CAG Socom Thread-SONY SHUTTING DOWN SERVERS AUGUST 31 for S1-CA Tue&Sun10pmEST

Man, I miss getting on at night and hopping into some Socom, even if it was Socom 4. Oh well, guess we'll just be picking this back up when another Socom game is announced.

For now, it's been PC gaming for me. A little Battlefield Bad Company 2 most days and getting my rig and skills ready for Battlefield 3.

I'm not sure if anyone here will be playing Battlefield 3 on the ps3, but I've never played a battlefield game and will give this one a try. I also really miss getting on a night and playing a few games with the CAG clan. Socom4 has to be one of my all time biggest gaming disappointments.

It is #1 in my book. Especially after the Confrontation debacle. Nothing I want more than a real Socom game to come out and see us get back together. I'm in the market for a gaming pc to have CS and TF2 as options b/c I haven't played anything other than NHL11 in months. It's sad what Zipper did, and that Socom Source mod folded after the idiot founder insulted the Socom community for not supporting him. I'm becoming increasingly worried that Socom2hd will be released for the damn Vita and not ps3 as well. It's an all time low for the Socom name and the fanbase is frustrated and fed up with being bitch slapped repeatedly

Naw, Socom 4 is horrible. It just took time to realize it. I was blinded by the name Socom on the box, but now I know. So sad, I thought my summer was going to be Socom filled :(

So I may have goofed on my podcast when making fun of this game ... Was voice chat actually not in the game or the beta and have to be patched in later or am I crazy? I could have sworn I read that in here somewhere but I could be wrong.

Voice chat has been in the game since beta/launch, but it is the worst attempt at online communication ever. Hit up on Dpad (thus removing thumbs from sticks) and the mic opens for ten seconds, with no on/off beep or notification. Its a joke and the fact that Zipper started headset communication for Playstation they should be ashamed of themselves.

It was broken for awhile after the game was out with no explanation from zipper. When in the clan challenge lobby you were unable to communicate with anyone and sometimes that would spill over into the game. It made it even more difficult to find and get into a game.

It's very sad. I'm pretty sure they'll make the Socom2HD for Vita but they'll release it on PSN or something so you can play it on PS3 so they can get those sales. I think since most of us spent the full retail price for Socom 4 (and some even spent more for the Move/gun bundle) we all wanted the game to be good so we kept playing.

I'm not sure either if anybody will be playin' BF3 on PS3, I won't be. I've invested a bit into my computer now so that it runs everything maxed out, another reason why I haven't played much on PS3. Smog, you're more than welcome to hit me up when investing for a PC gaming rig for help as well. I've been playing online with Option a couple days a week in Bad Company 2, filled that void for lack of Socom.

Yeah, was pretty surprised by this announcement. I wonder how that'll translate on console. It's using the "Portal 2 source engine", which is just CS Source with some added shaders. Still, if it gets all of us back together to do some teamwork and enjoy gamin', it'll be sweet! In the meantime, we still have CS and whatever games on pc.

I got Counter Strike Source a while back during a Steam sale included with something else but have never tried it. I wouldn't mind joining you guys since I got rid of SOCOM 4 a couple months ago after it pissed me off for the last time.

My steam name is "fleshribbon" just like pretty much everywhere else. I've been playing a lot of different stuff on my PC in the evenings lately so I'd likely be online if you hit me up.

I miss you guys :cry:

Anyone up for a Confrontation reunion tonight?

Also I see that Zipper is putting Demo into S4, too bad its only like 6 months too late, I know at least gold and I no longer own the game.

[quote name='dotCody']It's been almost two years since I last played Confrontation. How is SOCOM 4?[/QUOTE]

Don't bother. It isn't even worth the $25 that Best Buy has it for.

I would love to get on Con this weekend sometime. It's funny how zipper abandoned the Socom formula but the DLC is all classic stuff. They are such idiots. I own the game still, if demo is not free I'm trading it in. I haven't played it since July

[quote name='j-cart']Don't bother. It isn't even worth the $25 that Best Buy has it for.[/QUOTE]

Ah...thanks for letting me know. I was kind of expecting it to be shit. So much for PS3 exclusives... :whistle2:\"

[quote name='smiggity']I would love to get on Con this weekend sometime. It's funny how zipper abandoned the Socom formula but the DLC is all classic stuff. They are such idiots. I own the game still, if demo is not free I'm trading it in. I haven't played it since July[/QUOTE]

Since July as well. I haven't opened it up for awhile.
There's so many new games coming out that will take up my time. I'm putting this on Amazon for sale soon.

Early 2011 I was hyped for Socom Summer. Stupid Zipper changing up the formula, we wanted SoCrack, not SoSoCrappyCrack.

Also, why the hell would I pay more money for classic game modes?

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']so which of us socom caggers will suck it up and buy mw3? i'm one of em :/[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting Battlefield and see how that is. I've never played any of the battlefield games with the exception of the psn 1943. I'll most likely get MW3 since I traded in my copy of Black Ops and Killzone. I wish the uncharted mp didn't take so many shots to bring someone down. I'd love to play some games with you and any of the other Socom clan again.

Only 2 days to Batman!!!

Battlefield and MW3 will be extremely similar mechanically speaking, controls wise will be the only difference. I'll be getting both. The good thing about them both being similar is you can migrate from one to the other without suffering from lack of skill, just have to get over the controller lay out.

bunk.gif

[quote name='Cigarl']I plan on getting Battlefield and see how that is. I've never played any of the battlefield games with the exception of the psn 1943. I'll most likely get MW3 since I traded in my copy of Black Ops and Killzone. I wish the uncharted mp didn't take so many shots to bring someone down. I'd love to play some games with you and any of the other Socom clan again.

Only 2 days to Batman!!![/QUOTE]

bad company 2 was a letdown compared to the first one, and i get the same vibe in bf3, so thats a skip.
yeah uncharted woulda been it if it wasnt for that, so people just resort to run close and melee, or drop a grenade when their close and jump away.

[quote name='metaly']
bunk.gif
[/QUOTE]
lmao, the state gaming has been causes this.

i loved cod4, ill just wish part 3 is anything closer to that then the crap that mw2 was

I'm getting MW3, unfortunately, on dat PeeCee.

*looks at socom collecting dust*

Battlefield looks like a no this time. Though I do like the vehicles, large maps and teamwork based gameplay. The part with no steam killed it for me. Also I think the controls for CoD games was always "tighter" especially since they are run and gun.

[quote name='option.iv']I'm getting MW3, unfortunately, on dat PeeCee.

Battlefield looks like a no this time. Though I do like the vehicles, large maps and teamwork based gameplay. The part with no steam killed it for me. Also I think the controls for CoD games was always "tighter" especially since they are run and gun.[/QUOTE]

The Origin use on the PC worked pretty well. But having another gaming client is annoying.

So socom 4 is pretty much dead. If they wanted people to buy the DLC, it should have been out last week.

[quote name='option.iv']I'm getting MW3, unfortunately, on dat PeeCee.

Battlefield looks like a no this time. Though I do like the vehicles, large maps and teamwork based gameplay. The part with no steam killed it for me. Also I think the controls for CoD games was always "tighter" especially since they are run and gun.[/QUOTE]

dedicated servers :drool:

This thread's alive again!
If anybody actually is getting Battlefield 3 on PC, let me know or shoot me an add on Origin. I was a die-hard Battlefield 2 player back in the day and still play Bad Company 2, now on PC.
As for Modern Warfare 3, that'll be a PS3 purchase since I still put Black Ops on every now and then to jump in some games with buddies. Call of Duty games are some of the easiest games to win rounds or get top kills, and I'm not braggin. That game is just so poorly done and once you figure out what works for you, you tear everybody up.

What is this Socom 4 DLC in the store? Demolition pack? I made the mistake of buying forgetting that NO ONE, even me, plays S4 now. Grand...

[quote name='nfs3freak']This thread's alive again!
If anybody actually is getting Battlefield 3 on PC, let me know or shoot me an add on Origin. I was a die-hard Battlefield 2 player back in the day and still play Bad Company 2, now on PC.
As for Modern Warfare 3, that'll be a PS3 purchase since I still put Black Ops on every now and then to jump in some games with buddies. Call of Duty games are some of the easiest games to win rounds or get top kills, and I'm not braggin. That game is just so poorly done and once you figure out what works for you, you tear everybody up.

What is this Socom 4 DLC in the store? Demolition pack? I made the mistake of buying forgetting that NO ONE, even me, plays S4 now. Grand...[/QUOTE]

Lol I'll play with if you want to Gameshare, I can't get cards from Amazon now or I'd try and get it myself. I'm pretty siked to see demo back and hopefully it kicks this game back to life.

What's even worse about the DLC is that anyone who buys the game new now is supposed to get a voucher to download it for free. Zipper is really showing love for the SOCOM fans who paid full price early on. :bs:

Dwam. I haven't played the DLC since I haven't seen anybody on playing the game lately. I doubt I'll even try the DLC out. I hate it when I see something, buy it, and realize I shouldn't have bought it. Socom 4...you let me down. Oh well, I've got 4 days and then I'll be ok.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']What's even worse about the DLC is that anyone who buys the game new now is supposed to get a voucher to download it for free. Zipper is really showing love for the SOCOM fans who paid full price early on. :bs:[/QUOTE]

This. fuck Zipper.

Well I managed to get the DLC and its actually pretty freaking good.

I haven't had trouble finding a game and its actually enjoyable, the maps/skins are also a nice touch too. Feels much more like the earlier Socoms.

Well if any of the old guys still have a copy of Socom 4...maybe we should try and get a game in. I'd be willing to get some in today even.

[quote name='nfs3freak']Well if any of the old guys still have a copy of Socom 4...maybe we should try and get a game in. I'd be willing to get some in today even.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be playing some demo today.

[quote name='Mad39er']I may play for a bit. I thought Socom Pro was supposed to be all the DLC, has that changed?[/QUOTE]

Apparently not.

[quote name='Mad39er']I may play for a bit. I thought Socom Pro was supposed to be all the DLC, has that changed?[/QUOTE]

I'm somehow not surprised that Socom Pro isn't all the dlc...there's no way they'd charge 10 bucks for the demo pack and release it free with the Socom Pro since it did so poorly.
Msg me on PSN or even shoot me a twitter if u get on, Mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back