CAGbag: Get your questions answered on CAGcast

I listen to a lot of video game podcasts, and no one ever brings up ID@Xbox games. Recent games like Pneuma: Breath of Life, Roundabout, Blue Estate (A kinect light gun game) & The Escapists are all console exclusive games not on the Wii U or PS4. Why has Microsoft not showcased these games on the dashboard in order to highlight something that console gamers can only get on the Xbox One or have a promotion like the old Summer of Xbox Live Arcade campaign? Is it bad marketing? Should Microsoft bring back Xbox Live Arcade?

Hey Cheapy,

Any interest in the upcoming "Project Cars?"  It looks like it should be solid contender in the same realm of Forza and Gran Turismo.  The career mode seems fairly robust...or at least that's what it appears so far prior to release.  I've been waiting for a solid racer on PS4 for some time now.

CheapyD, which Best Buy do you go to? If you go to the one on 5th Avenue and 43rd, you should check out the BookOff on 45 and 6th. You can find a lot of interesting crap there.

Have any of you been playing MH 4 or the re-release of Majora's Mask?  What do you think about them so far?  Thinking about getting both.

Cheapy, I'm going to Tokyo.  Any recommendations for things to see?  Heard from Drew on the bombcast about the Robot Cafe.  Was curious about the 8-4 cafe after listening to 8-4 play but sounds like its developers only.  I heard Den-Den town in Osaka is actually better than Akihabara now for game related stuff.  So I think I'll stick to that for all skeevy figure UFO catcher related activities (also video games).  I have been listening to a lot of old podcasts lately so am tempted to just go see what the hell Tokyo American club looks like considering how often you talked about it.  

I'm curious about what's the delay for the CAGcast app for Windows Phone. Is it the developer? Is the certification process complex? Is it all Shipwreck's fault? Not nagging, just wondering what's the holdup.

P.S. At GDC Microsoft talked about opening the Xbox One to Universal apps. Any chance of a CAGcast app on Xbox?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

Love the show. Quickly running out of space on the XB1 and was hoping you could suggest an external drive.

Thanks,

Zen

I dont know if you covered this in an earlier Cagcast, but

Question for the for Cheapy and Ship... What cpu processor's are in your desktops?   

2. Have either of  you checked out Subnautica on Steam? thoughts? 

Hey Wombat, Cheapy, What is the best advice you can give a new parent-to-be? Got any tips or tricks to being a great or effective parent? I have my first kid due next month! Thanks!
Guys can I help with this? Over the course of the next month: Nap Randomly. Leave your house spontaneously without having to carry 42 things. Wake up and just lay in your bed without having to immediately jump up to make a bottle or change a diaper. Eat slowly at your favorite restaurant (babies make you rush through things - especially meals). Most importantly, prepare yourself by realizing that you'll be doing these things for the last time in a long time because the baby will always come first.

Have you guys watched any of sonys new tv show powers? The psn exclusive show ? Do you like it?
I watched the first episode the other day. I didn't hate the show, but I did think the special effects were incredibly cheesy and poorly done. The first episode was interesting enough to keep me around until the end, but I have to watch anymore episodes. I am also interested to hear what Cheapy and the gang think about it. Definitely no where near the levels of greatness that Flash and Arrow have reached.

Could a VR arcade be successful? A lot of these VR experiences I see or hear about seem like better small attractions rather than fully realized video games that takes hours to complete.

Could a VR arcade be successful? A lot of these VR experiences I see or hear about seem like better small attractions rather than fully realized video games that takes hours to complete.
The problem with that is arcades in the United States are pretty much dead now. It's rare to come across an actual arcade machine in a lot of areas let alone a full arcade. If you remember previous attempts at this with stuff like Beach Head (I think that was the games name) where you put on a big pull down visor/helmet deal and stood on a circular pad that moved to play a very terrible mech/tank game. When I was younger Disney had something called DisneyQuest and they had an early VR game as well that you played with multiple people involving sword fighting, it was kinda neat.

First off, Congrats on 400 shows!

I have a couple of questions.

First, think back to Oct. 2005, almost 10 years ago, when you did the first CAGcast. I know Ship wasn't part of CAG in 2005, but I want to include Shipwreck too. What are some things in gaming that a 10 year younger Cheapy, Wombat or Ship would have never seen coming 10 years down the road, with regards to hardware (consoles & peripherals), services or types of games? If that's too specific or limiting, you can also include PC, mobile or other gaming and even movie/TV show stuff if you like.

Second, when you started the CAGcast, how long did you honestly think it would go? (# of episodes or time).

Did you think you would make it 400 shows or close to 10 years.

Last question with a big lead-in:

I have emailed each of you individually over the years for one thing or another and I'm sure I mentioned this to at least Wombat & Cheapy, but I think it bears repeating here considering the occasion. I don't know if you guys realize this, but your fans & listeners think of you as their honest to goodness, friends, and for some (especially those that have been listening to you for several years) may even think of you as family. I know I do. Heck, we heard about your entire 9 years in Japan and literally watched your son, Tai, grow up before our very eyes. We know a lot about your wives and trials & tribulations with you kids (you all seem to be great parents BTW so kudos), like with Wombats kids, Sabrina & Elliott & Ship with baby Emiline. Or other things like Ship renovating his basement and Wombat surviving floods & storms.

I feel honored to have gotten to know and shared in the lives of these three friends, with very different lives & personalities, but whom I've never even met personally. Some CAGs have gotten to meet you at some events like meetups & E3, etc. I just want you all to keep that in mind that when we email you or if we ever meet you in person, and seem to come off a little too friendly or personal, it's just because we feel like we know you already.

Just for shits & giggles, can you share a funny story or two of when something like this happened to you in the past at a CAG meetup or E3, where someone came off weird, creepy, or just a little too friendly because they talked to you or treated you like their old, long-time buddy?

Thanks guy! Looking forward to #500 in 2017.

Congrats on 400 guys! I recentely downloaded the CAGcast app on my iPhone and have noticed that the episodes frequently restart from the beginning. I play them from my car via blue tooth and I'm usually driving whilst listening. I was wondering if you guys have had this same problem. Also where do the downloaded episodes go to? Thanks

Congrats on 400 guys! I recentely downloaded the CAGcast app on my iPhone and have noticed that the episodes frequently restart from the beginning. I play them from my car via blue tooth and I'm usually driving whilst listening. I was wondering if you guys have had this same problem. Also where do the downloaded episodes go to? Thanks

Has the video game deal portion of the podcast been replaced with gloating about how much expensive sh!t shipwreck and cheapy have been buying? Perhaps you should change the name of this site to richassgamer.com.

I feel it's only going to get worse when shipwreck starts going down the basement renovation "rabbit hole."

2 questions.

1) When was the first time you guys mentioned that Nintendo should license IOS games?  I feel like you've been saying it for 2+ years.

2) How big is the parquet area in Ship's basement for NBA Baller Beats?  I assume its at least 10x10.

Thanks guys

You guys mention video games when you get them, but seldom ever bring those games up again. I'm about your age (38) and I rarely play anything through to completion anymore; I was wondering if you were the same. So for kicks...

For each of these franchises, would you guys go around the table and say the most recent entry (console or portable) that you actually finished?

Call of Duty:

Zelda:

Halo:

Mario (platformers only):

Final Fantasy:

Anything from the Tom Clancy brand:

Love the show, guys. Been listening for years, and I appreciate the many, many hours of your time.

I got a great one.

What is up with companies having the BALLS to charge for season passes now and not included more acheevos?  I feel that ok I might be an acheevo/trophy whore, but unless it's a fighting game it feels like a lazy thing to do. Destiny's SP didn't do it and pissed me off, now Evolve has done it as i loaded it up last night and NOTHING.  I sure am glad I won both games or I would've been ppppiiissseed.

Which is what I call this practice now.  "The Season Piss"

When you go to New York would you play a pickup game of basketball? I've heard the best players in and out of the NBA play on many of the famous public courts there.

Has the video game deal portion of the podcast been replaced with gloating about how much expensive sh!t shipwreck and cheapy have been buying? Perhaps you should change the name of this site to richassgamer.com.

I feel it's only going to get worse when shipwreck starts going down the basement renovation "rabbit hole."
I actually really enjoy the basement talk and the gaming purchases talk. Sure, I would like it if there was more actual video game/industry talk but I feel like the current outline of the show is pretty dang good. This podcast actually reminds a lot of conversations I have with friends. It's not straight gaming but includes talk about movies, recent purchases, random things going on in our life etc. etc. The podcast is really down to earth and I enjoy the format.

Since this is the "questions" thread I'll ask one:

Are there any plans to do more content pieces outside of the podcast? If there isn't, why not?

is Nintendo really this ill prepared, or is the limited amiibo production planned?  how long do you see amiibos lasting?

Question for Cheapy

How/Why are you a Flyers fan? Arn't you from New York originally? I would figure you would be a Rangers or Isle fan

Rock Band 4, yay or nay?  Without the keyboard it feels like a downgrade; the only real selling point being that you get to play Rock Band on a next-gen console.  It sounds like a lot of your old DLC will carry over (as it gets released), but instrument controllers will not.

I'd like to be more excited, but as someone who still has a 360 hooked up, I feel like I'm not really the audience for this new game.  I'd be much happier if they just cranked out weekly DLC for Rock Band 3 again.  Thoughts?  What would need to be in RB4 - in terms of game features or content - for you to shell out for a new game and new controllers?

servers being shut down way to early 

I buy sports games every other year and was shocked to hear that nba 2k14 servers were being shut down. The real kick in the balls was the statement 2k made saying something along the lines of....don't worry your 2k myplayer went out on top. I understand servers  will eventually have to be shut down. this should not affect my single player game though. the game, like the console, is less than 2 years old.  they did eventually turn the servers back on but its too late. im out on all future 2k games. whats you guys thoughts on these type of situations. ps. lets get back to a weekly pod cast so I can have one hour of enjoyment at work a week  

Why do Nintendo games hardly ever go on sale for a reduced price? And I am not just talking about Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Zelda, etc. Lego City Undercover has had a steady $50 price tag for the past two years, Bayonetta 2 is still $60 and it hasn't dipped since it launched. My WiiU library would certainly be more robust if the cost of their games went down over time.

Ship - Is there anything you wanted for the basement remodel that Mrs. Shipwreck flat out said no to?

Also, do you have anything to say about the Borderlands Handsome Collection remaster?

I'd love Ship to do a video tour of his basement once he completes it. 

Finally got a chance to listen to Uninformed Opinions the other day as well, Wombat going by his real name and not Wombat take a minute to get used to, but overall pretty good podcast, reminds me a lot of CAG too. 

My main question for the CAGbag though is what everyone thinks of the Daredevil franchise now that the series has been out for a couple of weeks and has received universal praise?  The series has already been picked up for a second season and I think Marvel is really floored by how well the show has been received, could this be a resurgence of the character in comics, movies, and maybe even a new video game?

Cheapy, Wombat, Shipweck...

Are any of you guys in the Xbox One Preview Dashboard program? If you are, does your mic still work on your gaming headset when you plug it into your stereo headset adapter? Many people on the preview forum are complaining about their mics not being picked up. You can hear everyone + in game sounds and music, but nobody can hear you. This is not a NAT issue but something that's been broken in the preview dashboard for weeks. If you guys are part of the preview program and can test it in a party/voice messages before the next cagcast that would be great.

Wombat, CheapyD, if you're ever in Brooklyn there is a great comic book store that's full of classic stuff. I think the owner has a ton of Batman 1989 posters and pins, as well as the Crow stuff. http://www.yelp.com/biz/joseph-koch-brooklyn I think Shipwreck would really love this place and you two would have to carry him away to stop his neverending shopping spree.

Cheapy, I recently got back into driving games and wanted to know your thoughts on racing wheels.  Do you like playing with racing wheels, own any, or plan to buy?  I'm sure space is probably a big factor for you.   Sorry if you've went over this before and I missed it.

For next weeks CAGcast:

Cheapy/Wombat: How far do you guys have to travel to see one another in the city?  Is Wombat's work fairly close to where Cheapy lives?

So this "next" get is kinda disappointing so far, given the number of redux/remasters/collections.  So, if you could have a game/set of games re-released. what would it be?

1. Do you think MS will debut an [X]ONE Slim sku this year or officially drop the price to $350?

2. Sould they add the the Play and Charge kit with the standard sku since the DS4 has an internal battery/charge cord included with the PS4 instead of basically making you spend another $25 on an accessory most(I'd hope all) gamers want for their controller?

3. IYO can we officially call the PS Move(PS4 compatible), PS4 camera and Kinect gimmick accessories now that the next gen is here and have no games specif for them or been pushed for support by 3rd party companies?

Cheapy. . . Each week you mention that "Tai Can Handle It" when regarding the violent content that he is exposed to. Shouldn't your barometer for Tai's viewing be if it is appropriate?  I am sure he can handle a lot of things, the question is, SHOULD he be watching it?

I have two young children (3 Year Old Boy and a 7 Year Old Girl).  I am letting them watch a lot more things than I thought I would, but I do put my foot down now and then and say "NO WAY!" 

For next CAGcast:

Shipwreck, how did your modded consoles turn out?  Will you need to mod any others, such as your new Neo-Geo, before the basement if finished?

You mention the price drops from Microsoft being an attempt to offload the consoles for some reason, do you think it has anything to do with the fact that Windows 10 is including Xbox live and the fact that when they mention that windows 10 will be "Free for the first year" they really are switching to a subscription model that will most likely include office, onedrive , Xbox live and windows in one "easy" monthly payment?

I posted this in one of the forums but I am still confused.

"About 2 years back the ms store was unloading point cards cheap. People on Cag swooped in. Ms then changed it to a monetary system.

I have about 150.00 left. Last week I got an email saying the promotions funds the 150.00 will expire in June.

I thought once you bought points they were your to use when ever you want. Has anybody else been threathened to lose there funds? I know some people here went crazy."

One of the reasons I am confused is when I bought them they never said that you lose what you buy. Maybe it was the fine print I missed but that was weird.

Can one of you guys provide clarity on the expiring Ms promotional fund
When they converted to real money from points they gave you a 3-year period to use the currency before it was lost. I suggest you start looking at the XBox sales & use up the currency.

Question for the show:
With the Reddit leak on GS's limited selection of retro games they take in for more than $.05, do you think it's an active stance to avoid taking in fake games since the rarest titles like Earthbound, Little Samson, etc. aren't taken?

Any follow-up/final thoughts from Shipwreck on the RetroN 5?  I bailed on my preorder in the eleventh hour, but someone who's doing that to a basement and getting away with it could more or less provide a definitive recommendation.

Wombat, what did you think of the season finale of Agents of Shield and where do you think it will go from there.  Do you think it's at a point now that you'd be able to convince Cheapy to start watching it.

Question for Wombat.......I am about the same age as you, and am interested in revisiting comic books from my youth.  I am mainly a DC fan, and am wondering if the best route is to buy large comic book lots or simply buy hardcover omnibus collections to catch up on stories that I missed?

Also, if you could own one comic book, not for its monetary value, but simply the pride of having it in your collection, what issue would you have?

I know with this last week being loaded with DCU screen action, I expect talk to be lively!    As thus, do you think the Suicide Squad's Captain Boomerang and Katana will impact the appearances of the characters, especially the current actors themselves, on Arrow/Flash/etc?  More Boomer!!!!    

Question for the show:

Seeing how much everyone seems to enjoy the Witcher 3 would you go back play the earlier games if they were made available to the platform of your choice or even consider reading the books?

CAGccast E3 question:  

Do the three of you think that this could be the E3 where one of the key announcements will focus on the reduced pricing of digital games?  

A quick look at Amazon shows you that virtually every game is cheaper in physical format than digital, yet you don't have to wait through an excruciating download time and you can trade the physical copy in when you lose interest.   It's just my opinion but I actually think this would be a huge selling point for Sony or Microsoft in each company's effort to out-announce the other at E3.

bread's done
Back