which involves me playing new games and reviewing them).

Who knows though I might be feeling it enough to play for a couple weeks.

I've been playing with my old Kinship on Brandywine. My lvl 60 mini sitting there was too tempting to not be playing it.

I'll at least get my toon on Riddermark in the Kinship so I can hang out with some CAGs as well.

If anyone has a toon on Brandywine, you'll find me as Keenen on there.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']So I bought the Moria expansion...whens a good time to activate it? I know it comes with a month of VIP so I don't wanna waste it[/QUOTE]

I used it when my character was ready to get a mount because once they get a mount they will always have one. That was right around level 18ish so I would say get what characters you want close to that level and then use it.

Other than that it doesn't really matter. Just make sure you make all the characters you want to have later during VIP because they will then retain certain things after going back to premium.

Kaltic makes a good point that if you are going to want some alts, you should create all the free ones you want and level them up to around Lvl 18 - 20. Then, when you add the MoM expansion, you can add 2 more alts (that you get with the MoM expansion) and level them all up to 20 so you can get the riding skill for free (I though you need to be Lvl 20 to get the riding skill for free, but it might be lower).

The most important thing is to get all the alts you will want created and leveled up to the riding skill level while you are VIP so you can permanently unlock things like the riding skill, gold cap and inventory bags for them even after you revert back to Premium.

While you also get 2 more char slots with VIP, there's no real point in creating toons with them unless you'll be staying at VIP. You won't permanently lose the toons created with those extra slots, but you won't be able to use them if you are not VIP. Then again, you can always use TPs to buy extra char slots, but again, you'll want to to have all those toons created while VIP so they get get the gold/inventory caps permanently unlocked.

If you don't care about alts, just add the MoM code around lvl 15 - 20 and when you'll have 30 days where you can get the most out of the VIP benefits.

[quote name='Lokki']I've been playing with my old Kinship on Brandywine. My lvl 60 mini sitting there was too tempting to not be playing it.

I'll at least get my toon on Riddermark in the Kinship so I can hang out with some CAGs as well.

If anyone has a toon on Brandywine, you'll find me as Keenen on there.[/QUOTE]

Now is probably one of the worst times to try and play with some CAGs. There were roughly 10+ characters that haven't been played for 3 months (some could be alts because 2 of mine are in that list) and while I was playing today two people left the kinship.

I don't think it is a very active kinship, not like it was when it started, and I am not placing all my cards on it not being active because of the Super Bowl.

[quote name='Kaltic']Now is probably one of the worst times to try and play with some CAGs. There were roughly 10+ characters that haven't been played for 3 months (some could be alts because 2 of mine are in that list) and while I was playing today two people left the kinship.

I don't think it is a very active kinship, not like it was when it started, and I am not placing all my cards on it not being active because of the Super Bowl.[/QUOTE]

Well, if anyone wants to make the jump over to Brandywine, I'm sure that I could get you into my Kinship. They have been around since the game launched. They aren't hard core, but they do raid a bit. They just play the game casually and for fun. They are a great bunch of people though. Kinship chat isn't very politically correct though. :whistle2:#

Now, even though I did say this Kinship is pretty empty I would still like to make this note. If anyone would actually like to join then I plan on playing most evenings (almost all of them). So jump onto the server and send a tell to Kalorin, or Keladrian, and I will add you.

I plan on playing until the game becomes boring to me, which could be soon or in a year who knows..., and would love the company of other members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks guys! I'll activate it when I find some free time to play a lot haha

Also, I still have the tome or whatever that gives you double experience or something like that? Are skirmishes the best time to use them?

Then kinship only has 4-5 players that have played in the last 30 days not including alts. And two of those were additions from outside of CAG. Most have not played in several months.

Once I hit 65 on my main character I moved him over to another kinship to have easier access to groups for high level content. I still have 3 of my alts in the kinship that are around lvl 20 or so that I use for crafting. I wouldn't mind playing with some more CAGs but it was complete empty for a very long time.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Then kinship only has 4-5 players that have played in the last 30 days not including alts. And two of those were additions from outside of CAG. Most have not played in several months.

Once I hit 65 on my main character I moved him over to another kinship to have easier access to groups for high level content. I still have 3 of my alts in the kinship that are around lvl 20 or so that I use for crafting. I wouldn't mind playing with some more CAGs but it was complete empty for a very long time.[/QUOTE]

This is true just from my experience from Friday till now. Also I was wondering where our Kinship leader went. One of the first things I did when I got on again was look through the player list to see who had been playing and your character was completely gone... it made me sad :cry:.

I actually could use some people around the 32 level range though because 90% of my North Downs quests are fellowship quests and I don't have any quest packs after that area so I am stuck playing lower level characters. Well I am stuck because I am a CAG and I am waiting for the quest packs to go on sale :D.

Just in case anyone wanted to know, Players in Riddermark are currently recieving 3% extra experiences because of the people in the PVMP area.

Wish I would have kept up with this more. I played for a good 10-15 hours one weekend and then I stopped. I'd play more, but I'm trying to work through my backlog and playing an MMO isn't going to help!

Problem is, I've got a brand new copy of the Mines of Moria Collector's Edition that I bought before all the prices got jacked up when the game went F2P. I honestly don't think I'll ever use it. I suppose I could probably sell it...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wish I would have kept up with this more. I played for a good 10-15 hours one weekend and then I stopped. I'd play more, but I'm trying to work through my backlog and playing an MMO isn't going to help![/QUOTE]

Multiplayer games are definitely the thorn in a backlogs side but if you ever reach a point that you want to play then come back. I know that my backlog was one of the reasons I stopped playing, but I think 50+ games finished in one year is a good reason to take a break and play LOTRO.

[quote name='Kaltic']Multiplayer games are definitely the thorn in a backlogs side but if you ever reach a point that you want to play then come back. I know that my backlog was one of the reasons I stopped playing, but I think 50+ games finished in one year is a good reason to take a break and play LOTRO.[/QUOTE]

50+ games "finished" (whether that is full completed or played until you didn't want to play any more) is pretty damn impressive. Averaging one per week...damn!

I too have been focused on my console/handheld backlog the last couple of months, but that only means I've completed 3 or 4 games which is probably a record for me.

I've been jumping on LOTRO for a bit here and there the last couple of weeks when they were doing the lotteries. Would like to get back on, but really wanted to finish off a couple more console games first. But still tempted.

I have a Lvl 38 main toon, so I might be able to help out on some of those fellowship quests, but I'm not sure how low of a level quest I can do and still get credit. Still, I can probably help you out a bit if we're online at the same time.

I'm still VIP until the 14th, so I probably should make the most of it this weekend. I was going to drop back to Premium so I could pick up quest packs for my current level if/when they go on sale since I can't buy them while VIP. I also have a few 60-day cards I picked up for about $9 each that I'll use when I have more time to focus on the game, but I'll probably buy some Lvl 30 - 50 quest packs with existing TPs to keep be busy while non-VIP.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']50+ games "finished" (whether that is full completed or played until you didn't want to play any more) is pretty damn impressive. Averaging one per week...damn![/QUOTE]

I would say that most of the games averaged about 8 hours to beat, but there were some like King's Bounty that was roughly 40 hours and then Trine which was like 4.

And yes these were games played to the completion of the story. However I did count 3 games as started in 09 but finished in 2010 so it would make my total for games started and completed in 2010, 49. For a complete list check out my blog at Days of Gaming.

Also I am level 37 now so most of my quests range from 33+ and are in Dol Dinen, which shouldn't be too far from where you are.

I sort of jump back and forth between LOTRO and DDO. When I get bored of one I'll play the other for a few weeks. I have a lifetime sub in LOTRO and a premium sub in DDO with all the quest packs unlocked. So I don't spend any money on either game at this point.

Not sure if this was said earlier in the thread, but if you join LOTRO you get 250 turbine points for free. I am pretty sure this is newer so if you have any friends interested in the game add that as an incentive.

A few things are currently taking place. You can get purchase double turbine points. Also the Steed of the Night is on sale and will be leaving the store soon (I think it is over priced). And of course the sale for the next week includes Mines of Moria expansion/quest packs and the Mirkwood quest pack.

The steed will be gone by the 21st and the rest of it lasts until the 24th.

Also if anyone is looking to get into LOTRO or knows somebody that might, I do have a 30 day VIP code that only works for new accounts and would be glad to sell it to them.

[quote name='Kaltic']Not sure if this was said earlier in the thread, but if you join LOTRO you get 250 turbine points for free. I am pretty sure this is newer so if you have any friends interested in the game add that as an incentive.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm....I was thinking of setting up a second account in case my wife wants to play sometime (unlikely, but never say never), so I might create an account now to get the free TPs. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Kaltic']A few things are currently taking place. You can get purchase double turbine points. Also the Steed of the Night is on sale and will be leaving the store soon (I think it is over priced). And of course the sale for the next week includes Mines of Moria expansion/quest packs and the Mirkwood quest pack.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, while I'd like that mount, even with the discount that's pretty expensive. Plus, it is only for one character, not your account.

The double bonus TPs is a good deal, especially for the $49.99 package with gets you 6,900 TPs (instead of the standard 5,000). Good way to get enough TPs to buy most of the quest packs and other content if you don't want to pay for the monthly subscription.

bread's done
Back